Visitation

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm...I'm feeling so many things all at once. I'm really just overwhelmed," she said finally reaching for a tissue.

"Are the feelings all good ones?" he asked gently stroking her cheek.

"Yes," she said dabbing her eyes. "Very good, in fact."

"Care to share?" he asked with a kind smile.

"No. You'd probably just laugh at me or maybe finally run away," she said tossing the tissue and reaching for another.

"I promise that won't happen. You can tell me anything, Shannon. Anything."

She had to blow her nose and the noise it made was one of those things that just makes people laugh. "Very romantic, huh?" she said tossing that one away, too.

"You're just as beautiful to me right now as you were when I walked back into your house," he told her.

"You see, that's what's making me feel this way," she said finally able to get rid of the last tissue.

"What way is that?" he asked gently pushing her hair away from her face.

"Promise you won't laugh or say anything mean?" she asked.

"Mean? I would never say anything mean," he told her. "It's okay, Shannon. You can talk to me."

"Okay, I'm sure this has a lot to do with having been in the desert for so long where intimacy is concerned, but I'm also sure it's a whole lot more."

Greer didn't interrupt. He just lay there and listened.

"I...this...it wouldn't have been the same with some other random, good-looking guy." She managed a smile then said, "Even one as young and as handsome as you, Officer Greer." He smiled back but didn't speak.

"But you have made such an impression on me. You've...you've touched my soul, Weston. You've made me believe I might even be...attractive to you and..."

"Hey! You are attractive to me, Shannon. You're more than attractive. You are downright freaking gorgeous, okay?" he said firmly but sweetly followed by a big smile.

"You see, that's what I mean. Right there. You made me feel it again."

"Feel what again, sweetheart?" he asked still gently circling her cheek with his finger.

"Like...like...like you might..."

"Like I might love you?" he suggested.

She turned away slightly then said, "I know that's crazy. We don't really even know each other, but..."

He softly turned her pretty face back toward himself then said, "I do love you, Shannon. I know because I've never felt like this about anyone before. You may need time to date other guys and find out how you really feel, but...well, I already know I love you."

Greer saw tears in her eyes again and felt helpless. "I guess I should have kept my mouth shut," he said trying to smile.

Shannon shook her head and said, "No. Not at all. It's not you. It's me. You just said exactly what I wanted to hear you say and what I wanted to tell you! And other guys? I don't want other guys, Weston. Can't you see I am completely and totally in love with you? That's what I was so afraid to tell you because...it's so...it's so soon."

"Not for me," he told her. "I've been waiting to find you my whole life. I didn't know when or where it would happen, but I knew it would. All I meant was I know I'm the first guy since you lost your husband. I just wanted you know that as much as I wouldn't want to lose you, if you needed to date other guys, if you..."

She pulled him on top of herself and said, "Would you stop with the 'other guys' thing? Please?" Her eyes had a desperation in them. Desperation to make him understand she meant what she was saying. "Weston? I don't want other guys. I don't want any other guy. I want you. I want you because I'm in love with...you! Okay?"

She waited for him to smile then said, "You had me at 'can I get that for you'? when you took that first box from me."

"Oh, well, I guess that makes a kind of Jerry McGuire then."

Shannon finally laughed and said, "You goof! Jerry McGuire—or Tom Cruise—can't hold a candle to you. I'll take Weston Greer any day of the week."

She felt him growing hard again then said with the happiest smile he'd seen from her yet, "Mmmm. Does that mean I can take Weston Greer again right now?"

After another round of passionate lovemaking they decided Greer would go home before Colby woke up and come back later that morning. And that's when they would tell him they were now more than just friends. They also decided that evening would be when they'd let her father know he was coming home.

Just before he left, Shannon, who was exhausted from being unable to sleep even when Greer left her alone the rest of the night said, "I love my son and my dad very much, but until you came into my life, I felt like I had no purpose. It's not that raising a child isn't very important, but it's a duty and a responsibility. It can be fun, but it isn't always easy." She turned over and looked at him then said, "But now, I have every reason to live and to be happy."

Greer smiled back then said, "And I have two reasons to be the happiest guy on earth. You—my beautiful, gorgeous girlfriend, and Colby, my new bestest bud ever. Hey, how about we all go bowling this afternoon now that the house is pretty much done?"

"He'll love that," she said. "And if you're there, so will I."

"I'll be there," he told her. "And if you'll let me, I'll always be wherever you are."

Shannon pushed him away and said, "Okay, you need to go or I'm gonna start crying again, and Colby will up in a couple of hours and I haven't slept all night."

Greer got up and went to take a shower but decided to hold off. Before he disappeared he told her, "And yet you still look absolutely gorgeous, sleep or no sleep."

"Liar!" she said teasingly. He smiled then she said, "I love you, Weston."

"I love you, too," he told her before closing the door.

Shannon heard him leave as she finally fell asleep. Greer slipped out quietly and decided to go to the gym at the precinct knowing he couldn't possibly sleep after last night. Two hours and a hot shower later, he was headed back to Shannon's knowing she was likely still asleep but fully expecting someone else to up and around.

After making sure who was at the door, Colby flung it open when he knew it was Greer.

"Weston!" he called out just before getting scooped up by the older man.

"How's my favorite guy in the whole world?" he asked.

"Great!" Colby said. "What are we gonna do today? Are we gonna go to the half pipe again?"

"I thought we might try bowling today. How does that sound?"

"Awesome!" the boy said as Greer set him down.

"Okay, what's for breakfast around this place, my friend?" Greer asked knowing Colby hadn't eaten yet.

The smell of bacon and eggs woke Shannon up, and as soon as her foggy brain realized why that smell was wafting into her bedroom, she smiled. She winced as she rolled over, a pleasant reminder of the pleasurable pounding she'd taken just hours ago and she couldn't wait to see her handsome young lover again.

"Hey! There are my two favorite guys!" she said as she entered the kitchen wearing a much less sexy robe this time. She wanted Greer to kiss her so badly it hurt but just smiled at him.

After they ate, Greer told Colby, "Your mom and I have something we want to tell you."

"About going bowling?" he guessed.

"No," Shannon said. "Come on. Let's go sit down and we'll talk."

Colby was sitting between his mom and new best buddy when she said, "You really like Weston, right?"

"Yeah! He's cool!" Colby said.

"Well...so do I."

He looked up at her then over at Greer then back at his mom. "You mean like a boyfriend or something?"

She smiled then asked, "Is that okay?"

Colby looked at Greer who said, "It's true. Your mom and I really like each other—a lot."

"Awesome!" he said. Then he looked back at his mom and asked, "So do you guys kiss and stuff?"

She tried not to laugh before saying, "Um...yes. We kiss and...stuff." She leaned over to kiss Greer and Colby tried to watch her head go over his as he swirled around in his seat.

"Kissing is gross," he said. "But as long as it's with Weston, I guess it's okay."

Both adults laughed before jointly ganging up on the seven-year old and tickling him until he begged for mercy.

Greer was amazed at how quickly he was bonding with Colby now that he knew he loved his mother. The little boy was terrible at bowling when they started, but after a lot of patience and help, he was keeping nearly every ball on the lane. More important than the bowling itself were the high fives, the praise, and the words of encouragement from Greer who was clearly this young boy's American idol.

"So do you have nursing care lined up for your dad yet?" Greer asked as they had dinner out.

"I do!" she told him, "and she's ready to start tomorrow which is when we'll be bringing Dad home.

"I can't wait to see his face when you give him the news."

"It isn't going to be easy, but life isn't always easy," Shannon said. "It doesn't matter whether it's marriage, raising children, a job, or dealing with teasing at school when you're Colby's age. But that's no excuse for not trying."

"And just when I didn't think I could love you any more," Greer said before leaning over to kiss her.

"Is kissing fun?" Colby asked as he watched them.

"Not when you're seven," Greer told him. "But just wait. In just a few more years, you'll think it's pretty great." He looked at Shannon then said, "Especially when the girl is really pretty. Like your mom." Shannon happily accepted another kiss before suggesting they head over to the nursing home.

Greer popped in and said hello to her father then went to check in on his other regulars before coming back for the big announcement.

"So, Dad? Weston and I have two things to tell you."

"Oh?" he said looking at them as they stood together next to him.

"The first is that Weston and I are...dating." She smiled and waited for his response.

"Well, it's about time!" he said. "I was thinking I was gonna have to draw you two a road map!"

The happy couple held hands and laughed at his comment.

"And...we have a really special surprise."

"Well, it's not my birthday so what is it?"

Shannon took his hand and said, "I never wanted you to be in here, but Dale wouldn't even discuss letting you live with us. I can't make up for that. I can only tell you how sorry I am. But now that I have a home and thanks to Weston for helping me get it ready so fast, we have a spare room and...we're taking you home tomorrow."

"Home?" he asked. "With you?"

"Yes, with me. We have a nurse who'll be there a couple of times a day to check on you, but you'll have your own room, your own TV, bathroom, and whatever else you need."

Shannon had never seen her father cry before, but his eyes were filled with tears and his mouth was quivering.

"It's okay, Dad. I just hope you can forgive me for ever letting you be in here."

He couldn't speak, but he did raise his arm to give her a hug. He never actually cried, but he was very emotional.

"So we'll back tomorrow to help you bust out of this place, okay?"

He just nodded and Shannon gave him one more hug. Greer shook his hand and told him he'd be there, too. Lastly, Greer raised Colby up to hug his Grandpa.

"I love you, Grandpa. I can't wait 'til you come live with us. Then you can watch me go skateboarding and go bowling with us!"

The old man finally smiled then laughed. "I'm not so sure about all that traveling and watching, but I'll be happy to play chess or checkers with you."

"Cool! How about Monopoly? Can you teach me that, too, Grandpa?"

That night Shannon asked Greer if he'd consider moving in with her, too.

"You want me to give up the luxury and splendor of my one-bedroom bachelor pad?" he teased.

"I know the man usually provides the home, but ours isn't exactly the most usual of relationships," she offered. "I have a house and I can't live without you here another day."

"Of course, I will," he told her. "I'd have asked sooner or later and I like sooner a whole lot better than later."

Greer rented a truck the next morning and had what few things he owned in Shannon's place by noon and right after lunch they went back to the nursing home to check her father out for good and bring him home to spend the rest of his life with his daughter, grandson, and soon-to-be son-in-law.

Less than a week later, the investigation was over and Greer was cleared for duty pending the okay of the department's shrink. Two short sessions with her put him back on full duty and within another month his partner was back just like old times.

Greer never once doubted his love for Shannon or hers for him, and he proposed to her on Christmas Eve with his family having joined them for dinner. They married the following Spring and within three months, there were three happy surprises for the Greers.

Weston passed his sergeant's exam and was promoted right about the time Shannon learned she was expecting with their first child. And that same week, Greer adopted Colby who was thrilled to learn he was not only going to have a baby brother or sister, but that he now shared his dad's last name.

Still, his greatest joy came from the time his strong male role model spent with him almost every day after work. When the weather was nice they played catch outside or went to the half pipe which Weston had refurbished using a good chunk of the money Mrs. Garr had left him. He'd used the rest to take them on the shortest-ever honeymoon of three days which was all they felt comfortable with leaving her father home with just his nurse (even though he flirted with the much-younger woman non-stop.)

Greer continued doing his visitation at the home but did cut back to every other day to spend more time with the two most important people in his life. He spent as much time there as he could making another new friend each time one of his beloved regulars 'went home to be with the Lord.'

Shannon had been absolutely right. Doing the right thing wasn't always easy, but it had to be done. And had Greer not understood that himself, he would have never met the love of his life, his new son, or been blessed with a daughter later that year. It may not have always been easy, but it had always been worth it.