All Comments on 'Was I Man Enough?'

by Andyhm

Sort by:
  • 133 Comments
SteveWallaceSteveWallacealmost 9 years ago
Great Story ...

... and now there's got to be a sequel, maybe just 'Man Enough.' Loved it, and an unusual plot line.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Didnt like it.

I felt that the story was too focused on him forgiving her for her sexual infidelity and his feelings of adequacy. That is a huge problem but I feel an even bigger problem would be her lying and a lack of trust in their relationship. After all Mia wasnt being forced into anything unlike Liz. She chose to lie to him for months. A relationship between them with such a profound lack of respect from Mia would not last.

And towards the end he wants to open up the relationship. I dont have a problem with people in open relationships but for me personally I do not find such relationships romantic....

Anyways it was an good job done by the author. I hope you continue writing.

FD45FD45almost 9 years ago
I thought this was well done.

However I agree too much blame was slogged on him for his reactions.

And honestly, throwing that threesome thing at the end...gratuitous. It brought what was a credible and realistic tale and threw it into fantasy land.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdalmost 9 years ago
This was a 4 or 5 until he noted his willingness to let her sleep around...

Ruined the whole story; not at all supported by the previous very good chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
well

that kind of work might be honorable and high praised in the confused minds of some intellectual, academic dummies.

in real it's more like an amateur slut or a high paid escort who can choose what to do with the result: "any physical pleasure I got was an unexpected bonus".

so whatever field a man or a woman is working in it will have an effect on his private life. strippers, hardcore actors, whores or sex surrogates will loose a couple things that are to good to loose. all there inhibitions, they all lie on a daily basis about there job . I gets routine . you can't trust them besides you know them because of their work. otherwise you only find out the hard way. Funnily enough they all have a low self esteem, even the studied sex surrogates. why ? bluntly said they fuck their brains away. seeing (only) 3 to 6 different sexpartner a week , some for more than a couple weeks, some not, make the calculations. 300 different people a year and you give them the most intimate you can give ?????? why should you care if one more or less ??? all sense of shame long gone, naked with a wife and her husband (multiplied with 300/ a year) is like an ongoing orgy with all the mental derogations, voyeurism and other fetishes like beeing the better woman....

lying to themself is the biggest part why the disqualify themselves to ever have a "normal" relationship. you can't have sex in any form without having feelings that's the biggest lie anybody can tell you. once consumed like your 15 coffees a day it looses a quality that will not come back.

also a very nice try to understand a sex surrogate but as I said they are the best actors or liars on the planet and if you don't like a woman nicely fucked when she comes home (she will learn him what she likes and not what a woman or all women like because she doesen't know) from work then your not the guy for her.

as for not analysing you because of.......what ever, it's not true either. as soon as the first problems start she will and if it's only a reflex.

nice fairy tale but has nothing to do with life and a bit long

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
We all make decision; regret some and proud of other.

But I found the "new experiences" exciting!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
WTH?

You had a nice story going then it has to end in a threesome what? then she gets to go back to doing therapy in the sack? why?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Like everyone says

You ruined a really good story with the last three paragraphs that turn this into a sleaze piece. Whatever were you thinking?

BelgiumBelgiumalmost 9 years ago

The epilogue was not neccessary and ruined the tale

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thoughtful and creative

I find this a great story. What I can't figure out is the negative reactions to it. Have none of these folks read Andyhm's other stories? I think this ties the other stories together though I did not catch the tie in until the epilogue. When you consider the variety of good and bad stuff on this site, I find this one thoughtful, sensitive and helpful in understanding what some people go through in life trying to figure out sex. So kudos to Andy. If you don't like his themes--go somewhere else. There is lots worse stuff on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Needs proofreading!

I haven't finished page one yet, and I note several proofreading errors. I'll keep reading, but such silly errors are particularly frustrating in a story *written in the first person with a protagonist who is a published author*.

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
I enjoyed reading this

but now I have to go read more to see how the ending ties it to others by the same author.

xtremeddxtremeddalmost 9 years ago
and I especially liked the end

Liz and Mia needed Daniel...

and too their family.

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

bruce22bruce22almost 9 years ago
Excellent Story

I have to admit that the threat of going into an open marriage at the end leaves my Puritan instincts growling. As usual the problem with blackmailers is they usually catch you when you can't think straight. Thanks for posting it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
hmmmm

Well done except the ending,

it just doesnt work with the preceding story.

We have a guy so torn up about her having sex with others, and a girl tore up and willing to give it up.

Then suggest she goes back to it, even with the others in her practice telling her not to do so?

Makes no sense, unless the earlier comments brought out by her psychiatrist that she used surrogate activity to supplant a real relationship.

And no psych doc would ever tell her a good idea to go back to it either.

Its a certainty even if he is ok with it, to eventually destroy the marriage.

Now her willing to add a 2nd wife?

thats borderline.

also she is a marriage counselor? no the ending doesnt mesh with preceding story at all.

WindySwimmingWindySwimmingalmost 9 years ago
Great Story

Loved it - particularly the ending with Mia & Liz getting close. Previous comment of open marriage being an oxymoron, I don't think so. Wish there were following chapters. I don't want the story to end yet. Lol! Well done!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
kentish man or man of kent

5 stars for pages 1 to 7

3 stars for the last paragraph of page 8 & for page 9

Vapid ending to a most interesting & engaging tale

Well written story

wonderful characters

solid plot

quality dialogue

shit ending

dozendozenalmost 9 years ago
A great story *****

Just a few editorial niggles:

courtesy not curtsy

affected not effected (affect is a verb, effect is mostly a noun)

tidying not tiding

"My body was quick to respond" not "My body was quick to responded"

sanser6sanser6over 8 years ago
The Mila and Dave story please

I could see a wonderful threesome with Mia, Andy and Liz, fivesome across the lake.

As you see Andy me and the other readers need more.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 8 years ago
Oh, and Dozen ...

'chord' rather than 'cord'

But still a 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very well written 5*

Just a few issues:

- I thought Daniel was a little too forgiving that Mia had continued to have sex with her clients for a whole year without telling him. Also why she did continue, obviously because she enjoyed it and thus gave it more weight than her relationship with him. I think he should have gone into more detail about whether she was having sex with him the same day she was doing a client. What she thought about that and how she justified it.

- Also with Liz, she could have made a bigger effort to contact him after her betrayal and vicious outburst about his sexual prowess.

Both these things would have enhanced the tension and intensity of the story.

I'm not really into more than one partner but I think Liz joining them would be good in the circumstances of this story and maybe him getting a little jealous of the two girls together. Also if Mia does return to having full sex with her clients, it would give his natural jealousy an opportunity to return despite his so-called re-appraisal of her role as a surrogate.e.g "Have a good day Mia, oh how many clients are you fucking today? Will there be full penetration or are you just sucking them off and opening your legs for them to do you digitally? No dear, it will be full penetration and I'm working on anal with one of them. Another hard day for me, well I hope so anyway." Difficult to see a husband accepting such a situation!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
entertained yes

But I didn't like that he was willing to be a cuckold and was considered at fault because bothered him his girlfriend was having sex for money.

Albeit to help people.

Hookers are just doing their business as well.

Why would he ever trust her?

I don't think you made the argument.

You certainly don't know how men with spine think.

teeneywteeneywover 8 years ago
Wonderful Story

Not a lot of eroticism till the end, but it's a beautiful love and friendship story. Very well-written.

AndyhmAndyhmover 8 years agoAuthor
Dear anonymous

You have the right to hide you comments behind your anonymity - I as the author have the same right to delete them. If you feel so strongly then be brave and post under your name.

daMile23TdaMile23Tover 8 years ago
FUCKING COWARD

How come you delete anon comments ONLY IF THEY ARE NEGATIVE? The one I posted yesterday wasn't even offensive, you just didn't like it.

Now I've signed in. What does it change? Is daMile23T any different from anon? You still get 1* from me, only this time I won't bother explaining why. Delete this too. You are good at that.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
THE TRUTH DOESN'T ALWAYS SET YOUR FREE

then there is choice of PRO-fessions. TK U MLJ LV NV

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 8 years ago
You´ve taken on a difficult task...

...in making plain that her profession could in no way be seen as a breach of trust, loyalty or fidelity. You managed to do so in a very convincing way. I´d like to congratulate you to a wonderfull and emotional story. I rated this one 5* - although it would have deserved more. Thank you for writing.

Richie4110Richie4110over 8 years ago
Great story wonderfully done!

I had Helen Hunt of "The Sessions " in mind as I read the story and that made it better for me. It is an interesting and complex dilemma for the sig other of a sex professional to deal with. I couldn't and that's why I love reading about a way that someone could.

Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

MbgdallasMbgdallasover 8 years ago
5 stars but I have two problems.

The ending was unnecessary and actually detracted from the story. No need for the threesome. A brother/sister/sister relationship would have been so much better.

One item that was missed. Her new surrogate Maria fell in love with one of here clients. This could have been a big problem Daniel, if she had continued to perform. This could have been brought up in the story and added another chapter as to how they would deal with her profession.

I am happy for the happy ending of the story. I really believe that they had a lot more to discuss and work through before they gott hrough all of the issues. Which we could have seen all of that.

Great story and you will now be one of my favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A good effort. Kind of cutsie and lame at parts, but overall a decent work.

I think there is some culture clash, as your sensitive British gentleman comes off a bit timid and demure when dealing with emotions and romance. Of course you made Liz a complete dunce, which begs what he ever saw in her to begin with. But I appreciate the reconciliation and rekindling their friendship. The whole threesome polyamory thing at the end was a cheap stunt that actually detracted from the otherwise engaging story. I would suggest that for future stories, less is more.

Thank you for your time and effort.

shaman43shaman43over 8 years ago
Well done

I like the ending with the promise of the Triad. Since I have had that experience it can be exciting and comforting at the same time. You write so well I do wish there was better editing at times. The prose is flowing and the plot progressing then bam there is a word missing or an extra one or something to mess up the flow. It is a begger of a point I know just a wee wish.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 8 years ago
The epilogue kinda killed this one...

Sometimes better to quit while you're ahead.

InescuInescuover 8 years ago
The Epilog killed it

He came off a bit too weak, but honestly most of your male protagonists come off as weak. They get hurt and then scurry off to lick their wounds and over analyze their actions. Your males are either predator alphas or weak, over thinking intellectuals.

The threesome was unnecessary and seemed to be tacked on to have a sex scene rather than adding to the story.

I do appreciate that to some extent that at least Mia was honest about her own desire to be involved in the physical aspects of her therapy. It was more about the sex and less about the therapy and she and her psychologist seemed to recognize that. Throwing the Epilog and his waffling on letting her get back to fucking her customers was just disappointing and in light of Mia's observations about herself, probably self destructive.

xtremeddxtremeddover 8 years ago
Cherry on top.... Liz too, gotta Love it

So is this soap opera for guys and gals? If so, this is enjoyable entertainment. Consider the alternative of no fun at all. Great story and writing.

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

stev2244stev2244over 8 years ago
Enjoyable read

Thanks. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Man up

A very uneven tale. Points for taking on the explanation of a very 'touchy' profession. Points off for maligning one of the oldest professions...writing. If you'd cast your lead as an auto mechanic and mangled the terminology and basics, you're readers would be sorely/soarly disappointed...noisy/nosey, cupper/cuppa. Yeah?

And let's just abandon the Epilogue, not only did you introduce completely new characters, but you tossed in a potential (if not likely because you pointed it out there different ways) threesome(?) - really?

It's a three maybe three and a half star tale

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
enjoyed greatly

interesting story of mental and sexual dysfunction

FD45FD45about 8 years ago
On seeing your latest story, I gave this a quick reread

And a lot jumped out on the second pass:

1) I kept waiting for the conflict to arrive. He meets a great girl, she has a secret, she reveals the secret and...the first fucking thing he does is tell her 'It's MY problem, I need to heal up. You just wait so I can marry you when I fix myself'.

Blink blink. Well...not mystery there. There is NO possible way he is dumping her.

So how about the pain of the neighborhood? Nope. He walks in and YEARS LATER, they still have his mug and don't have a single bad thing to say.

So...how about a conflict with the ex? No no. They have a Disney adultery and the only pain is that she can't have him anymore...but she is deliriously happy he has someone else, so no jealousy or conflict there.

The ex best friend? (grasping at straws here!) No. He's in a Thai prison eating cockroaches. Karma destroyed him without any of the 'good' people having to sully their hands in dealing with a difficult situation OR presence.

Well...what about regrets in a 'might have been' with Liz? No no...Mia is PERFECTLY FINE to share her husband with his FIRST pick, the one he shared DECADES with without a trace of insecurity and in the face of her parents and vast cultural approbation because...reasons. And HE, a guy who has heretofore not shown a trace of desire for alternative lifestyles wants to suddenly go swinging from the rafters.

I thought Walt Disney was frozen under Disneyworld, not writing Lit stories.

This was as edgy as a rubber ball. They don't all need to be knife wielding dramas, but hell, EMMA by Austen had more drama.

It was also about 2-3 pages too long. A few points were beaten to death.

Which is not to say it wasn't a nice story. It was TOO nice a story.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 8 years ago
In simplicity

lies true beauty. This was a good story - smothered by layers of unnecessary machinations. A simpler approach with 3 pages less of writing would have made it a great story.

EddboyEddboyabout 8 years ago
did he really

ask her to forgive him? I fail to see the difference between what she does and what a prostitute does; both use their bodies to bring pleasure. This guy had serious problems though, and could use a little therapy to toughen him up a little

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
A story about a wimp...

And the women who beat him like an emotional piñata...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
3*

Lack of real conflict.

Good writing but poor story structure.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
meh

nice story. the man is a wimp and the women are morons. and i have to say that fucking other people for money is a pretty important detail to hide from your partner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Pretty well rationalized, the bigger idiots won't even notice how the story goes to full prostitute cuck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well written but.....

Nice story, well written and interesting , but no man who went through what he did would then look longingly at a swinging lifestyle . Nice writing and interesting characters though.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
A prostitute by any other name

Is still a woman who fucks other men and for money as well.

She was a professional slut and enjoyed getting fucked by multiple partners.

She was a deceptive bitch to have sex with any boyfriend before disclosing this fact.

I don't find her or the male character attractive at all but well written story nonetheless.

AndyhmAndyhmover 7 years agoAuthor
@anonymous

If you can't be bothered to make a constructive comment then as is my right I'm deleting it

Pappy7Pappy7over 7 years ago
Writing was pretty good except for the expected

angst surrounding the male lead. Wasn't much of alpha male, which most aren't but he wasn't even a delta male, somewhere in the middle of the Greek alphabet I expect. My fraternity days are long gone so I can't recite the Greek alphabet so somewhere in the middle will have to do. I think that you writing her to understand her joy in the sex side of her work was a brave move and her being willing to give it up for a shot at Danny was good. So why did you write him to be such a pussy when it came to his feelings about her fucking around on him, and that's exactly what it was. I can't imagine a man with any sense of self who would put up with that from his wife, or even girlfriend. I didn't say male ego because that has gotten such a bad rap from women's lib and the hateful extremists who dominate that group. I see your epilogue as one of two things. Either she's trying to set Danny up so she can go back to fucking her clients or she is willing to share Liz with him because she would really be "sharing" Liz. I don't know if surrogates fuck women or not, but I wouldn't say they didn't. So it looks like Danny is in the polyamorous life now whether he likes it or not. So, two women who like to fuck around within their relationships are going to share him. Looks like they need to go back to weekly VD testing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I Do Believe

I probably would of text her to get her things and leave the key on her way out the door.

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7about 7 years ago
Wow, brilliant, your best story

Wow, this was your best story I have read so far. Brilliant. Five out of five.

It is even better than the Woodworker's Wife which is your best story I've read until this one.

This is as good as Ohio, DQS1 and Jezzaz which are my favourites.

For some of your stories I have thought the idea was great, but the execution wasn't just right (at least for me.) But that is not the case here.

For WIME I thought the characters were strong and well drawn, their actions realistic and believable, and the main character didn't flop flip at all (unlike some of your male characters - sorry).

The two female "betrayals" were clever and unusual rather than the usual run of the mill sluttery. (If there is a such a word.)

In fact this story reminds me of a story by Ohio called The Surrogate, only told from a slightly different perspective.

I really like stories that are sexually nuanced and not just the woman or wife being a mindless, cliche whore.

Also the story length was just right for me.

If I had to make a constructive criticism I would say the main character didn't ask Liz if sex with him was really bad - the thing that causes all his psychological problems. Yes she said she was forced to say it. But it would have been nice to have her say he was a wonderful lover. (A very minor point.)

Also the crisis with Mia thinking he was giving Liz a ring was resolved almost too quickly. But I liked the plot development a lot.

Cheers

Steve

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 7 years ago
Enjoyed it

Very good tale, but too many silly elements to be considered great. You try to build the case that someone can be a surrogate, remain professional and not have feelings for the client. You then insert a surrogate who falls in love with her client. An odd inclusion.

And then the ending. It is as if you are a fan of polyamory and tried to write a story about someone who was monogamous - only to abruptly add the hint at the end. Both inclusions undermine the unity of the story.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 7 years ago
Couldn't finish it, disgusted me.

Seems like the author has trouble writing monogamous women.

I couldn't read further than the third page, but I'm hoping, probably in vain, that Daniel was man enough to end it with the deceitful Mia, and finally find someone who didn't enjoy sleeping with other men while in a relationship, and who didn't work in what I can only describe as legalized prostitution.

It's not exactly a first date thing, but someone working as a sex surrogate has a responsibility to disclose a dealbreaker like that, she could at the very least, not have worked as a surrogate for a little while, having others stand in, until she could talk with Daniel. If she did it after the reveal, it would be too little too late, the question is, just how many men has she fucked or done other sexual stuff with while Daniel was living in ignorance? It is something most men would be wondering,

and did she ever enjoy it more with a client? She could say no and be truthful, but would it matter? The trust is gone.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 7 years ago

Can see from other reviewers that the story has been busy playing the blame game, and dumping way too much of it on Daniel.

Probably another wimpy LW male lead that keeps blaming himself for the cheating woman's failings, or trying to convince himself that what she did wasn't wrong in the end, despite any sane right thinking man knowing otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Disliked

The ending

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
The

The thing is once they became a couple. Without working it out she was definitely cheating on him.

They had no agreement for her to have any kind of sex with others.

She said if he asked her to marry her she would tell him the truth. He had a right to the truth when they became a couple.

As a relationship expert she would know that.

JackmoftenJackmoftenalmost 7 years ago
Nope!

I'd of stopped seeing her as-soon-as I found out she was a sexually surrogate. Let her spread for all her clients and just not for me...she'd be well used and stretched out..side walls unreachable. Wouldn't know if she was faking it or not...if I was really pleasing her or not. To many unknowns with her..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Just

Call her a prostitute offering a specialty service.. The title is interesting "Was he Man enough" to share his wifes sex acts with other men

I didn't know shareing your wife sexually made you more manly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Man enough?

No That is the opposite of man enough. .Fiction is strange but prostitution is also just a job.

Some men are man enough to handle it. sure thing.

A story is a narrative but I wouldn't want to normalize it.

TatankaBillTatankaBillover 6 years ago
Another hit

Damn. You did it again. This is the second of your stories I've read and I really enjoyed it. I've often wondered how I might react to a loving relationship with a woman who worked as a sex surrogate. I think your take on it was realistic. Most men would be uncomfortable with it and it would take a special guy with confidence and security in his sexuality to handle it with maturity, something "anonymous" clearly lacks. As an afterthought I think I want to add that this guy "anonymous" who comments so frequently is a child. Do you suppose his mother knows he's reading on this site? He has no idea what manhood means, even though you've laid it out for him right here. Anyhow, you got another five stars from me. I'm gonna keep reading- I like your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Didn't float my boat... can't deal with her occupation..she came when she helped those men .sex is sex....

Also the ending. Oh god!!! Sigh

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
NFW!

I'd of changed the locks on my apartment, blocked Mia's phone number and e-mail address, told my agent she had better not share my itinerary with anyone, especially Mia or I'd fire her and get a new agent, packed my things for the book signing tour, and left to do the tour.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 6 years ago
Yes and no

An excellent story with great characters. Personally I couldn’t handle her occupation. She fucks for a living for crying out loud. I’d never allow her to go back to that part of her profession. And taking both of them as wives? Now that’s just plain stupid.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Now

that's a story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@Drbeamer3333

I agree with some parts of the comments, specially the ones that say that she shoudl had been honest about her work as soon as they got serious.

However you expressed what I thought about the story when I finished. Not for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Man enough?

To be happy with the fact that your wife performs sex acts with lots of different men for money? That's not being secure, it's deliberately ignoring the emotional stresses that she undergoes which will kill the marriage.

How weird to write a story with this theme when you can't spell 'counsellor'!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
NFW!

I could not in no way be with Mia. I'd always be think, "Is she evaluating me? Am I up to her standards? How do I rate on her bedroom skills level. Am I a one, a ten, somewhere in between"? I'd always be second guessing myself. Forget it. I'd go find someone else or no one at all. Maybe a shemale? Who knows. I don't, that's for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Enjoyable story - but fell a little flat at the end

Well-written, enjoyable story dealing with Danny's humiliation by his ex-fiancée and his current fiancée's work as a sex surrogate. I liked the resolution of the story - right up to the very end where the author suggests that Liz might become his other wife. That was unnecessary and gratuitous. Otherwise, well done. --JRZ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
great story

Excellent story! The ending was purely rotten. The struggles of Danny and Mia to be soley each other's was absolutely destroyed and became an unrealistic vain struggle (ultimately meaning nothing from the beginning) when the author took liberty to include others into their intimacy of marriage. The ending made the entire story void of purpose and a disappointment to have taken the time to read. An incredible shame to have so plundered the fine work that preceded.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ending ruined it

She keeps a very powerful secret from him, and the idiotic question becomes "is he MAN enough? " How about, "is SHE honest enough, MATURE enough, INTELLIGENT enough, to share the TRUTH with him before they get too involved ?"

Jesus, drop her like a hot rock. NOT because she's a sex worker, but because she's at heart dishonest. HIDING an important truth is still a LIE. One of the sneakiest ways, to be sure, but still a lie.

HAD she told him early on, the story would have been about HIM. Perhaps his struggle to decide what to do. But hiding important stuff -- "Honey, I'm bipolar," "I struggle with . . . " -- is always a lie. One need not disclose all of the past, but the present would be an excellent start.

buckshot46buckshot46over 5 years ago
Great Story

This the second or third time I've read this.

It's still Great.

In the last 2 or 3 years, MY life has greatly changed and I'm appreciating this story more and more.

I do agree with other comments that the very ending was unnecessary. Still, it's a 5+.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Agreed

Great story sloppy ending. It is understandable we want everyone to win? Can't give a 4.5 but the end doesn't get a 5 from me

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ask better questions

Will the leopard be able to change her spots?

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimabout 5 years ago
Admiration

I admire your skill in taking a fairly simple plot line and infusing it with enough drama to fill a full length novel. Sometimes this becomes a bit of a problem, when your plot arcs become so twisted it's hard to know what's what or why. But this one went very nicely.

And I enjoyed the epilogue. I am definitely on the side of the committed. loving harem clan, and if that makes me seem a little misogynistic, I can live with that. Everyone has a viewpoint.

Kudos to you, sir.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Too soppy

So saccharine sweet your teeth turn grey *sigh*

There's still that great elephant of a basic premise that she who functionally sells sex for money (we'll put a bowtie on it, give a certificate, a license, and call it therapy) is actually a........

Plus the giant, glaring, honking non guarantee or resolution of her bias/need/addiction being irrevocably solved. Kind of open ended in some ways which is a bit troubling.

Plus the protagonist simping and assuming too much undue ass-kissing posture is a bit contemptible. It's obscuration via a noble guise and other BS. Completely unbalanced relational dynamics.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Damned good

A very interesting run-around, rather resemblant of an English Farce.

It was well-told and a good read.

Thank you

HP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Threesome is terrible ending

Fucking both his wife and Liz is a ridiculous! Totally out of character for Daniel. It brings a 5 star story down to a 2

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Kind of stupid!

Mia didn’t have continue to be a surrogate sex partner. She was a PhD doctor. She could have gotten another woman as a surrogate for her hard cases.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
uhh

excellent writing but the ending negated the story.

So he ends up in a three way marriage.

And is suddenly willing to let his wife cheat on him.

And yes cheating is what it would be as she has others to do the surrogate work. She would do it only to sex others, and well thats cheating.

So the ending does didnt match the rest of the story at all.

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
Ending way too bizarre

I really liked the story. It raised lots of emotions and thought on the sex trade and relationships. Great, well done.

But the ending was such BULLSHIT. It did not fit with the rest of the story at all.

If the author wanted to expand the sex trade theme to cover polyamoury, they should have done so earlier and as a constructive part of the story. As it is, it is just a disharmonious outlier, distracting from an otherwise very good story.

If I could, I would go back and STOP READING prior to the Epilogue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Fucked it in the end!

It was a beautiful story ..with a plot well woven...characters with well fleshed roles and a riveting storyline ...and then..you had to go smoke your weeds before completing the story to the end!!

No marriage can survive sharing of intimacy...that is basic human nature...we don’t like to share especially our intimate things/relationships ....one may consider oneself to be very open minded to accept an open lifestyle...but it won’t last...

Some religions allow more then one wife...we have seen the problems there in...you have to really brainwash the female population from an early age to accept this a s a way of life..in liberal educated societies where the female is an equal to the male ...sharing does not work in the long run..no one likes to feel shared or subsidised...

Jealousy, inadequacy and uncertainty are secondary human emotions and they will slowly come to the fore!!

So if you want to screw up a good marriage...then your ending is the right way to do it!

canfieldcanfieldalmost 4 years ago
epilogue or prequel?

I, for one, am happy to have the “coming attraction” prequel without waiting for the credits to end! I like happy endings, I like Hallmark movies and I like erotica. I also like being reminded that nothing is resolved by running away; resolution requires communication.

steeltiger01steeltiger01almost 4 years ago

I gave this a 3 initially. On re-read, I have to say 4, if not 4.5. A very well told tale!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

More realistic than most l.w. submissions. No immovable characters, no unbelievably stupid ones either. Good read, albeit slow but only in a very few places. Plus I like happy endings as well as the BTB and wreak havoc (do those two words always appear together?) on the snake. Time well spent.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Reading again-page 4

Doug needs therapy and a new wife who would consider being an adulterous cunt under NO circumstances.

May have said all this before. Premature ejaculation isn’t a problem if you consider it round one. Or for the young, rounds one and two.

IndyOnIndyOnover 3 years ago

You are an exceptionally gifted writer. I have read three of your stories and marked all three as favorites. The only flaw in this story is when he first met Mia her gave her all five of his books, "Hard bound first edition signed with a different message hand written in each". Later in the story when in London with Dave and Mia he told Liz that he had three books done and was working on the fourth.He actually had five done and the sixth was his start on the new sex surrogate story. Also my only other suggestion would be to draw out the endings a bit more.....I love reading 9-12 chapters as your stories as so good but then the endings seem to come in half a chapter with loose ends?

I really look forward to reading the rest of your stories and hopefully many more in the future.

Jeff in Edmonds, WA

hardworker5556hardworker5556about 3 years ago
Loved It!

Andy, please keep writing and ignore the often asinine criticism from those with little imagination, appreciation and tact. Great plots in all of your stories, as is character development, good sex scenes and thoughtful, believable reactions to betrayal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This is a well told story, but the idea that he would allow her to go back into surrogacy is barking insane.

OnethirdOnethirdabout 3 years ago

Great story. I got a little confused with the ending, and the living and working arrangements were a bit vague. Nonetheless, all’s well that ends well.

OnethirdOnethirdabout 3 years ago

I do agree that the endings are too rushed. Kind of reminds me of Steven King books- huge tomes, chock full of great stuff, then at about the 90% point you can tell he is trying to get to an exit. The implied mange a trois is a last minute toss-off. Still love the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

She is a sexual surrogate and she thinks that she can have a romantic relationship? BS! She should have quit if that is what she wanted. She can’t have a family. She puts herself at risk every time she has sex with a patient since she has way to know if the guy hasn’t been cheating on his wife. She should have stopped being sexual surrogate when she met David.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Mixed feelings! Daniel is a moron, too slow on the uptake. For an author, he takes a long time to put two and two together and is too quick to kick himself for what would be a natural reaction. And why the hell would Mia still feel wistful for not getting to have a physical bout with her patients when she's so all fired in love wit Daniel?? Then Daniel wonders if he is doing the right thing by allowing her to give up sexual relations with her patients! What the hell is wrong with the MC's?! Then a manage a trois to come? Bullshit. Good plot with a lot of holes.

racfguyracfguyover 2 years ago

This was a good read. I halfway expected that the asshole Marcus would make an appearance. Glad that he didn't.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

5 stars for a good read. Keep writing please.

To each his own is how I regard all this kind of multi-relationship stuff.

Personally, I have been a one-woman man for more than 1/2 century.

I am so NOT into sharing my most significant other half.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

why would he allow her to go back to her work ? is he fucking stupid ? what the hell. after all they’ve been through

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice story but why have her go back to work....why if she was getting serious with a relationship would she Continue work that part of the job.....

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 2 years ago

Are there any men as fucking useless and gay (not homosexual) as the MC?

This is a very talented writer. I wish the characters weren't so pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ending sucks

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 2 years ago

Some commenters mentioned "rushed endings". I didn't get that. The issues central to the story are resolved. I will say that if you want rushed endings pick up anything by Louis L'Amour. Love his stories but he did that, even in his bigger novels. Maybe part of it is the reader loves the story and the characters and their world so much, and wants more.

I did feel here that Andy is sort of tweaking the readers with the plural relationships thing and Mia going back to working "hands on" (sorry!) with the clients.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nonsense.

No man is going to let his wife and rhe mother of his 2 children start fucking strange men as a sex surrogate when it is not necessary for her to run the practice.

And no self respecting woman and mother with 3 or 4 degrees including her PhD is going to "wistfully" talk about fucking strange dick as part of her therapy practice when she has 3 or 4 other surrogates working for her.

If she does? It's just an excuse to get some strange.

And the whole 2 wives thing is just plain stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well written, but your ending lost this reader. The character Mia already said she liked the physical part of surrogacy so much she was tempted to hide it from her husband. At the end you have her looking "wistful" when she thought about it. How, then, is her wanting, and his agreeing, to go back more different from her wanting serial adultery so long as it's "just sex".

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAndyhm@Andyhm
Jan 2023 I’m afraid that for the foreseeable future I’ve had to put hold any work on current and future stories on this site. There is so much going on in my life currently that I’m unable to justify the time I spend writing short stories. Hopefully this will be a temporary h...

SIMILAR Stories