All Comments on 'Weekly Sessions'

by SteveWallace

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
impo_61impo_61about 9 years ago
Let's return to to the 60´s!!!

Let's return to to the 60´s!!! To the free love!!! So why the need to be married? A lot of psychological crap to try to justify cheating!!! She wanted to love all, maybe even the garbage men, the milk man and so on...And then have a child to live in the middle of that kind of life, not knowing who the father was...1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I wonder ...

I wonder over and over again why the people who leave comments like the ones below even visit this website. I wonder whether they understand contemporary sexual mores. They clearly don't appreciate fiction, fantasy, or fucking! I wonder what they do in their spare time beside write nasty comments on every LW story. To the author, it was 5-stars; keep writing.

starmanfivestarmanfiveabout 9 years ago
Interesting thinking and philosophy!

Very polyamory feeling story. Group sex would have been a better fit. LW is basically monogamy based (with swinging and cuckolding) Cheating is the ticket here. Practitioners of polyamory and polygamy confuse us. We understand swinging which is swapping. Cuckolding is something altogether different! Threesomes are a stretch for us, but they can be sexy under the right circumstances. I don't see how this story fits into the traditional marriage theme. If you can fuck whoever you like and its not a big deal, where is the story in that? Example: " Honey, I ran into the Nelsons and they invited me for a weekend at at a B&B in the Valley. You don't mind do you?"

NewYorkeroticNewYorkeroticabout 9 years ago
You deserve better -- not bitter -- readers.

Comments to Literotica stories continue to disappoint (though not surprise) me.

Instead of wondering if the institution of marriage (however defined) is even relevant in any form to a dynamic lifestyle such as the one depicted here, one objection is that such a lifestyle encourages a return to 1960s-style "free love," as if "free love" as imagined or practiced in that period was a negative thing per se, or that "the '60s" and (for lack of a positive term) the broader "counter culture" that originated or surfaced in that decade are somehow not just past but passé. Time is a continuum that we divide into small increments and then multiply into larger ones for our convenience. Just because something occurred in a past decade does not necessarily mean it is no longer relevant, unless it was never relevant to a given person or to that person's ideology. Nor can one accurately shoehorn an entire historical period into an arbitrary timeframe and simply dismiss it out of hand simply because of when it happened. Besides, why someone regarding '60s-style free love as objectionable would be reading and commenting on anything on an expressly erotic literature web site is beyond me. Unless we are talking about the chronically angry right-wing crowd where any excuse to vent one's prejudice in any venue is not only possible but likely.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Hey bonnie!

Keep spouting off that worthless mouth and maybe you'll be the one getting a heart attack. Seems like finding another venue to spout your hatred is in order. Didn't read the story, so no comment on it or score. Unlike that cunt bonnie, some of us don't give automatic five star ratings to any story regardless of quality. And to think some anon, actually said she only comments on the story now. Ha, got that fucker fooled.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
The writing was often stilted, but generally easy reading.....

....I suspect the weaknesses in the story came from the mental "left turn" the author took to make his case.

Contrivances that create challenge or mental conflict cause perceptive and logical issues in the expressions used to deal with them.

You might want to search your soul for clarity on some of this.

It's clear you want to promote the ideas of polyamory, swinging, open marriage....but saying "It's all good", and believing it deeply are not the same....and it shows in your expressions. The device of being a neutral counsellor (that is far from neutral) is flawed in your expression of it. Your own deeper feelings are somewhat muddied by some personal angst on the general topic. So...wanting to see every woman fucking even ,an in sight, while maintaining a "loving" relationship in a "committed" marriage have apparently inbuilt conflicts for you...that you apparently want to deny.

Hmmm. Sort of two faced, in my opinion.

No longer married are we?

patilliepatillieabout 9 years ago
Good writing, easy to read and flows well

but you know that already, your library is quite extensive and well crafted. The topic you promote, polyamory, is in fact quite controversial as it is felt not to be in the best interests of human kind/society in the whole. The legal version of this, polygamy, has been outlawed in most civilized (i.e. successful) nations for a long time.

I will not take the time to go over the reasons for that, they are self evident and based on the idea of a "commitment" that is highly individualized for each couple, and thus is really no commitment at all. The foundation needed to go out each day and struggle to work and raise the next generation is not there in that type of setup.

One of the other commenter's said it best in that it is a another Utopian idea that has been around-"free love", for a long time. None of the little communities setup to realize this dream has ever lasted long, it just doesnt work long term.

But you craft your argument well, and only hint at the "cucky" fetishist aspect of the truth of these arrangements. Based on your other tales, it is only a short matter of time before Brad is sucking dick and slurping sperm out of his "wife's" pussy while she cavorts with various and sundry single "uncommitted" bulls.

Not my cup of tea but you did get me to comment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I appreciate your desire to justify the polyamory open sexuality life style. Its an option.

The history of civilization indicates it is a weak and usually temporary structure. I think there are some primitive groups, tribes, that practice a form of uncommitted familial and sexual behavior. But most families, and their societies, seem to thrive best in monogamous committed relationships, and civilization has advanced most successfully where the typical heterosexual two-person marriage structure is strongest. I'm sure apologists for alternative lifestyles will want to cite opposing data. But its pretty hard to refute thousands of years of open experimentation with alternatives, and yet most men and women end up seeking that one special person to share their life with, in a committed faithful marriage. You can claim its just habit, social indoctrination, religious repression, personal insecurity, etc. But it most definitely is the dominant form of relationship most humans seek. And its no accident that most open "marriages" end up being temporary accommodation or justification for people who are no longer committed to their marriage, but lack the honesty and integrity to call it what it is. They no longer respect their spouse nor themselves. They want to fuck around. At the same time they want the security and shelter their marriage provided, but without the commitment and sacrifice. Apparently it happens all the time, and the polyamory/open marriage schtick is just a ruse to delay and soften the eventual divorce.

So your very long and contrived justifications and explanations are wasted on a discerning intellect. The current euphemism is psychobabble. So babble on my friend. I guess living a lie is still a life. But my God, what a sad and empty one. I feel sorry for anyone who takes the lifestyle you are promoting seriously. I hope it works for you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Rate the story, not the ideology

Whether or not you agree with the Polyamorist ideology, the story should be evaluated/rated on its quality as a story.

My problem with the story is that there's not enough conflict. Casting the shrink as the narrator was always going to introduce some distance, but the plot is just one progression, with no interruptions - from a broken relationship to one that's so repaired that it's ecstatic. No false steps or starts, no agonizing emotional issues that the characters can't let go of, three off-page stick figure characters, no other entanglements (what happened to the money crisis subplot?).

There are many stories on this site that cover the same territory but bring you far more deeply into the emotional lives of the characters.

crickettecrickettealmost 9 years ago
A very good read

I enjoyed the concept and the solution the couple worked out with the counselor.

What I did not expect nor agree with was the ending where they invite him to their next meet up. There were no mentions of an attraction during the sessions and I feel the ending could have been different. JMO

NellaBarely2NellaBarely2about 8 years ago
Totally WOW

I can't recall in recent history with this site, have I read a story that evolved into such intense commentary about the subject matter as well as the theme and characters. That has to be one of the best feelings a writer can hope for - to stir up emotions and reader involvement with discussions (unless it's fame and fortune). Kudos, and I'm reading on. I support this author and encourage others to read ... and learn about the world out ... HERE.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Wow, no comments?

The nature of the comments, and your response, is as obvious and predictable as your plots. Hope it works for you and your partner, if you still have one.

RubberuwRubberuwalmost 6 years ago
Nice!

I enjoyed reading this story as Well as the others written by Steve. But reading the comments make me sad.

OmeteotlOmeteotlalmost 5 years ago
Love your stories

Keep up the good work, Steve. Don't let the haters get you down. :)

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

I'm a hater, and I hated this pissy cheating whore attempt at a story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Well written, well thought out

These characters showed a great deal of growth, and maturity. The paragraph at the end, where the therapist is invited, is the only thing really out of place here. It is highly unethical for a therapist to have a sexual relationship with clients. I will just assume that the next line, not written here, has the therapist declining graciously.

@26thNC

I see your messages all over the loving wives subgenre. You hate everything about it, unless women are being abused as a consequence. And yet, you seem to read every single one. Why do you read things you hate?

I know little about you, other than the fact that you seem to live in a fog of eternal hate. I have to assume that you hate and despise yourself as well. Otherwise, why punish yourself by reading things you don’t like and that fill you with rage?

I read stories that I think I might enjoy. Sometimes I don’t and then I leave a negative review if I think the story is poorly written. If I like it, I leave a positive one.

I never read gay stories. That’s because I know I won’t like them, and I don’t want to suffer needlessly. You would probably wonder about my sanity if I continually read gay stories and talked about how much I hate gays.

That is why we are wondering about your sanity. It is only logical to assume that you secretly like the stories and are aroused by them, but consider yourself weak and dirty for enjoying them. And thus you hate yourself.

Get some help.

racfguyracfguyover 2 years ago

Lisa is just a sex-crazed slut that wants to have her cake and eat it too. She even comes on to the therapist. Why be married? Sad.

samsub2022samsub2022about 1 month ago
That was a real new point of view

I mean scientific and academic approach to non monogamy partnership...

And yes.....

It made a lot of questions....

Your thinker man....

I would like read the others

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSteveWallace@SteveWallace
A note on the story Loosening Up: Yes, it has many many characters. A PDF is available upon request listing the characters and placing them in some kind of perspective for the reader. Just email me (see below). Well over 18 ... even 30, hell 40 is way back there, oh hell, o...