All Comments on 'What a Fool Believes'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 266 Comments
Galama88aGalama88aabout 2 years ago

Thanks for the story I hope for some story of reconciliation but always good to read your work

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 years ago

Now he's ok with cheating as long as someone does it not her.

Her daughter is one messed up and hypocritical person being a cheater gets angry with compared with her mom. Maybe her and her mom should get together have a sleep night party and talk and joke about how they cheated. Disgusting females.

/

Blackrandi is a very good writer. I am always excited when I see randi's name.

But this one I gotta say after the first half, I just skimmed over a lot of paragraphs.

I don't even know what happened to Tessa the ex-wife...

Maybe I'll read this again, as a respect to blackrandi1958.

Cringo31Cringo31about 2 years ago

Such a great story. The cheating wife was so wrong but for Dax to find his true love after so many years was incredible. Loved the great dialogue between the father and daughters, that was so well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Thanks great story!

Thanks for another story! In Montana!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

"Harry goes out regardless." OK that was funny.

dc6370dc6370about 2 years ago

Your story was a high hanging curve that you crushed down the left field line...landing 400 feet from home! I love your stories!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

So, did she friend-zone him in childhood, like he claimed initially, or did he always want to ask her out, but it was he that was afraid of ruining their friendship, like he tells her later when she asks why he’s still hanging around? Seems maybe you changed your mind somewhere along the way writing this.

LBLR15LBLR15about 2 years ago

Great story. Well done. As always thank you sharing your talents

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Another great story. I am definitely in the Btb category but I always read yours when you have a new one come out. Keep up the great work 5*

TajfaTajfaabout 2 years ago

There are probably 5 or 6 really, really great writers in this category and you are one of them. This was a well written story that held the attention and had a good ending although I don't know why he waited 3 years to propose.

If I have any issue I suppose there wasn't enough about what happened to the ex wife.

Apart from that a story that deserves and gets a 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One of the best stories i have read BUT why do all the cheating exes think nothing will change because they said they still love their hubbies ?????SO crappy

SunnyU2SunnyU2about 2 years ago

It was ok. Felt more like Romance than Loving Wives.

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77about 2 years ago

Very nice, well written, but I would categorize this as a Romance. The cheating wife part came and went so quickly, and the wife hardly played a role in it. 5 stars, tho...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Simply brilliant as usual thanks Randy.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 2 years ago

In keeping with your baseball/softball analogy at the end, you hit a grand slam with this story. I thought the ending was a bit abrupt, but easily a 5 star effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a beautiful story. I have no idea who would give it less than a five. I guess I do, come to thing of it. The same envious apes that attack Randi in comments all the time. I think they're jealous writers who wish they were her. This is obviously a top story, by any measure, and it's just a shame that after breaking a long dry spell of absolute shite, this isn't one of the top scoring stories of the year.

CagivagurlCagivagurlabout 2 years ago

A great story. Lots of stories within stories, great believable characters. I loved the dialogue, very in your face and real. A wonderful read.

5 stars, I wish I could give more.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensabout 2 years ago

5* A very enjoyable read! Thanks for sharing this.

HargaHargaabout 2 years ago

Great story and well written. Could have been a made for "Lifetime" movie (that's a compliment). Well be going thru some of your other stories when time allows.

Cheers

bigbob2406bigbob2406about 2 years ago

Beautiful story from you as always. Love your work. Thank you very much.

musicman1261musicman1261about 2 years ago

As always another great story.

beachbum1958beachbum1958about 2 years ago
Gave you five stars

Loved this, just like I do all your stories, there's a good storyline, an actual connection between the main protagonists, and none of the angry, vicious bitterness that so many of these LW stories revel in. Well done!

JusteenKJusteenKabout 2 years ago

It's so nice to finish reading a story wearing a smile. Thank you.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 years ago

Great story! Good choice of the story title but I always had a problem understanding the lyrics of the song.

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Love your stories. Thank you.

SouthdownSouthdownabout 2 years ago

Great Story from a great author. You always have my fantasy woman in your stories. Like Jacinta and Dax, I wasn't brave enough to make the right move at the right time and let both of them get away! As it turned out the third time was a charm and my now wife of 48 years followed my back to the UK from where I now live and 'steered' me back to her island. Your stories always remind me of how lucky I have been in my life. Thank You 5**** as always.

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2about 2 years ago

thank you randi for giving us hope that not all men morons

having 2 strong daughters helped ..... lol

i hate when cheaters prosper so your story was a welcome change with the garbage CONTENT seen in most of the stories posted lately ... although a little pain on the ex wife would have been a nice touch lol

5* 1000s of hardons and a very satisfying orgasm

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I've been reading your stories for a while. You were always a great writer, but I see you changing, growing, becoming more mature as a writer. This story started with an explosion, transitioned into a smooth middle section, ramped up the tension toward the end and finished on a high note. Very well done. I loved the character, his close relationship with his daughters, and Jacinta (unusual name), was hot!

012Say012Sayabout 2 years ago

Great story. I am particularly fond of this type of BTB portrayal. I know most would not consider this story in that genre. Yet, the wife throws everything away to become a nonentity in.her exes AND daughters’ lives. Punished by her own deed, but by how much more could she be hurt? The title is not about her but applies to her. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved it👌

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nobody does it better. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is why I come to Loving Wives. Great story.

MightyheartMightyheartabout 2 years ago

Nice story.

I just wish you had kept it restricted to the MC rather than the daughters.

Well written as usual.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story. Small nit … first you said Torrie was a junior, then you said she graduated.

cordialddcordialddabout 2 years ago

You write stories that move so well and are effortless to read. Another good one. Your female characters are intriguing and self-reliant. The interactions following his daughter introducing her girlfriend are quite masterful. I do think his feelings following the wife's sudden moveout were not as well developed as in your prior works; he seems kinda stoic comparatively. Imma figure out whether this vernacular is enjoysble; I do like JimBob44's approach. Thank you once again for sharing your creativity and talent.

WinterbourneWinterbourneabout 2 years ago

“ hit it for grand slam.” Yes you did Randi

GroundrodGroundrodabout 2 years ago

Great read..you should write in Romance.

Keep writing.

RePhilRePhilabout 2 years ago

I can’t find words to describe how good this was so I’ll use some else’s.

You're simply the best

Better than all the rest

Better than anyone

Anyone I ever met (read)

Thanks so much for putting yourself out there time and again with these wonderful escapes from a daily grind

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well written, but the story sort of jumped the tracks. The last third of the story obsessed with the love life of one his daughters (kind of a random detail) and never resolved any of the how, what, when or why of the divorce or its aftermath. Was it ultimately good or tragic he was divorced? How would I know since all these details are hidden?

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 2 years ago

I always look for new stories from Randi. They're well written and plotted. Nice job, as usual. The daughters in her stories remind me of mine.

YouamiYouamiabout 2 years ago

Randi, this was a great tale. I really appreciated your portrayals of the strong female characters (I felt that the wife Tessa was pretty much an incidental character....very much a bit part). Each one of your contributed stories is a case study of how to weave strong plot and characters into a highly readable creation. This tale is no exception. Cheers

demanderdemanderabout 2 years ago

A feel good story. Nice to read, especially here. D

MisterMordinMisterMordinabout 2 years ago

A feel good story, we all need one every once in a while.

It was good to see a father/daughter relationship that was loving on both sides rather than Dad being treated as a mobile ATM.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It was entirely predictable but a decent story. Hate the dialogue, makes it hard to read. Speak like regular people. Yes, I know, you're the great Randi so my comment will mean little or nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thank you Randi, loved finding a new tale as well as the read. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

CagivagurlCagivagurlabout 2 years ago

For readers and fans, if you enjoyed this story then do not forget that there is an invitational event coming up.

"The "Money Honey" St. Patrick's Day event is a month away.

If you would like to read more from this fabulous writer, set a reminder in your calendar.

SithLord6969SithLord6969about 2 years ago

Nice, sweet, tale. A sold 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Got a little windy and long . As for Grammer and punctuation, I went to a government school where I sucked as a student , So I guess yours was very good. It was easy to read and follow , I seen others speak highly of you . I will say this. I challenge you to come up with a original how a husband found out story, and to get you out of your comfort zone . Try to write it as a btb in an original way. I sure would like to read what your imagination can come up with, you have a lot of support from other authors.

GarySmith69GarySmith69about 2 years ago

Nice story. I like the stories where the good guys win. Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story, I loved reading it. Thanks.

Bh76Bh76about 2 years ago

Great story. The Campbell curveball was a good twist.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well done. Forget the grammar nazis, a good story is a good story. Having gone through hell myself and come out the the side I am convinced that living well is the best revenge. Also, Karma is real and it’s a bitch if you’re on the wrong side. So forget those that detract, do not pay attention to either the RAAC or BTB crowds.

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadabout 2 years ago

Noice. It was very Hallmark but with your signature. 5 stars.

goodshoes2goodshoes2about 2 years ago

5 stars. Seemed to me as close to real life one can get on Literotica (or any other short story type of publication). There was no BTB, murder and mayhem. The characters were real. Great job. Changing my 5 stars rating to 5 +++++ stars.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 2 years ago

It started off really well, with the wife catching them all by surprise moving out unannounced. Unfortunately, the story lost focus after that.

The divorce was anticlimactic and the wife just drifted along in the background, making no real attempt to heal her relationship with the ex or her daughters. After her life with Chuck fell apart, I was expecting her to make a reconciliation play for the ex-husband, but she did nothing except act shocked when he moved on.

-

You are great at writing charming, loyal daughters, and the way they stood by their father made me like them immediately. However, Talitha surprising her father by coming out like that wasn't cool, especially as she was dating a man-hating lesbian. The Dad actually reacted remarkably well given the circumstances, but then the toxic girlfriend giving him shit was totally undeserved.

-

I also liked Jacinta... to start with. The fact is that "once a cheater, always a cheater" is true 9 times out of 10, and Campbell's history was a massive red flag, as was her aggressive and threatening behaviour. Domestic violence in lesbian relationships is higher than any other demographic, and in those circumstances, I would've encouraged my daughter to dump the volatile girlfriend asap.

Jacinta had no business lecturing him about protecting his daughters (and they are not hers!), especially when he was right!

-

Sadly, this was not up to your usual high standards.

Obligatory 4* for not reconciling with the cheating wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"If you are one of the "I woulda murdered everyone" sort, you should click the "back" button". Um can we write a sequel where everyone is murdered? Start a new category, Loving Wives Murderfest.

sloggersloggerabout 2 years ago

Imma???? Secondly, what happened to the ex?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Was really a romance story.

Cracker270Cracker270about 2 years ago

Still the best. What a delightful, well told story. Loved the murder of crows. By the way. Just what in hell does “ Yeet” mean?

COYSCOYSabout 2 years ago

Really Good

Thank you for another good one

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I just want to say "thank you"! That was a really good one and I gave 5*.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 2 years ago

Quite a compelling cast of Amazon Princesses to buoy up the ‘fool’. We all (clueless men collectively) should be so blessed. You always create the coolest female characters. A nice reprieve from the ridiculously caricatured antagonistic women too often depicted in LW stories

.

Tarawa? Who knew? I googled it - what a surprise! Last I heard about it was the infamous bloody battle of WWII.

.

A rare and wonderful treat from BR58. Thank you much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

5* - really enjoyed it. Interesting characters and situations.

Almost took off for the use of 'hella' :)

Question: do men use phrases like "it was a little off-the-shoulder brown number"? I don't, but wondered if others do.

BleeckeBleeckeabout 2 years ago

Another good read

dunmovynivdunmovynivabout 2 years ago

Ok. Well, not what I expected. You have an entirely different interpretation of the song than I. But I can see how. Didn’t care for the ending much. I thought the story carried out too far. Didn’t see the gay daughter coming. It felt like it was glued on at the end as an afterthought. 4 stars

Turning502019Turning502019about 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story but would have liked a paragraph or two about why the love she left her marriage for only lasted about 6 months.

steven857steven857about 2 years ago

This story was not what I expected, reading the story Tessa just did not seem real, she felt more like a card board cut out. I really like reading the stories you post and normally your characters all seems real. Tessa Just did not seem like a real person. Talitha coming out as Bi Sexual would have been a very serious blow to Dax.

Not because she is Bi Sexual but rather Talitha trusted everyone in her life with that information except her father at least for me that would have been a crushing blow. Talley leaving Dax like she did toward the end of the story I feel would have end that relationship at the very least there needed to be some serious talking, Walking out on a relationship is a very serious thing to do, yes a little time to cool off can be important but just flying away show a serious lack of commitment.

With that in mind I felt the story was still 4 stars, I far better than I could ever do

ArediaArediaabout 2 years ago

Great story - it made my day. :) Thank-you!

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 2 years ago

I didn't feel loving wife as I read this. More romance than anything. Her affair and it's part in the story was minor. It was just a sweet story about love between a dad and his daughters.

GamblnluckGamblnluckabout 2 years ago

Great story. A life well lived. 5 stars

calichepitcalichepitabout 2 years ago

I immediately gave it a five and selected it as a favorite before reading as soon as I came to the comment in the introduction that “Harry goes out regardless”.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Well done

I wish you would have continued a bit more. I really enjoyed it. Thank you!

jflindersjflindersabout 2 years ago

The story changes as it goes. On page 1 it was Torrie, not Talitha, that called Dax she arrived at the house to find her mother moving. Talitha was the last of the family to find out, listening to the story recorded by her sister and still needing to speak to her mother to. By the end of the story people were saying it was Talitha that had discovered what was happening.

If that was deliberate and based on Talitha getting the admission of infidelity, I still don't agree with the way it was worded. The discussion between Dax and Tessa when he arrived home while she was moving made it clear that there was no doubt in Dax's mind that his wife was banging her new guy.

RetiredsleeveRetiredsleeveabout 2 years ago

Liked this a lot. Hoping for a Chap 2

irinmikeirinmikeabout 2 years ago

I am a sucker for this type of story. I would have liked to have seen a bit more dialogue involving Dax’s first wife before the total disconnect. As a white Florida Gator fan, I had a hard time accepting his daughter’s girlfriend from FSU. At first I felt it was unnecessary to paint the girlfriend as a hard core softball lesbian. However, she grew on me as chapter 5 concluded. Well done and I know you are literotica famous but I only found one writing miscue. Obviously I enjoyed your story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved it, wish it was longer. 5*

Kurt_044Kurt_044about 2 years ago

This seams more romance than LW but it could work in either one. This is definitely not a BTB story but it works as a DTB ( ditch the B) story with a lot of romance. I give it a four and a half stars. I think the girls overreacted when he expressed concern about the new girlfriend having cheated but that may just be because I’m a dumb man.

6ulprsn6ulprsnabout 2 years ago

OMG you are a wonderful story teller. Thank you.

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 2 years ago

Randi, I would never complain about your support team, I've used them myself over the years. But...

It came in the form of a call from Torrie. "Dad, what's going on?" she asked.

I told Talitha I was worried about her, especially with Campbell. "You know how devastating it was when your mom cheated," I told her.

She flared up at me. "Yes, I do. I'm the one who told you, remember? So you think that because Mom's like she is, Campbell is going to be like that? Damn, Dad, that pisses me off, so bad."

So was it Torrie or Tally that told him about Tessa?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent story and well written. Thank you so much!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Goddamn! Just when I think blackrandI1958 can't get any better, she goes and tops herself again! Where to start? How about at the very end, with a last sentence worthy of the best of carvohi last sentences (e.g., "Once Upon A Time In Emmitsburg," "A Simple Case Of Infidelity"). I mean, I figured it would be a 5; after all, it's BR58. And so going in, decided I'd pluck a page from sbrooks103x and make notes as I read along. That worked OK for most of the first page, where I noted the following things. First, that I was pleased to see GeorgeAnderson mentioned in the intro credits. Since so many of the recent FSalt writers noted that he (she? - only if GA is pulling a George Sand) didn't respond to their requests for permission to play with his story, I was concerned that he had left the site. Glad to see he's still around. Next, I LOL'd at "Harry goes out, regardless" (I assume that's Harry in VA). Then into the story itself, was very excited to see it begin with baseball. Whooeeee! And though it moved off the plate quickly into other things, the metaphor of course remained throughout, right to that beautiful last sentence. Next note was how much I enjoy BR's slang ("Imma record this on my phone" as first example here). Then stopped writing down all the other cool slang stuff. Except for "douche-canoe" which is probably just great writing (though it could be cutting edge slang - I'm not particular up to date). Anyway, after that I stopped making notes because I was getting sucked into the story, and finally noted somewhere in the middle of page 2 that I'd stopped paying attention to particulars in favor of just letting the river take me. But I did have to make a note of the first eye-watering moment, which is on page 3 when Dax whispers "What A Fool Believes" to Jacinta, and they reveal to each other. And that wasn't the last such moment. After all, this is Randi. Must admit I was worried that things seemed so resolved on page 3, knowing damn well there were 6 pages (though turned out to actually be 5 full pages plus a fraction). Something had to go wrong. Sure hoped it wasn't Jacinta cheating. Masterful how the author lobbed curve balls to keep things going, but not that one. And the depth of cheating becoming an issue because of Campbell, and how that gets resolved, albeit after it does throw a monkey wrench into the Jacinta and Dax lovefest, it's just great. Goddamn she's good! 5 is faint praise.

dwoelfledwoelfleabout 2 years ago

You do wonderful stories. Thank you.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyabout 2 years ago

A great LW story to end the week. Thanks Randi. 5* from me.

BlakkdannBlakkdannabout 2 years ago

I loved it. But I have to say that he does not seem well adjusted to the fact that his two lovely daughters are now adults. He tends to baby them with pet names - most young women would resent that. And I speak from experience, having two daughters at the 40 age mark.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You sure can spin a tale

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 2 years ago

What can I say? You are one of the best writers I've ever had the pleasure to run across. This is also a realistic story about what can happen in a marriage when cheating happens. No real revenge, other than living life as best as possible and eliminating the bad people from your life. If Tessa feels left out now, its only going to get worse; especially when grandchildren arrive. I think the girls will tell her "Be nice or be left out", and it might get to the point where Tessa only has their phone # and an email address. I think when the girls move they will not inform dear old Mom where they moved to? Why would they when they have each other, Dad, and Jacinta?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I loved it. Dont leave us hanging. Plenty of room for follow ups. Great characters. Great story!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

I had the honor and the pleasure of doing an early read on this, so I'm obviously biased, but this is outstanding. It usually takes me a little while to a read on longish stories, but I could barely put this down, finished in something like two sessions over one day. Five HUGE stars.

MigbirdMigbirdabout 2 years ago

So many of your stories resonate because of the wonderfully believable characters you create. In this story, one might wonder about the ex-wife’s emotional state of mind, which I suppose some authors might explore, but doing so would be an unnecessary distraction; she is clearly not integral to the storyline. I also enjoy the way dialogue moves the storyline and enriches the characters. When you introduced this story, you commented about comments, which are often an unfortunate side effect of stories posted in the LW category, and I recall that you took some heat for “You Can Go Home Again”, one of your very early pieces. For me that piece remains one of your finest — just saying.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

4/5 took a point off for him not being allowed to have feeling and concerns about cheating.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 2 years ago

Eventually you'll write a crappy story and I'll call you on it. Of course, I believe in the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny too. 5* Great story with interesting, strong characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good one with more than a few curves.

KRD19254KRD19254about 2 years ago

If there is a complaint it would be the timeline - was drug out way to far, 'another 3yrs before he asks her the big question?!?' By then I'd expect Tally and Torrie would have been hitched and grandkids on the way. And what happen with Tessa?

/

A slight miss was how Tally's Reality business was fairing and what part Peach was playing in mentoring her to success?

Did Torrie get her PhD? How is she using her PhD? Any marriage/kids coming? Is Tessa being a meddler? [These were integral points in the story then fizzled into oblivion.]

/

The story seemed to jump in time with no/little indication as it happened.

/

4.5*, Hooyah, salutes....

GrimmerGrimmerabout 2 years ago

Liked the tale. The characters we pretty good too.

Still, as I read this tale, twice now, I felt like there were pieces missing. Places where an event occurred and left me going “huh?”. The biggest “miss?” For me was the wife. She started out being the big bad character then quickly became superfluous at best.

Still a decent read. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A very good and well told story. The only weakness is the total lack of detail on Tessa and her inexplicable behavior. A long and apparently happy marriage breaks up just like that? He has no hint of trouble, no forewarning? And we don’t get much sense of his reaction. There’s just a big gap there.

But, again, this is overall an easy five star success.

cknthisoutcknthisoutabout 2 years ago

I really enjoyed the story. Was nice to see one where the man was one that moved on and found himself a better life and wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great. Would have liked to hear a bit more of how great life was for Tessa with limited time with her disinterested children and having created a hostile, toxic environment with her former husband.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

tend this as criticism but your use of "Imma" is that part of a local dialect? I understand how you are using it. The only other referenceI can relate to is a Black-eyed Peas song.

mainer42mainer42about 2 years ago

love the flow of your writing and your command of the story. no nitpicking here as always 4****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Douche canoe. Trying to imagine that and failing miserably.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...

SIMILAR Stories