All Comments on 'What About Brian?'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 165 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Life is good. I do prefer 'Happy endings.'

I do to DG :)

Metzov

DG HearDG Hearabout 18 years agoAuthor
Note fro author: please read!!!

I wrote this story and wanted a happy ending. I decided to give alternate ending and let the readers pick their choice. Therfore What is your preference if only one ending existed?

Two things I might mention: If you pick alt #1, remember he didn't know about possibly buying the pills ahead of time.

Also it Alt #3 the accident where he dreamed happened when he went to pick up the wine. I should have been more explecit on that point. Sorry

If I get a number of feedback I will post their choices leaving out their e-mail addresses for privacy reasons.

As always thanks for reading my stories and taking the time to comment.

Your author

DG Hear

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Double endings

A story really loses something when there are double endings. This one is no exception.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Happy Endings?

I think you prefer "Fantasy Endings" if the last one is your choice.

The ending in which he finally dumped her was the most realistic because he knew by then that everything had been deliberate and permeditated. I also liked that you differentiated between mistakes and choices. She chose to cuckold him and did it all night with two guys. How pitiful for someone to do that to a person they say they love, and then come home and say, "I'm sorry. It will never happen again!" and expect forgiveness. Actions like that are evidence of sick minds.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
hmmm...

well, realistically, i'd have to go with #2, because human emotion usually outweighs any other factor. does that mean i liked it the best? no. the romantic in me liked the first choice -- where he was able to put it all aside, and they lived 'happily ever after.' yet it's far from realistic, especially in today's world.

the 3rd option was a bit too fantastical for me - that he'd dreamed it all up -- altho it would be nice to be able to dream the nightmares away, lol.

i don't understand why she would have happily gone on this trip, having bought the pills beforehand. if their marriage was so secure, you'd think she would have gone just for fun, made the mistake, then bought the pills as soon as she got home -- or maybe darla already had them, since she'd screwed up with dan.

i guess a combination of #2 and #3 would work best for me -- where he blows up (understandably), but they manage to fix it, making their marriage work in spite of it all. it would take a lot of work, and a lot of trust, and a lot of having already had such a strong base... but i guess that would be my choice.

thanks for giving us readers the opp to choose, DG.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Like your story

Taint no way that # 3 would happen but I agree; I like happy endings. Your story as usual was excellent.

FireFox59FireFox59about 18 years ago
Double Endings

DG, I usually hate multiple ends but you've done a great jobs with this one. Thanks!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
gerfer happy endings too

but I could not say which ending I would take if it happened to me. I like the way Grey Eagle 286 requires medical tests amd minimum contract for 30 days regardless. Morning after pill may kill any chance for a kid, but they do nothing for disease.

Plesae keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Well Written and Good Endings...

The story is just about another cheating slut of a wife who blames everything on everyone. Yes, she was the one who wanted to go to Las Vegas. She was the one that wanted to get fucked. She was the one that got the morning pills before getting fucked so she was wanting some strange cock. Once she got it, she was depressed, by not too depressed to keep it a secret from her loving husband. There should be no secrets in a marriage and she not only commited adultry, but she lost the respect from her husband by not telling him. She had 3 days to bare her soul and she did nothing but feel sorry for herself.

I will have to say that Ending #2 best relates to the story since she wanted to keep it a secret between her sister and herself. Secrets, like lyes, always surface and the aftermath is so much worse. If she would have told her husband the day she returned, it might not have been such a low blow when the truth finally came out.

If you are married: trust, romance, loving friendship, understanding, compassion and so many other things make up a marriage. If you break one of these, then there is no marriage. If you cheat, once a cheater, always a cheater and no marriage.

I speak from the heart on this and I know first hand how and when a spouse can be hurt and their marriage ruined.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
I'll take 1

I really don't like the multiple endings either ... make the ending happy or sad or fantastic, but just write it well and let the reader gripe or cheer.

I think the first ending, while short and a bit abrupt, was the most realistic. You built the characters up so much to be madly in love, that to have the main character's wife cheat is explainable only by her being under the influence of something. Humans are fallible and not perfect, and people do make mistakes. You can have your characters argue semantics, but the wife's remorseful behaviour before the alternate endings clearly showed she was sorry for what happened. While her behaviour was very sad, it is forgivable ... and to forgive is devine according to the lessons I learned in the church I attend.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Mixed feelings

I think you should have added at least one more page to the story. I know it’s difficult to smoothly switch the POV (point of view) in a story but it would have been helpful to know what Barb’s thoughts were. It would have been nice to listen to the conversation between Barb and her sister when they were planning the trip. Did they discuss or plan on the possibility of a fling before they went? Did they actually buy the morning after pills before they went? If I remember right, they are sold by proscription only. Did the sister tell Barb that she planned to find a lover and get even for her husbands cheating? If so, how did Barb feel about this? Or, did Barb leave with the intention of having a good time and just enjoying the sights and sounds of Vegas? Did she have too much to drink and get caught up in the heat of the moment? Did the sister plan it out in advance or did she suddenly decide to take advantage of the opportunity when they got to Vegas? We can use our imagination and make a good guess at some of these questions but we don’t really know for sure. The conversation on the recorder doesn’t give enough details.

Ending one is a little hard to believe. Would a normal man really overlook the fact that his wife intentionally cheated on him and not say or do something about it? Even if he did keep her and they lived happily ever after, I think he would at least confront her and let her know if she ever did anything like that again she would be finding somewhere else to live.

Ending two fits if the whole thing was preplanned. I suppose if she was truly repentant, they might have a chance at reconciliation but it would take a lot of forgiveness on his part. The fact that he divorced her and moved on with his life seems more likely.

Ending three is questionable. If he had never suspected or worried that his wife would ever cheat on him, then what is the basis for the dream? From what we know about the relationship, he has never worried about his wife misbehaving in any way. A picture of the perfect marriage is painted. Since he has never worried about the fidelity of his wife, it would be out of character for him to dream about her blatantly cheating on him. Due to the perfect picture, it would be out of character for her to plan on intentionally cheating and risk destroying her marriage.

If we believe the limited conversation on the recorder, then they didn’t go to Vegas intending to find a strange man and get laid. They simply went out partying, had way too much to drink, and things went too far. The sister rationalized it as getting even for her husband’s infidelity. Barb, on the other hand, blames it on too much to drink and stupidity. It appears that the morning after pills really were purchased on the morning after. According to the recorded conversation, she does seem truly remorseful and repentant. She vows that something like this will never happen again. Under these circumstances, the marriage has a chance of survival. She does have to confess, preferably before he confronts her. It would take a lot of work on her part and a lot of forgiveness on his part but continuing the marriage is possible.

Yes, I am one of those that like happy endings. However, the planned infidelity on a faithful partner is a pretty deep hole to dig out of. Getting drunk and caught up in the heat of the moment isn’t quite as deep of a hole for the character to recover from. So, which is it? Do we believe the recorder or do we believe what he thinks happened?

As an afterthought, was this a ‘canned’ conversation between Barb and her sister because Barb knew the recorder was on and her husband would listen to it? Did she realize she couldn’t hide what happened in Vegas and use the recorder in an attempt to cover up her treachery?

Damn-it all to hell, DG! You’ve written a very good story that’s kept me occupied for a couple of hours trying to analyze it. Thank you.

DG HearDG Hearabout 18 years agoAuthor
feedback for DG Hear

message contains feedback for: DG Hear

About the submission: What About Brian?

This feedback was sent by: Anonymous

Comments:

number 2 for me if its real... number 3 dont count because its a dream

DG HearDG Hearabout 18 years agoAuthor
feedback for DG Hear

message contains feedback for: DG Hear

About the submission: What About Brian?

This feedback was sent by: Anonymous

Comments:

number 2 for me if its real... number 3 dont count because its a dream

DG HearDG Hearabout 18 years agoAuthor
another feedback

I mentioned I would let you read the feedbacks. Here's another opinion.

This message contains feedback for: DG Hear

About the submission: What About Brian?

This feedback was sent by: Anonymous

Comments:

I thought all of the endings were good. Emotionally, I preferred the last one but it was also the least credible.

DG HearDG Hearabout 18 years agoAuthor
more feedback

This message contains feedback for: DG Hear

About the submission: What About Brian?

This feedback was sent by: Anonymous

Comments:

The first ending fit the plot better than the last one. The last ending was a little far fetched. Cheers Roger.

DG HearDG Hearabout 18 years agoAuthor
name removed for privicy

This message contains feedback for: DG Hear

About the submission: What About Brian?

This feedback was sent by:

Comments:

Your endings are all realistic. I liked them all.

As usual, you have given us a well told tale. Thank You!

The NavigatorThe Navigatorabout 18 years ago
Interesting but ...

Barb's conduct at Vegas didn't square with the way you had originally developed her persona. There was no way I could see her acting that way.

None of the alternative endings mentioned a worry about STDs. That would have been my first concern, had I been the husband. And if Barb was really contrite, worrying about STD would have been driving her crazy.

Having multiple endings, none of which were without logical problems, was far below your usually high standard of story telling.

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
A credible story line, but not much for alt ending

I guess everyone has brought up most things to ponder.

The real sticking point is did she buy the morning after pill before hand as this changes the whole story line. The thought of STD is a real thing not gone over.

You did a great job of giving three endings as I’m like many and detest alternate endings.

If he knew of the pill being bought before hand #1 ending is a fiction. In #1’s the case is living with a secret till death bed confessions, and that’s a hell of a conversation as you say goodbye to the love of your life for either one. Wife wonders how you could be so cruel as to not face her with your knowledge and work it out. Secrets of this magnitude in a marriage leave everyone on eternal disbelief. That’s not a loving marriage but a time bomb of mistrust and suspicion. Thoughts go unspoken and love is slowly drained by growing contempt and wondering why and was it better and how do I know it won’t happen again. What other secrets has she hidden from me? No way a love can flourish this way no matter how sincere the effort.

#2 ending is a self-esteem, ego and self-destructive ending. This story line has him not giving any thought to anything but his own awful pain, and he doesn’t want to do anything but live with that pain. This would require at least the effort of therapy and then a decision of what he could live with. Her past and why now would have to be believed by the husband for any kind of reconciliation. His self-esteem would have to be built back and that might not go with staying with her and reliving his nightmares of her. Some men and women can accept more then others. Forgiveness can be easy it’s what the mind holds deep, that’s the real hard part. Lastly true love can be saved by a lot of hard work and truth to the tenth degree, without honesty there is no true love.

#3 ending is too far out there for me to accept. It is a nice ending but I don’t give it credibility in my mind. It’s all too much “Dallas” and convenient for me.

I would take number 2 and at least have the husband get away from her and try and get himself some help before making his final decision. Wallowing in self-pity and looking at her each day is not going to help him make a rational decision of what he can live with or want. She needs to be alone with her thoughts and get help to. Playing the “I’ll do anything to keep you” in front of him isn’t helping anyone.

Very good writing and a story worth reading and commenting on.

Thank you

DG HearDG Hearabout 18 years agoAuthor
comments about story

About the submission: What About Brian?

This feedback was sent by: Anonymous

Comments:

Thank you for wonderful story. I would vote for ending 1 or 3. I am also a reader who is a sucker for happy endings.

note from dg hear: That is why each ending changes the story. That was the whole idea. When we make decisions in life we don't always have all the facts, it would be nice if we did. Sometimes you have to go with what you know. That's why each endings evolves into a different story.

Just thought it would be something different for the readers.

Thank you for your comments. Check back and see what your fellow readers have to say.

DG Hear

LutherTLutherTabout 18 years ago
Happy Ending?

I'm not wild about any of your endings. I'm a sucker for romance and a happy ending, too, but none of your ending really match the rest of the story - he DID hear the phone message. So ending #3 doesn't work. The other endings don't work either. Would have been better to have had Barb save her sister from what she did, rather than descending into the same abyss. The other issue you did not address is STDs. If I found my signicant other had cheated, the first place I would head would be for a STD test, with follow-ups for months thereafter. Pregnancy is the least of the issues in this day and age.

louguy35louguy35about 18 years ago
LutherT had it about right...

The telephone conversation, the purchase of the morning after pills ahead of time, and the unprobable dream scene, all conspire to make the divorce option the only realistic one. And LutherT nailed it with his comments about STD's. The women obviously really cared nothing about their husbands because they willingly subjected them to whatever they might have picked up in Vegas, the city dedicated to destroying marriages.

Just like, in real life, the bachelorette babes who fuck some strippers or strangers at their wild last fling party, and then go home to express their undying love to their fiances. (More like dying love). These women surely care a lot for their men, don't they?

Cheers! Or as Gene Autry used to sing, "Happy STD's to You"!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Very good

As one other mentioned he heard a phone message. Maybe in a dream state he heard the message. Or maybe he heard his wifes sister explaining what went on while he was still uncon. What ever the case I enjoyed your story and like the last ending the best. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
number 1 sucks

number 2 is about right ... and i agree 3 dont count it is a dream

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
I Both Love and Hate...

these multiple endings. I do thank you for considering your readers by providing these choices. Here goes...

Ending #1 - Of all the endings it struck me as the most fantasy based primarily because of the way the story was set up. The family was trying to recover from Dan's recent infidelity and then the wives go fucking around in Las Vegas. I believe it was Brian who said

Quote

I told her, "Darla, he really loves you and the kids. He made a mistake and is admitting it. Do you really want to end your marriage because of that one time?"

Darla was crying saying she still loved him but didn't know what to do. That's when I told her, if it was her pride, not to let it kill their marriage. If she no longer loved him, then let it go.

End Quote

Now Brian is in Darla's shoes. Unless he deals honestly with Barb how have this true family life of love that he described in the begining of the story? How can he resolve this rift with Barb when he first sensed something wrong?

Every time they were separated he had to wonder what she was doing and with who. No- Brian's character was inconsistent with the "don't ask, don't tell" resolution in this ending.

Ending 3 - Shades of the "Dallas"(TV Show) where the entire season vanished because Bobbie had it as a daydream! Although it turned out to result in a happy ending the ending changes the story completely. If he dreamed this crisis then the solution did not involve him making choices. He only had to wake up!

Ending 2 - This ending was my choice because it was the closest to reality. I thought that he tried harder in Ending#3 to resolve matters with his wife but this not talking to her was stupid. What was the point in being in the house if they were not going to work things out? Although her buying the pills needed an explanation (Her best response was that she knew Darla was going to fuck someone in Las Vegas and she wanted to protect her i.e., Darla was not thinking straight) if Brian believed what he told Darla (see above quote) then he should give Barb another chance.

Once again an excellent story!

SleeplessinMD

DG HearDG Hearabout 18 years agoAuthor
Feedback comment

About the submission: What About Brian?

This feedback was sent by: Anonymous

Comments:

DG thanks for the 3 endings the only one to use is # 2

DG HearDG Hearabout 18 years agoAuthor
Interesting feedback

About the submission: What About Brian?

This feedback was sent by: Anonymous

Comments:

Another alternative is based upon what happened to a close friend. He found out about an event very similiar involving his wife, very shortly thereafter; went to her and held her and while he held her he told her (1) he loved her (2) he did not want a divorce (3) he was hurt and (4) they needed to go to counseling so he could understand what happened, she could understand how it hurt him, and to prevent him from trying to get revenge. That was about 20 years ago for them and they are still married.

For those wondering why I have to use my name is because anonymous can only be used once. I'm trying to let you see what the feedback people think also

DG Hear

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 18 years ago
Good

very good story loved getting to pick my ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Whats the vote count?

DG:

Selecting choice #1, #2, or #3 is a bit like sticking your naked ass in a no. 10 wash tub full of rattlesnakes: The first one to bite your ass is the one you select. Choice #1 depends on the mental fiber of Barb and Brian. They both have to realize that their small children will be affected by any decision made. If they're going to stay together the two of them are going to have to suck it up and somehow figure a way to make it work. Choice #2 ended the way it did because he is playing the "pity me card," and she's working the,"It was just sex card." That's two locomotives heading towards each other on the same track. Choice #3 seems like it fits right between, "Once upon a time . .," " . . And they lived happily ever after." If I have to make a choice I go with #3 because this Horny 'ol Sailor loves happy endings and I'm also gullible. Whats the tally? Good story. Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
No I won't chose

DG,

I like your stories; however, won't select from multichoice endings. It did raise a smile though for I know, like many of us, the ending is the most agonising part about writing a story. Sorry but you should suffer along with the rest of us...LOL

My very best regards.

DG HearDG Hearabout 18 years agoAuthor
another feedback

As you can see the feedback is pretty heavy on this. Most choosing Alt #2, But the romantics that like happy endings are going for #3.

This message contains feedback for: DG Hear

About the submission: What About Brian?

This feedback was sent by: Anonymous

Comments:

I have to say I prefer the 3rd ending. What can I say I'm a romantic!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Pick your poison

I love your writing DG. I and really enjoyed the alternative endings. The ending seems to be the chief complaint in comments and you took care of that with letting us all choose. That's a nice device. Thanks so much for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Number 1

I opt for number 1, only because I like happy endings. I do , however, have to complain that I am a little tired of stories about loving wives, who go to Las Vegas with single and divorced girl friends and get drunk causing them to fall into bed with lecherous guys. Even excellent writers like DG use this tired cliche. Please find a new town or a wife that is not brain dead.Thanks for all your excellent stories though outside Las Vegas. the Ct. Yankee

DG HearDG Hearabout 18 years agoAuthor
feedback comment

This message contains feedback for: DG Hear

About the submission: What About Brian?

This feedback was sent by: Anonymous

Comments:

Excellent story. Alternative ending 3 is a must for me. Look forward to many more like that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Door # 1, please

Good story. I prefer ending #1 because the family stays together and everyone winds up happily ever after (and he winds up well screwed). Ending #3 with the mind-thing kind of threw me -- too much time passed between the Vegas trip and the accident, but whatever. I probably would have voted for a "he puts her through sexual hell and she takes it because she loves him and doesn't want to lose him and one day he finally sees in her eyes how much of an idiot he's been and gets all this behind them" sort of ending more than #1, but that's prob just because that's where my tastes in stories runs.

Any of them work, but I do prefer the happy ending.

How come when she came in snippy ("grow up") and he snapped back, didn't she just wilt like a flower to keep the status quo? Unless she was willing to run the risk of him having the exact reaction he did. She didn't think this through (Then again, yes, it's a story, I know...) That's the only part that didn't seem real. But plasible for sure. Good job!

DG HearDG Hearabout 18 years agoAuthor
Dear DG

Dear DG,

I agree with you with regard to happy endings being

better. However, in this case you introduced a point

of fact that, in my opinion, negates any attempts at

one. That point of fact is the purchase of the

'morning after' pill BEFORE the morning after.

If we assume that the facts as you presented them are

true then Barbara was, as Brian accused her, guilty of

premeditation. Once that fact has been established

all the crying, wailing and gnashing of teeth about

the situation being a "mistake" is nothing but a lie

and only meant to elicit sympathy. While I can see

Darla wanting to get revenge on Dan, I don't agree

with it but I can understand it, I can see no

motivation for Barb to go along with it. Darla had to

convice Barb the day of the incident that cheating on

her husband was going to be a good thing! If Barb was

as happily married as she and Brian claim how could

she be talked into this so easily, especially when she

saw what cheating had done to Darla's marriage?

Based on the "facts" as you presented them I have to

cast my vote for alternate ending #2 as the punishment

certainly fits the crime. I do have one comment

though. Why is it that the innocent husband always

leaves the house? If my name was on that mortgage

there would be no way I'd be leaving it if I had done

nothing wrong. Barb should have been asked to leave

and go live with her cheating sister Darla, leaving

Brian with the children.

As always, thanks for the story, you always make your

readers think and while I may not agree with your take

on a subject I always respect your opinion.

Ray

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
All the 100 ratings top story

With all the 100 ratings be applied on comments this aught to be up there with the top rated stories of all time.

PEATBOGPEATBOGabout 18 years ago
Another great story !!

Again a gem of a tale and I really enjoyed the alternative endings. Lack of an acceptable ending seems to be the major complaint in comments but you took care of that by letting us choose. Very clever indeed! I have to say I that really preferred the 3rd ending. I have no excuses I'm simply a romantic and I do prefer 'Happy endings’. Well done DG, again full marks. Keep them cumming! Pete.

sherlock40sherlock40about 18 years ago
Usually I like your stories but you had the X-file

ending for one of the choices. And it wasn't number 3. It was the number 1 choice. She deliberately chose to fuck someone else. She prepared for it and made her own decision. I think the most realistic ending was the number 2 ending and the happiest was the number 3. At least in that one she didn't actually make a "mistake."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Write one ending or suffer

These multiple endings are a bunch of bullshit.

Also, voting for yourself on all the reposted comments is bullshit.

What happened to the real DG Hear? The one who actually wrote a complete story and posted it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Bullshit

You rarely write a bad story but you have done so this time. #2 is the proper ending. I get so tired of writers, and readers, that prefer "Happing Endings" because they don't have the balls to live in the real world. How many others has she screwed? How can he ever trust her again? Has she ever heard of HIV? Is he willing to be a cuck wimp to a cheating slut wife? Does he want this whore for a wife and mother of his children? Are they his children? He knows that she has cheated once. Does he expect her to be faithful from now on? Maybe it's okay to cheat as long as it's in Nevada. I for one don't think so.

I have read, and enjoyed, most of your stories. I look forward to your next submission.

By the way, thanks for writing this story and all the others too.

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 18 years ago
If you go with your guts we'll deal with the story

Sharing the spirit of some fellow reader, I too felt uncomfortable, but not with the principle of alternative endings, but with what was done with it here. The artistic device of parallel narratives (be it just endings or not), is quite familiar (and intriguing), both from film and from literature. In my opinion it is a challenging format, and In order for it to work well you write as if you compose a symphonic piece, the various instruments would depart at times from the main theme, yet maintain a cohesive harmony.

As others pointed out, it did not work quite so well here. Both the first and the second endings follow a common path, which seems to confuse fiction with some other type of text. It could be very well religiously or morally inspired, I am not worried about the semantics. What bothers me is the fact that they both share a hurried didactic feel, which can’t wait for the lesson or the outcome or the moral to be spelled out for us.

Quick reference on the third ending. The “it was all a dream – yet…” may seem like a good way to square the circle, but essentially you circumvent any conflict worthy substance. As the husband is still confused by the strange accuracy of his dream (albeit with another character), we are left with the third, most confusing embryonic story.

My call to the writer is as follows: choose to forgive; choose not to forgive, but first and most importantly, let us understand the WHY and the HOW of it all. It should be based on building the characters foundation and developing them as they interact with each other, in other words - the bread and butter of the writer’s work. As you hinted, your heart was pulling you in one direction. Your task was to convince us with your heart convictions, not the other way around…

I am afraid that as part of the unintended consequences of your experiment, the energy that should have been invested in building up your case towards where your heart was set all along, got defused in the build up of three parallel vignettes. Each of them might have had the potential to be a good story had you put yourself to that task. Yet, as they stand, each alone and together, they do not provide the sufficient “moola” or literary meat to be convincing. It feels like offering us three half built houses in the middle of the winter…

Tongue in cheek aside, I have no idea why a loving wife would turn on her husband the way your character had in the story. Every human story has its own inner story behind it. Any tautological justification as the common: ‘because it’s just a story’ (therefore, I assume, anything goes) should be considered an insult to any writer who respects him/her self. Surely they would not want to hide behind such an empty waiver. Good story should tell us more than “we are all fallible” or “it’s a virtue to forgive”. For that purpose I have my church, or if I am so inclined my ethics books. This is a story; it has to come from the particular details of the characters not from philosophy or theology. If it means more old style work on the writer’s part as in the true foot work of a writer, like more attention to the details of the plot and less endings so be it. I have no Iota of a doubt that this writer is very capable of doing just that, there is his track record to prove it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Too many endings

If you want to have a story that comes out different ways post it as individual stories with a little paragraph about the other versions. The story itself filled half of one page, then the endings filled the rest of the first page, the entire second page, and spilled onto a third page, that's ridiculous.

Oh, and he should have smashed the bitch in the face with a frying pan and walked out of the house as soon as he found out.

MSquaredMSquaredalmost 18 years ago
It always cracks me up

when I read the comments on some of your stories, DG. There are always a few people who are ticked off at you when the characters in your stories don't make the choices these people decide are the "right" choices. "The only choice when someone cheats is to kick their ass to the curb" seems to be the most common thread. I wish those people would wake the hell up. IT'S A STORY!

When I read your stories, I always enjoy them a great deal. Your plots are typically well thought out, the characters ring truer to life than most on this site, and whether or not the characters make the choices I would make were I in their shoes, there is always a reason for those choices that fits the characters you have developed.

Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
excelent

this is the best of all worlds. If you want revenge you got it, if you want reconcilation you got it, even a Dallas dream sequence

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
a crock

both endings suck

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 17 years ago
Pick one

DG, I always enjoy your stories even if I don't like the ending. It's your story, whatever way you want it to come out is the right way. Your never going to please everyone, so whatever ending you conceive should be the one you publish. "Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Answering machine again?

I love your writing syle and 90% of your plots, but please don't use the tired old cliche of the answering machine that records the entire story of wife's cheating. Nobody, in this day and age , is dumb enough to leave a recording detailing her cheating for spouse to find later on.

60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
None work

I actually don't like any of the 3 endings. Nothing seemed to be realistic in the way each was written. Especially the last one. To think this was all a dream? It never even mentioned that he had a sister during the main part of the story.

waratahwaratahalmost 17 years ago
Normally good

but the detail around the morning after pill wasn't well handled here,

bornagainbornagainover 16 years ago
the last one

Go with the last one

daluentdaluentover 16 years ago
good job

Go for number 2. It's bad enough trying to forgive one dick ,but two? Give me a break. You'd have to be quite the accomplished alpha male to compete with 2 men. She's used to 2 men now. Let her have her freedom. Luis

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
DG why is alchol legal and pot illegal?

I have seen where Alchol has ruined so many lives as in your story...the excuse " I was drunk is so popular today" Not many people has had their lives ruined by pot unless it was the illegality connected with it. In this case Barb had some drinks...Oh yeah why not. You are not so bad but all the other writers on Literitiaca must be a bunch of drunks...Oh..we are celebrating a new contract...lets have a drink. Or we are having friends over...lets have some drinks...or ...Here have another drink...it's as pervasive as food. Alchol and gluttonius eating of food are the largest cause of the worlds ills. In many countries the lack of food causes the problem because in the UK and America...people who are overpaid gluttonize themselves with booze and food...I really will love to see them fall...I will cheer when they cant drink or food is too expensive to buy...I live off of Whey protien and maltrodextrin because on S.S.I really can't afford to live like other people...and you know what? I'm glad...After so many years of living in the bottom btracket of society because i couldn't afford food of booze...I am finally glad. I am over seventy years old and am in better shape and health that most younger people who abuse their bodies with booze and food...My one recreational drug is pot and in many states I could go to jail for it...while people who rule and administer our nations government plaster themselves with too much food and too much booze...I will laugh as you gnash your teeth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Multiple endings ...

usually means that the author has no idea what to do. If you must write a story write what you want, not what the readers might want. The multiple endings destroyed any virtue the story had.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Yeah!! OK!!

What!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
nice

Loved the multiple endings to this one and yes is hard to write a story then not change your mind one can always see the non writers when they whine about a story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
ending 3 is the best

ending 3 is the best

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
#2

The malice and forethought is the clincher!!! No way she deserves this kind of man......and he should be with someone that truly loves him!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
My vote is for #3

Endings 1 & 2 are both good, but #3 shows a creativeness that deserves praise. (At least it wasn't like the show "Dallas" & just said the whole season was a bad dream....) LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Why is it...

...that sometimes Lit.com authors feel they have to please everyone, and in the process demonstrate their own indecision. If you wanted a happy ending, then write a happy ending and let that stand as your story. Multiple endings turn the story into a "ballot sheet", and cause it to lose credibility as a story.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
Option two was the only viable solution.....

It was a premeditated act, she bought the morning after pills before they ever met their lovers. Too bad they didn't think to buy condoms, I would have been worried about disease. She and her sister are sluts, divorce them and kick their asses to the curb. Life is too short to worry constantly if she is going to backslide.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 13 years ago
Gotta love choices

All 3 make good stories IMHO -

I think 1 would be truly unlikely if she was that careless the first time she was alone it is probably her -

I think 2 would be unfortunate and is very likely a reality shot - my sympathy goes out to Brina and the kids -

Now 3 is just plain fun and very creative - cool idea and a dream set up for their future-

Thanks

C_frommnC_frommnabout 13 years ago
Good Story

Liked the Different versions that you Gave but I also like the way it Turned out in the End.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
BS and HP

Bullshit and horse piss

FD45FD45almost 13 years ago
Generally I like DG Hear stories

This was smithed well. It flowed, was nicely edited (head nod to the editors), and I liked it stylistically. I like how DG writes.

Now for this story. I don't think I wasted my time reading it. I enjoyed it for what it was and my peeves were due to MY preferences and not a lack on his part.

First the quibbles.

I read (TWICE see below) that she bought the Morning After pills BEFORE she went with the men. This was a very weak part of the story for me for a couple of reasons. First, he kept assuming that was the case, which contrasted poorly with the rather contrite nature of her phone call. Was she a callous slut looking for some strange or not? You specifically set out a 'tone' or 'message' in the story in the beginnning: that a bit of grace for a one time indiscretion was something that was well and good for Darla. But his reaction in a couple of the endings contradicted this. It made him less likable, and more of a hypocrite.

Second, he never VERIFIED that was the case, which would establish remorse on a major plot point.

The main character really wasn't very likable once he moved out.

Here is my biggest peeve:

I'm not against multi ending stories in general, though they seem a bit of a cop out to me. My issue lies in wasting my time. I had to read the exact same prose twice without a smidgeaon of difference between the two. I understand the logistical dilemna you faced. Ending one did NOT use that chunk of prose, so either put that chunk once and then fork, or repeat yourself. The fact that I understand doesn't lessen my annoyance.

Lastly, the 'cop out' feel of the multiple ending was multiplied by 5 when I saw that one of them was a FUCKING DREAM SEQUENCE. ARGH! That is NOT an ending! That is a bait and switch.

So it got a three.

Please keep writing but if you give me more of the same, expect to hear about it.

nwhalernwhalerover 12 years ago
Why is it that when a partner fucks up - they ask the OTHER person if they don't love them enough to stay!

Two fucked up endings - the second one was the only viable one.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
ENDINGS ARE LIKE "ASSHOLES"

every body has 1 and they are all different. TK U MLJ LV NV

Huma412Huma412over 12 years ago

Life is good. I do prefer 'Happy endings.'

As do I ..

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 12 years ago
I always enjoy reading your work

No change for this one -

But - I was not pleased with door number 3 it was too easy and ignored too much.

Door number 2 was almost as easy but felt much more "real" - I know it was just a story - still.

Door number 1 worked and failed - it left the guy hanging out there with her getting off scot free (except for her conscience which did seem present). So want did I wan to - well I got that - I wanted to see a writer I enjoy finish another story lol - yep I can bail on the ending too.

Thanks for you work 0see -

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Of your choices ending 2 is the only justifyable one

but then again none of them are very good

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Only thing I would add

to the endings is to tell her "We fucked just before you left. What if you were already pregnant and killed OUR baby with those morning after pills?"

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Door

Door 2----Out the door you cheatinf whore bitch---and skank---are the children mine

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Fair

Ending number 1 was ridiculous and ending number three is stupid and unrealistic. Number two is the only logical ending to this tale. All cheating skank whore wives should live alone, broke, broken and in pain. Notice I said live, not die. Dying gets them off the hook. Stupid cunts.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
#2 HAVING THE ENDING LIKE THE PRICE IS RIGHT

picking doors and curtains leads to excessive greed ruling, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Bull shit

.Barb is the whore in this story. The tape in the answering machine contains the whole truth. The best solution for the two famelies would have been, to Brian and Dan had moved up together i one of the houses, and sent the two sluts back up to Las Vegas. There thet were fairy been able to live out öf the work their Pussies could do for them. Remember guys, it's always the pussy "in power"

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
don't like alternate endings

I expect the author to know how the story will end and take the shit for it if others think it ended badly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I love alternate endings

I expect the author to not know how the story will end and take the thanks for it if others think it ended correctly.

ValundarValundarover 11 years ago
torn up trying to decide on a rating...

***

There its decided.

On one hand, the story was great... if you picked ending #2 and just stuck with it.

#1 was garbage. #3 was implausible...

#2 5star

#1 1 star

#3 3 star.

soooo.. you get a 3... but only because there isnt a 2.5.. really hate having to pick and chose an ending.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3about 11 years ago
I hate alternate endings.

Make up your mind for god's sake. Don't be a WIMP. With that said, piss on #1, shit on #3 and #2 was at least slightly believable.

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 11 years ago
I hate alternate endings, DG, and almost did not read this one because of it.

I pick #1, I did not like #2 and #3 did not quite make sense to me. I would rather be unhappy with the story than to have to choose the ending. Again, I resolve to not read any more where I have to choose. Just write the story, I can hate the ending but I REALLY don't like alternate endings. But, thank you for writing, anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Number 2 is the best.

I agreed with others number 2 ending is the best leave the whore wife and start over.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
FD45 moron

FD45 your one major dumbass hating on Brian called him a hypocrite because his whore of a wife Barb cheated on him and he never cheated on her I don't understand that. Also Darla is married to Dan not Brian stupid.

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 11 years ago
Pick One

Pick an ending and stick with it. If you want an alternate version, write a seperate story. These multi ending in one tale stories are a pita (pain in the ass).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
aHHH yeesssss!! The old multi-part choose your own adventure style ending.......

I think it IS a neat gimmick to offer the reader multi endings to choose from. I have often criticized some authors for having a good basic story idea, but not seeing it through to a satisfactory ending. Well this way, you can avoid some of the bad reactions; if people don't like the ending, they can pick another one. That said, I kinda have to agree that the BEST case scenario is when the author BOTH picks the ending out, AND it is satisfactory equal to the overall reading experience. We would want to encourage you to reach for a higher standard, then to merely just settle for cheap, mediocre gimmicks to hawk your wares. For the story you created, I think the best ending would have better detailed the living together/separately arrangement after he finds out about what happened in Vegas. It needs to be dialogue driven to accurately and emotionally go between the spouses and really puts her in her place and force her to admit that not only did she make a HUGE, HURTFUL, AND DAMAGING mistake, and is forced to accept punishment because of it, but also that she truly has changed as a person, and will never put herself in any compromising positions again....ever.....none....and hubby is treated as a king, never having a want or care or stress in his marriage again. Sure, it would be the best ending because if you could pull that off, it would be like magic. If you could make magic with your writing, then you wouldn't need 3 endings. Good luck on future submissions!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I hate alternate endings.

Read it right up to the start of the first alternate and called it quits, was pretty interesting right up till then.

billybob6977billybob6977about 10 years ago
Hmm

I wanted the ending where he shot her about 20 times and happily went to jail for life!!!

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3about 10 years ago
Bullshit

If you want a happy ending, try writing one rather than this crap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
From a Five to a Three

She just destroyed a beautiful, euphoric and loving relationship...a dream lost, one that everyone married would like to have.

Will they divorce...not likely and for the kids sake they will try to make it work. She'll try hard and he will fight the hurt, the memories, the loss of her fidelity and in short...life will just go on.

Will she do it again - probably but not for the curiosity of Vegas sex but because she will need some loving and good fucking after awhile...why, they'll still be doing it but it will be cold. Will he cheat, not likely, it is not in him.

They most likely would divorce after the youngest goes to college...him, sad and lonely with the occasional tryst...her, probably busy with work, hobbies and yes dating...why not - she is shape and likes sex!

So DG, you are a great story teller but this style sucks. None of us like it, we don't all, always, agree with your ending and we subconsciously write our own BUT - BUT, we would rather you do it so '3' not '5' and you are a five so stop with this multiple ending stuff!!!

Thanks for a great story, almost!

JounarJounarabout 10 years ago
multiple endings are such a cop out

Write the story you want but accept the praise or flak for it.

Ending 1

This just sucked. Maybe it would work if it was a drunken mistake but wifey planned on fucking around and the morning after piles were proof of this. She was willing to risk her and hubbys lives by not using condoms so no way could I see this outcome happening.

Ending 2

This felt right due her planning on cheating before hand.

Ending 3

Makes zero sense and goes against what happened leading up to hubby hearing what went on in vegas.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Alternate Endings

I personally don't mind alternate endings.

I was kind of torn on how I wanted this one to end. Although I don't usually like "It was all a dream" stories, I tend to think of them as cop-outs, I'm going with #3.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loved it

The last was the best.

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
The 4th ending...

In the 4th ending she would have told him as soon as she arrived from Vegas. Clear all the things with him. When he heard the tape, he already knew. It would take some time for him to forgive, but their love would win in the end.

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
Out of the 3 endings

Only the second one makes any sense. The first was just RAAC crap. The third was the worst. 'It was all a dream' endings are just lazy writing. It means you don't have the courage to stand by what you wrote, and are seeking an escape clause. Dream endings lack conviction.

Actually, having alternative endings, (note here that I said alternative, NOT alternate as you called them. The 2 words have different meanings!), is simply a cop out by an author. It says that you don't like any of your own endings, or simply don't care enough about what you wrote, because you can't get invested in it enough to care or finish. It says that you are trying to please everyone, sitting on the fence because you are afraid to offend or alienate anyone. But if you don't care enough to pick an ending, why shift that responsibility to the reader, and why should the reader care or respect what you wrote, when you don't ?

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 9 years ago
I do not like multiple endings.

I like all your work except one story, I even liked this one. However, since I don't like multiple endings I will just say that reading fiction, especially porn fiction is for entertainment value. We do not seek redemption (at least I don't) although I prefer happy endings in my old age. It takes away from the story strongly to have multiple endings, it makes you realize that the fiction your would otherwise enjoy reading is not real, I punches you in the face with that fact. I leave it to the author to write the ending and up to the reader to like it or not. I have authors whom I do not read any more because they nearly always make the husband a willing cuckold (or if unwilling they put up with it anyway) so I know to not read their stories anymore. I went against what I usually do and read your endings, usually I just go on to another story or do not read them at all if I know ahead of time that they had multiple endings.

As a romantic (in my old age or perhaps I have always been one to a certain extent) I would choose #3 but I know in my heart that #2 is the only one that makes sense and that is RIGHT. Thank you for your work, DG.

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
How About This One

She cheated. He was hurt. She had destroyed his view of reality. He felt he needed to "do something" to gain the sense of control that he had felt before she cheated. His initial reaction was a desire for violence. He wanted to beat her, her sister and the men involved. It sickened him that he wanted to physically harm other people. He was not normally a man of violence and was not equipped to deal with the feelings of rage. Next, he wanted to run away, to escape her and the constant reminder of her lack of love for him, her family and everything he had worked for over the past 11 years. At that point he realized he was having a fight or flight response. He did get away for a few days and went to see his father. He told his father about what happened and the shame he felt at having a wife that was a whore and that he and the kids were not enough to keep her faithful. His father listened to him for a couple of days. He commiserated with him and he thought about his son's situation. Finally, he told his son that there was no more time for mourning the death of his marriage. He had to get over it. He had responsibilities to his kids and his job. He had to man up and go back and do his job as a man and a father. He also had to do an excellent job at both. He expected nothing less from his son. He was shocked by what his father had said and asked him how he expected him to go home to her and to live with her. His father told him that was up to him. He would have to work out the details. He suggested that he go home. Keep the separate bedrooms if he chose to and spend all his time with the kids. There was no knowing if she was going to go for a divorce herself and then he wouldn't get as much time with the kids in the future. He told him, that if it were him he'd get over the fact that his wife fucked around, move back into the bedroom and treat her like a roommate with benefits. He would fuck her, do his job and spend as much time as possible with the kids. Hopefully the marriage would last until the kids made it to college. After that, he would be a free man.

This is the solution that many people chose after an affair or even when a marriage simply turns to shit. Cheating is only one of many reasons why people get divorced. The important thing to remember is if you take on the responsibility of having children - do your damn job and do not fuck up their lives. These stories always seem to neglect the children. If these men were really SO sensitive, they would hold it together and protect the kids. In 99% of these stories the men as truly wimps and shitty fathers. Man the fuck up! I especially get a kick out of the former military men that walk out on their kids! WTF! What happened to "no man left behind"? They leave their kids with a selfish crazy whore with nothing to do but fuck other guys and warp their minds! Let's be honest, women are by nature emotionally unstable. Their hormones fluctuate dramatically every 28 days, and they tend to make decisions based on their feelings at the moment rather than based on abstract values and rules. If a man were to behave like this, he would be considered irrational and probably diagnosed as bipolar. Are you really going to leave your children alone with someone like this? What about the creep she moves in after you have left? Ever think these things through at all? I can tell you, there are a lot of men serving time, doing their jobs as fathers waiting for the youngest to get evacuated to college. In the mean time these men serve as rear guard to a retreating army. They hold their positions and will sacrifice everything for their children. If they are lucky, one day the war will be over and they will be able to find peace. For all the selfish women out there, take this as a warning and as advice. It is your choice how your marriage goes as much as it is your husband's choice. Once the hostages are freed, the assault team will move in and drop a divorce on you. Then you and your other divorced friends can sit around and act like you don't know why your husbands did this to you. Enjoy.

phd70phd70about 9 years ago
More a summary of the various Cheating type stories on LIT!

I am looking at this story not as a 'story' but as an outline of the most frequent cheating story plots found on LIT. This was more an analytical piece than a real self contained fictional story to stand on its own. Three stars! Thanks, DG Hear! Dan

sdc97230sdc97230about 9 years ago
Obviously, the "best" ending is the last one

The one in which it turned out Barb never cheated.

The worst one is where he pretends he doesn't know. He may tell us he's been happy, but he'll probably spend the rest of his life being treated for high blood pressure or anxiety and finally die ten years too young, never realizing that it's all because of the added stress of living with what he knows and never confronting Barb about it.

The ending where he confronts Barb, tries to get past her cheating but ultimately finds that the premeditation and deceit has killed their marriage sounds about right for realism. He's the kind of man who would do what he advised his sister-in-law to do, take the time to decide if he still loved her and not pull the plug instantly because of wounded pride.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
WTF

This story can't even BTB correctly. First, ending 3 was just a fucked up waste of time. This should be under fantasy. The first ending where he forgives her... since she didn't get caught, she starts fucking guys regularly, contracts AIDS and infects her entire family who all die a horrible death. In the second ending he wimps up and moves into the guest room until he's forced to make a decision. My ending number 4 has him throwing her cheating ass out of the house making sure everyone knows exactly what a slut she and her sister are. He hides as many assets as he can and files for divorce using the recording as evidence. He gets the savings and she gets the house which he secretly and systematically destroys with termite infestations, small unexplained fires, and other 'accidents' until it has no worth. He then takes the money he received from the divorce and finds out who the two assholes were, informers their wives of what happened and has them beat up where they loose their balls and their jobs. He also makes sure they know exactly who did this to them and why. If he still feels he needs more, he has his ex sister in law gang raped by a biker gang where they make her a breeding slave. That should just about take care of the problem.

horny_gurl55horny_gurl55about 8 years ago
in a coma

the one where he woke up out of his coma in the hospital is best ever

C_frommnC_frommnabout 8 years ago
Well

I am not an Extremist. But #1 sucked theirs No Way he could ignore and go on w/o getting ulcers. #2 was way Over the Top. #3 was my kind of ending. Maybe a little Fantasy time Travel to come to that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
MIne is similar

I found out about my wife from friends. She had stopped at a lounge with friends and a buddy of mine happened to be there. Turns out, a friend of hers, a coworker, had designs on my wife. He got her drunk enough, separated her from the herd and the next thing my buddy knew, they went outside.

Not until about fifteen minutes later did he notice she hadn't come back inside. Fearing the worst, he went looking for her or our car. He found our car and when he looked in, there was a cock driving into his best friends' wife's hole. He took three photos with his cellphone, making sure her face was visible. Of course, he called me the next day, we met and he gave me the bad news and then the pictures.

Mitzi, my wife, was shocked to find me moving out of our bedroom and into the basement. I ignored her and all the questions, not saying a word in return. She knew what she had done and I didn't need to tell her. Like the story, she was in tears by the time I was done and moved in.

It took a month of her pestering me, without my saying one word to her, before she started her own silent treatment and after six weeks of that, she began using anger. The kids, 11,8 and 7 knew something was wrong but kept their worried to themselves. Finally, after she told me to go fuck myself, she was going to start hanging with her friends, I took action. The first night she went out, I ran off about two dozen pictures 11x18 and put them everywhere in her bedroom.

She didn't get home until late, the next morning, to be exact. I know it was exactly 1:48 because her shriek woke me up. Just in case, I had locked the basement door and found myself glad I had, she pounded and screamed to be let in. I put in earplugs and went back to sleep. We were married only in the eyes of the law as far as I was concerned.

Mitzi usually went in on Saturday mornings to catch up on paperwork, usually for a few hours. When I went upstairs, she was seated at the kitchen table and looked like she hadn't had a wink of sleep. In short, she looked like I had felt since seeing her pictures.

She started by asking for forgiveness. Crying so hard I could barely understand her, I came out of the bathroom prepared. Mitzi kept saying it was a mistake, she had been drinking too much and the guy had taken advantage. I sat and listened, while I drank coffee and ate a couple biscuits. My wife swore it only happened the one time and it would never happen again. She continued raving on and on while I never said a word. When she finally became quite, sitting and waiting for me to rebut her tearful confession, I did it without saying a word.

We kept our hamper in the main bathroom where the washer and drying were. After rising, I went in to take a piss and on the off chance she didn't think about it, I rummaged around in the dirty clothes. There were the underwear she had worn the night before and in the crotch were what appeared to be cumstains, they didn't appear to be her normal daily discharge.

Her face dropped when I laid the panties down with the crotch facing upward. If I hadn't been sure before, there was no denying her guilt of just a few hours before. While she continued crying, it was a pitiful cry I had never heard her make except when her mother died, I checked my phone. You see, when she went out the night before, I called my buddy again and asked him to watch her if he could. He could and did.

This time however, I saw the photos he sent were of her bent over the trunk of her car and the same guy was pounding the hell out her from the back. Rather than show her the photos, I sent them to our printer and from the kitchen, we could both hear it come to life. Once it stopped, I refilled my cup and went into the office to check. They had come out perfectly.

Mitzi was still sitting with her head down at the table crying when I returned, filled my cup and sat opposite of her. She had only time to look up when I slid the first picture to her. There were three again and they looked like she had posed for them. In the third, you could see the guy had an eight inch cock or more. Her crying turned into a moan just a moment before she fainted, slid from her stool to land on the linoleum floor.

Rather than help her, I went in for my own shower. After I dressed and came out, she was sitting back at the table, silent like a zombie. Her eyes just followed me, without saying a word.

Three months went by and we never spoke a word to the other. Both of us interacted with the kids as we always did, but we never spoke to the other. It became weird, chilling actually, the way her eyes would follow me anytime she was near.

At the nine month mark we had to attend my families dinner. Mom had called and invited us to Thanksgiving as usual and I suppose Mitzi heard me talking. It meant little to me, when the time came I planned to take the kids to my folks for the holidays anyway. Mitzi's dad lives about 1500 miles away, as did all her sisters too.

My folks were shocked when they saw my wife. Mitzi always weighed about 140lbs at 5'7". Not fat, not thin. When we went to my folks place, I bet her weight was down to 100lbs, perhaps less. She had begun to look reminiscent of survivors of the Bataan death march. Her eyes had sunk back into her head and they looked almost as if she had two black eyes. I had dropped back from 195lbs to 175 at 5'9", most of it muscle since I stopped at the gym three times each week after work.

My mom finally took me to the side and asked if Mitzi was sick. I told her I didn't think so, but there was a chance she had contracted an STD, Perhaps that was making her sick. I guess I wasn't quiet enough because I heard a gasp from the dining room and my wife burst into tears. She left and spent the rest of the day in my old bedroom. It was at that point I explained my parents she had begun cheating on me.

It wasn't until after Christmas and Mitzi came to me that I broke my silence. She asked why I hadn't asked for a divorce and if and when I would be. I think the fact I even opened my mouth and answered the question was as big of shock as my answer.

"I'll petition for divorce when Jenni turns 18 and graduates from high school." Jenni was our youngest.

Over the next eleven years I worked a gigantic amount of overtime. Much of it I gave to my parents, using it as a tax write-off as if I were helping them. They bought a small piece of property with it and I began working on it each weekend to prepare it for my eventual move. Mitzi and I rented, something I had no plans to change, even though we'd always planned for our own place. She never mentioned it again, neither did I.

Over the next eleven years I built a small house, 1100 square feet that sat on a basement of another 480 square feet. Taking my time, we built it off the grid, with nothing hooked up to the world, with the exception of television and the internet. 8.6 acres, one corner was where two creeks met and I had both fish and a way to generate power. A wood cook stove with water coils inside and a water jacket on one end, set me up for any eventuality.

Over those 11 years, I never strayed once from my marital vows. Was I tempted? Oh yes, a thousand times, yes. And Mitzi? Yes, she continued to stray, telling me she had no choice if I wasn't going ot do my duty as a husband. Occasionally she sneered, but usually she said it in tears. Always when she came home and I was still up watching television or working on the computer, she avoided me and I could see the tears. My sister's best friend works at a clinic about 40 miles from where we live and she reported to my sister (illegally, I realize) that my wife had been treated for many different STD's and a few would never be cured.

Our bathroom scales have a memory and Mitzi doesn't always clear it. She had dropped down from 100lbs to 92, then back up to 101 eleven years later. Although I try not to look, she isn't careful when walking around naked, I suppose trying to entice me. I'd rather stick my cock in an alligator's mouth. Her tits, never really big, are two deflated tube socks with nipples on the ends.

Fourteen months ago my little Jenni graduated from high school. Eleven months ago I drove her to University, along with her mother. We hugged her and left her behind to begin a new life, one I hoped would be a thousand times better than her mother and mine. All three kids and myself had a long talk when they were old enough so they understood what the problem was. All thee also told me MItiz had talked to them all and admitted having ruined our marriage.

Of course not a word was said on the drive home. We listened to music, one or the other of us would choose a station. When we eventually returned home, unbeknownst to my wife, I had the last few clothes still left at our house already in my truck. I went into my office and left the divorce papers on the kitchen table with my wedding ring on top. Oh yes, I wore my ring the entire time to remind me not to stray. Mitzi had went into the bathroom and I was out the door before she could return. After backing onto the street I stopped and looked at what I was leaving behind. There on the front porch Mitzi came out and stood, holding the papers, crying yet again.

She signed the papers and we were officially divorced this past March. Only then did I bother looking around and found there really are more fishes in the sea. I learned many of them were sharks and not guppies, however! A woman who came out and set up both my internet and television eventually won my heart. She was 31, thirteen years younger than myself. Where and how I lived interested her the most and she learned I came with the place, not something she was resistant to!

Annie moved in only six weeks ago. She's never been married or lived with a man, having been burned badly early on and swore off love. We connected and she almost seemed like a virgin! Naive, yet eager to learn, she is a wonderful lover. In her late teens she had fought and beat ovarian cancer, leaving her unable to have children. I plan to ask for her hand in marriage next week, who wouldn't want to marry a girl who can cook that well on a wood cook stove?

Mitzi? The kids say she didn't take our split and divorce well. Although she now brings men home with her, they say she wears my wedding ring on a chain around her neck. She also hasn't taken off the wedding ring I gave her almost twenty-five years ago.

She is now sleeping in the bed she chose to make over a decade ago.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...