What Did Happen in Vegas? Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lisa wanted Tom at home but she was also uncomfortable about being alone with him. At some point they were going to have to talk but Lisa didn't know when she should do that. She didn't feel right about having such a painful conversation while Tom was still laid up in bed but she felt that putting it off might make things worse.

Shortly after ten o'clock two orderlies came and lifted Tom into a wheel chair and rolled him out to the hospital entrance. Then they lifted Tom into the mini van that Zack had loaned Lisa for the occasion. The wheel chair was then loaded into the back of the van.

Tom and Lisa didn't speak during the twenty-minute ride to the house. When they pulled into the driveway two off duty firemen were waiting to help get Tom into the house. Once they had Tom settled in bed, Mrs. Scott, the private duty nurse Lisa hired, came in and introduced herself.

While Mrs. Scott checked on Tom's bandages, Lisa made his lunch.

When the nurse left at five o'clock that evening Tom took two Darvocet as much to put himself to sleep to avoid being alone with Lisa as to reduced the pain he was feeling.

*****

Tuesday May 6, 2003

7:00 AM

Lisa fixed Tom's breakfast and helped him eat. After taking the tray back downstairs Lisa helped Tom with his bedpan and cleaned him afterward.

While Tom appreciated what Lisa was doing for him, watching her clean him after using the bedpan was a little humiliating. It didn't bother him to have Mrs. Scott do that for him, after all she was a professional and it was part of her job but with Lisa it was different. Maybe if they weren't having their current difficulty he would have felt differently about it.

*****

7:30 PM

That evening after dinner Tom did not take his pain pills. He decided that it was time that he and Lisa talked. When Lisa came in to take his tray Tom asked her to stay.

"I think it is time we talked," he said.

"Are you sure you're up to this?"

"Not much point in putting it off. It's not going to get any easier. Tom said and then continued with a laugh, "Besides if it gets too painful I can pop a couple of pills and check out."

"This isn't funny," Lisa scolded.

"You're right," Tom said. "Are you ready to tell me what you did? "

"I am if you are," she said. "This started with what you did in Vegas so why don't you tell me about that first."

"I guess we are at an impasse. I told you I didn't have an affair with that woman but you chose not to believe me."

Lisa had to hold herself back to keep from screaming at him.

"Then why don't you tell me what you did while you were in Vegas?"

"Okay. Each morning I went to the convention center and worked at the NTD booth. Whenever we met a potential customer I would invite them to come over to our suite at the hotel for drinks and to talk about how we could help their business. So I was either in the booth at the convention center or in our hotel suite everyday until around seven o'clock in the evening. After that I went back to my room and watched television or read."

Tom hated telling that same lie again but changing his story now would not help and besides he had promised that he wouldn't tell anyone what he had been doing at night while he was in Vegas.

"I'm supposed to believe that you stayed in your room at night in Las Vegas. That would be hard to believe even if I hadn't received those pictures," Lisa said.

"Have you ever stopped to consider that those pictures might not be real?"

"Now you want me to believe that those pictures are fake? How stupid do you think I am? I studied those pictures carefully. They are not fakes."

"I am not sure how stupid you are but if you don't believe what I am telling you then you may be dumber that I thought you were," Tom said with his anger showing.

"So that's your story?"

"Yes. Now why don't you tell me your story?" Tom said.

Lisa anger had gotten the better of her. She decided that if he wanted to know what she had done she would tell him in graphic detail.

"You want to know, I'll tell you. Friday night when you got to Ben's I was sitting with a guy when I saw you come in. That's why I came to meet you at the door. I didn't want you to cause a scene. I didn't plan on doing anything. I was just going to stay out late to make you to worry about what I was doing. I wanted you to know how I felt but you had to show up and give me an ultimatum. I went back to the table and had a few drinks and the more I drank the more angry I got until I decide to really get even with you."

Lisa looked at Tom and noticed that he had a hand full of the bed sheet in his right hand and she could see his muscles bulging but he had no expression on his face.

"I asked my friend to take me to his place."

"Who was he?" Tom asked.

"I will tell you everything I did but I will never tell you who he was. Do you want to hear the rest or not?" Lisa said.

"All right. Let's hear the worst of it," Tom said as casually as he could.

"We went back to his apartment and had a drink and then we sat on the sofa and made out. I let him open my top and kiss my breasts."

Lisa had decided to tell Tom that she had gone all the way and that the sex was great until she noticed something in Tom's face. She could see the pain in his eyes. His face looked placid but she could see it in his eyes. She didn't want to hurt him anymore but she had to tell him the truth.

"He put his hand on my leg and slipped it up under my skirt and put his hand inside my panties. Then he removed my panties and put on a condom before beginning to enter me," Lisa said as she looked at Tom to see his reaction.

Tom thought he could handle anything but this was more painful than the injuries from his accident. Knowing that her lover had used a condom was of little comfort to Tom. He tried to remain stoic but he couldn't stop the tears from running down his cheek.

"Tom, I let him enter me but not all the way. I suddenly came to my senses and I pushed him off me. That was the end of it. There is something that you should know. I don't understand this myself but it happened. When he was starting to enter me I was looking at the clock in his VCR and I saw that the time was exactly 1:05 AM. At that moment I felt a cold chill run up my spine. It was so intense that I knew it was a sign that I had to stop. That's why I pushed him off me."

Tom had a lump in his throat, which made it difficult for him to speak.

"So it was this cold chill that made you stop what you were doing and not any thoughts of me."

"No. It was about you. I thought that the chill I felt was you reaching out to me and asking me to stop. Here's the strange part. When I talked to Dr. Jasper he told me that you went into cardiac arrest while you were in the emergency room. Did you know about that?"

"Yes. He told me about that."

"Did he tell you that the doctor in the emergency room recorded the exact time that you went into cardiac arrest?"

"I don't remember. He may have."

"Well, your heart stopped at exactly 1:05 AM and they didn't get it started again for two minutes. Dr. Jasper told me that you were close to death for twenty minutes. The chill that had stopped me lasted for twenty minutes. I know that means something important but it may be too late for us now."

Lisa looked over at Tom and he turned his head away but not before Lisa saw the tears.

"I am sorry for what I did. You warned me not to do something I couldn't take back but I did it anyway. There is nothing I can do to change what happened that night. Now the only one who can save our marriage is you. You will have to be able to forgive me for what I did and you will have to give me a reason to forgive you," Lisa said as the tears began to fill her eyes and run down her cheeks.

Tom thought about what she had just said and wondered if he could forgive her. In order to do that he had to deal with more than her infidelity, he also would have to deal with the fact that she didn't trust him. Tom remained silent for several minutes.

"Would you give me my pills please?" Tom asked.

"Is that all you have to say to me?"

"Yes, for now that is all I have to say."

Lisa handed Tom two Darvocet tablets and poured him a glass of water.

The pills took effect within five minutes and as Tom drifted off to sleep he saw Lisa in bed with a man and when Tom tried to see who the man was he saw that he had no face. Tom felt himself being pulled away from Lisa into a deep tunnel and just before all the light disappeared he saw the man with the camera.

*****

Wednesday May 7 through Tuesday May 20, 2003

Over the next two weeks a routine was established. Every morning Lisa would help Tom with the bedpan and then she would fix his breakfast. While Tom ate Lisa would shower and get dressed for work and then she would sit with Tom until Mrs. Scott arrived. In the evenings Lisa would get home around six o'clock and fix dinner. She would take dinner up to the bedroom and eat with Tom. They would talk about work and how their days had gone but neither of them would bring up the painful subject that created a barrier between them. The relationship had become one of outward caring and inward resentment.

Often friends would stop over to visit Tom and to ask Lisa if there was anything they could do to help.

*****

Wednesday May 21, 2003

11:00 AM

Wednesday had started off with the usual routine. By ten o'clock Mrs. Scott had bathed Tom and changed his bed linens. She had just gone downstairs to put the soiled bed sheets in the washing machine when the doorbell rang.

Tom heard the bell and he tried to focus on any sounds from downstairs to see who was at the door. It was a woman's voice he heard speaking to Mrs. Scott, which Tom did not recognize. The two women stopped talking and then Tom heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Tom laid quietly staring at the bedroom door and waiting. There was a knock on the door and then it slowly swung open.

"Tom, how are you? Everyone's been so worried about you. I wanted to come over sooner but Burt said I needed to give you time to get your strength back. You know we all knew something was wrong when we saw that police car in your driveway that Saturday," Mrs. Bennett said. "But Lisa had assured me when I saw her at Applebee's on Monday that you were all right. I guess the young man with her was a family member? I was a little upset that she didn't tell me you had been in an accident."

Mrs. Bennett hadn't been in the room more than a minute and Tom was already exhausted from listening to her and hearing her say that Lisa had been in Applebee's on Monday with another man gave him a painful knot in his stomach.

"Lisa didn't know I was in the hospital until Tuesday. I didn't have my wallet with me when I had my accident so the police didn't know who I was for a few days. No one called Lisa. The man you saw her with was her cousin visiting from out of town," Tom said.

Tom didn't know why he covered up for Lisa. Lisa hadn't mentioned that she had seen her lover again after Friday night. This began to eat away at Tom. He was so disturbed that he told Mrs. Bennett that he had to take his pain pills and that he wasn't feeling strong enough to visit with her. He thanked her for coming and apologized for not being a better host.

Mrs. Bennett took the hint.

"Oh, I understand. Burt told me you might not be ready for company yet but I told him that was nonsense. I told him I was only going to stay a minute. I'll come back again when you are feeling better and we'll have a good talk," she said.

"I'll look forward to that," Tom said. Then to himself he said, "I look forward to that like a flaming corncob up my ass."

*****

6:30 PM

Lisa brought Tom's dinner to him and he noticed that she hadn't brought her dinner up. He was too angry about what Mrs. Bennett had said to ask her where her dinner was. As he thought about Lisa being at Applebee's with he lover he lost his appetite and he began pushing his food around on the plate.

"Is something wrong with your dinner?" Lisa asked.

"I guess I lost my appetite."

Sensing the tension in Tom's voice Lisa asked, "Is something wrong?"

"Is something wrong? Nothing has been right for the last few weeks. I need to ask you something and I hope you'll tell me the truth. On the Monday after my accident, who did you have dinner with? Was it him?"

"Brad was trying to help me find you. I asked him to have dinner with me at Applebee's because I thought that you might show up there with your girl friend."

What Lisa told him was close enough to the truth that she didn't have to worry about getting caught in a tangle of lies. She quickly surmised that Mrs. Bennett must have visited so she didn't even bother to ask Tom how he knew about her being with Brad Monday evening.

"I don't understand why you would be looking for me at Applebee's?"

"I have a picture of you with your girl friend at Applebee's," Lisa said. "I thought that you might show up that with her again."

"You would have had to wait a long time for me to show up with this mystery woman," Tom said, "being as I don't know her and I was in the hospital at the time. When was I supposed to have been at Applebee's with this woman?"

"The note with the pictures said that you were there on Sunday, the day before Brad and I were there," Lisa said.

"How the hell could I have been there Sunday when I was in the hospital?" Tom asked.

"They must have had the dates wrong."

"If things don't fit, you make them fit. I think you want to believe I cheated on you."

Both of them were angry now and the two of them just stared at each other for a few minutes and then Lisa spoke.

"I'm going out to dinner tonight. Mrs. Scott said she would stay until I get back home. I won't be very late. I'll come see how you're doing when I get home."

As Lisa went to change her clothes she wondered why she hadn't told Tom she was having dinner with Shandra at her apartment. She knew that by not telling him she would be leaving Tom to wonder whom she was with and what she was really doing but she wasn't going to tell him anything unless he asked.

Lisa got a pair of jeans, a sweater and some clean underwear from her closet and went into the bathroom to take a shower. Lisa didn't bother to close the bathroom door when she began to get undressed. Lisa hadn't been modest around Tom since they got married so it never occurred to her that she should close the door now.

Tom had watched Lisa carry her clothes into the bathroom and start undressing. She was still wearing her panties when she disappeared from sight and got into the shower. Although Tom had often watched Lisa undress this time was different. This time he felt like watching her was wrong, almost perverted like a peeping tom. It was as though he knew that Lisa would not approve of him seeing her naked.

Tom lay listening to the shower running as he tried to make sense out of the strange way he felt. When the sound of the shower stopped Tom caught himself holding his breath as he waited for Lisa to step back into his line of vision. He just hoped that she wouldn't close the door if she saw him staring at her.

Lisa stepped back into Tom's view as she toweled herself off. As she stood with her back to him, drying her hair Tom felt a pain he had never felt before. He was looking at his beautiful wife, the only woman he had ever loved and he realized that he might never get to hold her or make love to her again. Tom watched her step into her panties and then pull them up to her hips and the sight was very erotic to him. He couldn't believe that under these circumstances that such a mundane thing as Lisa showering and changing clothes could make him so hard.

When Lisa came back into the bedroom Tom was still staring at her and she saw sadness in his eyes. At first she thought that he might be in pain but as she got closer she saw something else. Lisa saw the tenting in the sheet where it covered the top of Tom's legs and his belly.

Tom was hurt and angry by the thought that Lisa was probably going out to dinner with the same guy she had been with the night of the accident. If she was innocent she would have told him where she was going and with whom. He knew he would not ask her because he had too much pride to let her know it bothered him. He couldn't understand how with that on his mind he could be so aroused by the sight of Lisa getting dressed.

Tom turned his head to the wall hoping to avoid the humiliation of Lisa seeing him like that. He thought about how pathetic he must look with his body almost completely covered with plaster and bandages, unable to move his body to hide the obvious erection.

Lisa was about to make a sarcastic remark about the lump in his sheet when he turned away from her. Lisa realized how helpless he must feel and that he was probably embarrassed by his condition. Her heart ached for him. Lisa went to the bathroom and wet a washcloth and then went over to the bed. She didn't say a word as she pulled the bed sheet down exposing Tom's engorged member.

Tom was facing the wall and had closed his eyes. He hated the thought that Lisa had seen his erection. What must she think of him? That's why it surprised him when Lisa pulled the sheet down uncovering his erect penis. Suddenly all he could think of was how much he wanted her to touch him. When Lisa wrapped the wet wash clothe around his cock the warm damp cloth felt good. Tom held his breath waiting to see or feel what Lisa was going to do. When she took him into her mouth it was all he could do to not moan out loud.

As soon as Lisa saw how embarrassed Tom was about having an erection she felt the need to help him. She took his cock into her mouth because she wanted to, not from any sense of duty or because she felt sorry for him. She wanted to feel him and taste him again and it made her feel connected to him again, something she hadn't felt since she received the first e-mail with those pictures of Tom. It pleased her that she could do this for Tom, to give him the relief that he needed and probably desired.

Tom was torn by his dual response to Lisa's actions. What she was doing felt so good and he craved for her touch but it also humiliated him to think that she would give him a mercy blow job. He also felt it was demeaning for her to suck his cock out of some sense of duty or obligation. Or was it because she felt guilty about where she was going?

He wanted to be able to tell her to stop but he didn't want her to stop. Finally he just gave himself over to the wonderful sensations Lisa was generating with her lips and tongue.

When Tom felt his climax building he didn't try to hold back. He just let it wash over him. Lisa never released his pulsing shaft from her mouth. She didn't usually swallow his load when he climaxed in her mouth but on some occasions she did just because she wanted to and this was one of those occasions.

When she was done Lisa used the washcloth to clean Tom's cock. Then she took it back to the bathroom. Lisa didn't say a word as she left the room.

*****

8:30 PM

Tom tried watching television but his thoughts were on Lisa and where she might be. By 8:30 Tom was considering taking a couple of his Darvocet tablets for the pain but this pain wasn't physical, it was mental. He felt that the pills would put him to sleep so he wouldn't keep driving himself crazy worrying about what Lisa was up to.

Tom had made up his mind and was about to reach for the pills when the phone rang and Tom picked it up. Lisa had put the phone close to the right side of the bed so that Tom could reach it.

"Hi, Tom, it's Shandra, how are you?"

"Getting by."

"Is Lisa there?"

"Lisa went out to dinner and she isn't back yet. You can call her on her cell phone."