All Comments on 'What You Wish For Pt. 01'

by Rehnquist

Sort by:
  • 214 Comments
Phxray54Phxray54over 13 years ago
It may be, it could be...

its outta here, holy cow, a home run for the Cubbies. Well folks if this first inning is showing anything of the future, we may just have ourselves a ball game. First inning, outta the park, home run. holy cow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Argh, cliffhanger!

Please, do continue.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 13 years ago
Man! This is some good shit!

Our Chief Justice may be an admitted liar, but he sure can set up a story. We get the definite impression it will not take two years to finish this saga. Q has some serious competition and the rest of us need to be careful to not get in the line of fire. These guys are just that good!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Well done

Very nicely done - Good depth of characters Has promise

skipperrskipperrover 13 years ago
No competition

DanielQSteele is no competition for you! Your work is so much better, the story line tighter together, the characters maybe less complex, but more realistic. I really enjoy your work, please continue.

pogmapogmaover 13 years ago
What the hay.........................

I've read all of your previous work and really enjoyed most of it. But this is in class above.

I'm an early riser, so to boot my laptop and find this at 3:50 in the morning I am, I guess you could say I feel blindsided. Dam you just made my day.

And I too would like DQS to finish his story.

Nuf said, this story is just dam good.

literot63literot63over 13 years ago
Great Start

I'm fairly new, now I have to go and read all your old stories. This was a great Part 1, you really set things up well. I'm also a big fan of DQS, hopefully your pacing will be better than his !

dinkymacdinkymacover 13 years ago
Yep!!

This is a great one -- flows nicely....just hope I like the final storyline!!

Lord_GroLord_Groover 13 years ago
Nice!!

A new Rehnquist story! What a nice way to start the morning.

I've read your other stories. This one is better, at least on first impression. Looking forward to the next installment.

hansbwlhansbwlover 13 years ago
Your stories

have a story line, which make them enjoyable to read. I am already waiting for the next chapter, pls hurry!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I love it!

I thought the story line seems real and well paced. The writing focused more on the story than on sex which makes the over all story even stronger. I like the fact that you took the trouble to describe the emotions and vulnerabilities of your characters and therefore drew the readers to your story. I eagerly look forward to more chapters from you! Well done.

sailordblj1966sailordblj1966over 13 years ago
Daaaammmmmnnnn

I really enjoyed this first part. I got hooked more and more the longer I read and the ending just left me hanging and wanting the next part RIGHT NOW!!!!! Can't wait for the next part keep up the good work. I really like it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Terrific!

Great start! Love the three dimensional characters. It was such a nice surprise to see a new story posted by one of my favorite authors on this site.

Looking forward to reading the rest of the story! Please don't wait as long as DQS to post the other chapters!

Glad to have you back to writing more than just comments!

~S

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
One more time

I find you to be one of the best writers on this site. You build a story beautifully. One chapter in and I'm hooked.

romaq7705romaq7705over 13 years ago
good start

good start justice rehnquist. i'd like to see where you take us the next 5 chapters.

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Nice Openers

I am going to really enjoy watching play this hand!

size14shoesize14shoeover 13 years ago
What you wish for...

I was wishing for a story worth taking my Sunday morning and I got it!! And then some.

The parallel with his life and the book he is writing is a neat twist.

Will we find out more about what went on with Kristen? After all she was the woman he fell in love with and spent 12 years of his life. While I'm not looking for reconciliation, I can't help but agree with his mom -- anger and hate can eat you up.

Sidney43Sidney43over 13 years ago
Great start

I am liking this already, don't screw it up.................Please!!

Tomba56Tomba56over 13 years ago
Excellent Effort

I am greatly inpressed with your newest story. You stated that you wanted this story to have more three-dimensional characters..well mission accomplished. I feel as though I'm reading about actual people's lives and not just a fictional account of how they 'should act'. I'm already looking forward to the upcomiing chapters. Another superior work by one of my favorite authors on this site.

AnotherClosetReaderAnotherClosetReaderover 13 years ago
I hate good writers.

They never write fast enough so fill the need.

I should know better by now not to read an author I know I like when they are starting a new project, but that's my burden I suppose. I can now only hope that the tale is finished and in the queue, rather than being posted as written.

fregenfregenover 13 years ago
Oh, just outstanding!

Thank you. Wonderful job. I don't think you have to worry about this one being read.<P>

Thanks for sharing.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
Geez Louise! Damn, you just get better each posting!!!!

You've got me hooked already! Maybe, I need to spend more time in bars where I may find my muse. At least, that's what I will tell my wife. Looking forward to the next chapter which I hope you can turn out faster than DQS1.

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 13 years ago
A multi-part story? Say it ain't so......!

Great start, your honor! I must say though that I am kind of gun shy about multi-part stories these days. While I am reading them, I get this crazy fear that I am trapped in some strange dimension (or maybe it is just northern Florida) where all multi-part stories are started but are never allowed to end.

Looking forward to reading all of the upcoming chapters!

GToastGToastover 13 years ago
I agree you shouldn't have left us hanging like this

On the other hand, it means there's more on the way!

Outstanding work. Nicely plotted and written.

My only problem: Kristen was a little thinly outlined. Never really got a grasp on why she was such a bee-yotch.

Still, this is a five-star entry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
DanielQSteele who?

great start

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 13 years ago
Promise . . .

. . . of another good story; yours usualy are. Since you have chided DQS about his pace, I assume your story is well in hand and should pop out of the oven on a more frequent schedule. I hope so. You have some interesting characters going, Tyler and Susan could probably carry the story, but there is more to Kristen as well I think. I will wait like everyone else for where things go from here.

curioussscuriousssover 13 years ago
You've already written my favorite story and another close to it...

...and this promises to be, if possible, even better.

I love your style and descriptive talents. You have the undeniable gift of making your story lines and characters sound and feel real, whilst keeping the plot and anticipation going strong.

A few other reviewers have commented how good it is to be pleasantly surprised by an unanticipated new Rehnquist story - I concur.

You sir are really very very good - so good I'm not even going to nag you about when the next chapter is going to be submitted. From past experience it won't be long anyway and I think I prefer to be surprised again - 5 more times!

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
GOOD STORY and/or for what it is worth

Good story keep it coming

For what it is worth:

DQS1 only puts an update in when his storys start to fall off of the 30 day chart. SO, if you want his updates faster STOP asking for them. Only comment when the story first comes out.

Check it out you will see.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
GREAT

Like some of the previous commenters I have to say you are a great author. I was hooked by the end of the first page. You have set up a story that will be one of the best if not the best i have read on this site. Your characters are believable and display all the human characteristics and emotions I would expect. I can feel the pain, the angst, the need for more love and companionship. Keep up the good work and please, please present it as rapidly as you can! Thanks for sharing. For some reason I cannot get my computer to transmit me as a literotica user so I have to go as "anonymous" however, know me and Sign me as the SW MO HERMIT.

victoriangentvictoriangentover 13 years ago
Hopefully

you will live up to your promise to "flesh out the characters". I assume, which of course one should not, that there will be more to the ex-wife as I feel her character was way underdeveloped. With that in mind you have the first chapter of what seems to be an outstanding story. And so far not even one subplot - amazing.

BriteaseBriteaseover 13 years ago
OK I'm hooked

Just keep them coming --------- Please!

NeuroBillNeuroBillover 13 years ago
How much praise can you absorb?

Just to add 1/2 cent to everyone else's praise, good storytelling is so hard. You make it seem easy, but it's not.

I knew there was a reason why I look each day for your name in the list of the 'new.' I have 4-5 favorites on the entire site (and a host of admires). You are one of the top 2(...at a certain point, ranking makes no sense). Thanks and as a SC judge, Rehnquist, whom I did not favor, looks better and better with Scalia and Thomas and Alito in the ascendancy. You, I favor.

mavir9mavir9over 13 years ago
My First Read

This was my first read of this author. Wow.

SupaSallySupaSallyover 13 years ago
This looks so good..

So many questions, so many options...

Please don't make us wait too long.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 13 years ago
You can always count on size14shoe to argue that

any man that is upset or angry over what his wife or ex wife has done ... is always in the wrong.

Classic.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 13 years ago
sure this is .GREAT writing but whats the Big deal? Tyler is an asshole & parents are awful

The writing is great the characters extremely well done. BUt ...This is going to a bad story because it has no place to go.

Tyler is a Moron on every level. He was married to a women -- OK a cunt -- and apparently Tyler had no clue that after 10 years she need some attention.

Kristin is a vile shalloe superifical twisted bitch who demands that her man have HUGE income then gets upsets when he has to actually work.

and?

I mean where can this story go? What EXACTLY is the mystery?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller ?

**** Does anyone care WHY she left? ****

SECOND what is the deal with the Parents?. They tell him that Krisitin is getting married almost immediately after the divorce and she is pregnant and that she was clearly having along term affair with her old boyfriend and now a cop.

and they tell Tyler NOT to be Bitter or uspet?

are you fucking kidding me?

and how EXACTLY is Tyler "consumed with rage"?

........."What's to be embarrassed about?" I said. "She's back home. They've got their precious little princess back in town, and now they can see her all the time. And their new baby with that prick Randy Walters. And they can continue–they and Priscilla, for that matter–they can continue to tell her about how special she is. And her fucking brat, too."......

That is rage? since when? On THAT basis Tyler's parents are cautioning HIM about keeping it all Bottled up in side?

"You're hurting, Tyler," Mom said. "We know that. But don't let the anger turn to hatred. Don't let it eat you up, honey. Please. Don't do that."

you cannot be serious Rehnquist

orefinnorefinnover 13 years ago
You're getting there

I'm liking it. By the end of the chapter you had me hooked (I've bookmarked you) and your character(Susan) is beginning to become three-dimensional. I'm really looking forward to the next chapter! This story could rival Daniel Q Steele if you keep going like this.

Thank you for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great!

Your hero is a real person, dealing with real issues. Looks like this is going to be a great ride.

RehnquistRehnquistover 13 years agoAuthor
The Story is Totally Done, and Oh Harry,

I begged you not to hate Tyler yet. Still, you go off and hate him. *Sigh*

Just kidding. Thanks for your comments, and thanks for everyone else's comments.

Just taking a quick moment to let you all know--since it seems to be at the top of everyone's mind--that the story is totally completed. Yep, edited and all--at least as well as I'm capable of editing. I am posting it over 6 consecutive days, and Part 4 was posted about ten minutes ago.

And yes, you'll all get to meet Kristin, and at least three other female characters, before this ride is over.

Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
DanielQSteele is no competition for you

because you have realistic characters not some comicbook stupid super...whatever heroes and ennemies. I also think that Harry is even dumber than I thought. He hasn't found anything to really bad mouth you. so he is looking for something just to say something. I guess he must be some hillabilly politicien somewhere and he is always in the opposition.

of course this is just the intro but I find it very enjoyable to see an almost "normal life and normal behaviour". So I hope you can keep it up like that and don't see you forced by stupid comments to bring in more so called "thrills" just to have more drama. (as example Kristin not having his kid, sheriff not an abusing asshole, he not really still loving Kristin like in DQS story, he not beeing between to women and so on)

thanks for a good start

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Ugh!

hopefully this is not a-chapter-every-2-months kind of a deal. Great start. anticipating the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Excellent!!

As always, a great start. You do have talent!!

Rob ConnerRob Connerover 13 years ago
Good Beginning!

Well Written. Easy to read. Interesting storyline. Looking foward to the next part.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 13 years ago
I can see that there is so many ways this story can go that I will just have to wait to see what the author has in mind for us.

Fantastic start!!!

I can see where a new love can be in the start with Susan, and that perhaps he can get some revenge on his ex-wife while he is back in his home town, or at least I hope he does.

Perhaps Susan is the lawyer that he turns to for advice when he deals with the publishing company and the rights to his best selling novel,and they will become not only lovers but close friends, to the point where she wants a long term relationship with him, even if the relationship has to work around their busy schedules.

I'm ready for a story that has a happy ending, even if it takes a long time getting there.

The best to the author, I'm a long time fan of his work.

Thanks.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 13 years ago
Nicely done, an excellent read

Thanks Mr R., I was quickly hooked by this story and eagerly await further chapters as there are quite a few ways this can go. Will Tyler and Susan finally take a stab at happiness? Will the book be published and if it does, what impact will this have on Tyler's life? Will his mom regain her health or...? Will he meet his cheating ex and the cop?

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1over 13 years ago
It's A Good Day

It's a good day when you've got a new Rehnquist. Just that simple. Actually you flatter the hell out of me by referring to my work and the comments by other responders would give me a swelled head if I wasn't black and blue from the backhanded compliments and complaints about my tardy pace.

Anyway, to take a great line from the conclusion to the "Lord of the Rings" movie when Frodo is told, "you kneel to no man," I'd say you stand in the front tier of writers on this site and while there are writers as good, I think on their best days, I don't know that there is anyone better. And you know as well as I do there are some damned good writers here. If this wasn't primarily a stroke site I think a lot of them would be well known names and have literary careers. Which is a shame.

But, I actually like this latest effort better than I did "Diner", which was a fine story. It's going to be long enough to breath and let you throw in some twists and curves,, but you've already got me.

I love the relationship between the hero and Susan and the romantic in me is already hoping that there could be something there at the end of the day. As far as Kristin, and I can already hear the hisses and boos from some readers out there, you've set it up that there's more to her than the typical bitch/cheating cunt a lot of writers use as a punching bag. She treated our boy badly. Is she just a bad person or does she have her reasons. I'm curious to see.

Finally a personal note. I'm never been a bond trader pulling down $300 plus a year, but you've truthfully shown the life of a single guy who is hitting his late 20s or 30s. I don't think I'm unique. I was that guy. A confirmed bachelor. I liked the single life and hunting and bagging new ladies was a joy. But it got lonely. And one day someone walked into my life from a direction I never expected and that was it. I never looked back. Actually, I did, but I never regretted my choice.

So, I will be waiting anxiously to see how the story goes. And if you're going to give me shit about posting too slowly, you better keep up your schedule. Or else I'll post messages chiding you for writing too slowly! :)

And finally, yes I am hard at work on 6A. It won't take a month but I won't promise the delivery date.It might not be quite as long as 5D, but it will be longish. And for people complaining that nothing is happening, well, check out the last half page or so. And I know that at least half the readers on this site will hate it, but I hope at least half will like it.

DQS1

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
enjoyable

I really enjoy readinng you and DQS1. Probably my favorite authors on this website. You guys develop your stories and all in all, just make for enjoyable reading. Keep it up!!! (Both of you!)

Wonder_OneWonder_Oneover 13 years ago
I Want More!

Great Start, I'm hooked and wanting the next installment.

Thanks,

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Damn hooked another one of your stories

Great opening !

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Engrossing, entertaining, top form.

All well cast and plotted to draw the readers in. Susan turns out to be just the place to fall after the husband's misfortunes. Sounds like you know all about outlining and completing a story before unleashing it upon the public. Hopefully, other authors will learn this and more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Excellent Work

When DQS1 gives praise you know you've done well. I've read a lot of stories on this site and agree with him. You are one of the best writers here. Not just a good story but a good story WELL written. I can not wait for your next installment on this story. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I have a gut feeling....

.... this is going to give When We Were Married a real run for the money. I already have suspicions about Susan and her career, but not her genuine interest in Tyler. And thank you for finally confirming my suspicion of what "Grant City" really is. I've only been there once (doing the usual touristy homage) but I thought it was a neat place. I'm much more familiar with the other corner of N.I., but have a ton of college friends from that area.

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 13 years ago
Fantastic Start

He's going home, and I'll bet he's going to get some resolution. Susan sounds great, for a rebound lover, but I'm not sure she's going to be the one. I can't wait for the next chapter.

TXanyTXanyover 13 years ago
Super lead off...sure hope it's not his....

So many available paths to take and your writing is good. I still don't feel I know Susan very well, so work at it. Hope we don't find the baby is really his....wouldn't that screw up the works?

PultoyPultoyover 13 years ago
I'm not reading this yet

Not until it is posted. I am floating out in space on too many of these plots and do not like it.

This business of posting a little tidbit at a time is bullshit. For now, one star on all stories that are posted as 'part' something or another.

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
Good one

I think this is one of those times that you can say it was mostly the husbands fault. If you are never home things are bound to go wrong. He should have put his foot down about the spending, he also should have knocked her up. He didn't really listen did he? She told him what she wanted. What she did was wrong, no doubt, But he could see it coming. So all of the I don't know why she left shit doesn't work, he knew it was going downhill. It was over the first time she decided to leave. A man with common sense would have seen that within a week. The author hit on something that I have thought about for years. A man who is attractive to females does not have the same view of them that a average looking man does. Fucking many different women is not the fantasy that some men might think. It's work. They forget that you have to deal with the women before and after the sex. Try going through all of the getting to know you horseshit over and over and over again. You have to keep them mentally happy too. Getting them to leave without hurting their feelings and still thinking fond thoughts of you is not always picnic either. If they think they are in love, you have a new set of problems. You can see what women are really all about if they think they have found the man that they want to marry and have children with. Thats when it really hits home that women are devious and a few of the other adjectives that the author has used here. The phone never seems to stop ringing, try that for a while. I am not an asshole, I like women, but after a while you become jaded. It's work, hard work. The man in the story married his sweetheart and first piece. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. I think a man should bed a few women before he gets married so he will know what he is getting into. What they are really like. You can't get that from one or two, thats not enough to form an opinion. When the numbers increase, so does the caution. The story is good so far, I will read to see what happens.

chytownchytownover 13 years ago
I agree!!!!

With PULTOY I will read when it's finish damn good idea!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Very very nice start. Keep the good work coming and i will keep coming back reading it :)

bigchefwaynebigchefwayneover 13 years ago
Great Start

Now, please don't do a DQS on this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I hope I get what i wish for...a quick next chapter!

Great story, immersive to the point I felt like I was living the story!

Thanks and can't wait for the next chapter.

katibkatibover 13 years ago
Once in Blue Moon...

a story fit for adults (in the original meaning of the word) comes along. What a delight.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
wow

im suprised at how great this story is. haha, maybe that came off wrong, but after reading so much garbage on this site, i was shocked to find this. now i cant wait till the next chapter is out and then the next and the next untill i can read it all. hurry up!

Sloburn38Sloburn38over 13 years ago
What a nice surprise

You sir are a really talented writer, so any day that I can open up the browser and find a new story is a real treat.

Romantic1Romantic1over 13 years ago
Aced The Start ...

A "5" for you my friend, and it looks like you'll give DQS a run for the money. Seriously, a very engaging plot and the start of character development. I hope your sequels are all lined up and we don't have to wait weeks between installments. This is a good story. // Romantic1

StangStar06StangStar06over 13 years ago
The beginning of another great one!

I can't wait for the next part either! This is great. I really felt like I was there. And don't worry about Tyler, he's the man. A great character, and I already like Susan. Great work as usual.

tastesgreattastesgreatover 13 years ago
VERY GOOD!!!

It's really nice when one finds an author who writes well and finishes the story before posting chapter 1. Thank you so much for your excellent writing, great story, and taking pity on your readers and completing the story first! You are tops!

incestor007incestor007over 13 years ago
you did it again

as expected from you, another good one, let the next come, already can't wait, really

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Very Good! Don't be like some one else we know(DQS) and drag this out for months please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Awesome start, I am curious to what the next chapter will bring.

I don't hate Kristen, I barely know anything about her. But I think she was a very lonely person who wanted her husband there, which isn't unreasonable. Money is nice but it doesn't buy happiness. His job provided a great life but she was essentailly alone the majority of the time. In that context I can't really blame her if she did have an affair.

She should have gone about it differently but it seems she was trying to tell him but he wasn't listening.

m48gunnerm48gunnerover 13 years ago
Finally,

Finally, another good story coming down the pike. I have been soooo bored lately, and when I am bored I get pissy with the authors who probably don't deserve it. So I am very glad to have had the opportunity to read a really good story again. Thanks!

xtremeddxtremeddover 13 years ago
You fleshed out the characters made them human with conflicts and left us hangin...

RQ,

Waiting for the next installment of really great writing. Kinda excitement a 30 foot putt (in the snow) gives us. Poor Kristen. But, good for Tyler. Hope Mom pulls through.

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

inojacks2002inojacks2002over 13 years ago
This episode is entertaining, and bodes well for things to come

Thanks for this story. I can't imagine the effort involved in getting so many things right - characters, plot, tone, review and editing. This submission looks like you spent a ton of effort, and it is paying off in a great read for us. More, please.

swimwriterswimwriterover 13 years ago
Not that good

just the excellent.

thnx

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
wow!

i like that, i always liked your stories, you are among three writers I always look forward to read, with HDK, SirThopas in the list of active authors. you are also unique and flawless like them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Very Nice

This looks like the beginning of a very nice story line indeed. Thanks and keep up the good work.

jasonnhjasonnhover 13 years ago
Great start

I was afraid at some points that Tyler was becoming too maudlin but you kept steering him into new territory. He's an interesting character because he not the typical guy out to get laid. Nor is he totally clueless. He feels like a real person. He's a nice guy but inexperienced in dating and not sure how to proceed. He's following his heart in writing a book but he gets to the end and he's not sure what to do with it. He's hurt by his wife leaving (she was a selfish bitch) but not crippled by it. I think that's what most people do, try to get by. He is obviously a wealthy, talented, good looking guy, and a good lover. He would have a right to be conceited and yet he is uncertain of himself. That's pretty funny. I think it's kind of odd that he couldn't meet any women looking for a long term relationship. There are plenty of women that would like to find a guy like him to take care of them and wouldn't be as big an ass about it as his ex was. Maybe most of them would have wanted him more for his money but the women are out there so it seems a little odd he can't find them. It's going to be interesting to see where his relationship with Susan goes. <br><br>

A quick comment on Kristin since she only seems to be a throw away character. He gave her ever possible consideration. They BOTH wanted a successful life. That takes work unless you inherit a fortune. She was bored but refused to participate in anything meaningful including a job. He suggested she cut her spending and he could cut back on his hours but that was a no go also. In short she was a spoiled brat who would have only been satisfied with someone with existing wealth to spend on her and lots of time to indulge her. She was a pathetic human being. Given his willing flexibility I don't see how Tyler had any responsibility in the divorce. They communicated VERY clearly. She was just set on being completely spoiled. I liked the way the divorce played out. I'm surprised she didn't ask for more alimony. He was making $300K. 30% would have been $100K. I think the settlement was a little unrealistic since there was no prenup. The nastiness of the lawyer makes small difference, most places us a pretty standard formula and 10% of his income seems far too little. But I'm OK with the bitch getting screwed.

seekermikeseekermikeover 13 years ago
Engaging

I'm sure your going to be tired of the praise you're receiving, but you've earned it... So far. Good read

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
SUPER...

JUST PLAIN SUPER...

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Son, we have a winner here!

Great plot, nice build up and good(and flawed-what os very good!!!) characters.

livnthechilifelivnthechilifeover 13 years ago
Love it so far!

The character development is amazing. The premise is fascinating & addictive. They are real people with real flaws. It will be interesting to see if they follow the obvious direction, or go in an unexpected curve.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Promising start!

This is gonna be good, I can just tell

lawrenclawrencover 13 years ago
Keep going

The story has started well, and the two people seem to have a lot to offer each other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Excellent

Really good.. Wheres the rest lol?

Like someones already said, real characters and I also like pace at which the story is moving. (More pls :-)

theaquarianpentheaquarianpenover 13 years ago
finish

I gotta read the rest of this.

great stuff

grogers7grogers7over 13 years ago
This Is Art

I do noy know if the story will be good, or if I will like it. BUT, Part 01 is superb.

Congratulations. This has been on the site for less than a day and you already have 85+ comments -- almost all positive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Why

Why do you care what others think? You are a fine writer, and just like you wait for DanielQSteele to continue, I wait for your next chapter.

vietvetvietvetover 13 years ago
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I say again- WWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW. Give us much more soon.

Thanks for the good story start.

Tom

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Reading Something This Good

"nearly" makes me want to apologize for zinging you about some of your responses to other writers and critiquing them as if you had all the answers. This IS better than 5 star work, and in these first three pages you have built two characterizations and the prelude to a relationship that could sustain a novel, not just five more episodes of a short story. Write on, MacRehnquist, and make us a far happier bunch of readers.

Do

FirebrainFirebrainover 13 years ago
--

I love your voice here. Quite effortless. I hope Kirsten gets shaded in between the lines in future chapters; as a woman who, like her, spends much of her time waiting for her husband to come home -- I know there's always more to it than that.

winterfoxxwinterfoxxover 13 years ago
Dude !!!!

Excellent!

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 13 years ago
Well Done

As usual. Thank you for a gripping interesting story.

I'll be waiting for the next Chapters.

Woodmanone

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 13 years ago
I'm really enjoying this so far.

Well-written, smooth-reading, nice story line. Just wait until Kristen sees her policeman husband out drinking with the boys instead of coming home to her. Then she'll know what she gave up. Susan is a great character so far. Smart and beautiful, quite the combination. My daughter is like that (doesn't every father say that), and she gets the job if she gets an interview, each and every time.

Tyler is a sympathetic character, and so far, so is Susan. Kristen could have at least given Tyler some closure. Sure, he knows the up front complaints -- they had argued many, many times about these things. "I want children; I don't want a job, I"m going to keep spending money because it does grow on trees," etc. etc. etc. But really, 10 years of marriage deserves something. After all, he supported Kristen all that time. And she is an ungrateful wretch, no doubt of that.

Now I'll move on to chapter 02 to learn what happens next. Thanks very much for this wonderful (so far) story.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 13 years ago
nicely written

Appreciate the warning about the length! I already see a hook in me to read this all the way through. Well written nice characters including the women. Even if your women seem not totally filled out still lots of mystery with them which is true for my wife after 18 years!

Well worth the time will read pt 2 and look for the rest as you bring them out. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Fanfuckingtastic!

I enjoyed all your stories but this is the best!

jiminabjiminabover 13 years ago
That was bloddy good

The dialogue was just wonderful. I wait for the whole story before I read it and this is worth waiting for. I think I am the 97th commentator. Definite sign of a great story. Must rush away to read the rest of this story. Thanks. Jim

Lewy123Lewy123over 13 years ago
Good!

Very well written, really has promise. There wasn't much info on Kristen tho, we sort of don't really kow what sort of person she is apart from liking money. I mean there was no good points that I could see and he loved her so she must have some?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Seriously!

How does anyone ever give you less than a 5? I'd love to offer constructive criticism, but your stories get me so wrapped up, you could misspell every other word and I'd never notice. I usually offer story suggestions, writing critiques, something... I got nothing. You're too good. Sorry

All I can do is just keep reading and voting. If I think of something or see something (yeah right), I'll let you know.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
The best!

Best start to a story I've seen in a long time

MizTMizTover 13 years ago
5 Stars

I only ever read one story in this category and found it very offensive so I never came back until now. How did I get here today? I was in the Feedback Portal section of Lit and saw that this story, all 5 chapters have the most comments for the week. Anything this good must deserve a shot. I"m Amazed. The whole point of view from the mans perspective is wonderful. What he thinks and does with his life from the time his wife walked out until he got in line at the airport was so well told. I'm going to read as many chapters as time will allow me today, and finish tomorrow what I'm unable to finish today.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous