Wheels In Motion Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thanks," I said, the slightest huff in my voice. "It's actually the playlist for a local cover band. I can send you the link to it when we get back if you want. The pilot, Jo, who managed to crash land our chopper when we got shot at? She's the guitarist. They're pretty great. I'll have to take you to see them sometime."

"What are they called?"

"The Rotors. They play in Northern Virginia a lot, although I don't think they've done a show since their keyboard player had her baby in December. She's Jo's wife. They're doing a show in a few weeks in Alexandria. I'm trying to switch shifts so I can go."

"Sounds fun! Boy, you sure do hang out with a lot of lesbians. Are you sure you're straight?" she asked with a grin.

"Ha ha. I can't help who my friends are."

When we got to the climb up Capitol Hill, we both fell into silence, conserving our breath. A few times I looked over, watching Addison as she focused on her breathing and the road ahead. Her dreadlocks swung behind her as she pumped her pedals.

I found myself thinking about how quickly Addison had become my best friend in the month since we'd met. Our conversations were always familiar, our sense of humor extremely compatible. She stopped in the E.R. to say hi to me every time she was in the hospital to see a client, which seemed like it happened every day. Which meant I saw her more than any of my other friends, other than Kat who actually worked with me.

And now here she was, cruising along beside me, easily inserting herself into another part of my life. I'd never had a friend who showed any interest in going out on the road with me. Road work had always been a solitary exercise, except when I was doing a race.

As we reached the crest at the top of Capitol Hill, she raised both arms, fists above her head, balancing her bike as she pedaled and yelled, "Yes! We are triumphant!" Then, as we took the left onto First Street, she started singing,

We are the champions, w-e-e-e-e are the champions!

I shook my head at her, smiling as we cruised between the Supreme Court and the towering dome of the Capitol building. I hit the pause for the music on my phone then started singing with her.

No time for losers, 'cause we are the champions!

Of the w-o-o-o-r-l-d!

As we zipped into the downtown area, sticking to the bike lanes, I realized being Addison's friend was going to make it harder than ever for me to find a boyfriend I'd be happy with. Hanging out with her was making any guy I dated have to measure up to a much higher standard.

Not for the first time, I found myself thinking, Sometimes I feel like it's too bad I'm not gay.

To be continued...

For those of you who haven't read my series, Hard Landing, Liz's racing playlist is called 'The Set List' and is a collection of songs performed by The Rotors in that series. It's available on Spotify and the link to the playlist can be found in the 'CONTACT' tab of my author page. I always appreciate getting follows on my playlist.