All Comments on 'When Everything isn't Enough'

by trigudis

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
The_PedantThe_Pedantalmost 6 years ago
Loving Wives

Not romantic.

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
EVERY THING IS NOT ALWAYS EVERYTHING

there are doors, windows, hallways.kitchens and kids, TK U MLJ LV NV

trigudistrigudisalmost 6 years agoAuthor
To The Pedant

This could go either way. I thought of putting it in Loving Wives. However, most of the romantic action takes place between Jenny and Brayden. Conrad never makes a full appearance and has no dialogue except for that brief phone conversation.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 6 years ago
Wrong catagory

Should be in LW. Jenny will soon be living alone and having other one night stands. The courts will leave the kid with Conrad as the primary care giver. He will get the house, child support and alimony. Then her six figures will spend like four figures. Stupid and greedy.

cpl8140cpl8140almost 6 years ago
Part ll ?

Nice writing but it seems to be a beginning, not a whole story.

trigudistrigudisalmost 6 years agoAuthor
cpl8140

You're right. I do plan to write a follow-up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
it shows a wife can't handle head of house whole money wise.

the world owe her more for taking up the slat.so her family isn't important anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Goose and gander

Hope your continuation has her getting caught and burned

HeelGuy9800HeelGuy9800almost 6 years ago
Great writing about what people think

I appreciate good writing about what goes through people’s minds as what they are doing when they know hat they are dong is wrong but emotions overtake them. Many people like to believe that we can make logical decisions but many of us are ruled by our emotions. Cheating on your spouse is wrong, no doubt and everyone’s is going to suffer. I am giving it a five because the of the writing. Many anon's on here give low scores because of the plot. I don’t agree with cheating but I appreciate good writing.

trigudistrigudisalmost 6 years agoAuthor
HeelGuy9800

Thanks for your kind comments. You're right - I've received some low scores here because of the plot, because some readers can't stand spouses that cheat. I don't much like them either but it's a fact of life. With cheating comes conflict (internal and external) that begets drama that begets, hopefully, enough readers interested to keep reading my work.

boatbummboatbummalmost 6 years ago
To Cheat, Or Not To Cheat

That is the question. And as good as the story is, this is the crux of the tale, not the romance (which seems more like "falling in out-of-town lust" to me). It really belongs in LW, as others have suggested.

I've enjoyed some of your other stories, and look forward to reading more of your work. Thanks for this little quickie! Five * of course.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
wrong category

Infidelity does NOT belong in 'romance' - try 'erotic couplings'.

Your're also right. There are those of us who hate infidelity. For me, that ...distaste was reinforced when my ex-wife threw her affair in my face in front of the kids, and then had the gall to introduce me to her paramour. The only think that kept me from killing either one or both of them was the fact that a parent can't get custody of their children while in a prison cell.

Storm113Storm113almost 6 years ago
Cheating slut

Wrong category, should be loving wives. 1* for a romance. Cheating is not romance!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
You write well.

I don't know how someone can be married for a decade or two without being unfaithful in mind or body. For me it was emotional when I met someone who would have been out of my league at any other time while my marriage was in turmoil. For some reason I had no fear that my new crush would reject my pursuit. But I broke it off. I didn't want to harm my children. Plus my wife threatened to ruin the other woman's reputation with people who mattered.

So I can't claim to be pure even though I never thought I'd do something like that.

Those of you who are so vocal about hating infidelity either live in the woods or are lying to yourselves. I was forced to admit to myself that I too had fallen. Now it's not so easy to hate and condemn. Along with the shame came pain of losing someone who I had loved fiercely, and will always love. This has taken a long time to lessen.

These things never end well.

Maybe this should have been in Loving Wives but wherever it belongs I'm glad I read it and look forward to the next chapter.

R.

HTW2HTW2almost 6 years ago
Deserve low scores just because you placed this in Romance

If you continue this story I hope she gets caught, has an emotional breakdown and loses everything - because he’s just cheating on his wife too and the PI is following him! This “poor me” is pretty sickening to justify. It was very obvious from the beginning that the “very nice “ doctor was just an opportunist. She is shallow tofall for his BS. He is sad about his wife cheating on him but has no trouble trying to convince her it’s ok in her marriage. Why does she even believe him?

northbaybearnorthbaybearalmost 6 years ago
What One Believes About Everything May Not Be Everything.

It's easy and not wrong for some to react most strongly to the illicit behavior by the woman. Putting myself in her husband's place, I would be pissed-off. I would feel betrayed and doubt I could trust her again—to believe her devotion was to me.

You write well and honestly of what goes on within someone in the dilemma of feelings and consequences a person could experience. I enjoyed the story for its reality, questions it raised, and the passion, needful, desired, and experienced.

Thanks for a very fine story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
TWO FOLD PROBLEM

First off she is nothing but a cheating cunt. She set out to cheat. If she is that unhappy with all the deficiencies in her poor ol uneducated non philosophical husband, divorce him, don't fuck him over.

Second, this slime ball doctor, who supposedly has been cheated on by his wife sure is quick to jump into bed with another married person. His story of being cheated on is most likely bullshit since someone recently cheated on is not really going to cheat themselves. (too many thoughts of what was just done to them)

This shit story fits perfect in Loving Wives

Next chapter, her husband needs to find out, divorce the cunt and take her to the cleaners and meet the hot single neighbor and live the happy life with the kids as a big new family.

The doctor needs to be beaten and have his hands crushed so he couldn't even beat off as paying his dues for cheating with the slut wife, then she can support his broken ass.

(just to be clear, I don't believe in Burn The Bitch only, ASSHOLE MALES that take part in cheating either as the main party or as the follower need to pay a price for their actions.)

NEW CATEGORY = BTBB = Burn The Bitches & Bastards

RTR10RTR10over 5 years ago

Actually trigudis, the anonymous commenters on this site just hate women who cheat. Check out the comments for stories where the man cheats...nothing. But I GET this woman, I feel like I KNOW this woman, hell I could BE this woman. A midlife crisis is mentioned in the story. It’s more than that. You get to a certain age, a certain point in your career, a certain point in your marriage & it’s like, “is this it?” Day after day, week after week, month, year....nothing changes. Each day bleeds into the next until you either go crazy, or do something, anything to shake things up. I’ve had friends go down the path of infidelity.....just to FEEL something again because they say they felt dead inside. So, I get this story. I’m looking forward to reading the next chapter

Swimming79Swimming79over 5 years ago
She will slip up

When her and Conrad are making love she will yell out Brandon's name and that's when her marriage dies. Then she will call Brandon and she will find out she was just pussy for the nite. Or better yet she calls his cell and finds out that he gave her a fak number. Either way she is screwed by her own actions.

Wen my wife worked late or travel for work I put a GPS tracker on her phone and call her frequently. I would all her on her cell and ask her what she doing and she would say she was watching TV in her room. I would have the bar send up a cilled bottle of champagne to her room. I would call the bar and ask how she liked the present and they would tell me she was not there. I would call her and say one word BUSTED!

chytownchytownover 5 years ago
Good Read****

Conrad will get child support alimony and, half of her pension. Oh I forgot they will split the sale of the house when the kids are of age!!! Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excellent Writing

But this really belongs with the other cheating wives stories in Loving Wives. I don't consider a pairing to be romantic when one or both partners are cheating, knowing the painful consequences the spouse and children will suffer.

payenbrantpayenbrantover 5 years ago
Good writing....

...but in the complete wrong category. This belongs in loving wives with all of the other cheating spouses. There is no true romance here. Just a shallow shadow of actual love.

fifteen16fifteen16over 5 years ago
Dinner

So he invites her for dinner at a Thai restaurant, not for a meal in a box like McDonalds or Burger King but to a restaurant. And he turns up wearing tan jeans, no class some people. Good yarn.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Thoughts

"Romance" vs "Loving Wives" - Yes, most of the "romantic action" takes place between her and Brayden, but the story isn't about the romance, it's about her cheating, which makes it Loving Wives! I see that Chapter 2 is in LW.

"Her husband still handsome despite his infirmity" - Except maybe in VERY extreme cases, I wasn't aware that arthritis affected outward appearance?

Her husband "whined" about his arthritis? Does she never "whine" when she doesn't feel well?

A successful executive nervous about a Power Point presentation? LOL, sounds more like a junior executive!

If Conrad had a successful business, why couldn't he hire workers to do the physical work? There might not be enough margin, at least at first, to pay himself much, but they obviously don't need his income anyway. Meanwhile, it keeps him productive, he could run it out of a home office, so still be there for the kids, maybe the business eventually grows into something producing significant income.

You don't need to go to college to have intellectual discussions. He just "looks at the pictures"? Really?

"All this is assuming that he's thinking along the same lines, that he wants to go beyond these barroom chats. So far, he's given no indication." - He hasn't? What do you call, "He takes her hand. Then, with his other hand, he brushes his fingers up her forearm, then raises it to touch her face?"

Now they're planning on continuing to meet? Definitely LW! How can she guarantee that Conrad never sees a text or something?

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
Well written, sadly realistic. Your writing is 5 ish, the plot could be too. I three'd this segment because of two deductions

Foremost, you come across as making a social observation/commentary with your title. That's GREAT, because we need the enlightened commentary. But it seemed you just observed and described the plausible yet indefensible behavior of two overgrown teenagers with hyperactive egos and designer intellects. There is some counter-balancing analysis in there but not much. There are ways to subtly damn things in a story without ham-fisting into preaching.

The other reason I scored it lower is that I felt you could have given more attention to the fact they are Bourgeois, while banter back and forth like they think they are avant-garde. OR. Maybe you did, and it's just so subtle I missed it.DOH!

I am only saying this because you could be good as Rehnquist with a little tuning! Thanks for the substantial story, and for sharing, scoring, and comments!

trigudistrigudisover 5 years agoAuthor
To oldbearswitch

Thanks for reading and commenting. The only Rehnquist I know is the former Supreme Court Justice. Is there a writer you're comparing me with?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Rehnquist was the nym used by an excellent writer on Literotica

"Goin' Back Home Again" was a great single-chapter story.

FreedomBaseFreedomBaseover 5 years ago
A Rare Bird

I see the rich and educated have the same emotions and the EXACT same dilemma as the average people. You write very well. I'm impressed. I've had that time when Everything was not Enough because I knew I wasn't "marriage" material. We didn't get married. That was 20 years ago. In that time I learned "everything" clutters things up ~ AND ~ (my most important lesson) you only need enough. Thank you for writing and for your insight on so many of these issues.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Very realistic and know many who travel for work . It’s a cheating paradise as described to me. Same company or different travelers many are cheating. One tried to say either you trust or you don’t. I disagree because if given opportunity over and over again with very little risk to get caught majorities falls. His story could’ve be made up just to fuck her and even if single I’d never respect a woman who cheated when married. Her issues in marriage were really minor and after hearing her cry as her hubby says how he misses her and can’t wait to see while she has a strange cock in her makes her even more disgusting. She’s nothing but s self centered cheating cunt. A guy I know travels often and fucks only married woman. He said one was married 25 years and he’s fucked her about five time and once she was on the phone with hubbyjust like the story but he was slowly fucking her ass as they traded there miss you and I love yous. She should tell hubby she’s a cheating pig and that he should hook up with some of the stay at home moms that I’m sure are giving him attention. Very real feel to the story even the fake emotions she was going through because she was fucking him no matter what and after claiming to be cheated on he should never look to fuck a guys wife. Also for me she cheated by just going to dinner. Anything you won’t tell your spouse exactly what you were doing is cheating in my eyes

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Just another selfish heartless Cunt stories

It's clear she has nothing but contempt for her husband. Pathetic!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 5 years ago
Insightful presentation of selfishness

It’s a decent storyline, and well written. The main characters, though, are not likable.

Jenny knows she ‘settled’ for Conrad. The reality is that a man her equal, well educated and career driven, brings a different set of issues - primarily a constant struggle for household dominance. That’s a big deal, a big emotional drain on both.

So instead of trying to address the missing parts of her marriage, she chose to cheat. Okay, so now the surgeon and CEO are cheaters telling each other they want a significant relationship. How can either really trust the other, when both know the other is capable of cheating?

Not the greatest point to end a story... hope the sequel is good.

ojalalalaojalalalaover 4 years ago
So...

Where's the follow-up? Author has yet to decide the characters' fates?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
interesting

At least she shows "some" remorse and knows she is the one with issues of wanting even more. Poor woman will never be satisfied but at least Brayden is getting some sex now and then.

She should check for STD's. Even if she can't get pregnant you can still get at least Herpes from just kissing.

Brayden needs to get checked as well as this woman will no doubt get other lovers in between DC trips.

Flar1958Flar1958over 4 years ago
His wife ceated

and he does the same to another man? Not likeably person. Braydon is a seducer and maybe he is the main reason in his divorce. Jenny is to big on her self. Why do other ever think a stay at home dad is not worthy? Conrad haven t no chance he has arthrose. If you can t go like you are supposed can t lift your arm without pain it is worste enough. I know it from my left arm, now after OP 90% is good. And in this she think she can had all. Poor children!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A future affair waiting to happen

This should be in LW. Another spoiled wife who feels like she's missing out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

AND cheating starts And?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Romantic cheating? WTF, no. Just another fucking whore waiting to come out as her true self after years of hiding it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What the crap is this shit?? Shit that is it. So a doc was cheated on knowing how it feels then becomes the scummy seducer Willing to break up a family and this "bright intelligent" women is so damn dumb willing to lose it all. None of this makes any sense, when she even admits she has it great with her husband, so what drew her to stray?? Just stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a slut! Brayden is a player! Jenny is so dumb! Brayden probably is the real cheater in his marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So "in sickness and in health" meant nothing to the slut. Hope she has to have a double mastectomy soon.

Nasty56Nasty56over 1 year ago

Should not be in this category, sluts are in “loving wife”, no romance here.

MorovarMorovar12 months ago

2 Stars. Should've in LW!!!!

lover1953lover195311 months ago

And that's how one-night stands happen. And that's why you carry condoms. Good writing, short and to the point. Well done. 5 Stars.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyabout 2 months ago

So much romance for 2 people whom are still married and are parents....sheesh

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertrigudis@trigudis
Free-lance writer who enjoys reading mostly non-fiction but also Nicholas Sparks romance novels and "serious" lit (John Updike, Irwin Shaw, Philip Roth, Herman Wouk). I enjoy writing these stories because it entertains me as well as the readership. Lit is unique in that wri...