All Comments on 'When One Door Closes... Ch. 02'

by Scorpio44a

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
pumpdaddy71pumpdaddy71about 13 years ago
Good story

I liked the story but wished you had not went into Lee's family with them.

Your a really good writer. I like the way your stories flow

Phxray54Phxray54about 13 years ago
Thank you!

Lessons to learn. I have deep appreciation for the work you share with this community.

Tomba56Tomba56about 13 years ago
OK, I'm convinced

I will admit I was one of the critics who didn't want this new grouping to become involved with Lee's family. After reading this story however, I can easily see how the new family could experience a lot of heartache without a mentor to act as a guide. Without some outside enfluence to explain that the misgivings and conflicting emotions are normal and can be overcome, this new family could easily tear itself apart in a short time. Keep them coming, I'll keep reading and I'll try to reserve judgement until you've finished what you needed to say.

BreandanBreandanabout 13 years ago
This is a cake and eat it moment

I think you are right but not with my wife. However the question you raise about the nature and development of love is compellingn, so maybe its the answer that needs reviewing . Thanks for the confusion and a great story.

AeroielAeroielabout 13 years ago
Ugh!!

What a load of crap.

A well written load of crap, but crap just the same.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Bad editing

Unless I am totally confused Pete became Nick at the end.

BrismBrismabout 13 years ago
The Difference

Pat doesnt see the difference between what she did in Boston and San Fran and what happens at Lee's. Maybe a simple scenario will explain.

Two scenes with only the ending different. A man drives a van slowly down a street looking at the houses. He finds what he is looking for and pulls into the driveway. Walking to the door he knocks. When there is no answer he looks under the doormat and finds a key. Opening the door, he enters the house and sees a large TV. Picking up the the TV, he takes it to his van. After closing the door he drives away. In scene A he pulls up in front of a store with the sign reading Joe's Pawn shop. In Scene B he pulls up in front of a store with a sign reading Dave's TV repair. To a casual observer there is no difference in the scene's.

The differnce is that in scene A the man is a thief taking the TV only for his benefit and the detriment of the owners of the house. In Scene B the man is a TV repairman working for the benefit of everyone. He gets the benefit of a job well done and the owners of the house gets a fixed TV.

In Pat's case, what she did was only for her benefit and the detriment of Nick, Jenny, Carol and Mike. At Lee's it was for the benefit of everyone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Brism

You are so full of shit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Excellent

This is the reason I check your page each month to see what you have written. Thanks for another installment of hope and sanity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Great Story

I always enjoy your stories. they make me think. Thanks for another well written, well choreographed tale.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
WITH THE DOOR CLOSED

look out for Lizzie and her hatchet. TK U MLJ LV NV

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
Well I think Brism was prettyclose -

The analogy works well for me -

What Pat did was selfish and self centered as what everyone she was with was doing

What Pat is doing now is focused on giving and making other peoples lives better for her participation.

To most people looking from the outside in there is no difference apparent without paying close attention. Paying attention is part of communication and communication is a key component to a good relationship.

Thanks as always for sharing your writing,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Great story you should keep it going

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Chapter 1

Where's the first chapter of 'When One Door Closes'

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous