All Comments on 'Where I'm Supposed to Be'

by Bebop3

Sort by:
  • 103 Comments
stev2244stev2244over 5 years ago
Awesome story, Bebop

Great preview for the "wife sharing story with a decent plot" event on Dec, 3rd.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Keep dreaming on mate. This won't happen in real life. Dream on.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
One sweet story.

Thank you, Bebop3. This is as beautiful a story of the love of a man for his wife, of two friends for each other, of the tentative first steps to a new love, as I have ever seen. Expertly crafted, as all Bebop's stories are.

This comment is both my opinion of the story, and, by Bebop's permission, a promotion.

On December 3, I am giving an open invitation to any author who wants to try their hand at a "sharing" story. The description of the category includes the words, "Married extra-marital fun: swinging, sharing & more."

Most of the writers of my acquaintance write stories that would fall under the "and more" umbrella. Our complaint with the "swinging, sharing" stories is not in the subject matter, but in the writing. It is my opinion, and that of others who have said so on many occasions, that sometimes, such stories are poorly written masturbatory aids. They lack basic plot elements, characterization, and are just basically smut. There is nothing wrong with smut, but I have no interest in it, I do enjoy a well-written hot sharing story with a plot.

Anyone who chooses may write a sharing story and post it with the others. There will be at least 10 stories by names you will recognize if you read much in this category.

You are free to post any sort of story you choose, at any time, of course, but these are a certain type of story: sharing with a plot, why would anyone do such a thing, what do those involved get out of the arrangement, what are the benefits, ramifications, social constructs and etc. That is what I am interested in seeing.

If you want to contribute a story, please feel free to let me know. I will provide you with a tag and a note to the admin and arrange to have your story posted on Dec. 3. This is not a screening. I don't need to see the story, just your intent to post one so that it will be posted on the right day. If you need editing help, and as my time allows, I offer that service for the event as a one-time deal. Hope you enjoy the stories as much as I enjoyed this one. You can email me at blackrandl1958@gmail.com

Please note that is a lower case "L" and not an "I" in the email addy. Randi.

Sharing is Caring--December 3

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What a great story!

This is as good as anything I've read. Well worth all five stars I gave it.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
It's always good to see a new Bebop3 story posted.

You know they will be well written and plotted. It's nice to see the good guy come out ahead now and then. Nice story!

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years agoAuthor
Anonymous Who Wrote:

"Keep dreaming on mate. This won't happen in real life. Dream on."

That's why they call it fiction.

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 5 years ago
So glad the good guy won!

This was a great story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Thoughts

I had the pleasure of giving this a pre-post read, and just want to share a few thoughts.

I don't know why I didn't mention this earlier, but if the doctor wanted to keep things quiet, why did he have to do ANY time? I wold have insisted on the charges being dropped.

Pretty neat way of using the vases for money laundering.

When I first read this I wondered where the sharing was, then I realized that it was Matteo sharing Barbara with Anthony, just that it was a post-mortem sharing.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Absolutely

brutal and beautiful.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
And yeah

The linked PapaToad story is hilarious. Were that real life I would pay big money for a video of the events at the hotel door.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 5 years ago
Really

I REALLY like your writing style!

DrakenNoirDrakenNoirover 5 years ago
Talk About a Social Climbing Wanna Be.

Very good story. Covered a great range of emotions. Surprised the wife didn't try to get an upgrade after the divorce. Maybe taking care of three kids full time puts a damper on her social life? Glad the kids turned out to be his. Cancer is certainly no joke and it's effect on the family is rough to say the least.

Something of a sad story, but a very good one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Such an amazing contrast

One spouse feels only love for herself while the second spouse loves his wife so totally that after his death he wants her to be with someone they both love.

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 5 years ago
In one way

this story is heartbreaking. In another it is warm and fuzzy. It is a great read either way. We all should be so lucky to have a Matteo in our lives. To me, the way Anthony physically and mentally responded to Barbara gave us an idea of where the story was headed. But who cares. It was a enjoyable journey.

Thank you for sharing and thanks for your hard work. Great story.

Woodmanone

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
FAMILY AND BLOOD.....THICK AND THIN

relatives, in the end are where they should be, TK U MLJ LV NV

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
Very nice story.

I especially liked that the bitch eventually had a change of heart and tried to grow as a person.

I also liked the amateur fight scene. Most people really do not know how to fight and I enjoyed your illustration.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

good story but i would like to know what happened to the old wife and kids and what happens to him and barb

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Great

I really loved this story, straight through from the heartless cheating wife to future happiness with Barbara. Everything in the story worked for me. My only small question would be, why the sudden change in the ex wife's attitude. Bebop3, you are a force to be reckoned with.

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveover 5 years ago
Sentimental Hogwash

But I loved it and gave it 5 stars. Great job- send more.

patilliepatillieover 5 years ago
That is your best work yet

that I have read. Nice job, emotionally impactful, and tidy (3 pages). 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I figured the theme was going to be all swinging and stuff like that, which isn't my cup of tea, so I'm glad I took a chance and didn't skip this one, based on Bebop3's excellent track record. As usual, it was top shelf yeet inducement.

Thanks for the story.

Cog

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 5 years ago
Goodness

So much emotion packed into your short story. You make your readers begin to know your characters and the choices that they have to make. Thanks for sharing. Very enjoyable.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

I loved it! A potent mix of a horrific cheating wife, a dying best friend, and a happy ending with a kind and loving woman.

Oh, and I was really glad the kids were his, it would have been a huge downer if they weren't. Why did Camilla lie about that anyway? Or did she genuinely believe that was the truth? She seemed to get worried when he made a dig about the kids' parentage...

shaman43shaman43over 5 years ago
Ahh

This story was so well written that I felt inside like I do at night when I take a sip of my Metoxa and let the warmth slide down to my belly and warm me from the inside out.

GirlintheMoonGirlintheMoonover 5 years ago
YEET!

Thank you for sharing your awesome sharing story! Love your style.

luedonluedonover 5 years ago
That was a nice story

I liked it. I thought it was well written and quite complex in the situation it described and the emotions exhibited by the characters. Well worthy of five stars.

As other commenters have noted, the concept of posthumously "sharing" a wife is somewhat different. The bond between cousins Anthony and Matteo made his posthumous request seem quite logical. (Although I do hate that term "sharing". It's as though a wife is just a chattel. Clearly, the key decision here was Barbara's and Matteo's request was done for her happiness as much as to allow him to die content.)

I look forward to other "authors' attempts to to write stories about sharing a wife that is a bit off the beaten path".

The most beaten of LW paths is the one leading to a husband's reaction to a wife's adultery. This path usually commences with the way in which the husband discovers her infidelity. It may proceed via observation of the physical act, but then the path quickly diverges in one of two directions depending upon the husband's emotional reaction.

One way leads to 'consequences'. At the extreme is revenge and retribution -- so called BTB stories.

The other way leads to acceptance. At the extreme is subservient pleasure -- so-called Cuck stories.

What is common to BTB and Cuck stories is the focus on the husband's reactions and behaviours. It is comparatively rare for a LW story to focus on the wife's reactions and behaviours. The "extra-marital fun" being experienced by the wandering wife, or the reasons why she has done something which is so socially unaccepted are usually treated as incidental to the husband's reaction.

So I look forward to seeing which less beaten paths may be taken.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
5 stars!

Thanks for posting; please post again soon! No comments or suggestions. It was better than I could do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Good story, but was it necessary to keep repeating what Matteo did about the money? Do you think we're stupid and can't remember after a few paragraphs?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
If there a category for Loving Husbands.

Then this sure as hell qualifies. It was strong and emotive and succeeds without any of the sickening humiliation that too often seems a central ingredient in the minds of some, posting erroneously in this category. This also passes the gender swap test, still remaining a great human story.

Excellent work, Bebop3. You're now an auto include for my top 5 authors.

And here's another five for you.

*****

acupacupover 5 years ago
4 out of 5...

Only because it felt incomplete and there was no chapter number to let me know there was more to come.

Impo_64Impo_64over 5 years ago
For me this is a hymn about real friendship...

For me this is a hymn about real friendship...In the middle it has life happening, but always the friendship was there...We can disagree with some parts, but it's impossible not to say that this is a very good story...5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The wife had no redeeming qualities

The protagonist claimed to love his ex right up until he walked into the doctors office. I would like to know why. She had absolutely no redeeming qualities. She was a bad wife and a bad mother. Hell she was an awful person all the way around. What could he have possibly loved about her?

That gap in the story is why I gave it a four

gordo12gordo12over 5 years ago
Enjoyable

Well worth a 5* vote

AethurAethurover 5 years ago
Confused by Ex

The behavior of the ex left me really confused. Nothing was explained. Instead, you just piled on more confusing acts. Her "You'll ruin everything!" was never explained. The comments about the kids not being his was never explained, which was desperately needed after it was confirmed they were his. Then her later actions were never explored - the characters and readers all assumed an ulterior motive, but we never got there. The DVD "broke his soul", but everything said on it was (potentially) false. This needs to be explained. I have too many questions.

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
Good thing Matteo was worth at least a couple of million.

I mean my siblings are all millionaires too... Wait, no they're not. And wouldn't loan me, let alone give me, $1000 if I had cancer and needed to pay the premium to insurance to get groundbreaking new therapy with 99% cure. This right up there with being an ex-SEAL or being able to break into some computer (wife's personal, bank's or employer's computer by you or your best friend from the 3rd grade, who you've kept in touch with, even though one of you has moved hundreds, if not thousands, of miles away). And about half of the men here have served with the Marines, even though something like .5% of the general populace have been a Marine. The Marines must suck at marriages.

Ok, I guess this is the cuckold's version of Cinderella, with fairey god mothers (refer above) and bachelor princes (read as former SI model who moved in next door). The one realistic thing is the fight with the doctor. Hilarious. And I liked that HE went to the extra effort, through the lawyers, to try to stay together.

Of course well written. Even with my complaints above I like the story. And you know what? I still tear up when Old Yeller dies. 4-stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Am I not supposed to like this for some reason? To obvious, too contrived, to open ended?

Sorry, I like a good wine at a great (cheap!) price too. This was a good story, and the price, well . . .

It could have been much more interesting in terms of the wife's motivations and character flaws. But it was a sweet romance. I would be happy to learn more about these people and their successful romantic life together. But this was good, as is.

Thank you for your time and talent.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 5 years ago
:)

i like happy endings ty

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 5 years ago
Really

Good.

Nice switch up of the cheating bitch genrr

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 5 years ago
Great story...

Loved the story, but not sure where "sharing" played a part. SBrooks says it was a postmortem sharing, a couple of other theories were noted, but these cousins were really close so I don't see their relationship (Matteo, Barbara, and Anthony) being any different, whether you call it sharing or not.

I don't mean any of this as criticism, by the way, I'm just thinking out loud.

I suppose the author envisioned the sharing as part of the pairing-process Matteo initiated by "forcing" Barbara and Anthony to spend time together alone. Their's was a platonic brother/sister type of relationship while Matteo lived though, and we know "sharing" means something completely different in the Loving Wives category.

I guess I was expecting to see something more along the lines of "The Gift" by DreamCloud, which, besides being another excellent story, is similar in several respects. As I said though, I really liked this story; a fine tale well told. Thanks for posting Bebop. 5 stars.

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 5 years ago
nice to know

you can still find a little gem amongst all the dross.

5* story.

peter944peter944over 5 years ago
Should have been in romance...

But either way nicely written, well done.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
Lovely story. 5*****

It's good when the pain and anger dissipate and people begin to heal.

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingalmost 5 years ago
Thank you...

for the great story, even if you made me sob.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 5 years ago

Good story but only 9/10 completed, it only get a 4.8*, but could have been a solid 6*.

What happen to his kids - did he get them from his EX? Did he get any revenge on his lying/cheating EX or the doctor? I cannot believe the EX was not searching for her next sugar-daddy.... What affect did the EX's aloof attitude have on the kids? `

Did he start a new family with with Barb?

WakeupnowWakeupnowalmost 5 years ago
Where is the ending?

You spent three pages developing the story and characters only to pull the rug out of the rest of the story. Bad move!

unclejack32unclejack32almost 5 years ago
Great story but...

I love the story and the characters in it and I'm hoping that you will continue writing it until it reaches a satisfactory conclusion. I enjoyed the appetizer and the main course but I'm wondering what happened to my dessert and digestif.

DogFuzzDogFuzzalmost 5 years ago
Yes, Again

My second reading of your story and enjoyed it again. Thanks for sharing the love and compassion that family and friends can share for each other. Five!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Absolutely heartrending

A portrait of the two types of people that make up this world.

Those with honor and those without.

Sure, nothing new under the sun, right? Doesn't mean it's any less worthy. 5 from me, if it makes any difference.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

You're right, nothing original and nothing worthwhile.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
i liked the story

but the ending could have been longer. There is actually a lot to be resolved in my mind.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Five Star....

Enjoyable read. There will be some who would have liked more "pain" for the wayward wife, but who cares. It is obvious that "her husband" is gone and he is going to end up with a beautiful, loving, wife and children that love him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Scatological?

Wow! Does anybody uses that word? I dont. but maybe Im not educated or normal enough to know how to use such word.

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 4 years ago
Beautiful tale

Actually brought a tear to my eye, and that doesn't happen often.

5/5

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 4 years ago
Huh?

That's it? Left a ton of stuff un-finished.

CaOldDogCaOldDogabout 4 years ago
Great Story

Very emotional and very well written. This is a 5* story and while I would have enjoyed more - it was a complete wonderful story. Thank you!

linnearlinnearalmost 4 years ago
Heart Warming

A very nice story and emotional.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Nice, but feels a bit unfinished...

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

It ended to soon. What happened to his business with the christmas ornaments? Whats going on with his psycho ex-wife? Lots to cover with his new relationship with barbara. And of course his kids. Time for part 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good Story

I’ve read this story twice in the last month. As others have stated, there is too much missing. I’d have given you a better rating if you had addressed all the missing parts. What kind of relationship does Barbara develop with his kids? With a wife, a stable home life and the crazy ex not wanting to get a job plus the proof that she lied about him not being the father of the kids and a live color video of her doing the hasty with the doctor. Getting custody should be a hoot.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Decent

Decent story let down by the ending,leaving unanswered questions,did he marry Barbara,what happened to Camilla?.Finally,why didn't he sue the doctor?.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
I wonder what happened with Ted and Wendy (the foster kids selling veggies from the wagon).

Not quite a “Chekov’s gun”, but.... close.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Anonymous Nitpic readers are the problem, not the story. A writer can't add every detail or you will be whining that the story is too long. Same with how the story ends - you can't please everyone. Bebop wrote a very good story with a very good ending. You want a free story written like you think it should be written - WRITE IT YOURSELF!!! I know MY limitations as a writer and rather than making unintelligent comments I prefer to thank Bebop and the other fine writers that I enjoy for the gift they provide.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Loved it

I loved this story the first time that I read it and feel the same way this time. Just a great story.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 3 years ago
again

guess i liked it so much i rated it a 5 last time lol usually dont rate. any way this comment is Pauline French wth is that real i seen that name in stories a few times. is that name popular or something lol

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 3 years ago

I really don't like this one but I can't tell you why. I usually like bebops nonscifi stuff.

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

I like this story

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 3 years ago

Bebop3 has some pretty serious skills and they are on display in this one. Nice job, bit of tearjerker but a really good read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Enjoyed the story, but a lot if threads were left open. Ending could have been a bit more complete.

numbnutz49numbnutz49almost 3 years ago

Every story of Bebop3 I've read have been works of art. For a site known for erotic content the stories have very limited references to anything sexual. The characters are real, injured people and they work to overcome the bad things they face in life. Every story needs 2 more pages to wrap it up but the author kindly let's us finish it in our ownsequels. Definitely one of my favorite authors on this site!

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesalmost 3 years ago

Good story, but I dislike the bitch wife trope -- in this case, a "self-centered harridan". Well, you married her -- what does that make you?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just a detail... I think the only direct flight out of Pueblo (PUB) is twice a day to/from Denver.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

I should read all your stories again, wait a few months and read them again. Rinse and repeat

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Invisible bridge, it makes him an average guy who got suckered by a pretty face who was able to be charming when she wanted to be. Not uncommon at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What did Pauline French do for you????

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You know what Bebop does better than almost anyone? Sympathetic villains. It's hard to get someone to care about the bad guy while still rooting against them, but he does it, every time! Another good example is Marianne from The Peasants Are Revolting, an arrogant bitch obsessed with getting her way but still a caring mother. You cheer when she gets her just desserts, but you still go 'aww' after.

I love your stories, but I don't understand your obsession with Dr. Pepper-it's no Tahitian Treat, but it's fine! Good with bourbon. There's plenty of other culinary abominations to shit on-white chocolate is sweet mayonnaise with no vinegar, you bake cookies and cook bacon, carrot cake and zucchini bread and avocado toast, Grape Nuts-you're putting Dr. Pepper on a pedestal by trying so hard to knock it off!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Oh yeah? The sickest I ever got from drinking was mixing Dr Pepper and Jack Daniels. Forty years later I still won’t touch Dr Pepper. Jack Daniels, however, is another story. As long as it’s straight, on the rocks. But enough of that. Really good story Bebop. I personally would have liked a little more, but it’s your story. It’s still Five stars’ worth for me.

WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 2 years ago
quote sat down with a fifth of Jack unquote

Yah, look for the answers at the bottom of the bottle

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveabout 2 years ago

I guess I would have checked out what Afinitor was when I first saw it. 2 minute chore. Your protogonist is a very incurious man, especially after he sees Matteo having unusual physical symptoms. …

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Will never understand legendary (in their own minds) story critics who are COMPLETELY lost if every detail isn't spelled out. Very good story, thank you!

somewhere east of Omaha

sf1134sf1134almost 2 years ago

What a great story! Kudos! And it ended where it needed to: the end.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

rather amazing story. never thought one could get a marriage annulled after 15-20 years, unless you were Catholic and "donated" a lot of money. LOL

nixroxnixroxalmost 2 years ago

5 stars - great story - 2nd read.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

What a story... loved it. I had a close cousin that also died of a brain tumor. Not much anyone can do except support them as best as possible. Nice way to end the story, left it to our imaginations on how it played out. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really good tale, so filled with ups and downs its like a country road - going up a sharp hill only to go down the other side. Sorry it ended so soon. Think this is my third trip through!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good tale, but a lot of loose ends.

jflindersjflindersover 1 year ago

I liked this until taking Bebop's advice and reading Papatoad's story, which was good until the reconciliation at the end.

gentle_touch4ugentle_touch4uabout 1 year ago

Great story of love. Please continue to write and thank you.

BigfundrewBigfundrewabout 1 year ago

Dang it, you made me all teary eyed

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Gosh!

This seems so reasonable and true to life It hurts.

It's gotta be grade 5 plus writing.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Pretty damn great story. Thanks for sharing, Bebop.

5 stars.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger9 months ago

Excellent, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good tale. Five well earned stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

5 Stars on a Great read . I cannot top what JPB said as I consider him one of the best here .

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Dam it! How about including an ending!

GashlasherGashlasher5 months ago

Heartstrings pulled. Nicely done.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower5 months ago

Well-written with good character development, thanks for an excellent read.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A real tearjerker of a friendship. 5*s just for the relationship m/w MC and Matteo.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBebop3@Bebop3
I'm about 55,000 words into Secondhand Hearts, a new story in the Hop on the Bus series. If I can figure out a way to post it here without it being stolen and posted on Amazon, I should have it ready in about a week or so. There's someone who has stolen about eight of my stor...