White Christmas Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Almost like a magnet, David's eyes automatically flicked over to the photo collage of Ellie on his desk, and his heart constricted in longing. There were photos of her smiling and laughing, playfully grinning as he and different photographers had taken her picture.

He paused on his favorite image of her, a simple photo he'd taken on his phone earlier that year. It had been first thing in the morning, and his beautiful Ellie was sleepy and makeup-free. Her golden blonde hair was wild in her natural big, smooth curls, her delicate face serene and peaceful as she lay on their bed.

She'd looked stunning, as she always did, her perfectly proportioned face revealing a rare, almost fragile beauty that regularly brought him to his knees in awe. But on this particular morning, he'd wanted to capture something much more elusive.

It was her eyes, large and wide, that truly gripped him. A unique shade of blue-gray, her eyes had a bewitching way of nearly turning lavender in certain lighting. And on this particular morning, with the sun reflecting in her eyes, it was as if two pale violets were staring back at him. Ellie's eyes haunted him, and he would never tire of looking at her.

And while her features were exceptional, her smile was her true power. Ellie could charm and warm anyone with her wide, bright smile.

To his sorrow, David hadn't seen her smile in months, and he was more starved for it than ever.

His wife was slipping away from him, and he had a feeling she was also slipping away from herself. Ellie's despair seemed to only deepen as the days passed. He'd tried his best to offer her the type of support she needed, granting her space, suggesting therapy, but still it seemed as if he was failing in his duty to console and protect her.

David left his office and began to stroll through the quiet halls of the house he'd bought, and the homeshe'd made. While an architectural paragon, the sprawling Greenwich estate had only become meaningful to him once Ellie had moved in.

He found himself in the kitchen, and he noticed a lone piece of Ellie's stationary on the counter. In her neat handwriting, it looked like some kind of overly detailed checklist, blending English and his wife's native Swedish, with painstaking detail.

After scanning the page, he was able to quickly confirm that it was the list of everything Ellie planned on doing by herself before his family's arrival.

His chest constricted in love, and in sadness. Ellie really did try so hard each holiday to impress his family, taking personal responsibility over every last detail to ensure everyone's comfort and enjoyment.

And he was well aware of the fact that most of the time, her efforts went unthanked at best, and dismissed at worst. His mother in particular still hadn't given his young wife a fair chance.

Perhaps he hadn't supported her enough.

David quickly finished his drink, and folded the list in his back pocket. He couldn't let Ellie kill herself trying to attempt the impossible.

He needed to take action, and quickly, before his wife was lost to him forever.

Hopefully, she'd thank him for it one day.

12