All Comments on 'Who Are You?'

by Goldeniangel

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
smy3thsmy3thover 18 years ago
Very insightful & thought provoking

I came here looking for porn, and instead got the true meaning of life - Hope. I fear I fit the Pessimist description pretty well, and I can see the downside. It is better to hope and be dissapointed than to fear and be right. The pessimist is in a lose-lose situation. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
proliferate !

Your volume of work is huge, and you are wise beyond your years, I (thank you for your work here) and hope you are not getting side tracked from your true purpose in life. (which only you can really know)

PrizmaticPrizmaticover 17 years ago
Yeah, but pessimism is more fun...

I liked your essay--the grammar's good, the expression also good, and you stated your case well. So as far as writing ability, you have that nailed. I just have to say that in my experience pessimists are more interesting, have a sharper sense of humor, and are more realistic than optimists. Besides, optimists annoy the hell out of me. Who has a right to be that damn cheerful? The only reason they're cheerful in the first place is because they happen to have that kind of brain chemistry. I'm a card-carrying pessimist and I wouldn't change that. Most talented, creative, deep-thinking people are pessimists, so we must be doing something right.

But like I said, your writing's fine, so I give you a 75%!

pglass44pglass44almost 15 years ago
Okay...

You paint a black and white picture of life, one in which group A fears hope, and group B fears a lack of hope. Fear, then, is one thing that unites us all, but maybe that makes me a pessimist (because i acknowledge fear) or an optimist (Because I feel a sense of unity). What about the grey areas, in between? I feel that you have so much left to explore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
My mother coined me as an optimistic pessimist

In my live I have had several major "set backs" since I can remember. So I have a knack of mentally being prepared for the worse (but hope for the best). But when the worst doesn't happen,I very happy becouse the worst didn't happen (even when most would think the outcome was bad). No matter who it is,optimist or pessimist, that say the outcome of something is the worst possible outcome, I can easily tell them that they are wrong and point out a worst outcome. This ususlly make them better/happier...therefore I'm happier. Which is better the optimist or pessimist?...I don't know.It takes both to make the world. And I think we need both to keep in balance. Thank you for a well written piece.

Thanks again, R.G.

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
on the other hand...

...when someone accuses me of being a pessimist, I explain why they are incorrect in their language.

I am a Cynic, I consider pessimist's to be way too optimistic about Real Life situations.

When people tell me that I should be more emotionally 'positive' about life. My reply is that, I am 'positive' that we do not yet comprehend how desperate our situation really is.

That no situation is so bad, that it will not get worse for us. However, to quote Larry Niven, "When the situation is hopeless, it is useless to give up!"

For some weird reason quoting that quip always seems to cheer me up as I endure my miserable existence.

DarkAurther6969DarkAurther6969about 1 year ago

Hare's another analogy for you. "The Question Is Not Rather The Glass Is Half Full Or Half Empty No The Question Is What Kind Of Poison Is In The Glass"

Getting Fucked Over and Over and Over again in life like your Friend Lisa would force you to not only be a Pessimist but also think that way. Not All of us Have Happy Go Lucky Fairytail Lives.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGoldeniangel@Goldeniangel
For my erotic romance newsletter - https://smarturl.it/AngelNewsletter For my erotica / fetish / dark romance newsletter - https://smarturl.it/SinistreNewsletter Website: www.goldenangelromance.com You may notice some of my stories have disappeared... some of them will be s...