All Comments on 'Who Did It?'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 68 Comments
Kanga40Kanga40over 17 years ago
Great marriage

of a cheating story with CSI.

Loved it!!

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 17 years ago
Different take on a loving wives story

Different way to tell us of a cheating wife and consequences. It was a refreshing approach.

Thank you for taking all the time to give us this story in a mystery plot.

PT

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Another Good one DG!!!!

I don't know how you come up with story after story. Always a great read. This one was even different then usual but a great read.

an avid fan of DG Hears stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A Good Whodunnit

This was an excellent mystery and very compelling.

I couldn't put it down! Or, at least, stop scrolling!

You have an unerring touch for the little details that make your characters human.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
OK you

write a good story..Ever thoiught about submitting your stories to CSI?

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Interesting

something different, well, a different POV.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
always a great DG story

another good one... great new angle to boot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
same as usual

I always look for dg hear stories i don't bother with the title or description or category if it is written by dg hear i read it i've never been dissappointed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great Story

PLEASE do a lot more stores like this. You write GREAT stories I wish more writer's would learn from you. The stories on this site are going down hill bad. Keep up the good work and try to get more writers to do stories like yours. Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
good script

Indeed, this would make a good script for one of the CSI shows. Outstanding piece of work.

-- KVK

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good going

DG:

Why am I not surprised that you've told another great tale? Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
nice variation...thx

can i say that some of it seemed a little "Dragnetish" but perhaps that is inevitable when describing a detective story...i really enjoyed it

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
With a style change!

DG,

You have done it again, (I think I'm the 37th one to say that just on this story). When you try something different you really go for it. Well done and thank you sir!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Super story

You write great stories and this is another one. I love dedective stories.

Roger

hornyinwvhornyinwvover 17 years ago
Great Story

I really liked the story alot.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
Isn’t it great?

- when every one goes: ‘Yea yea another quality story by DG…what else is new?’ Still we have to do our duty, and tell DG again: Thanks for another overall fun; smooth read which you can’t stop, and when you do, you wish there was more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Yeah, I am another ...

who loved this story. I thought the use of the third person POV was great and is under utilized in cheating wives stories. The POV from either the cheating or victimized spouse has one significant disadvantge - objectivity. If you tell the story from the cheating or innocent spouse then we, the readers, heard the best spin from that perspective. So when the author writes less than credible basis for their actions there is the tendency for the reader to insert other rationale.

The only thing which did seem not credible is how the blood on got on Mark's shirt. A police officer would tell a suspect to lie down in the victim's blood? Shades of Johnny Cochran!

Thanks for a great story! I would like to read more about the adventures of Bobbie and Jim.

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
CSI.... Miami, probably

As always, interesting story. Ready to turn into a screen play. Might have worked in the following words: wit (witness), vic (victim), perp (perpetrator), unsub (unknown subject) and hinky (hinky) just to add to the atmosphere. Cop talk.

Y'all know that in real life CSIs don't interview wits or conduct searches, right?

PEATBOGPEATBOGover 17 years ago
A clever plot!!!

Thanks for a great story – a real TV style ‘Who Done It’! The clever plot and the very believable characters make it a CSI 'masterpiece'. Telling the tale from a third party POV is an excellent but underused ploy and other authors should try it. Can we look forward to more adventures of Bobbie and Jim?

niciniciover 17 years ago
Wow

Wow, this story was interesting! (And nicely written, btw.) It was suspenseful and thrilling to read. I’m going to have to read more of your stories. I liked this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Quality Read

Now this is a quality read, intelligently written with gorgeous flow. Oh, I just love a creative author who works at his craft. Thank you, DG, can we have another?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Excellent read

Perfectly paced-why don't you write a book commercially?

bornagainbornagainabout 17 years ago
Grissom

You should have included Grissom from CSI in the investigation then that would have been great i liked how you did the story around the CSI show you should do more like that thanks .

Pat

Atlanta,Ga

QuidProQQuidProQalmost 17 years ago
Pleasant Surprise!

I was surprised to read such a good yarn on here. Now after reading the other comments I'll have to read your other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
what good plot?

You've got to be joking. This writer should actually watch some crime t.v. before attempting to explain a murder investigation or police procedure.Sure the CSI guys wait till after the suspect is back at the station and showered(huh?-was Paris Hilton his cellmate?) before testing him, the dress was in the murderers trash on and on...At least no switching of names or tenses but overall laughable.

bruce22bruce22about 15 years ago
Delightful story!

Nice work. It escaped my attention the first time around.

Thanks, for your contributions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
droll

obviously outside your area of expertise

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Out of your element much?

clean miss, oh well, at least you tried.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
SCRIPTED ALL THE WAY

and a happy ending. TK U MLJ LV NV

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 12 years ago
argh -

Out of your element?? Like they would be in theirs -

It did flow a lot like an old Mike Hammer novel - and those were spectacularly successful so don't let the nay sayers ruin your fun. I am assuming you had some fun with this one. It was fun to read and fun to try to figure out the criminal I picked her early and dropped her you won -

Thanks for the fun -

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 12 years ago
Good job, as always DG.

Of course more sex would have been appreciated but a good story without it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good Writing

Good writing and no sad husband moping for his lost love!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I really liked this one....

surprised I missed it before. Good case, strong writing, and yes...perfect TV episode fodder. A nice change from alot of the LW standard fare, THANKYOU!

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Infdidelity

While I'm sure photos of the sex would be helpful, I think photos of her going into motel rooms with multiple men would be proof enough of her adultery.

As someone said, I don't think they were going to clean the rooms!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Homework Time, DG!

You wrote; "While I was there at the jail, I did run a test to see if he had discharged a gun lately. It came out negative but he had taken a shower after he was put in his cell. The residue, if any, could have possibly washed away."

The guy is supposed to be a CSI, and yet the very basics--gunshot powder residue tests on the person of the main suspect--are not taken BEFORE HE TAKES A SHOWER!!? This screw-up of yours makes the rest of this work unreadable.

Fix, please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
now that was a good one

loved how it unfolded...I like detective stories ...adds a lot of interest and fun....not surprised she was a cheating slut who spread it about and Aid's....just have to feel sorry for their partners who got it through them cheating with that slut whore....poor little rich bitch with no morals....

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 7 years ago
Second reading

A fine well developed story with a good story line.

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
HIV CHANGES LIFES

before, after and during the period, TK U MLJ LV NV

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatover 6 years ago
Thank you, once again

That one kept me scratching my head most of the way through.

RhomanovRhomanovover 6 years ago
*****

Not sure how I missed this ... great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Missed it too...........

until today. Different for LW catagory, and all the better for it ! *****.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story, but...

As others pointed out, they would have checked for gunshot residual immediately. Also, why did it take until the next day to get pictures from a digital camera? That would have been immediate. Several holes in an otherwise well thought out plot. I can't imagine everyone was fucking bareback. This proves the adage that when you sleep with someone you also sleep with everyone they've slept with. Please remember, "If you think she's spunky, cover your monkey."

As usual, your writing is excellent.

calflashcalflashover 5 years ago
good read

I'm going to overlook a few previously pointed out glitches as this was a well written entertaining read. Loved the end where Bobbi stated if I have panties on was his next case.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Wow

What a great story! It had a little bit of everything you could want in a story. Cheating, murder, aids, whores, sluts, lbc, bwc, anything LW can offer. I love how it worked out that the killer took out the cheating wife, her asshole father, and most of her lovers. The killer surprise was just giving on a good cake.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I normally dislike "Crime stories" BUT,,,

This was a great story! You need to write a few more like this! You have awesome potential as a writer

Tiger27Tiger27almost 5 years ago

DG Hear has great potential? Hell, he's been writing since before the creation of dirt. Me thinks an author should stop using those testosterone supplements.

Fantastic story and 5 stars!

justbobkcjustbobkcalmost 5 years ago
Pretty dark story all the way 'round

People often talk about "Luger" guns - and in this case a "9mm Luger" was used.

The Luger is the 9x19mm parabellum round. That's it, period. Many manufacturers make guns that fire that round and are therefore "Lugers" but that doesn't tell anyone much. Luger itself was not and never was a gun manufacturer.

It is like calling every gun an "automatic colt pistol" that uses the .45ACP round. Most guns that use this round are somewhat based on the M1911-A1 but there are many manufacturers beyond Colt that make even 1911's - and other non-1911 guns that use the .45 - like some of the Glocks.

justbobkcjustbobkcalmost 5 years ago
Oops -

On me. Luger invented the bullet but the first gun to use the bullet WAS called a "Luger" and it is what most of us think of as a "Luger" pistol made famous by WWII German officers carrying a version - either 9mm or a smaller 7.65mm (.30 caliber) version.

I tried to delete my previous posting but I don't know how to do that.

Sorry.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Read it again

Still one of the best cheating wife crime stories I've ever read. Yep, DG Hear has some potential as a writer.

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Good story

Very well told

mainer42mainer42almost 4 years ago

you never disappoint DG

BearcatfozzyBearcatfozzyabout 3 years ago

A fun and different story, great job as usual

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germanyalmost 3 years ago

@justbobkc

Georg Luger, an Austrian ex-military, constructed the gun you refer to on the basis of the Borchardt C93.. He was not a manufacturer or entrepreneur. The construction was modified a couple of times, by Luger himself for instance. The pistol was first made to use the 7.65mm parabellum round, later the 9mm round you mentioned. There are also a number of different barrel- lengths in existence. The pistol was first mass produced by German manufacturer DWM. It was called Automatic Parabellum Pistol, Borchardt-Luger System. This construction with it's distinctive knee joint is above average in it's mud resistance. The Swiss Army adopted it in 1901, the German Imperial Navy in 1906 and the German Army in 1908. These models are often referred to as the Model 1900 Parabellum, the Marinepistole 1904 and the Pistole Modell 1908 (Pistole 08). The (Borchardt-) Luger Pistol was also adopted by a number of other army and police forces from different countries. Of course there do exist other pistols which fire the mentioned rounds but are of different construction. However, these were never commonly called Lugers.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 3 years ago

Good story, different for the average Lit story. 4 stars

iseeyoufly1964iseeyoufly1964over 2 years ago

Great and crazy story...totally different from what I've read in the past...5 stars

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

That was a great story, especially the ending for Tony and Susan. These old HIV stories were pretty good.

SouthdownSouthdownover 2 years ago
Fine story, well told

This was a really interesting and teasing story. I suspected two others before I considered Mary but it was a great read, Thank You 5***** I also like the info on Lugers.I recall shooting one once, it felt sturdy and stable and it was a 9mm This story was a welcome change to some of the silly garbage in this category although some of the characters in them deserve the same fate as our victims here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent story. 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I loved the story-line, the suspense, the plot, the investigation depth and extent. Easily 5* Almost a masterpiece. I hope that Jim and Bobbie make it together.5*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Would love a sequel with more Jim and Bobbie. 5*

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

Good enjoyable, but hardly plausible story but i gave it 4*

BrookeTabbyBrookeTabbyover 1 year ago

Great blend of humor and mystery. I like your stories generally, and this may have been one of the best.

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

Why is it that the men always need to do the asking. In the age of me too, this can be career ending. And women who have crushes are simply willing to endlessly wait and never have a relationship, so just passively wait forever? Such a stupid practice perpetuated by keyboard strikers on free lit sites.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 1 year ago

A very good blend and story line definitely kept my interest. The story just gelled and the flow was great. Shame that the cheating wife can't be a character that reflects imagination, however L/W M/C's are all in one slut category or another. Good story and character development around the cheating slut makes this tale a cut above. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Four stars for the story. But I found it interesting that you have officers that examine crime scenes doing the investigate work of homicide detectives.. to me, it doesn't add up. JPB

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine12 months ago

Great story. Two comments:

1) Shouldn’t Jim be pulled off the case because the suspect is his friend? Conflict of interest.

2) Aren’t the police supposed to keep the details of evidence to themselves and not tell everything to the victim’s father?

FluidswallowerFluidswallower5 months ago

well-written and definitely held my attention throughout. Thanks for an excellent read.

goodshoes2goodshoes213 days ago

Sell it to the TV program producers. Would make a hell of a show. 5 +++++.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...