All Comments on 'Who Was That in My Bed? Ch. 03'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 47 Comments
bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Good Story

I have to admit that I was hoping for reconciliation from the beginning but I was about to torch it all when she invited Jame in. Perhaps she will tell Ben and perhaps not. Stay away from Everclear!

fregenfregenover 13 years ago
Okay, I liked it

You really took her all the way to the edge before backing off. How cruel.<P>

I like the fact that she was able to calm down enough to remember that she really loved him. And this is without Jennifer confessing all and confirming his story.<P>

I am not sure where Jack and Jennifer are going to wind up. He was able to screw Carrie without remembering any of it? Just how did he wind up with her anyway?<P>

Good riddence to Carl.<P>

Nice story. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Rambled too much.

Turned into a wimp story?

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
What a turn about in the story

Was enjoying the story right up to the point you turned the wannabe bikers into a bunch of wimp ass castrated men. Sharing the one you love with others really week dude!. Anyways I'm committed to finish reading to the end web as the story circles the bowl

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
After reading three chapters, I'm not quite sure what this story is about.....

I'm not sure if this is about soft swing, cheating, wimp fagot husbands, or what. I have enjoyed your stories in the past so I'll keep on reading but let's cut to chase because my head is hurting.

RehnquistRehnquistover 13 years ago
Is It Done?

The reason I ask is because this seems an appropriate place to stop. After all, the conflicts are fully resolved. Carrie has left Carl; Jennifer seems willing to now join in on the swinging lifestyle with Jack, which seems sad given that she's only doing it because she realizes Jack will do it with or without her; and Sheila and Ben are now back together.

Either way, this is--and has for all three installments been--a very well written story. Solid description, dialogue, and flow.

If I were to make one criticism, it's that you didn't really draw out or take full advantage of the existing conflicts you created. To the contrary, at the end Sheila and Ben are just back together. No dialogue, no tearful scene; just Jennifer appears, he rows to shore, and soon they're making out in the middle of the lake. Same with Jennifer: One minute she's furious at Jack and herself (for destroying Sheila and Ben's marriage), but the next she just joins in with Jack.

Still an excellent job!

m48gunnerm48gunnerover 13 years ago
Good Ending

Thanks for putting them back together, but ......it was kind of a strange group wasn't it! Didn't see a lot of remorse in Jen for what she had caused between Ben and Shelia...with best friends like that who needs .......

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
2 stars

for the story in general . I like this author but this one was not up to his standards . Nobody to like in this one .

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
This is not like you Magaman

Youi have too many whotes and to many cocks and it's easy to get lost. Who is fucking who anyway?

Blue88Blue88over 13 years ago
Good stuff

Very nicely done, I enjoyed it - and it ended on a perfect note, explanations not at all necessary. Thanks for an enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
So.

The Jack and Jennifer split up. Carrie and Carl split up. Why? both Carrie and Jennifer wanted to fuck around and become swingers Jack and Carl were happy to ablige. So why the change or heart? And why didn't Sheila fcuk James if he was such a "Nice" man? This story makes no sense. The only bit I agree with is Sheila and Ben staying married and Sheila NOT fucking James. Two wrongs NEVER make a right. The rest of the story? very confusing. Perhpas MGM could explain it all to us thick headed Anons?

0649d0649dover 13 years ago
makes perfect sense!

Carrie and Carl are exhibitionist and willing cuckold. It's not a wonder that he got dumped by Carrie.

Jack and Jennifer are easily understood; one is a cheater, then the other gets swirled in with the waste water.

Sheila's reaction to Ben was over the top but it was understandable. I am suspecting she was friends with Jennifer for much longer, and possibly thinks that Ben was the one who defiled her or let it happen. At the same time she hates Jennifer for what she's done.

She KNOWS Ben did not consent to it - he is the perfect husband. They are meant to be the perfect couple (apart from all the things they could grouch about, like how far apart and long her job takes her)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
One More...

...Chapter along the lines of an Epilogue....ie:

Jennifer, originally the upset monogamous type seeking revenge really would want a Ben/Sheila relationship. Not being uncomfortable with sex, I just wonder - she took the lead at the bar wanting to know where they were riding this weekend and who was she riding with. Wow, some excited biker guys now Jennifer willing! Now, I wonder, is she going to go each weekend with a different guy and when she has had all of them she leaves a note for hubby - 'Not My Thing -Have a Great Fucking LIfe', she just wanted to show him what it was like and do his friends.

Jennifer might also ask Sheila to have just a coffee and then apologize and totally redeem Ben with his comment about how glad she was home. Jennifer asked to be forgiven and tells her what she did to Jack and now is on her own, will play for awhile, the strange sex turned out to be erotic and then in time would hope to find a Ben - and then - would Sheila consider being friends.

I can see Jennifer (on her weekends) walking around holding hands, teasing, kissing, groping and kissing everywhere they would go and - of course -romantically heading off to a room with her weekend lover...all hot and erotic - too bad Jack - you asked for it.

MGM, I didn't have any problem with your story, all of the character parts made sense and with reason. I did worry about the quick divorce and refusal to talk. I traveled for years and met several Sheilas' and I'm referring to the ones that were still filing and feeling poor me and then the sex with 'Oh My God, I needed that' and when morning comes they don't want to stay in touch - just in case they reconsider their cheating husband. In other wards, the paper justified and made them feel that sex with someone else was perfectly okay and if they changed their mind - well, we were no longer married?

Okay, enough, you had me worried, I liked them and thought she found an excuse to have sex with James, she's quick witted and intelligent and the above scenario would have been an easy one - justification.

Nice ending...again - Thanks!!!

jasonnhjasonnhover 13 years ago
Pretty good

I think the Ben/Sheila reconciliation was good. The sex he had was unintentional and while he was drunk. Not OK but excusable. I'm glad she didn't screw James. I still have problems with her irrational anger. Ben better watch out for that. When something goes wrong she just explodes and won't talk about it. Not a prescription for a good relationship. She got over it the same way. Poof, anger gone and replaced by desire. I guess that's the way she is. <br><br>

The Carrie/Carl breakup, hummmmmmm? Carrie has been a bit of a slut and their marriage is open? Why is she suddenly fed up? It makes no sense. <br><br>

Neither does the Jen/Jack resolution. She has been monogamous and almost kicked Jack out over his affair. Jack seems to be a dog in search of a bitch. Jen is upset after the swap sex. Then poof, Jen shows up at his buddy's and is all set to swing. "If that's the way Jack wants it, that's the way it will be". HUH???? Where did that come from. It's certainly not from the Jen character as developed. <br><br>

I thought the story was overly long and rambled a bit. Ben, a major protagonist, fucks Jen, tries to quit his job (why?), and then goes to the lake and goes fishing waiting for .......??????? Waiting for Hurricane Sheila to blow past? I think it would have been more fulfilling if you worked on the thinking that these characters went through before their actions. What were Carrie's reasons for dropping Carl, etc. We had a lot of scenes but in a bunch of them nothing happened. Ben is lonely at the lake. But he does nothing about it. Jen is upset with Jack but talks to no one about it. Her "solution" is to arrange a swap getting Jack and Carrie together again; the coupling that created all the problems in the first place. Huh?<br><br>

Despite all the criticism I liked the story overall. Putting these 3 very different couples together was an interesting mix.

Risq_001Risq_001over 13 years ago
I have no problem with being wrong in an assumption, but....

Like a few said before me, if you sum it up:

Jack and Jennifer - She raped Ben in his drunken haze to get even with her husband having drunken sex with a drunken Carrie. You also find out that Jack's been cheating on her left and right for years, and while she believes he's always been honest with her about the only time she knows about, he has not. They end up deciding to swing, and because of that she also now decides to just sleep with anyone he wants her too.

????

Carl and Carrie - He's in to both swinging "and" getting cuckolded. She eventually decides to leave him after getting his permission to have sex with a few different other people, and go on dates with them, and then he acts surprised she leaves him for one of her dates and tries to get her back. Even though she supposedly professed her love for him and how he melted her heart enough to supposedly want to stay faithful to him. But one look at Ben's dick totally blew all that love right out the window because of how she fantasized about being with him.

????

Ben and Sheila - Ben still the only victim here while Sheila is off playing naked twister with another man in her hotel room, and just because he didn't get to break the field of play, after a really good hearted attempt, she feels she hadn't really cheated on Ben yet, even though she's been making out with this guy for several nights, lets him give her oral for a few minutes before they retire to the bed, and just because they didn't have genital sex, the reader is supposed to now believe that she's stayed reasonably faithful to her husband because she still loves him.

????

I guess, for me, you really victimized Ben badly in the story.

Sure all the other players got something bad out of it. Well except Sheila and Carrie. Carrie got all the guilt free sex she could and then traded up and Sheila pulled her Ross "We were on a break" moment and let another man give her oral in her hotel room after playing tongue tag with him for a couple nights. I'm sure if Ben had been there strapped to a chair watching it all it wouldn't have been an "alright" or "near miss" moment, right?

But what about good, ole, faithful Ben. The one who "all" the women want, but who really got "shafted" by everyone including his wife?

Kind of leaves a bad taste on your mouth because of what happened to him, and I really find it hard to call it a good ending when Ben gets shafted as badly as he was, and me as a reader is left with the feeling that even after he owned up to what happened to him (read being raped) because he felt it was the right thing to do, Sheila isn't ever going to admit to him what she's been up to and since he's so "DESPERATE" to have her back he'll never ask either.

Oh well I guess.

I know how hard it is to work out a believable premise, but guys who get victimized and then later never get some form of justice always come off looking like wimps when you make them so desperate to give in to the wives and let them get away with anything the wives do just to get them back.

It really doesn't matter if the character knows what happened in the story or not. The "reader" knows and they are the one's left with a bad tastes after receiving all the facts.

Specially when you make the main character a rape victim who continues to be victimized by everyone and just takes it to start off the story.

-Risq

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
It was okay

I will let everyone else debate the characters actions. People do fucked up things for no reason. I will comment on the wannabe bikers. Wannabes do not clear out bars, not anymore. Harley riders are a dime a dozen now. Doctors and lawyers who want to be cool. There is a saying amongst bikers...fifteen grand and fifteen miles don't make a biker. We laugh at assholes who spend thirty grand on a bike to ride to the bar on weekends. His bike will probably be stolen while he is in the bar. True riders love to ride, they keep their asses in the saddle. They don't haul their bikes on trailers. I respect other riders no matter what they ride. People who don't ride will never understand it. Someone parked a dirt bike on my knee a couple of months ago, that is why I have been commenting. Again, the story was okay.

magmamanmagmamanover 13 years agoAuthor
RE: It was OK

The bit about the bikers came from some true history, some guys I knew way back rode on weekends. There were five of them, and their gals on the back doing their best to out nasty each other.

They dressed up, loved heading to small taverns and yep, they cleared the old neighborhood folks out regularly.

The real local bikers, like the Jokers and few others around were never any trouble at all but that pretend bunch thought they were right out of the movies.

MGM

demantoiddemantoidover 13 years ago
Great story, but be careful what you wish for.

I had hoped the author would keep the story amongst the original six characters, boy do I regret that wish now. In the end, I had no feelings for any of them, which is far worst than liking or disliking the cast. None elicited any emotions from me, just dull and uncomfortable empathy. A character driven story like this needs someone to give SOME comic relief. It also needs a character who can bridge and segue all of the various players smoothly. Finally it needs one or two characters to be the focus for the reader and the rest of the players as the supporting cast. Ben and Sheila just missed and the rest really missed.

This story needed two or three more deveolemental chapters...chapters which I would have loved to have read by such a wonderful and brilliant author.

Despite my complaints, I enjoyed this story. Go figure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

LAUGHED at the want to be bad boy bikers. Love to see how they hold up against some real bikers. Probably get their asses kicked!

Jennifer deserves to be passed around like the tramp she is. She knows that Shelia and Ben's amrriage was almost ruined because of HER actions and her reaction is "oh well". Yeah some friend there. If she only knew that her jackass husband was even a bigger jackass than she thought. He get "massages" weekly and does fat psuedo-biker chicks. Winner there!

Don't get Carrie. They were both into the swinging thing but she leaves because she's "had enough". Yeah okay.

Only couple I cared about was Sheila and Ben. No Sheila wasn't off with another guy she went away for work. Sure she was tempted, and pretty much saw her marriage as over, but she didn't go through with it. Sheila was just as much a victim as Ben. Other people's actions effected HER marriage because he unknowingly cheated and her best friend was the one who did it. Glad they made it through this though.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 13 years ago
Wonder if another chapter is coming . . .

Although the author could end it here, I feel there really are some loose ends that could be tied up if one wishes to keep it neat and tidy. Others have essentially said the same in their comments. No real explanation for the behavior of most of the characters.

Do Ben and Sheila really get back together? The lake scene suggests it's just going to be make up sex. Not only is Sheila a controlling bitch, she appears dishonest (unlike Ben). I'd wager she won't tell Ben about her close encounter of the second kind with James, now will she?

Jack and Jennifer have a lot of communicating to do if their relationship is to really make it -- so far, both have become experts at lying and concealing (but I mostly blame Jack). Carrie leaves Carl without an explanation as-to why. So the story kind of leaves the reader hanging without resolving a lot of the conflicts. For all of these reasons, a fourth chapter would be very helpful. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
What risq said

I echo all his points.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Why is everyone on Sheila's side?

She had SEX with another man, it was oral sex, but that is still sex. Ben was Raped and he gets all the shit from Sheila. I hope he throws her in the lake. Another wimp and his slut story.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 13 years ago
A happy ending or is there more to be told?

Well written and an interesting story. A good twist at the end with her staying true to her husband.

Thanks for the read

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Loose ends

the story was great, interesting up to part 3, in part 3 it seemed rushed to say the least mainly at the end, after all the wife hated her best friend for her part but no answer to this it just seemed to rushed with a lot of answers hanging.

Risq_001Risq_001over 13 years ago
Uhhhmm Sheila wasn't a victim....

I've been trying to not double comment, but I read this and I just had to say one thing.

Someone said because Sheila's marriage was also effected by what happened to Ben she was just as much a victim as Ben was, and I say "No she wasn't!!"

Lets flip this around and reverse the roles, Ok?

My wife comes to me and says "Your best friend waited until I was drunk, and to get even with his wife for cheating on him he had sex with me in our bed and while I was in no condition to stop him. I thought he was you and when I realized he wasn't I found you and told you what happened because it wasn't my fault."

You know, the first thing I "don't" do is:

-Kick her out of the house blaming her for getting raped while drunk.

-Refuse to speak to her for a month

-Serve her with divorce papers

-Find the hot brunette with the fantastic body and the killer rack who has shown a lot of interest in me, and make out with her a couple times

-Have dinner and go dancing with that same woman a few times, but just keep my interested in her "barely" hidden while I do it.

-Let her into my hotel room and then let her give me four or five minutes of a very good blow job

-Right as I start to penetrate her, I jump up out of bed and go "I can't cheat on my wife" and stop.

-Where she then good naturedly "congratulates" me on maintaining my fidelity while the two of us share a couple naked, but non sexual, hugs in my hotel room before she leaves.

-And then I start thinking of oral sex as a "near miss" because I didn't blow a wad or penetrate her, and what happened was something beyond my control.

Sheila's character got most, if not "all" the facts, but yet she still turned on Ben and threw him out. Ben had no recourse but to sit and beg her to take him back.

The very definition of a victim is:

-a person who is deceived or cheated, as by his or her own emotions or ignorance, by the dishonesty of others, or by some impersonal agency: a victim of misplaced confidence; the victim of a swindler; a victim of an optical illusion

Or to sum it up, someone suffering by actions beyond their control.

Sheila's actions to what she did to "Ben" were within her control. She is only a victim of what Jennifer did to Ben, but not the decisions her character chose to make with that knowledge.

What Jennifer and Sheila did to Ben were not within his control. Not when Jennifer had sex with him when he was out of it, or when Sheila was having oral sex with another man in her hotel room on a trip. Ben had no control over any of those things. Those two women did.

Sheila was not a victim of anything but poor decision making.

-Risq

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
let down or who what now?

First, I agree with both of Risq's comments, especially the second one on the idea that Sheila was a victim. Only of Jennifer's actions, she caused most of her own problems and was just about to "round third and slide into home base" with her new lover she'd fantasized about earlier.

Anyway, the ending here seemed rushed and mostly unsatisfying. For all the character development, all of it ends with a small whimper. The only ending I bought was the Jack/Jennifer one. Jennifer going off the deep end from guilt despite her stated preferences for monogamy. Even then, magmaman you left it up in the air as to her motivations. Tolerable I guess for a short story but it left me wondering what was the point. Jack you wrote enough to get a basic view on his character to understand their ending.

Carl/Carrie makes no sense other than as a shocker twist ending. I actually felt sorry for him.

Ben/Sheila was just an unfullfilling boilerplate, walk off into the sunset ending.

3/5 tops

-Hexx

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
So frickin' what?

Sheila was a manipulating skank for making out with another guy and having oral sex when she thought her marriage was over? Ben was raped, I get that, so maybe the author should have made Woe Is Me Ben row off into the sunset with some younger, hotter woman to make up for all his pain. In reality how many people whether male or female, hasn't heard or used the whole "I was drunk and didn't know what I was doing" ploy to account for atrocious behavior? If it had been the other way around, the torch the bitch crowd would have still been crying foul because Sheila should have known better not to drink and "put" herself in that situation. And of course if it had been the other way around Sheila would not have admitted to it immediately, if at all, like her good as gold hubby because we all know that women are just lying, sneaky, cheatin' whores in the making.

MarvinSMarvinSover 12 years ago
I wish I could.

write a story as compelling as this one.

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
Perfection in Pose

You sure can put words together Mag

AdjectiveNounVerbAdjectiveNounVerbalmost 12 years ago
One hell of a man indeed.

James Martin, that's what stood out in this story for me. Especially since you'd introduced him like he was a predator... and then when she tells him "no", he listens to her and helps her get back to her husband. Nice curveball, magmaman.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
Oh Martin was a predator -

But one with some degree of ethics or scruples - he did manipulate the world to get her compromised when she was at her lowest and he would have done her if she had not woken up -

What he was not was a rapist - he accepted no as no that is better than many - so do not get too mushy about him he was after a married woman and would have done it.

More important is Ben started to grow up, Carrie escaped with some dignity, Sheila held on to her integriry - just barely, Jen gave up, Jack is an ass hat and Carl -- well he got what he deserved.

NICE story line well executed.

Jim44444Jim44444over 11 years ago
Great finish

I am glad Ben and Sheila got back together. Still can't understand why so many people got so upset about a story. Must have touched a nerve in their real life.

I don't consider what Sheila did as cheating, she had filed for divorce and was just waiting for the decree. The marriage ended along with any presumed exclusivity claims when she threw Ben out. The final decree is just a legal formality for society's benefit.

MGM you delivered again as expected. Best of all, you got the crazies foaming at the mouth.

Jim44444Jim44444over 11 years ago
Great finish

I am glad Ben and Sheila got back together. Still can't understand why so many people got so upset about a story. Must have touched a nerve in their real life.

I don't consider what Sheila did as cheating, she had filed for divorce and was just waiting for the decree. The marriage ended along with any presumed exclusivity claims when she threw Ben out. The final decree is just a legal formality for society's benefit.

MGM you delivered again as expected. Best of all, you got the crazies foaming at the mouth.

RhomanovRhomanovover 9 years ago
Yawn

To many loose ends from too many new threads.

IMO, the original cast undiluted would have worked better.

This just meandered .....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
☺ lol

cute i liked the ending

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Pretty good.

I gave it 4 stars.

Really glad she pulled her head out of her ass about Ben.

He was basically raped. He gave no consent to Jennifer.

Good wrap up. Made me feel good!

drjlcherrytreedrjlcherrytreeover 7 years ago
Light and sweet

Loved it, romantic and quite realistic

loveloverloveloveralmost 7 years ago
Great development!

Idiotic ending, no thought or preparation. Rewrite part 3, maybe have 4. This just trailed off. Sucks.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Undecided

Yes reconciliation but she did cheat

He didn't as he thought it was her but he did the drinking so he was at fault

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Please

You really need to add at least 2 more sentences to actually finish this damn story!

T.T.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 4 years ago
Interesting story.

The only real bad guys were Jennifer and Sheila however.

Ben was raped. He did not consent to Jennifer having her way with him.

He went to his own bedroom alone and fell asleep.

Jennifer raped him while he was drunk in his own bedroom in his home. She was a trusted friend and severely betrayed Ben and Sheila's trust and hospitality.

Ben was an all around good man. He told Sheila what he believed happened when he figured out something was wrong.

Sheila treated her raped husband like a criminal, threw him out of his own home and fucked around on him.

The rest of the crew were pretty low life characters but not villains though stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Sheila is a bitch. He's better off without her.

secretsalsecretsalabout 2 years ago

Their marriage dynamic seems a bit off, like she has his balls in a bag.

Might have been better off in the long run with the divorce, but can understand wanting to keep the gravy train going.

TonyspencerTonyspencerabout 2 years ago

Nice ending, righting a mistake. Looks like the only couple that survives the fallout.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Author needed to do a bit of rewriting and would have had quite a good story. Too much of a mess as it is.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

@Jim4444: the reason so many people considered what Sheila did as cheating was because of the way she treated her husband. HE did not cheat. He was raped by Jennifer. Rather than place the blame squarely on her “friend,” she placed it on the man she claimed to love with all of her heart. She should have been on Ben’s side even to the point of filing assault and rape charges against Jennifer. As a result, her filing for divorce was for the wrong reason. She was a bitch who threw an innocent man out of her life.

Did she cheat? Some would say, “yes.” And perhaps they’re right. The divorce was not final so technically she was still married. She had every intention of fucking James even though she still loved Ben deeply. Some would consider her stripping naked and allowing James to almost penetrate her before she changed her mind as cheating. Personally, I think she almost cheated. There was no penetration, no handjob, no blowjob. But there was kissing, so some consider that kissing. She stopped herself and James respected it. So, in my mind she did not cheat. I base this on my own experience. I was a road photographer and there was deep sexual attraction between myself and one of my schedulers. My last night there, we got hot and heavy, kissing and petting. God, she was hot! As I was unbuttoning her blouse, I remembered my wife and kids and could not complete the act. I went home and fucked my wife senseless. It was some of the best sex we had had since we started having kids. The wife didn’t know what hit her. Did I cheat? My wife would have said, ‘yes.’ But I say, ‘no, I did not.’

As for Sheila’s lawyer, if Sheila told him the truth about what happened, he failed her. Of all the characters in this story, the lawyer should have recognized what Jennifer did as rape and set Sheila straight. He didn’t. Most likely because either Sheila didn’t tell him the full story or because he was a greedy bastard who only saw dollar signs. He had an ethical responsibility to report the rape to the police and to explain to Sheila that Ben was innocent. So, if Sheila told him the full story, he should be disbarred for his failure to report the crime.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES