Who's Your Daddy?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,716 Followers

My dad yelled out, "Jerry, Jerry. What's wrong?"

I turned to him and cried, "It's not my baby, dad. It's not mine." Then I told them I needed to be alone and I would stop by to talk to them tomorrow.

I stopped by the nearest liquor store and picked up a bottle of whiskey and went home to my condo to think and drink. The next thing I knew it was morning and I had one hell of a hangover. I made a pot of coffee and took a shower. As I was drinking a cup of coffee the phone rang. It was my mother. She told me dad needed to talk to me. It was very important and asked if I could I come over to talk with him.

I told her I would be there within the hour. I asked if there was a problem with Susan or the baby? She said as far as she knew they were doing fine. This was just something that she and my dad wanted to talk to me about.

I arrived at my parents house about a half-hour later. Mom, dad and I sat down at the kitchen table. My dad was going to do the talking and mom was there for support and to pour the coffee. He started out by saying that Susan told them about the one time mistake with Mark. She didn't supply any details but just wanted everyone to know that she had no feelings for Mark. Susan's parents had asked her if we didn't get married whether she wanted to go after Mark for child support? She told them, "Aabsolutely not." The only man she wanted in her life was me. If I didn't want to marry her, she would raise little Jerry on her own. She didn't want Mark involved in her life at all.

What my dad said next really shocked me.

He asked me, "Jerry, did you ever notice that you are the only one in our family with red hair?"

"You always said I took after mom's side of the family a few generations back," I replied.

"The truth is, Jerry, I may not your biological dad. At least I'm not sure. Your mom and I were best friends and neighbors for years but not lovers. I always loved her but was afraid to tell her. One day when I got up the nerve to ask her out she accepted. She said she had always loved me too but didn't want to ruin our friendship. She had just broken off with an old boyfriend when we started dating. A couple of months into our intimate relationship, she found out she was pregnant. She told me I might not be the father because it seemed as though we started our relationship after the date the doctors calculated. I told her I didn't care, that I loved her and wanted to marry her as soon as possible. Six months later, you were born. You are my son, you have always been my son, and as far as I'm concerned I am your sperm donor. I never wanted a DNA done. I would just as soon keep that element of doubt. I love you, son, with all my heart. We are only telling you this now because you have a similar circumstance. You have a woman who truly loves you and a child that need a father. It's now up to you," he said.

"But I don't know if I could love another mans child dad." I spoke

Then my mom spoke. "Jerry, a father is the man who raises the child. Who gives the child a home. Who is there for all its needs. Who's there to support and teach and love that child at any cost. That's what your father did for you. He has loved you as much as any father could love a son. He was always there for you."

I began to cry, both my parents put their arms around me and held me. I got up, thanked them and headed for the hospital. Susan was supposed to be released sometime that day. As I arrived, I headed up to Susan's room. When I entered she was feeding little Jerry. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes. I walked up to her and gently kissed her on the forehead. Then I gently kissed little Jerry. As I looked at Susan, I told her that I loved her and would always be there for her and our baby.

The nurse came in with the official documents to be signed. She asked the mother's name for the birth certificate and I gave her Susan's name. Then she asked the father's name and as I looked at Susan I said, "Gerald Mayer," my official name. I signed and dated the documents.

A few minutes later Susan's parents arrived. When they saw me sitting there holding the baby her mother started crying. I looked over at them and asked if they could get the preacher to marry us that coming weekend. I wanted my wife and my son at my house.

We did get married that following weekend. We moved into our condo and set up the baby's room. Susan took a two-month leave of absence from her job. Once she started back her mom was going to be our official baby sitter. My parents were over all the time to see their grandson as well. I never had a paternity done. As far as I was concerned little Jerry was mine. We never spoke of Mark as being the sperm donor again. We were really happy. My dad was right. It takes a lot more than a sperm donor to be a father. I learned that the first time I changed a diaper.

That took place about four months ago. Susan is back at work and I'm doing good in my job also. We go out now and then but the special time in our life is when we are home as a family. Then we put little Jerry to bed and things get real special. We make love. Never again will I ever force myself on Susan. She is always there for me with open arms (and legs).

One day as I was holding little Jerry, Susan came in from work and said that in about seven months little Jerry was going to have a little sister who would probably have red hair. I looked up at Susan and smiled. Life is Good!

Thanks for reading my story
Comments welcome

DG Hear

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,716 Followers
12