All Comments on 'Wife wants Later Life Divorce'

by StoneyWebb

Sort by:
  • 123 Comments
Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 3 years ago

Why would the ex wife mock him? Seemed very forced.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 3 years ago

You succeeded in producing a good flash story!

5

KoxokKoxokabout 3 years ago

A bad thing happened to a selfish bitch? Too bad she threw away the only person who would have cared.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Sometimes Karma is a righteous bitch. You did a great job with this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Average, not much of a story here.....

kencorokencoroabout 3 years ago

Dining room? Can anyone clarify

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I usually like your stories but unfortunately this didn’t really do much for me.

jazzharpjazzharpabout 3 years ago
You wrote a complete story that was pathetic.

Joan's husband paralyzed? Why would Joan go out alone in her condition?

I made you a favorite to see what you wrote next. They've been rather pathetic, just like this one.

Don't let your number of followers go to your head. It is at least one less than it was.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Cruel on both sides

PowersworderPowersworderabout 3 years ago

You managed to pack a lot into that flash story.

It was a very satisfying karmic BtB, well done!

OdiouserOdiouserabout 3 years ago

Sort of anticlimactic, lacks any punch. Just some boring people with one couple coming out a bit better in their second life. Keep trying. We can use some good short stories.

DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMomabout 3 years ago

Finally, a writer that writes about reality. It seems that several writers on this site are having competitions to find the most ludicrous way of revenge. Usually involving the death of the party that committed the dire deed. Cheating is a vile thing to do to the one you supposedly love but it doesn't deserve a death sentence. On the other hand, shit happens as this story points out. My parents divorced because my 'darling' Father (note the sarcasm) was a cheating bastard. Do I hate him or wish him dead? No, I don't like him much and never saw much of him neither do I have a desire to do so. Thanks Stoney for the story

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 3 years ago

One of my fave authors. But this one was too short.

Very good but too short.

I was relieved the ex-husband didn't do anything physically harmful to the cheaters. Living the good life is such a good revenge.

superdandy123superdandy123about 3 years ago

i liked it. the ending was a bit extreme but overall, a good story.

i thought the writing could be more efficient since it's a flash story

it had some redundant info that would've kept the word count low like Joan's age, children's name, the boys were not close to Joan, the weight gain and sex performance sentence could've been combined with Joan's from the paragraph before.

and just shortening some sentences here and there like "thank god for my few really good friends." to "thank god for great friends" and "Fred, Paul, their wives, and I looked at Mandy in semi-shock" with "We were shocked" (also shouldn't Fred be John?).

The Style GuyThe Style Guyabout 3 years ago

You succeeded with a 5* flash! Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Gaahhhh. What a piece of crap. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

could be case to a romance if you had more about Mandy. But god bless Mandy for what she did at the dance. Good woman.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

LOL, she's been having an affair for a year, hits him with divorce papers the day he comes home from the hospital, then blames HIM that their adult sons disown her?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Ha ha ha ha ha ha........karma is a bitch

Loved it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Sorry Stoney, but she wasnt crying over her fat slob ex-husband. She stopped loving him 10 years before the divorce. Perhaps she was crying because the last time he danced by he offered to cut her steak for her.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago

I liked that too much! 5*****

It was sweet and I am a sucker for a happy ending.

McDingelMcDingelabout 3 years ago

Nice job given the word-count constraint.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Just because it's a flash story doesn't mean you can't put some emotion into it. You're right about it being a real talent. Some writers can say a lot in few words. You should stick to your regular stories, they're usually pretty good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It wasn’t predictable! Or filled with irony! Thanks

NipplesandwineNipplesandwineabout 3 years ago

Well you seem to have nailed it StoneyWebb! Good job thanks for the read

AbctoyAbctoyabout 3 years ago

good short story

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 3 years ago

Short and not so sweet but satisfying.

Robby_DRobby_Dabout 3 years ago

Sorry Stoney. A story about a man who gets shit on by his wife and a man who he despises, and does nothing about it because he is a self-acknowledged wimp just isn't very inspiring.

gordo12gordo12about 3 years ago

I think you did pretty damn good!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Anonymous might see the emotions if they read ALL the story, not just lightly skimming it. 5 stars.

somewhere east of Omaha

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

Well-written, concise and interesting tale, and it didn't take you 75,000 words to do it! That gets you a 5/5 by itself. Oh, but if we only had bonus points!

kirei8kirei8about 3 years ago

Why do the victims always " feel sorry " for the abusers? What's wrong with an all out guffaw as you dance by? Or at least a very insincere " I'm sorry for your Karmic payback "

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Karma who?

The wife got exactly what she wanted. She did not spend her latter years taking care of a fat, sickly slob. She said nothing about a desire to avoid becoming a pitiful, semi-paralyzed slut.

BigJim48BigJim48about 3 years ago

I gave it a *4 but could not go higher due to the "I wanted revenge in the worst way but powerless to do anything. There was no way I could hurt either of them. I felt like such a loser." Why could he not get revenge? His bitch of a wife left him for a guy she had to have known he despised. Got a fixed heart, why not get some karma earlier???

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

Not bad even though I hate the 750 word challenge. I do really like kirei8 thoughts about abusers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Quite good for the attempt at a “flash” !

4****

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

Kismet!!!

I loved it, the bitch got hers, and he got his!!

Scores 5/5, well done Stoney

JonDoe315JonDoe315about 3 years ago

seemed alil rush but overall not bad. karma is a BITCH. glad the hubby got his happy ending

GreyDuckGreyDuckabout 3 years ago

Well done 'flash' story! Can you make it shorter??

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Good story, sadly it happens that way too often. Not the ending mind you, thats just for those of us who like to get our knickers twisted over a shitty wife.

Impo_64Impo_64about 3 years ago

Very good, even if I didn't believe that he felt sorry for her after all she did and said....4*

fritz51fritz51about 3 years ago

Writing a flash story of quality is an amazement to me. Great job.

fritz51fritz51about 3 years ago

Re: kirei8 - because sometimes the author wants to write a story with a M.C. that has class.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 3 years ago

I'll bet he's happy he didn't have to spend his golden years dealing with HOP a Long

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Not bad. Not bad at all. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So what was the point? He obviously did not know the woman he had been married to for years, and was unaware that she had lost all love and respect for him over a year before she asked for a divorce. What a shallow tepid distant marriage relationship that must have been. I hope he does a better job of engaging and occupying his new wife's mind and imagination.

The cripple bitch just got some bad breaks. I hope she can take it as well as she can dish it out.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Crap story. By the way Joan was crying because of the injuries to the love of her life not the no-mark who possibly fathered her children

cabbage01132cabbage01132about 3 years ago

5* very well done but i always think it's such a waste of a good storyline and characters on flash stories, it is just my opinion but stories like this deserve to be much longer, ramping up the cruelty, betrayal and karmic justice always makes a cheating wife story better.

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

Appreciate the challenge that brevity brings, but this comes across as more of an outline than an actual story. IMO, flash stories are best when they pick a few key moments from the character's arc and flesh them out while skipping or glossing over the less important parts. That gives it that unique rhythm. Here, there's none of that, no emotion evoked, no interesting turns in the story, so it's a bit flat. Probably a good writing exercise more than a finished product.

MitchFraellMitchFraellabout 3 years ago

Good enough but it is a story line that is much used

skruff101skruff101about 3 years ago

Sadly it’s only in fantasy that we all get what we deserve.

A short story that might have benefited from being longer, we’ll never know.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Yeaaah mon. Even if not, but...

Payback is‘a bitcha and her strippa name is‘a KARMA.

Yeah, Five Fat Spliffs fo ya, mon

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 3 years ago

Karma, but with a kiss ny ass

Rancher46Rancher46about 3 years ago

Karma is a bitch. Well done 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Dancing by her was the knife. Inviting her to sit at your table, with the associated sympathy and fawning concern would be the twist. An opportunity missed.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I loved it! Simple but elegant!

Diecast1Diecast1almost 3 years ago

A nice story that ended well for Jason. AAAA+++

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Some times the less said is better said. Not sure what Joan looked like but from your short discription of Mandy she sounds like the perfect woman for many, manny men not to overlook her willingness to put Joan in her place...the past.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Oh Yeah

Excellent! 'nuff said.

Five Stars

mac1729mac1729almost 3 years ago

Good story with the right amount of karma

sf_operative63sf_operative63almost 3 years ago

Excellent karma....5 stars

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartalmost 3 years ago

Short but sweet. Unlike Joan. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
*

lame

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I know she was a bitch, but I had a little sympathy for Joan at the end. Nowhere near enough to go back to her if I was in his place. Just a bit of...pity maybe?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

destroyEd by ugly ending. 1star

1Merlin1Merlinalmost 3 years ago

I'm just small, petty and vindictive enough to admit I enjoyed this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sweet! Another 5 for the Webb master! Can't get enough of the good guy winning, and the bad gal losing.

WittonWittonover 2 years ago

This was pretty bad. The only thing that saved it from a single star - besides the fact such scores are not counted - is that it was short

Every character and every plot twist was right off the checklist for BTB stories - a new love interest miraculously appears, the bitch loses her kids AND her new love interest etc etc

And the notion that three middle aged guys are going to make up a foresome

with a woman who drives as well as they do - women who hit the ball that well invariably are better on and around the greens than middle aged hackers

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 2 years ago
I'll Echo...

...the earlier comment.

The unfaithful ex-wife is clearly put in her place: The Past.

.

Not your best work, but a great stab at the 750 challenge. Thanks.

Keep 'em comin'.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

The start is good. Reason for leaving overweight slob is pretty realistic though it is likely that a woman would not put that into terms like that unless she is indeed a "bitch." But then the story unravels into "karma" plot. I really don't have any problem with that but it does sound rushed and mediocre. Sort of 2 stars. And sort of wasted time to write something like that.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars - not much to make it different from all the rest.

Helen1899Helen1899over 2 years ago

No substance, no much story, stick to your longer ones

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Helen seems to be clueless, did she not notice it is a SHORT STORY? Thank you for your tale.

somewhere east of Omaha

fredbrownfredbrownover 2 years ago

Agree this'un is a shorty but it doesn't take long to throw a grenade. Can't blame the wife for leaving but it was sure FuckU timing. Thanks for the tale .......

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

it does exist, believe me!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Joan and Harold both got theirs. If she's paralyzed, I wonder if she's still a whore? When Jason sees her out, he and Mandy ought to cook something up where he asks her to fast dance, then ask her where her husband Harold is. When she tells him, laugh in her face. Too bad he couldn't go to the nursing home and break some of the asshole's bones...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ant man that feels joy in someone else's injury is not a man. And it does not matter how much she has hurt him.

TonyspencerTonyspencerover 2 years ago

Short and very sweet.

Btrying2Btrying2over 2 years ago

Good job on your flash story. Concise and quite interesting. I did not feel cheated at all. Yep karma can get us all. Thanks fir sharing John

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

She is looking from the sidelines watching her wonderful life has danced away

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just too abbreviated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Stony found out how difficult it is to write an abbreviated story. Nice try. Three stars ⭐️ for effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

And he didnt have to lose weight! Can be himself, golf, go out with a nice woman. Awesome. Why remarry?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

@Xzy89c1, "Why would the ex wife mock him?" Because she's a bitch.

\

We're not given his weight, but putting on 25 pounds doesn't exactly make him a "fat slob."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Yeah , it’s undoubtedly difficult to add enough detail to give readers more than a rudimentary view of a flash story’s characters. Also this story seems choppy rather than smoothly delivered. Three stars ⭐️ for this one.

fredbrownfredbrownalmost 2 years ago

Perhaps we shouldn't carry grudges, a nice gesture would be to give her a gift as a peace offering. I would think a nice cane would be appropriate to buck up her spirits since she is now handicapped.

Lest we appear too nice, just make sure the cane is several inches too short, after all, being humped over is good for the bitch .......

WoodencavWoodencavalmost 2 years ago

Two wrongs don’t make a right! ⭐️

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years ago

I read it again and I liked it again. Yes, ex-wives will sometimes behave that way. Whether it is buyer's remorse or a need to fight old battles, I've seen it too many times. I do like a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I am guessing the rejected husband lost weight after the ex left and he golfed more. A new partner probably helped too. One wonders if the first one could not have done the same thing out of love. So, yeah, she was a true bitch. Poetic justice. Of course he could have been nice after her misfortune, which would only make her self-pity worse. The best revenge is living well... in this instance as being physically well(er). Good story.

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

Why do you think the wife felt remorse? The accident could have happened to anyone including her and her husband if they still been married. It has nothing to do with the affair nor the divorce.

TheGreyWolf81TheGreyWolf81over 1 year ago

@rn2711

It's Karma because she told her husband that "she wouldn't spend her life caring for a fat, sickly slob." Life is often the greatest ironic, even when we humans fail to see it. Just because a wife divorces her husband and end up living the golden life, doesn't mean true happiness follows... it simply means she is under the illusion of it. Fact is, life stays the same, it's just the person you are in a relationship with that stays the same.

Most women, for some mind-blowing reason, always seem to think that the grass is greener on the other side of the white picket fence; that they are somehow being held back or are deserving of better things, so on and so forth. Fact is, it isn't! And no, they are not. Life is like Russian roulette and what we never know what we will be served. If you aren't willing to tend to the 'garden' that is your relationship, you will lose it. It requires commitment. You cannot expect to have a relationship based on love alone. Most people seem to think you can -- the idea of the prince and princess falling in love and living the glittered life, happily ever after. There is a reason why you only see that on Disney+.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This might be the stupidest comment I've ever read on this site: >>rn2711: Why do you think the wife felt remorse? The accident could have happened to anyone including her and her husband if they still been married. It has nothing to do with the affair nor the divorce.<<

.

The accident occurred at a point in time under unique circumstances. Has she not divorced her husband, the chances are so great as to be incalculable that she and her original husband would've been in that exact place at that exact time. I'd suggest the fucklechuck read The Butterfly Effect.

oldguy1oldguy1over 1 year ago

No just move on, be kind. the best revenge is a life lived well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Short and sweet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"the best revenge is a life lived" superbly.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous