All Comments on 'Will'

by BlackShanglan

Sort by:
  • 72 Comments
minsueminsueabout 19 years ago
Triumphantly, tragically beautiful

I have no words to express how much this story moved me, Shanglan, though I keep trying.

Evil AlpacaEvil Alpacaabout 19 years ago
An eloquent masterpiece . . .

Is it any surprise that BlackShanglan wrote a beautiful, eloquent and suspenseful story that was sexual even without sex? Not to me.

carsonshepherdcarsonshepherdabout 19 years ago
I will never doubt...

that you can write any tale you set your mind to. Brilliantly done. This is your masterpiece.

So yeah... I like it.

ohhhdearohhhdearabout 19 years ago
Magical!

"Will" drew me in from the first sentient comment of the mare, though it took a while before i realized she was not human. All the magical elements of myth and fable are present, and it's an entrancing twist on the Robin Hood legend besides. I cried in frustration and grief at the ending.

The_FoolThe_Foolabout 19 years ago
Out of the box

Excellent story with wonderful twists. Certainly a nice stretch towards the unusual.

SlickTonySlickTonyabout 19 years ago
Worthy of its H and E

Truly amazing. I've read a lot of stories that were given an E rating that I didn't think were any better than mine, but this sure isn't one of them. The tale contains elements of Black Beauty and Robin Hood, with a kick of romance that has to be read to be believed. It is so overwhelming in its gorgeousness and passion that I decided to let my questions (dealing with biology) go unanswered. Hey, when a story works, it works.

BooMerengueBooMerengueabout 19 years ago
!

Shang! I cannot believe I liked this story, but I did- every word! Thank you, my friend.

angelicminxangelicminxabout 19 years ago
Awed...

As I began reading this story I checked the length and thought, "What have I gotten myself into?" but as I continued to read, the hours passed in a blur, my attention riveted by such a loving and passionate tale. A small peek into what true love must surely feel like! Brilliantly written, but I am beginning to expect nothing less from you!

Thank you for sharing your talents!

Dar~Dar~about 19 years ago
Intense

Shanglan, I can't believe how this piece drew me in. I read it in about 45 minutes, and I could not tear myself away. You truly are an artist. I am not even vaguely interested in this genre, as such, but you make anything you touch become gold. I am equally if not more impressed with this than with Hesperas. you are a treasure.

neonlyteneonlyteabout 19 years ago
Essential Reading

You have excelled yourself!

This story ranks amongst the most excellent works in the Literotica collection. Many writers struggle to capture the essence, meaning and sentiment of love and passion, I am envious that your words paint the picture so seemingly effortlessly and I can but imagine the struggle you had in drawing such elequence and clarity of thought and deed in a tale of a man and his steed.

LadyJeanneLadyJeanneabout 19 years ago
Gorgeous

piece of work! Your writing is impeccable and you've told an exquisite tale of love, trust, kindness and adventure. It serves as an elegant metaphor on human nature, as well. Brilliant. Thank you. LJ

teresawrites2uteresawrites2ualmost 19 years ago
A true piece of work...

is when you’re pulled into a story that is hard to read. I liked your response to a posting about vegetarian and look you up. This was the first story of yours I’ve read and have to say just like everyone else, thank you and please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Sie ist die Abstrakten

excellence, in it's purest form... sort of...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Oh my word

I loved this story, it was wonderful. It took me awhile before i got it that Shanglan was a horse and i love that it did. I just want to know more lol did they make it how and where did they live if they did, if not did they meet again in the christian Heaven or Hell, or better yet in their next life maybe both human this time or him being the horse lol that would be a twist. Ok i'll stop my ramblings and just state that this was a great story better than many that I have read and that I can't wait to read more of your works. :) Blessed Be

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Soul reached its perfection

This was marvelous. I, too, loved how the beginning left her race into shadows. For a while I wondered what kind of bondage would come out of this, and thought of quitting, but I am very glad that I didn't - this tale is just great, in story and in telling. And it is also a strange coincidence that I had just read another story of yours, also great Meer Kass. You are one talented writer!

bandruidbandruidover 18 years ago
Soul mates

Hauntingly beautiful, first tale in a long time that brought tears to my eyes.Love is love, it knows no physical borders, nor should it. Long live Shanglan!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wonderful!

You have a wonderful talent! I have not had tears brought to my eyes by a story in such a long time. Thank you.

LothianJavert

Stella_OmegaStella_Omegaover 18 years ago
A tale for houyhnhnms

If any there might still be...

A magnificent story, uniquely conceived and told impeccably.

What more can I say?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Shanglan

fantastic 10/10

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A magnificent tale

Tears sprang from my eyes at the end. As a farm girl i've often wondered what our animals thought of us. And our horses were the most understanding when i had a problem, or felt sad. They never judged me. Although i'm not a big fan of bestiality. i can understand where you are comming from. A truly epic tale, i was hooked from the first page. The way you progressed the story was truly inspired. My hats off to you my dear. I would absolutely love to hear more about these two heroes. Keep writing, we all love you.

Blessed Be,

Laurel

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Awesome!

Every now and then it's a real pleasure to run into pure talent such as this. This is a beautiful piece of work. I would love to read more about the characters, but as a writer myself, I do understand why some stories must have an abrupt ending. Well done! I hope you don't hide this "classic" within Literotica and it never goes mainstream. Good Luck!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Five is way too low of a score

I could wish that there was the option to give a higher score than five. This work deserves it. As much as I would like to know that Will and Shanglan surived, I think it would lessen the story to know whether they did or not. A truly gripping story, which depends entirely upon love, and not lust. If you are not yet a published author, you have the skill, and you certainly should be.

rgraham666rgraham666about 18 years ago
Brilliant

Such an excellent piece of work.

It took me to places I never thought to go. And I loved it.

Again, brilliant.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Damn

That was, simply put, amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Brilliant

I had to split reading this story over a couple of day since I did not have enough time when I started reading it. It pulled me back like few stories have ever done. I agree that if you are not already publishing books/stories professionaly you should be.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Unbeleivable

It is incredibly rare to find a story so stirring as to make your heart pause. Thankyou for creating such a beautiful tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Couldn't get by the first fucking page!

Was it a horse ...

Was it a girl...

Hell I don't even think I hit the bottom of the first page on this one!

NymzanSusaurenNymzanSusaurenover 16 years ago
Thanks for recommending this...

I must admit. I was raised on a farm and love animals, but not quite to the point of having all out sex with one.

The rest of the story felt very true.

In fact, it reminded me of a book I read once when I was a kid...Have you ever seen, "Piper, at the Gate"? You should look it up. If this is what you dream, you would love it.

J.K.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Brillant!

Farce or black comedy... this was absolutely hilarious. Stylistically overwrought and full of odd innuendo, how many call animals by sexualized names! Cunt indeed, lovely! I look forward to more satire of this vein. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
The Best!!!!

this is an amazing work!!!!

Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Wow!

I have no words to describe how wonderful this story is. 5 is too low a score.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Absolutely FANTASTIC!

I have never read a better story. Amazing pacing, exciting ending and all the wonderful details that filled my eyes to the end. Thank you. I didn't expect this and I'm so glad that I read it. I'll be looking for more. Please keep writing.

LadyMoanLadyMoanover 15 years ago
Book Worthy

Engaging. Heartfilled. Compelling. I can honestly say I never expected such a gem as this. You only inspire us to think beyond our boundries of what love truly is. I felt for Shanglan long before I realized she was a horse and you didn't disappoint me long after. If you are not already published, I strongly suggest you consider it. You have what a lot of readers want to see nowadays.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
heart warming

it was a grate story of true love and compasion. and i absolutly loved it. 100 out of 10

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
MY GOD!

I have NEVER read anything more beautiful in my life!! I was breathless the whole way...My God, you are AMAZING..words fail to even express what I feel at this moment...I have never felt such emotions, such clarity...You are truly amazing....My mind is in a whirl..I have to go back and read it all again..It is the most beautiful, wonderful "thing" I have ever read...I never have been a horse person, I think they are beautiful, but NEVER have I thought of their poor lives as you have made me think of them....I have always thought humans to be arrogant to think they are the only ones upon this earth with souls and a sentient being....you took that and made it so...

Thank you seems inadequate, but it's all I have......

You are a Maestro......

Humbly yours,

Annie raggedyannie608@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
bizarre

The style of writing is good and even excellent at times. But, it is way too overdone for the subject at hand. Not interesting and certainly not erotic.

jerin51jerin51over 13 years ago
uite another angle to a story

Although it may be a bit too fantastic I still like this story very much and it has also its erotic points! Refreshingly different! Keep going!

ChucklesNLovinChucklesNLovinalmost 13 years ago
Wow!

There aren't words that can express my love for this story. WOW!

auhunter04auhunter04almost 13 years ago
aye what a tale

Many a story, book and tale I have read, there may be some their equal but none I can think of that are grreater.

I once had such a horse that was my protector and my friend, and yes you could evven say therre.

I grew up and moved away frrom the ranch-ther was no place norr love forr me athat place,,, me frriend he was taken to the high country in Colorado and set free on a friend's ranch to live as frree as his life wouuld let Him. His body died this many years ago but his heart lives still with me

I say this not to brag about my self or even of my frieend but so you will underrstand when I say ...This a great a tale as I have ever rrread. To add anotherr verse to this masterrrpiece would only serve to weaken it and rrob it of its powerr.

so says I

--- a Horrseman with a horrse, nearing the end of his rruun

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

You have a flair for the language and this story is awesome. Keep writing pls and don't stop! You shld get this published!

bunny_earsbunny_earsabout 12 years ago
AMAZING

But what happens!? I can't live with the wondering of if they lived to be together or plunged to their death! Please, if you don't right a companion for this story, tell us what you envisioned happening :( pleeeeeaaase!

B x

kitteh_katkitteh_katalmost 12 years ago
oh

my gods, what happens?!

i need to know, it's not fair!

[whimper]

k_k

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wow!

Gorgeously written! while I didn't find the sex erotic that's just personal taste and certainly nothing against this dramatic and beautiful piece of literature.

P.S to kitty and bunny I'm pretty sure when you jump of the edge of a cliff on a horse its pretty obvious that you die at the bottom lol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
It goes to eleven!

Simply superb. Beyond words.... i did not read the story so much as feel it, and that is the hallmark of good writing.

As for what happens, while it's clear the author wants us to make up our own minds, i find myself seeing them land their leap on the other side, bits of rock falling from each edge, so close was it. Will patting and smoothing Shanglan's neck, and then looking back with a content smile at the duke's horsemen who stand dumbfounded. One even gets ordered to try and give chase, and they plummet, not even close to making it.

That's how i see it... but there are honestly so many ways... nearly there, she throws Will off and he makes it. or they crash, and inn the afterlife are together... given the story, either with he as a horse or she as a human.

So very, very good... any story that leaves the reader thinking on it for a good while deserves utmost praise. Well done.

bowlerhatbowlerhatover 11 years ago
Awesome

There just aren't enough stars

katgoddess1katgoddess1over 11 years ago
So beautiful.

I can picture them, there in the sunrise, forever in flight.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Oh my...........

....what a beautiful thing.

FirediamondFirediamondabout 11 years ago
Never would have thought

...that I'd enjoy a story about fucking a horse. That aside, this was an amazing story.

HyacinthBlueHyacinthBluealmost 11 years ago
So beautifully written

You truly have a gift for writing. While the idea of a man laying with a horse rather rebukes me (I was cringing at that part, to be truly honest), your wonderful writing style and the emotion you managed to convey into words had me going through the whole thing in one sitting -- leaving me with the strange, ambiguous feeling of wanting more while being certain that there could not have been any better way to end this beautiful piece. It feels to me that they are still there, still flying together. This was an amazing read. Thank you for it. I wish this was a book, so I could take it everywhere with me.

alexiarrosealexiarrosealmost 11 years ago
Wow.

I so rarely find a truly original piece of fiction anywhere, much less here. This is certainly that. And a brave, fiercely woven piece as well. So fresh and unexpected, and more than a little breathtaking. Please, please keep writing. Your voice is sorely needed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Sarah

Jessica

Parker

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Too Beautiful-

-how you make Shanglan so believable, as if she is another race, and not just "some dumb beast", keeps the story and sex from feeling like beastiality. As Will so perfectly pointed out, they had a connection of heart, soul and mind. Although beastiality is frowned upon, I felt interesting and delicious tingles and clenching from the anticipation Shanglan experienced when Will kissed and caressed her (not because she's a horse, but because the love and desire was so clearly expressed..it was impossible not to be affected). This is the 2nd time I've read this and won't be the last..Please write more... especially with these characters or one like Shanglan, or even their offspring- a centaur or equally intelligent 'horse' Pleaseeee (begs)

Yobo36Yobo36about 10 years ago
Awesome!

Found this story as one of Selena_Kitt's top 10 stories on Lit. Would never have come upon it otherwise.

All the elements of a truly GREAT story. Mahalo nui loa for writing an AMAZING story.

Yup, 5 stars not enough.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Ten Stars

One of the best stories I have ever read. This was a true love story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
.....

Damn.... I never thought i would see the day that I would get aroused by a man-horse coupling. I'm beginning to second guess myself.

P.S. A bloody brilliant tale, a love story for the ages

Dutchgirl82Dutchgirl82over 9 years ago
wow

bloody brilliant is as good as any description.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What else is there to say, but...

Praised be Macha, and praised by Epona, and praised be all the gods; and praised be the writer, for creating a story that manages to draw out so much emotion so readily.

A masterful work, that I cannot recommend enough. May your writing ever find inspiration and your days be well and true.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Wonderfully heartbreaking

This a really winderful stiry that touh my heart and made me cry ...really wonderfully written. Its heartbreaking too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I'm speechless

No words come to me. .I am bereft in the face of this wondrous tale.

J

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wow

I've never written any comments before this. Your story was so well written with such amazing content I was moved to write. The only thing I have to say that is neutral, not negative, is the love isn't my cup of tea. Yet I was captured by your writing by the time I knew where we were going in the tale and had to read it through. I'm so happy I did! Amazing job! I'd recommend this even if you're not into the love aspect as it is a remarkably well-written, engaging story.

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 8 years ago
Damn, I should hate you...

OK, first and foremost you put me near to tears with your finish... The only thing stopping me is the acceptance of the unbelievable... I'm willing to believe she was wrong about what she was capable of... That never having known love, she couldn't believe that the desire to save her love would give her a strength she thought past her...

Unfortunately, I also easily see them falling to their deaths... Hence, i could hate you...

As regards the physical love, I've actually read a number of mainstream Sci-Fi/Fantasy books that involved humans and animals... Or humans and aliens or humans and fantasy creatures...

The idea of him and a dumb animal together... Very bad. But that's not what she is... A person as dumb as your average animal is still a person and a horse as smart as an average human is still a horse... But having sex with someone as dumb as an animal can be wrong (just because of the intellect)... So maybe sex with an intelligent animal isn't wrong...?

Ah well... I'm going to still hope they live...

LOVED the story...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
awe inspiring

That was the most interesting and well written story i've read in long time. In my mind they made it.. but im a secret romantic

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wonderful

I had no expectations reading a story simply called 'Will'. Count me amazed and surprised. The story is so wonderfully written, so carefully planned out and like most commenters here, it took me a while to realize that Shanglen was a horse! That is the art of a great writer to let the reader believe something else when the facts were all there. Congratulations on a job well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Beautiful

/////////////what a beautiful story BlackShanglan. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
as powerful...

as Thelma and Louise

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
i felt their connection

when you find your soul and love and that love is returned it matters not what shape it takes. Beautiful, their last moment and this line too

We were bound, not to be sundered. I looked back at the gorge, then long into his eyes. Not to be parted again.

I could feel their desperation and commitment and when they leapt - im still crying. just beautiful

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Scary Good

This story is scary good. The bestiality thing was creepy, but I skipped it and was glad I did. Great story, 5 stars.

avengilineavengilineover 6 years ago
A Horse?!

I'm sorry...no lol...I'm still laughing cause here I am thinking it's a male alien, then I'm like no it's a slave. Then it said she. Then it said something that alerted me to the fact that it was a horse....and a guy had such a beautiful deep connection with a horse, but since I'm visual sex is really....yea no...cute. but no... It's like if the Native Boy in Spirit decided he loved Spirit's gf the mare and had sex..... this was a bucket of confusion...

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 6 years ago
Two years later...

and staying on my favorites...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Simply Stunning.

kiwiplumkiwiplumover 2 years ago

Beautifully crafted, unexpected and surprisingly enjoyable. Loved the way you didn't spell things out in a normal order.

RomanceLivesRomanceLives11 months ago

@bunny_ears @kitteh_kat As with Thelma and Louise, you decide for yourself whether they survive at the end. But the story has been told, either way. No sequel is needed.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous