All Comments on 'Winning the Lottery'

by FrancisMacomber

Sort by:
  • 194 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 11 years ago
Well La-Dee-Da !

Minimal surprises to be found this time out. This was well crafted & accomplished exactly what the author wanted to. The capitalist within me wants to say the main character was a fool for turning his back on the money.

There's more then a few articles, however, based on interviews with lottery winners who say the unluckiest day in their life was the day their number came up. My main qualm with the story was it's agenda and ultimate conclusion were so transparent. More quirks and wrinkles were begging to be inserted into all of the character expositions.

As a parable/ blueprint for life, this is first-rate reading . In terms of challenging a reader or it's talented author ...not so much.

m48gunnerm48gunnerabout 11 years ago
Good

So much better then what we have been getting on "loving wives" lately.

woodmanonewoodmanoneabout 11 years ago
Simple story line

but a good one. Well written and planned out. Nice little read.

I know it's just a story and that a writer's characters act and react the way the author wants them to However:

Marty's actions just aren't realistic. He could have gotten the same revenge on Louise and Bobby for half the money. In real life if Marty wanted the house so badly he could have bought out Louise's share.

As far as the "confession" Louise signed, Marty could have made the statement in front of the church congregation and if the people, especially the in-laws didn't believe him, the hell with them.

His real friends, Terry and Sally, believed him and stood by him. Again the hell with the rest of them; including his mother if she stands with Louise.

I guess my main problem is Marty paying Louise for screwing him over.

Thanks for the hard work and keep writing.

Woodmanone

JustForPostingJustForPostingabout 11 years ago
A new FM is always a treat

That said, LSD is correct: This was telegraphed in from the description.

Don't get me wrong: I enjoyed it for what it was, which includes being well-written and spun in vivid fashion.

But, as I said, it was just clear from the opening what was going to happen. The only surprise was just how incredibly in-your-face stupid Louise was at the end.

A bad FM is better than 99.9% of what appears under LW, and this was NOT a bad FM. I just wish we'd gotten a little more.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307about 11 years ago
A very realistic tale, indeed...

... I read somewhere a few years ago that over 50% of multi-million dollar lottery winners end up in bankruptcy court. It seems a lot of people are just like Louise. Getting lucky doesn't suddenly make you smarter. In fact, winning so much money will generally bring out your worst attributes, certainly greed among them. As most people know, greed will always get you in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
He could have...

Actually done a lot of good with half the lottery money, like help his family and donate to charity if he wanted to keep a good reputation. Instead a vile woman and her boy toy squandered it away living the good life.

Otherwise it was a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Burn the bitch

Better yet, burn the lottery ticket after all was made public and his good name was restored. He was so indifferent to money his burning the ticket would not have the slightest effect on his part in the story. It would also eliminate three pages of melodrama which was laughable at best.

PrideInsightPrideInsightabout 11 years ago
NICE ONE.......

........."Folks who are foolish and untrustworthy when they are poor don't get any better when they are rich.I couldn't see it ending any other way. ...."

He was quoting from experience......"she had him fooled while they were poor....made him realize he was untrustworthy by so easily swaying public opinion of him ."

Made him act foolish enough to give up all the money to get a confession the as bobby pointed out would be common knowledge soon enough and untrustworthy enough to not being able to see beyond his selfish need to vindicate himself and not see the needs of those he had been placed in a position to help.

ps why the fanatical need to convince people....mmmmm bugger would have probably cheated given a chance I inclined to think he did it convince himself....note lottery decision had not significant influence on Nancy's love for him.

karan9876karan9876about 11 years ago
Stupidity has a new name.

Stupidity has a new name. Not sure if it's FrancisMacomber or Martin.

The author who is such a gifted writer actually wrote such a stupid plot? Hard to believe. Marty gave up the entire lottery amount to that whore? Just not acceptable. If the author reads the comments he shall realise that a lot of people have shown great displeasure (and that's putting it mildly) at this.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

The character felt his good name was worth more than the money. I got no problem with that at all. A little character confusion in the second church scene. Not sure about the gun fight but no one ever complained about mission impossible or Star Wars so no real problem there. Nice story - sort of like "a life well lived is the best revenge."

Prefer burning the bitch down but he did get to kill someone so my blood lust is quenched.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 11 years ago
Aesop

Morality play from git-go to end. Sweetie is an unmitigated evil and ignernt bitch along with her Bull. Only surprise is that the Bull did not suggest offing Hubby to get all the money. Hubby is dyed-in-the-wool good, honest-labor blue collar worker unreservedly dedicated to Sweetie until she kicks Hubby in the teeth, then gripes about his blood on her shoe! Hubby doesn't even try to protect himself with a lawyer until she then kicks him in the nuts!

Revenge...sure! Hubby lets Evil Nature run its course and Sweetie is ruined without Hubby doing one blessed thing - except cursing her with ALL the Filthy Lucre!

3.5 which gets a 4* but just barely! Had to take an Alka-Seltzer after reading it ... with lime to cleanse my palate!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Grand

I liked how he knew her so well that she would destroy herself without any help on his part when it came to loosing all that money.

ebertoscarebertoscarabout 11 years ago

A bad story from a good writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
wasted 15 minutes of my lifetime

regret even beginning to read this crap

Zed56Zed56about 11 years ago
I Liked the Story

This is certainly not your best but an enjoyable read none the less. Compared to the other 4 stories posted in LW's today it Shakespearen in quality.Look forward to your next.

imhaplessimhaplessabout 11 years ago
Very entertaining

And, unfortunately for the Louises of the world, a lot of truth to it. 5

CreeperclawCreeperclawabout 11 years ago
HAHA IN THE END HE TRULY WON!!!

In all honesty was Louise a complete fucking idiot, she should hav known her little boy toy wasnt the reliable sort seeing as her adultery and scam to paint marty asd the bad guy WAS ALL HIS FAULT and hers. So she got the money, big fuckin deal. She also had the spending self control of a crack head in a cocaine lockup room. She blew through it all and wat does she hav to show for it. Formerly expensive worn out clothing, no job, no money, no husband or lover and a town that will surely snub her. Marty sacrificed to money but SO F*CKING WAT!! He now has a loving faithful wife, a beautiful growing family, a home, a steady job and friends. WHO REALLY LOST IN THE END?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
love most

of your stories but this is a piece of crap.

bruce22bruce22about 11 years ago
Interesting

Personally I would have classified the story as a Romance.. The wife was off-stage quickly. The negative reaction to his quitting his rights on the money does not take into account all the nervous tension dealing with the wife, her boy friend and above all those who feel entitled to sharing in the wealth. In this last category you will only find angry people, even among those who have received benefits. Personally I have no desire to be rich in money. It is a burden, and I really refuse to buy lottery tickets for fear of winning......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
True words were never spoken

Read the anonymous comment and have to tell you, this story points out humans and failures in their character and a departure to some of the stories here. You did an excellent job in sending the message that Forrest Gump said "stupid is what stupid does"

People who work and value life and family will succeed over material things, you can not take it with you when you leave this world. That is the message and some just don't get it....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Nice read.

Money cannot buy you love or health. The story was a little corny but the author made his point. But giving up 5million. When he would have gotten half made no sense .he still could have made it work for him. The author made him look like pretty stupid and uneducated.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 11 years ago
Morals

Lots of morals to this story, starting with don't hook up with looks without there being a person of substance housed within or you may end up something like Marty. Nice read, always like the cheater to get burned in the end. But he shoulda at least taken 25% of the cash over the 25 years ir whatever it was just to add longterm insult to injury.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartabout 11 years ago
Five star read!!

I can't find fault with anything. I was pleased to see the whore come crawling back broke and begging. Another fine Macomer tale. Well done!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
There are a lot of fools in the comment section here.

And they're the ones who are all about the money, just like that whore wife of his. That's the only thing that matters to them. Not doing the things you enjoy, not a wife that loves you or kids who adore you, not your good name, not a sister that respects you instead of what you can do for her and her husband in the recession, not any of life's other rewards. The only thing that matters to them is the money. Grow the fuck up. It's that attitude that make the lottery poison to so many lives and so many relationships. Sure, it has a potential for good, but it also destroys. Throw money at a stupid cheating whore and she's just going to destroy her life with it.

It was clear that she was an idiot when it came to money. What if she hadn't been a whore? She'd have destroyed their lives and their marriage with that money anyway.

Pretending the lottery money matters, money that was won in a moment of jackass good luck and not by earning or hard work is a fool's game played by diehard BTB'ers who don't understand what REALLY winning is. I enjoy a good BTB and he burned her in the best way possible - dropping the moral high road right on her fucking head. Giving her everything she wanted and letting her destroy herself with it.

Now she has nothing and he didn't have to lift a finger. He has everything that matters and didn't need a pot of gold to get it.

This is the best kind of BTB tale, not the kind where the husband turns into a psychotic fool who fucks endless parades of whores with a pot of lottery green.

Who cares about the money? What would you do if you won the lottery, besides fulfill a bunch of financial wet dreams?

Calling this plot stupid just because the guy isn't living like a 1%er is fucking stupid.

chytownchytownabout 11 years ago
Thanks***

For sharing,

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyabout 11 years ago
A Moral Lesson Wrapped in a LW Story

Some glaring need for editing, but a very good effort overall. Enjoyable good vs evil classic tale. Good guys and bad guys in clarity, with the good guys winning.

Sidney43Sidney43about 11 years ago

I agree with most others, split the money in half and buy her interest out in the house. Who gives a flying fuck what the rest of the town, or her parents think of you. He would have had a little more than two million which buys a lot of restful sleep.

As far as the rest of the story, pretty much saw the ending coming, but a nice read in any case.

Lord_GroLord_Groabout 11 years ago
I don't think this is on a par with your best work...

...but it's a good, serviceable story. It's biggest fault, I think, is that the outcome was pretty predictable. Still, it included all the necessary tropes, and it's well-written in a technical sense. Nice job.

Danger09Danger09about 11 years ago
This story kind of sucked ass

Who in their right fucking mind would give a cheating whore his entire lottery winning all so he can clear his name & for a old ass house that he could've bought the whore wife out of? This story was beyond stupid. After taxes that would've been $2.5 million each! I didn't like this story I thought you could've did way better. Marty was so stupid he's borderline retarded, I mean his actions made no fucking sense, he wanted to clear his name; who gives a fuck about what a bitch think? Fuck her family fuck his family for believing the whore & move the fuck on. What I wouldn't do is give the slut that betrayed me my half of $5 million --that's just dumb as fuck.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
NOBODY***

Could be that stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
A story that had good potential

The wife Louise is so hollow that it takes weakens the story considerably. She's such a lowlife that it leaves it difficult for the reader to have any interest in her - let alone any concern for her. And, yes, the readers should have been able to see something worthwhile in both Louise and Marty: it would have drawn them into the story much more. Instead, Louise is a one dimensional slut and we all knew from the beginning that she's going down, one way or another along with one note Bobby. A lot of sexual tension could have been built but that was all sucked out of the story with cartoon-ish main characters that this reader can't find much reason to care about.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Really?

You can be unethical and selfish as a poor or rich person. Likewise, you can be dumb regardless how much money you have. There is no need to be poor to get your good reputation back, but you sure do need to be dumb to give millions to your cheating wife. And the cheating wife needs to be really dumb to spend it all in two years!

The two main characters need more realistic thoughts, feelings, and actions to engage this reader in caring what they do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Verry funny,

On this site there are numerous different ways people get revenge on cheating partners. I another character here would give them 5 million, bizarre and amusing.

katibkatibabout 11 years ago
What?

I can't believe the degree of ignorance that is expressed in many of the comments here. Most commentators seem obsessed with two ideas: (1) the stupidity of giving up lottery winnings; and (2) Marty failed to b t b.

This is a well-written morality tale. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good Read

A very good read. Nothing wrong with character shown or "predictable" ending. I kept waiting for more sex but found myself liking the character and his connection to the "family" he takes on. I didn't miss reading about the sex at all.

I would say - who was richer, the ex or Marty? No question happiness couldn't be bought with the winnings. His happiness came in time, her's disappeared just as quickly.

King Solomon once said "Not only can cash not meet our deepest spiritual needs, it can distort our character if we set our focus on it and begin to "trust" in it!

Good work keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Incomplete

The story feels like an outline and is not really fleshed out. Like you rushed it to print or something. Not the usual development that you have in your stories.

Still liked it, keep up the writing, always love to read your stuff

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 11 years ago
Have it a 4, very well written

And all of you talking about he had integrity are full of shit. Everyone here wouldn't give a damn why they were getting a divorce. She could have him and the horse they rode in on. It was a good plot till it got to give her everything for her to sign a statement and leave the house. What I find funny is, her parent's believed what she said but his family didn't believe him. And these are the people he wants to know the truth. Really, he gave up 5 million for approval of people who were surposed to be on his side anyway, fuck her parents.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Rushed, I thought you said at the start that Louise's dad wasn't around anymore. I could be wrong, what happened with his sister, there's a big hole there. Could have been much better if not rushed and with less glaring holes in it like you got bored and just moved on to something else.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 11 years ago
Liked it but not the best from FMC

One slip that put me off was the second church scene, mentioned by another reader, where "Bobby" walked towards Louise' parents (it was Marty, not Bobby). There were some other errors as well, which is why this story lacked the usual polish seen in other stories by this author.

Still, I did like the flow of the story, even though the "Fisherman's Wife" ending was predictable. The shoot-out with John was unrealistic. John used Nancy for a shield, so Marty couldn't shoot (before the exercise trick). In real life, John would have shot Marty and the ending would have been very different.

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 11 years ago
Good plot

The plot in the story was good. Though I did think the story writing was a little rushed.

Some areas needed expanding.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago

It felt like you were trying to stay away from the typical cheating wife formula so prevalent on this site (e.g. Wife cheats, hubby discovers the affair, hubby burns the bitch, hubby finds another wife). Unfortunately, in doing so it came across as a bit underwhelming. These shorter stories tend to be more satisfying when they are formulaic. To truly accomplish what I feel you intended, it would have needed to be longer with better character development. Instead the hubby simply seems stupid and the wife a mere afterthought. The reader is left wondering how this guy was so caught off guard by his wife's divorce. Was he really that clueless? That's why what should have been the moral climax of the story (him signing away the money in return for his good name), instead appears ridiculously unreasonable. Having the wife return at the end should have been a vivid illustration that he did the right thing (I.e. money corrupts), instead it came across as a weak return to the LW formula (e.g. Wife returns to grovel at the feet of her ex hubby). Again, more development would have made these two events more fulfilling and in line with what I believe you were trying to do. Given its current state, why would the wife in this story bother to return?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Excellent

I disagree with the commenter's. I thought it was a great tale. A little predictable in my eyes, however, but it did not take away from the quality. He knew the ex-wife and the asshole would blow the money so he kept the sure thing in his mind, the house, and continued with the repairs. Of course he got very lucky with meeting Nancy but that's what makes this tale great. Predictable, but great. Love wins. Greed and adultery loses.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 11 years ago
Another 5* story from the master.

Nicely played!

Kate12345675Kate12345675about 11 years ago
Not your Best

But 100 % better than most of the rest !

Thank You for entertainment !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Husband revenge

These wronged husband revenge stories are utterly predictable. The wife is utterly unreasonable, her lover a meat head, her husband impeccably behaved, resourceful and clever enough to turn the tables beat the legal system and the wife's lover into the bargain and get the girl in the end.

I much prefer the stories where the wife carries the other man's child and utterly humiliates her husband by becoming a wanton whore, her husband despite all this, makes the best of it by learning to enjoy licking the steaming sperm of his wife's lovers from her quivering labia. These stories are not only more erotic, they're also much closer to the real everyday lives of most American men.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Yo Anon

I have no clue as to what America you are referring.. The America I live in treats cheating slut skank wives to a divorce taking everything including the kids and the house. Remember the tale is fiction. You must be one of those cum licking cuck husbands who enjoys a mouthful of cum from the wife's lovers while taking care of the lovers kid. You fucking disgust me. You and all like you. Be a fucking man, wimp.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Yeah

So I got issues. It even has me writing in South Philly slang. Fuck

RedbeakRedbeakabout 11 years ago
Below standard

The author has done some great work in the past and I always begin to read any new contribution of his to this site with eager anticipation, but this is well below the usual standard. Neither the characters nor the plot are at all convincing, and the final attempt at reconciliation was so predictable.

DunaDunaabout 11 years ago
Good story, but not the best from Francis

Generally a lottery can remain for a life at smart people. However there were more lottery winner, who became poor after 5-6 years money spending without job in Hungary.

The story is not wrong, but the commenters are right 80% of Francis's stories are better than this story is.

DunaDunaabout 11 years ago
Old true.....

I gave 5*****. The good job and a good woman mate is better than lottery money with a whore.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I gave it 5 stars

...partly because the story is one of the most believable and realistic ones I have read on here in a long time. If there are detractors in the comments section(which I have not read as yet, but I bet there are a few), they can blow it out their ass in chunks.

Also, partly because through a little bit of life experience, I can tell you that the hero's choices and motivations were bang-on, and he was right on the money when he 'predicted' the fast lifestyle, burn-through of their windfall, then downfall of the two cheats.

The only criticism I can offer, was that although I enjoyed the read, it sometimes felt like I was reading a synopsis instead of the story. For some reason, I did not connect emotionally with any of the characters.

But on the whole, I loved the story and the moral tale. In the real world, we can't all be Rambo, and we can't all be geniuses who somehow outwit the bad guys and leave them destitute, alone and in physical pain.

Even though the writing felt a little stilted, it is still a great moral tale. Money and possessions are not everything in life, despite what a lot of people think. The author's comment that 'keeping his good name' was worth every penny, is right.

If anyone thinks Marty's a loser for letting 'the easy life' go so readily, then they are pretty much as stupid as Bobby and Louise. The real joy in life is the journey. Being able to hold your head high, gathering family and true friends around you who know you for who you really are, mean so much more.

Anything else is just bling and bull-dust, and if you live your life like a fool, you'll die like a fool, and you won't be mourned a whole lot.

So thanks, author, for a good tale. Just try to flesh out the characters a little more... at least the ones we are meant to like.

cpetecpeteabout 11 years ago
well done

nice tale, good story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

The last line did it for me. 5*

monkcalmmonkcalmalmost 11 years ago
you tell a good story

millions vs a good woman....... hmmmmm.... yeah right a good woman equals a good wife which in turns will make a great life, there is no contest to be had for quantity verse quality tis quality in life and wife that is better to be had.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
B

S. BUTT STUPID

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
who

dreamed this crap of fairy tale wanna be story.

Tim413Tim413almost 11 years ago
Details, details

Nancy got hired at Wal-Mart into a M-F day shift job. VERY unlikely.

The lump sum, after-tax payout on $10M would be closer to $3.3M than $5M.

Marty's lawyer could likely have gotten the cheater's signature for something between 55% and 75% of the payout.

snathsnathover 10 years ago
Nice one

Good one, liked it. Thanks

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Cash or a happy future -

I would lean toward the happy future too -

And nit picking details is pointless - whether Walmart gives M-F day shifts is a totally unimportant detail - it is certain that some one could get that whether it is "normal" or not - who cares -

As for what is left after taxes it is a comm,on argument and is dependent on a number of factual issues - get over it - 3.3 million cash si till [plenty to run away with for stupid people - chill and enjoy a good yarn

Thanks for a good object lesson -

PeachyWifePeachyWifeover 10 years ago
Nicely Done

I liked it. Very much. FrancisMacomber, your stories keep me entertained!

So many ridiculous and nasty comments are made by 'Anonymous'. Sad nitpickers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great Writer

As much as I have enjoyed each and every one of them,, I must say best I could vote was A 3 star,,, each and every story has A character mix up... The funniest one was in training your pet,,, Heather must have been some freaking worn out for her puppy Lady to have had to load Heather in the car and drive her home

LLP

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 10 years ago
Good writing

You are a good writer, but the protagonist was a goober, to use an old fashioned word. Saved his honor, but looked like a fool...well, he was a fool. Had the wife stuck around, she would have been able to blow her affidavit off as something she had to sign to get rid of him. People have short memories.

But it is true, once a fool always a fool.

Chilley

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
Wasted the money

He could have had Louise and Bobby disappeared for a lot less.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
THE REAL LOTTERY

doesn't mean only money. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
The better choice for him...

Sure, he could have split the ticket, bought her share of the house and ended up with the house and money... but at the cost of his reputation...

Some things just aren't worth what they'd cost...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Should have served some wine with that cheesy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Ok...the last line was a bit cheesy and expected...

But it definitely fit!

As far as the money goes, I feel he did the right thing. It was "tainted" money and it done nothing but cause him misery...and he hadn't even claimed it yet! He got his good name back and the truth came out, by her own admission. The fact that his finances worked out well after getting rid of the spendthrift bitch was no surprise to me. He'd previously shown that he had a good head, so I was sure that he'd crunched the numbers, or I'm sure he'd have asked for a meager fifty grand of the winnings to finish the house. His plan worked out just like he thought it would and the cheaters got revenge on themselves!!! Perfect! 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
pathetic

cucky wimpy writer

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
nicely done.

great story , well written .

always a tough crowd to please in this category.

i think Marty got a good deal.

without the lottery , he would proly not found out about his wife's cheating for a long time, would have lost his house in a later divorce.

and never been in a position to meet / help / love Nancy & Lily.

fuck the money ....

you can't put a price on a good, honest, hardworking, truly loving partner.

xxxhugsxxx

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Give her "the lottery ticket"

after she has signed.

But lo and behold, it isn't the winning ticket.

Gotch back.

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Thinking Man's Story!

You write a real good story. When he gave the cheating wife the lottery ticket, I thought what the hell was he doing. There had to be a better way to get rid of her. But as I read and thought about it, he was a smarter man than he appeared. He ended up with what he really wanted-his good name, a real Loving Family, and his dignity back. What did his ex with the lottery ticket get, a real good time for a couple years but now what? I would rather be in his shoes -without the lottery ticket - than the exes. Thank for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
1 star

one star

*

ohyessssssohyessssssabout 9 years ago
?

I hate wimpy cuckold stories. Marty was anything BUT a cuckold wimp . He realized this cheating whore would drive him to the poor house and wanted her completely out of his life. How many wimps could give up the rights to 5 million dollars? Did all you commenters even read this story? Five stars Francis.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
1 star

*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
What the fxxk!

I am always amazed by the manner the people in America cope with divorce settlements between unfaithful spouses, especially when they have to split 50-50 on everything despite the fact that the husband was cuckolded. The wife always end up winning. What a bunch of losers and hopeless lawmakers! 

To compound such an idiotic state of affairs some States impose on unfortunate husbands, we have a story where a wimpy cuckold husband gives away ALL his lottery fortune to an unfaithful wife. And it was just as well because instead of giving her the 50% in an even split the government takes it from her in the form of taxes! Talk about absurdity, this is the ultimate one! 

I'm really giving one star out of charity.

auhunter04auhunter04about 9 years ago
puzzled

When I read comments on articles, not just this one, I wonder if the commenting people and I read the story.

I think he might have done better, like 10% of gross winnings. But there would be a hassle.

There is nothing more valuable than your personal honor, even if it is just to yourself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
What would you choose?

Lottery winning with a cheating whore or happy family with a good wife.

5*****

hellseeker666hellseeker666almost 9 years ago
For a fool at least this guy had SOME balls

It was a bad business giving the whore the entire ticket, but at least he cleared his name (traded his rep in town as a "cheater" for a fool) in town. 2.5 MM is too much for that. That could be done cheaper. For me he could send his family and town to hell and start over for not checking the facts prior judging him.

At least he gave the finger to the whore when she came at the end, not the typical wuss taking the cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
To all the people with hateful comments

FUCK YOU!!! Have you guys ever seen E's News Special The Curse Of The Lottery and TLC's How The Lottery Change My Life.Where they showed winners like Marty getting more than 10 million like 200, 300, 400 millions and more but gotten greedy like Louise and Bobby they thought it's gonna be helpful for the family but it didn't. I remember two parts about two men who won a whole bunch of millions had a good family and friends at the beginning but at the end no family or friends just heartbreak to a early grave. So you guys tell me what would you do taking the money that mite leads to your own demise or life with a good family and a good job.

ErotFanErotFanover 8 years ago
Nice story

A head shot? Wow, he's good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
TEN PERCENT

She'd have taken the deal at ten percent and he'd have had $500,000 to fix the house, buy a new vehicle, do his investing and have plenty of time to read to Lily and practice pumping that baby into Nancy.

As for the comment made about the head shot, it's no big deal when you're only eight or ten feet away. He could have been pointing the gun at his face, fired high and hit him in the forehead. Remember... he did a lot of hunting with his father... so he was a shooter. I'm a natural with a handgun... discovered that when I was in the military... but I was a hunter, too, and a crack shot with a rifle. I made offhand shots at 500 meters that definitely weren't military stance and never missed.... The Sgt. on the range would just shake his head and say, "Good shooting." .... Just because YOU can't do something, never ASS-ume that no one else can. (And that's the name of that tune)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Previous comment

I agree..i would have offered her 80% to start with...that way, she still gets a whiteheads ton and I walk with a million

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Thoughts

I agree with those that he should have negotiated for SOME of the money, it would have come in handy.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 8 years ago
A good story

I am surprised I hadn't previously read it as I though I had read all of F.M.s stories. In any case it has been a year since he last posted a story on Lit. I hope he will do so again before long as he is a very entertaining author to read.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Re-Reading

“To Louise, money in their joint checking account was money that needed to be spent”, - Duh, put the money into a separate account that Louise doesn’t know about and/or have access to!

“razzing about losing both the lottery money and his wife to another man.” – He had ALREADY lost his wife!

“he would hate to give that up if Nancy were to become uncomfortable.” – I think that Sally’s words should reassure him that she Nancy wouldn’t be uncomfortable.

And I repeat my earlier comment that he could have gotten SOME of the lottery money and STILL got Louise to sign the statement!

dissmissdissmissalmost 8 years ago
it's a story .....

Unlikely to happen like this in real life, but thats fiction for you.

I suppose Marty could have worked out a deal with his ex wife to be regarding the lottery win, but that would have detracted from the point of the story ..... give someone enough rope and they will hang themselves.

A good read.

Thanks for sharing.

Vandemonium1Vandemonium1almost 8 years ago
I know exactly what you meant with this story.

Our friend came out of it with his pride and dignity intact, then dismissed those that had wronged him. Beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Too lame and formulaic

Same old wimpy male cuckold suffers in his misery, he won't or can't man up. Skulks off humiliated. Finds beautiful loving mate mere moments later. A change of names and a few details does not make it any more palatable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Money

You know the old expression about credit cards. A man's credit card has a limit, but a woman's credit card has a target!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
True fantasy

First, Marty needed to get a PI to look into things - even interviews with neighbors would have disclosed the PU in the driveway allowing assumptions to be concluded. And since Bobby encouraged Marty to go on 2nd shift so Bobby could bang her.....

Once he had the PI report his parents could be duly embarrassed at their slight at Marty in his time of need. And the shared PI report with his in-laws and church would have set the record straight - getting his good name back.

Second, Marty is a dunce - in allowing her to spend all their money. Marty needed a separate (his name only) savings account then reduce the amount going into the joint account putting it into his savings, duh.

Third, to protect the lotto ticket Marty just needed to give it to his parents to cash in (after the PI report if he could still trust them) and screw his sister the one-way leech. Or Marty to cash it in - split it for an equal $2.5M each and entice her to sign divorce/disclosure for an added bonus of another $1M leaving him $1.5M. Now Marty would have plenty of Victorian refurbishment funds.

Yes, Marty won in this story but it's just pure luck/fantasy not logical/practical.

However, only family and friends FU you so thoroughly and completely when money is involved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
this story is too normal....

and what is has to do with loving wives is still a big mystery.....blah

MullendersMullendersover 7 years ago

"Dad, you always told me that nothing was more important than my good name. Well, I've got my good name back now."

when did he get back a good name ??

his name is completly ruined by aprearing to be such a coward no one will ever respect him anymore he got humiliated infront of evrybody he knows it will stick to his name till he dies

so where did he get back his goodname ?? couze i dont see it

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

'Cause you ain't a man ifin ya don't kill da skank. Honestly, it takes more balls to walk away from fight that everyone loses than to whip your schlong out and smack someone in the face with it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Mullenders

Please re-read the story. It was after the church incident when his in-laws berated him for being a cheater. Everyone believed them and Marty's good name was besmirched. (Don't get to use that word enough!). He spent 2.5 million dollars to clear his name and stain hers. It mattered enough to him to do it. It also freed him from the leeches and parasites (like his sister) that follow a windfall. Good story! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
He lost, plain and simple

All he had to do was listen to either his Father or his attorney (why pay an attorney if you don't listen to him). He could have had at least $2 million dollars, hired a PI to clear his reputation (his ex-wife and Bobby weren't exactly hiding their relationship) and STILL ended up where he did - except with the money. This was just stupid. NO ONE is THAT stupid! It ruined the entire story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
amazing writing 5*

a man gives away millions but gain a fortune .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I Can't Help It

I got as far as Marty going home after being served and finding the locks changed, good old Bobby in the house with his wife, and Marty deciding to do nothing, just drive away. Okay, maybe it was a good idea for him not to use the pistol he got out of the garage. But had it been me, I guarantee you good old Bobby Womack's truck would have been blazing away by the time I left my driveway. Just on general principle.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Good Story

I would have liked to have seen a little more of the romancing of Nancy by Marty, but it was still a very nice story. And both the ex's pretty much got what they had coming:

Marty's and Nancy's.

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
THE PRIZE FOR WINNING

is not the same for all onlookers, TK U MLJ LV NV

TrollTureTrollTureover 6 years ago
I don't know...

... surely his wife wouldn't forget what their house looked like?

Louise - "Did you add on to it? I don't remember that part over there."

Otherwise not bad, even if the hero is a bit too naive for his own good.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous