All Comments on 'Witch of The Burren'

by The Mutt

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
It was good but........

It was good but, the ending kind of threw me. Was the magic that was begining love, and why did she make such a fuss if she was going to share all of herself with him in the end? It should have a bit more to finish it out.

My Erotic TailMy Erotic Tailover 19 years ago
Riviting~

The captivating beginning entranced me and held my intrest throught the action, mystic, romance, erotic tale. Great story...good luck (*_*) Happy Halloween

doormousedoormouseover 19 years ago
WOW!!!

That was beautiful Mutt!!!

Your descriptions were amazing, and it's obvious you've done your research.

The end was so romantic, that she would sacrifice so much. You are an inspiration to other writers.

Well done. ;-)

EicessGoddessEicessGoddessover 19 years ago
Wonderful Story

Mutt,

That was such a wonderful story, it's my new favorite!!! Where do I go to vote for it?

BlueskyBeautyBlueskyBeautyover 19 years ago
captivating...

i couldn't stop reading ..it was a wonderful story..i wish horror at the movies left me feeling as wonderful as this did. you romantic soul you!!

i really enjoyed this!!

xx, fawnie

minsueminsueover 19 years ago
Well done, Mutt!

Beautifully descriptive.

(thermometer left at default and does not reflect my vote)

dr_mabeusedr_mabeuseover 19 years ago
Great Story

Lots of plot and atmosphere, and very well done.

sacksackover 19 years ago
not very compelling...

I usually find "Historical" stories to be a complete disaster, this is less so than most. The main problem is making the characters from a different age come to life and engender sympathy. I don't find I care about your characters very much, there is an intellectual coldness about this story that bothers me. Our writing styles/philosophies are so different I probably shouldn't be leaving this comment. I think you are more effective when writing stories that take place in the present century. Good luck!

cookiejarcookiejarover 19 years ago
Beautifully written...

A wonderful story filled with everything a romantic like me could ever want. Good luck!

Black TulipBlack Tulipover 19 years ago
A good witch

I liked your witch even though she is much more accomplished than mine. LOL

The beginning of your story was excellent, that pulled me right into the story.

Good luck.

tungtied2utungtied2uover 19 years ago
I loved the atmosphere

you created Mutt....the terminology faltered in a couple places and broke my stride,didn't go with the period.. This tale of sacrificing immortality for love is often told, yet I still found your telling of it refreshing and touching. Very nicely written.

Boxlicker101Boxlicker101over 19 years ago
Intriguing

An intriguing swashbuckler, Mutt. There may be some historical inaccuracies but it was a good read nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Good one!

I gotta say, I really liked that endng. It could've gone either way, him using another, but chosing love...well, that was great! Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
what a gift to behold

Beautifully told her gift to him and he cherished it

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Another that's not my usual

But an excellent and pleasurable read. Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Very nice!

I like the amount of desire woven into the story! Desire and delay is very sensual!

Rayven101Rayven101about 14 years ago
Great Story

Hi!

I really enjoyed your story :)

Rayven :)

FaithWhiteFaithWhitealmost 14 years ago
Wow

I enjoyed that story a lot. Second in the works by chance???

IronDragonIronDragonabout 11 years ago
Not Horror...

It read more like an Irish tragedy, similar to Finn Mac Cumhal, but it was still worthy of 5 big stars! Excellent work! :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Could have been a good period piece.

Irish myths are so rich and flavourful. But you lost me when the witch started spouting all that Earth Mother - Sky Father Neo Pagan Wiccan bullshit. You could have drawn from a great mythological tapestry but you went with the super vague modern rubbish.

Shame. Wasted opportunity.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief7 months ago

Stupid man always thinking with his little head instead of the big one. Nice story though.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous