Without a Second Thought

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We were still there enjoying their company when Peter and Connie showed up with my divorce certificate. It was nice to know I was now free. For when Jody was given the chance to talk, she spent it bragging about our kids and our life together. It was Mom who said we should have the wedding before the two of you go back. That was when my dad caught Peters and my attention. After grabbing a fresh beer each we followed the leader. We men ended up moving into Dad's den because we couldn't get a word in.

"It's been a madhouse today, Dad," Peter said "When it was learned that Tammy was arrested people were calling with additional information. Half the district attorney's staff had to help us out. It appears that what we knew, was only scratching the surface as to what the pair were up to. It now appears that the mayor will be going down with them too."

"What's going to happen to Willa's common-law husband," I asked out of curiosity." And how deep was his involvement of all of this?"

"He most likely will be disbarred but he will be busy raising their kids. Nothing we have found to date links him in with the witches." Peter said. "Has anyone informed Aunt Josie?"

Connie peaked her head in. "Dad Jody wears a size six and a half ring in case you're wondering."

A few minutes later Peter and I were driving to the mall where he had bought Connie's set. Knowing Jody's taste, I bought a three-ring wedding set. When we got back, we were pleased to learn they didn't know we were gone. I was on the phone talking to Josie when Carin showed up with her boyfriend.

With a house full of people, we all moved into the living room. The men had to carry a few chairs in from the kitchen. Dad had instructed Jody to sit in his chair. That let my mom know that something was up. So, she was watching with her eagle eyes.

The room went silent when I walked over and knelt on my knees to ask my common in law spouse to legally become my wife. I had caught her completely off guard. Of course, she said yes.

The party was on. My dad proudly said, "I got almost seven years of drinking with my son to catch up on and Jody and Art your engagement is the best way to start."

Peter had to drive both Jody and me back to Josie's. A lot of stress and worry had been released. Friday, we slipped into city hall to pick up the license. Jody found out she fit into Connie's wedding dress. Jack agreed to be my best man. Carin became Jody's maid of honor. The DA agreed to perform the actual ceremony. I had to buy a suit from Macy's. There was no way my soon to be was going to allow me to marry her in blue jeans.

On Sunday afternoon in my parent's back yard in front of the family, we said our vows to the thrill of everyone. Even the twin's father was in attendance. We had told everyone that we wanted no gifts, but my ex-father-in-law pulled an envelope out of his vest and handed to me.

"Colin this is not a wedding gift it's your inheritance early, "he said with a smile. "The rest of my estate will go to your daughters.

I stuck the envelope in my suit and forgot about it for the rest of the day. Everybody in attendance videoed the whole ceremony and sent it by text to Aunt Josie. Somebody asked where we were going on our honeymoon.

Jodie summed it up this way "after all we have been through. Once we got grandma settled into her new home. Our honeymoon will be a week in Florida and a week in California experiencing what Disney has to offer with our kids. Because without the family we would not be where we are today."

Just before we headed off to head for home the next day, I gave Jody the envelope. Inside was a bank draft for a hundred thousand dollars with a note. It read: Thanks for helping karma set things straight. It had always been my belief that the twins had killed their own mother. I will savor watching them getting rewarded in kind for their deeds. So will my granddaughters.

Jody put the envelope in her purse without telling anyone else. After hugging my daughters and my parents Jody and I climbed into the U haul. We were heading home without a second thought finally free from everything from the past.