Wolves Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her eyes widened but she didn't move away. She only stepped away when someone came into the bathroom, I was proud of the fact that I hadn't been the one to move away or break eye contact first. I stared at her as she pushed past the woman that had come in without looking back. Life just got a little more interesting.

Louis was tapping his foot when I came out.

"Do all women take so long in the bathroom?" he teased as he pulled me close.

I was looking around for Misty and wondered how she had gotten by him. My question was answered a moment later; Everyone's attention was toward the front of the club where two patrons were being escorted out. I knew it for what it was, a set up. The two men fighting were with Misty, they created a diversion so that she could escape the club unseen probably though the back door. I don't know how I knew that but I did, I would have bet my house on it.

I had come to a decision; I was going to take care of Misty myself although I had no real idea of how I was going to do that. She was up to no good and I was sure that it somehow involved my guys. For now though, she was gone and I had in-laws to meet.

Misty

Well, well, well, the bitch has a backbone. I have to admit that I was surprised and impressed, I may be a bitch myself but I do give credit where credit is due. One of my questions was answered, she wouldn't be easy to take out even if she couldn't change. Now that I've had a good look at her, I don't get it; she's not ugly but she's no raving beauty either but judging by the way they all looked at her you would have thought that she was prime rib. The one thing that I hadn't planned on was one of the brothers walking her to the bathroom, I should have known that they wouldn't leave her alone and of course it had to be Louis. Everyone thinks that he's mild mannered and all of that shit but Louis is as bad as any of the others and would be the one most likely to smell a rat and he wasn't the only one. I watched the bitch, she knew that she was being watched and she knows that I mean trouble. The question is whether she'll say anything about me to the brothers, not wanting to chance it; I decided to get my ass out of there. I would know soon enough. It seems that whoever chooses the mates picked an alpha female for the brothers. Damn.

* The in-laws still hadn't arrived by the time I got back to the table. Kevin stood up to let me slide in next to Matt patting my ass as I slid by. I was reconsidering my decision not to say anything about Misty but decided to stand by my decision. I had lived alone in the mountains for several years and didn't have anyone to run to when I had a problem and I wasn't going to start running for help now. I would have to trust my instincts to tell me when I needed to speak up and when I should keep my mouth shut and right now they were saying "Allie shut up" and so shut up I did.

It wasn't long before the club was quiet again. Even the people playing pool stopped their game and looked toward the door.

"Mom and Dad are here." Matt whispered as he stood up with the rest of the room.

I stood up like everyone else and waited. The funny thing was that I wasn't scared or nervous and I had the sense that that was a good thing. I also noticed that none of the brothers were touching me and I remembered the night of the fight. I had to stand on my own to face the scrutiny of their parents, I also realized that none of them had told me what to expect. I suspected that meeting their parents was a test and I wouldn't know if I had passed until we got home.

Finally a couple walked into the club, the male was an older version of Matt and the others and every bit as handsome. The woman was beautiful in a beauty queen kind of way and looked high maintenance with her perfect big hair that was so black that it had blue highlights, matching designer clothes and manicured nails. "Oh Yay" I thought as they made their way toward us and here I was dressed in jeans.

They stopped in front of our table and looked at each son directly in the eye for several minutes; it was kind of like playing that game to see who away first looked. The entire club was quiet the entire time; I swear that I could hear Matt's heart beating. Finally when they finished with the guys none of whom even blinked by the way, they got to me. First the father did his stare thing, his eyes were a gorgeous topaz and his wolf passed through them stopping to stare at me. Then it was her turn. She looked at me long and hard, it felt like she was ripping me apart to see my insides and then I saw her wolf in her clear blue eyes and it was as beautiful as she was. It was the same color as her hair with blue eyes. I could only hope that I was even half that beautiful when I finally mastered the art of turning.

I don't know how long we stared at each other before she finally smiled at me.

After that, the formal introductions were made by Matt.

"Mom, Dad this is Allie Walker, now Allie Christianson; Sweetheart, these are our parents Darrin and Glenda Christianson."

"It's nice to meet you." Glenda said extending her hand, "My sons are treating you well I hope?" she asked.

On the face of it, it seemed like an innocent question but I think that there was more to it but I answered honestly.

"I have no complaints, I'm very happy with them."

"Good and they seem very happy with you, why don't we sit and get acquainted?" she asked.

Once we were all sitting, the music and other activities started up again. Apparently I passed or thought I did because I felt Matt's hand on one thigh and Kevin's on the other both stroking lightly. The other three were smiling at me with approval in their eyes, yep I passed muster.

"So Allie." Glenda said, "What did you do before my sons found you?"

Damn it! Another test, it wasn't over.

"I lived up in the mountains in a house my grandfather built and I wrote articles for a website." I replied, "I still write for them." I added

"Interesting, what kind of articles do you write?" Darrin asked as he swirled his drink around to mix it.

Now I understood the strokes and smiles, I was being grilled.

"It varies, but I wrote one on monogamy a few weeks ago." I replied.

Darrin almost choked on his drink and Glenda laughed.

"Monogamy?" Darrin asked recovering and then laughing, "That is priceless! Apparently they haven't asked about your marital status lately." He added with a chuckle.

"Which reminds me." Glenda said, "Do you have family?"

"I have a cousin who lives in California and a few others but she's the only one that I talk to on a regular basis." I replied already dreading the next question.

"What do they have to say about you and my sons?" she asked.

"They don't know yet, but they're coming in the spring and we'll tell them then." I replied.

There was a brief silence at this; I think I just lost a few points.

"What do you think they'll say?" Glenda asked.

I decided not to sugarcoat or lie about what I thought.

"They're going to want to lock me up for a psychiatric eval and say that I was kidnapped by a cult or something like that and they probably will never let me see my nephews again." I said.

"Honest aren't' you? Glenda asked.

"I try to be." I replied.

"Admirable, so let me ask you this; are you afraid to tell your family?" Darrin asked.

"Yes." I said without hesitation.

"Why is that?" he asked.

"I'll give you the condensed version." I said, "It's not because I'm embarrassed or ashamed of what we have but I love my nephews even though I don't see them as often as I would like to or should. But their father is a self righteous racist jerk and he would try to turn them against me and he would stop my cousin from contacting me. The other thing is this, I've always wanted like this and I don't want my cousin's husband to ruin it but as Matt pointed out, it can only be ruined if I allow it." I said hoping to regain whatever points I had lost.

The questions seemed never ending and some of them were a little too personal for my taste but what the hell? Anyway by the time they were done with me my head ached and I was exhausted but they pronounced me worthy of bearing their grandchildren, "Oh thank you oh great ones" I wanted to say but didn't, I don't think that would've gone over too well.

Matt was the first one to realize that I needed a break and took me outside for some air which really helped with the headache.

"You did well, they like you." he said as he hugged me.

"Did you know what was going to happen?" I asked.

"I did but I couldn't tell you, it was a test that we all knew that you would pass."

"What would have happened if I wouldn't have passed?" I asked.

"Well, nothing would have changed except that you would be on mom's shit list until you proved yourself at another grilling." He said.

"Please tell me that I passed." I said. I had no desire to do a repeat grilling.

Matt laughed, "you passed and with flying colors. You'll get your reward later."

You all know about Pavlov and his experiments don't you? I could only imagine what my reward was going to be and my panties were already wet, suddenly I was ready to go and collect my reward but apparently protocol dictates that we couldn't leave until Darrin and Glenda left which was a very long three hours later.

Misty

I couldn't stay away, I should have but I couldn't. I had to see if she passed the grilling that she would get from Darrin and Glenda. I could only hope that she fucked up but she didn't. She didn't even blink when Darren or Glenda looked at her with their wolves in their eyes. Fuck, she didn't even look nervous! I've seen the mates of wolves piss themselves because they were so scared, where in the fuck did they find this one? One thing was clear, my planning would have to be flawless, there would be no room for error which meant one thing, I needed an inside man. I had to get Marshall back into my bed and pronto, I wonder what he's doing right now?

12