All Comments on 'Yapping Dogs Ch. 02'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 97 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
As if the first part wasn't bad enough

Now you write more? Not going to even read a word. I couldn't understand your English, anyway. I think it's English, who knows?

ViatovicViatovicalmost 6 years ago
Good but...

I liked Yapping Mongrels way better.

But frankly, both lack certain monkey toy...

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 6 years ago
Usual bullshit I’ve cone to expect from this author.

Hey why not have him win the goddamn lottery while youre writing the perfect fucking ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Is this the real ending?

I don't think you should have wrote an Alt ending if you were going to write this one. I liked it though, but confuses me as to which story is the "real" one.

deblackbusterdeblackbusteralmost 6 years ago
ROFL @anon below

This is a classic example of raging. Anon below is so mad and furious that he posted onto the wrong story. It's not even by the same author. Dude like wtf are you doing man? Calm down before you give yourself a stroke.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great ending!

I much preferred this to Talking Mongrels. You wrote Jared as a nice guy with a well paid career in the first one, so it would be relatively easy for him to land a replacement for Rochelle.

Thanks for taking the time to write it!

FrankRedmontFrankRedmontalmost 6 years ago
Character of Ann

I’m finding the character of Ann to be problematic. She falls in love with Tommy in just a few days, then falls in love with Jared in just a few days, leaving the reader with the impression that she’s rather shallow. Would Jared fall for someone like that, and so quickly?

JounarJounaralmost 6 years ago
great follow up to the original 5 stars

This is a much better fit to the original story than the "Talking Mongrels" alternate timeline. The characters personalities here all gelled with those from the previous tale and the plot didn't require insane levels of suspension of disbelief to work which is the stumbling block far too many stories on this site suffer from.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
You evoke wonderful images of your world but one small thing...

I do so enjoy the little world in which you and your characters live. One image, though. At church (Lit page 2), you typo a “thong of minivans.” Are we talking something with an incongruous print (“Yes, dear. I still have my boxers with the jetliners”) or back-of-vehicle versions of the bras on SS06’s Mustangs? ;-)

Sidney43Sidney43almost 6 years ago

Another great story, but just a little confusion on my part. Ann notes that the two daughters don't look like their respective sperm donors, but they do look like Jared. Is this just a bit of Karma or is there something else we should know?

dinkymacdinkymacalmost 6 years ago
Absolutely great!

Thanks for sharing.

BigGuy33BigGuy33almost 6 years ago
I enjoyed both sequels...

...but I'm glad I read this one second. I preferred the happy ending and now it's freshest on my mind.

sengimaxsengimaxalmost 6 years ago
Better

I agree with BigGuy33, happy to read this ending after Yapping Mutts Ch2. I personally prefer this ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thank You JB44!

I was late to the office this morning because I had to finish this story. Well worth it!

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 6 years ago
Only idiots who do not understand literature crticize JB44's English

Ever try to read "Ulysses". Good luck understanding that and that is great classic literature. Do they think all characters everywhere in the world have the same generic English vernacular as a news anchor? JimBob44's characters are excellently fleshed out and real. Great job. Although I am also ton between this and "Mongrels". I guess I would rather these sweet girls live this life rather than that one.

jbpeters74jbpeters74almost 6 years ago
Liked the completion of the story, only one small issue.

I liked the story a lot and most of your other stories. The one thing that I couldn't understand and it is something that I don't see the character doing, is the massage parlor. Why would he have sex there, especially after he starts falling for Ann. Just is not Jared, and he wouldn't do it. Just my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Fuck the shit hat below me

Every one of your stores are like rolling around in broken glass after a car crash. 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
%! Then Anony you retarded fool

why do you keep reading them. Guess they remind you of your dead ex wife the whore.

bruce22bruce22almost 6 years ago
Quite an interesting story

You develop your characters well. It always amazes me how some people look at one another and read everything wrong. Tommy is a prize example of this.

VickieTernVickieTernalmost 6 years ago
Yeaah! Yes'm! Y'heah?

Might be even better if you'd formalized your own narrative voice a bit more, so we could hear the characters' voices even more distinctly as their own. But that suggestion's somewhere between petty and trivial, given the feel of authenticity generated by this ... yes, fairy tale. It's perfect!

EclecticReaderEclecticReaderalmost 6 years ago
Ignore the trolls!

I found this on the feedback portal. Boy am i glad. Both stories were tremendous. I had the great good fortune to be able to read them back to back. Ignore the trolls; your talents are obvious. Thank you.

ptolmetptolmetalmost 6 years ago
Loved it

I truly enjoyed this series. You are, so far, the only author I have read from whom the written version of the Louisiana accent did not make me cringe. Nicely done. I think it may have been because you did not over use it. The story has lots of possibilities for spin-offs. Also truly like Jared and Ann. It would be interesting to read more of the interraction between the “yapping dogs” as the story develops.

Thank you again for sharing this with us.

deblackbusterdeblackbusteralmost 6 years ago
That was amazing

Especially after Yapping Mongrels, that was so sad. I loved this. Need a break from all the cheating wives stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Plural, not singular

In nearly 80 years of experience in Louisiana, Arkansas and Texas, I have never heard "y'all" used for one person. It is a collective construction referring to two or more people...although since DeGarde doesn't exist, perhaps it is singular there.

Gave it ****. You have to reach for the stars to get 5 from me.

Impo_64Impo_64almost 6 years ago
I liked this ending a lot more...

I liked this ending a lot more than the one from "Yapping Mongrels"...maybe because this wasn't so sad and so "noir", and for that more acceptable by our hearts...4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A Southern Louisiana Boy

I've read Yapping Dogs a few times. It's a good read. This sequel is good, because it has a happy ending, although Jared and Ann's relationship seems rushed. Yapping Mongrels is alright if you take into account that Jared is out of the girls lives due to jail and what their lives could be like without a caring Father. Being from South Louisiana, and being Cajun, I know the accent and the way people talk, and this is a good representation in all of JimBob44 DeGarde stories.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 6 years ago
Great Story... Loved the dialogue

I could follow this one. Dialogue is outstanding. Apprciated that Jared and Ann never wavered. Great to have the good folks win once in a while. Seems like Tommy and Rochelle would make a great pair.

Crusader235Crusader235almost 6 years ago
Yep

Yep another good one from JB. Love all your DeGarde stories, Although mongrels was a little ruff. 5 stars for this one, I just really liked the happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Much Better

Liked this much better than Yapping Mongrels. Feels more realistic and more in line with the previous story.

looking4itlooking4italmost 6 years ago

Whew, this was a different option than mongrels. Night and day isn’t even a close comparison. Enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Bravo

Another great story.

One that was more on the realistic side and fun to read as well, even with the colorful diction. I'd love to know what happens next (there could be a spectacular story in what happens to Rochelle) but I think as the "all powerful creator" in JimBob44 universe, only you can decide if she has a future after this. I just it would be awesome if she evolved as a character.

chytownchytownalmost 6 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 6 years ago
Well done!

I love the language!

Adds such colour (color)

to the story.

And funny double meaning

sometimes too.

When Ann shouted "Y'all

fuck me!", you got to wonder

how many people were

in the room, lol.

I liked the first part

of the story.

Had trouble though

understanding why Jared

would marry a "yapping dog".

This part was more solid

and just as much fun reading.

Top ratings from me.

Thanks JimBob!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
As the White Trash Burns

I am not saying the author can't write, but the adventures of trailer trash are not for me. Not interested, not engaging, not arousing. Just yuck.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I'm usually on BTB bandwagon...

Definitely nowhere near as dark as Mongrels, like I said I'm part of BTB crowd but, Rochelle's character development in the other story was leading me to believe that she was changing. I mean with the child support and daycare, she should have gone back and finished school. I thought it would go along the linear narrative of Mongrels with a better outcome, perhaps Rochelle consents to polyamorous relationship with Jared and Ann, or cheerier result. I guess I just didn't like Ann at all. The relationship with girls was fantastic, their personalities were hilarious, especially Kathleen's OCD. Regardless of my critic keep up the great writing brother.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 6 years ago
Well, I like them equally

Growling and Yapping. Apples and oranges. Or should I say jalapeños and honey. Poor Rochelle though, she’s so pathetic. Maybe she’all get her shit together and redeem herself somewhere down the road. Thanks, as always. *****

LeFrog08LeFrog08almost 6 years ago
Real good one.

And a nice closure after ch.1

I hope this new thing of yours won't keep

you from the keyboard too long.

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Very, very good

As always, just great writing, great stories, great fun. My only complaint is having to go back and reread your entire catalogue to revisit all these back stories. Good times.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

You write for YOU, so keep your atrocious writing to yourself! Fucking unreadable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Nice story, gramatical question

I enjoyed reading your story, I liked the characters and it turned me on. One question I have deals with the vernacular: I live in the north and here African Americans use “y’all” as a plural pronoun, speaking to more than one person. I’ve never heard it used when addressing a single person, here or in my trips down south. Maybe it is and I just haven’t heard it but it sound wrong to me used this way....anyway, one small gripe, thanks for sharing.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 6 years ago
Didn't much care for the sequel

There was no substance to the story - no drama, no personal interaction.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Good hillbilly,ozark hick story

This seemed to be a little Amber sorry. Are they in the 21 st century?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Pretty bland followup

And it would not surprise me at all to find out that the author is some old coot, sitting on his porch in Minnesota having never even visited a southern State. Too many things ring false in this soap opera.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Dialect

I know you're trying for authenticity, but the dialect makes it harder to read than it has to be.

Think how annoying it would be to read a story with Boston-based characters, with them saying, "I'm gonna pahk the cah," not that many people in Boston really talk like that, but I hope you get my point.

I read a story on the other site, where a secondary character had a stutter, a-a-and ev-ev-every other sen-sen-sentence was like that, instead of just saying, he stuttered!

You need scene breaks, too! Throughout the story we're somewhere, then the next sentence we're somewhere else!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
that's just dumb, sbrooks

If these characters used 'The Queen's English' the characters would lose authenticity. Don't be a whiny hoo ah about it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Best

Jim Bob is one of the best writers on LW, even if AB won't read him. Her loss. xoxoxoxo

Timmy Bishop

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 6 years ago
i don't see this

as Ozark hillbilly. This is true Cajun and, yes, the dialogue is at times a little frustrating for us 'whities'. But i really enjoy your stuff. I like 'Mongrels' better........

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "that's just dumb, sbrooks"

It doesn't have to be the "Queen's English." I have no problem with "ain't," "gonna," all sorts of "improper" English, but the dialect is simply hard to read.

That still leaves my comment about the scene changes!

deblackbusterdeblackbusteralmost 6 years ago
About accents

Sure inside Boston there's not too many Boston accents, but outside/surrounding Boston is where you see it a lot.

Personally I love the dialect. Gives the story a bit more flavor imo.

HaydenDLinderHaydenDLinderalmost 6 years ago
About accents Too

I have to agree. The accents help with the immersion factor for "most" readers. I agree with sbrooks that some scene breaks area needed BUT, tryin to get JB ta do dat witout gettin him beer? Sheeee, Good luck ya'll.

FabGMxFabGMxalmost 6 years ago
I liked better this end.

JimBob its one of the best writters in the page and certainly that showed in this continuation (and in Yapping Mongrels) but in my case there is many stories that are swing or miss. Yapping Dogs its not a story that im particularly fond, because Jared was basically cornered and sandbagged from every direction, and the little girls were the innocents hostages in the whole fiasco, here JimBob gave Jared and the girls a "good" end, yes the whole romance with Ana feels somewhat rushed, but then again she was married to a scumbag, and have a monster in law, so a divorced father with 2 daugthers and a job, was certainly an upgrade for her.

And since all the assholes of the previous chapter received their "punishment" its a happy ending indeed.

penneydog55penneydog55almost 6 years ago
I

Thank JimBob44 for sharing this Fantastic / Brilliant story with us! Paints a dark cloud over Jocks And Cheerleaders? Anyway that's my Comment ★★★★★ WOOF!

May I add! JERRY SPRINGER WOULD HAVE LOVED THIS ONE? JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! ( I CAN'T HELP MYSELF ) SEE YA!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Y’all and You

I can tell you’re not from the South. Y’all is plural. You should use you or your for singular. It ain’t that hard to accomplish! Otherwise a good story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Grammar for anon below

Y'all = singular

All y'all = plural

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Outstanding story

As usual! My only "negative" comment is that I wish you would have included some insight into the mindset, situation, etc., that was associated with Rochelle cheating on Jared. Why did she do it? It doesn't sound like she enjoyed sex with Tommy much. Did it really happen repeatedly, and voluntarily, or did Tommy rape or drug her? You could have included a flashback, or conversation, that brought these matters to light. But other than that, it was great. Thank you for posting. You are my favorite author on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excellent

Great story, JimBob44, yeah.5*stars.

SkubabillSkubabillabout 5 years ago
Very entertaining

I very much enjoyed reading both parts of the story. After the first I imagined he would fall in love with Rochelle after all and they would reconcile but Jimbob's part two was well done and imaginative.

kmreaderkmreaderabout 5 years ago
Chest of Drawers?

Loved the story and gave it a proper rating as such, but have to say as a man of the south never really heard the term “chest of drawers.” We grew up with a piece of furniture quite similar called Chester drawers. I know, it’s silly, really enjoyed the story. Just think it’s funny when you consider the actual meaning behind the southern slang.

greenman440greenman440about 5 years ago
Great story

and love the southern slang dialogue ...well at least I guess it is ! I'm a brit y'all

Rhsc1Rhsc1almost 5 years ago
I Hate

To see your stories end. Another great read!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Awesome

As others have said another great story. See you in the Bayou

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Yes I realize that you wrote it and I enjoyed it

Another good story

She cheated and got caught and is now paying the rest of punishment

He found happiness

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Kathleen's

I need Kathleen's grown up storyline

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Another good one

Yeah, part 2 was a good idea. I like your stuff, especially when it leaves me smiling.

Thanks.

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

Again, great follow up to the original. Great payback to dat Tommy too. Love JimBob stories always.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Feel Good Story

This is my 3rd or 4th or 5th (lost count) reading. When I need to read a feel good story, this is one of my go to stories. I sometimes read one of your other stories when I want a darker or sad story. I have a few authors I rely on, depending on my mood at the time. Part one is pretty good, but not as good as this one. Wish there were more authors like you on this site. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
ACCENTS, DIALECTS, PREFERENCES

I've resided in the north (Minnesota)

and south (Texas, Oklahoma),

but I was born/raised in between (Kansas).

When I moved to Minnesota after graduate school, some people would grin when they heard me and then refer to my accent. I would reply, "No, I talk right. You got the accent."

So "northern" is different from "southern" and even from my "middle" (which some consider the catch-all neutral -- fat chance).

I agree with the Anonymous (05/18/18) who wrote:

Y'all = singular

All y'all = plural

Except that, I remember a guy who did not grow up "southern" telling about being addressed as "you all," looking around to see who else they were talking to, finding no one, finally realizing that "you all" meant him and him only..

So, depending on where you are,

"y'all" may be singular and plural (just like "you").

"All y'all" is just more inclusive and/or definitive.

"English" varies all over the place, not only within the U.S., but as you go further north into Canada, and beyond to Britain, Australia, South Africa, etc. Just because US spells us, does not make Americans (or any dialect therein) "right."

I'm not personally familiar with Cajun life or talk.

That's part of why JimBob appeals to me.

Some of us in the JimBob cult (fan club?) wish people like sbrooks103x would quit trying to make JimBob something/someone he is not, and let him/us be.

I don't relate to Whovians (Dr. Who) or Trekkies (Star Trek).

So, I just let them be.

I get it, from some Anonymous comments, that there are those who do not care for JimBob stories or his Cajun. (Everybody has their preferences.)

So, don't read him. Preferably don't comment. If you do comment (which is your right), please be respectful to JimBob and those of us who are fans of his stories

-- Including the present 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 story/series.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Is see that

There is an alternative (darker) ending to this one. For me, this one was perfect, so I won't be reading that one. Thanks for this.

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
A good story

No child should have to suffer because of parents stupidity

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well the author certainly wrote the character of the father to match a "modern man" whit no sign of actual male instincts... Like wanting to pass on your genetics, which is pretty much hardwired in every mentally healthy male. Or to not raise children of another man, which again is mostly instinctive for healthy males with the ability to procreate.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Very good story, you do give enjoyment to us readers, It would be just as good a story with the long sex scenes.

Barst0hBoyBarst0hBoyover 2 years ago

I love the DeGarde stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You making this story complete with part two, made part one a five star finish,I rarely give a five to anything but you deserved it. Remember, finish what you start.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really enjoyed the story, and the happy ending.

secretsalsecretsalabout 2 years ago

Was interesting that Ann brings up her insecurity about not being smart, because she did come across a bit dim tbh. Her husband boasts about knocking up a married woman (whose husband was already her friend), and her response is on the lines of 'Aw that's horrible'. Fair enough, she seemed resigned to stay in an abusive relationship at that point, but it really seemed like she had no spine or sense till she caught him motherfucking and finally snapped. Good story, though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story. Of course everyone wants a happy ending, just different people se happy differently.

5 stars.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

This is one of my favorites because I can imagine Amy and Jared together. My marriage was a disaster too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great pair, Jared and Ann. Need another chapter about their family

Diecast1Diecast1over 1 year ago

Love the story, but needs a follow up chapter. AAAAAA++++++

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

My only complaint is how quickly the people fall into the "I love you's" and the marriages. Only a couple days and their in love or married? Come on man, make it at least a little believable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5/5 stars. I know the author wrote the first one as a completed story. But this was an excellent resolution. Could have done with out the incest but I guess that was to really make it obvious to Ann how bad Tommy was and expedite the divorce. Would have ended same way maybe longer time if it was Rochelle or some other person. But I respect the author's choice, it is his work. I really like the interactions between Jared and Ann. Very well expressed and dynamic. Great job. As an aside I think I will stay away from the darker alternate version. This one will leave a good memory.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank God you didn't force Jared to end up with the whore .

4 stars .

Hiram325Hiram325over 1 year ago

I seriously enjoy JB44's stories.

tonyneatotonyneatoover 1 year ago

Jared is father of the year. Lots of love for his girls. The other assholes are scum bums.

Great heartwarming story. 5 stars

AqualungbbAqualungbbabout 1 year ago

Enjoyed the story. The little girls are adorable characters. Wish there was more.

LucasredLucasredabout 1 year ago

One of your best.

BaldingGrayingMiddleAgeGuyBaldingGrayingMiddleAgeGuyabout 1 year ago

I enjoy your stories. Like other authors, they are well thought out and written. The one thing that I truly appreciate about them is the fact that you don't make your characters rich doctors, lawyers, engineers etc. The women aren't always 11s on a scale of 1-10, and the guys don't always have 20 foot long cocks like a lot of the other authors.

I'm not saying that they don't write good stories with well endowed lawyers that are married to super models, but it DOES make it easy for them to do whatever they want in their plots because the MCs ALWAYS have tons of money. Spending the GDP on a small 3rd world shithole's amount of money on PIs, "spy equipment" and lawyers is not a problem because money is no object for the MC. It's a little lazy TBH.

Your characters are blue collar, and there are people that are poor, some are complete white trash, etc. It's a refreshing change from everyone else. I enjoy it, and I thank you for writing that way. By all means, keep it up!

-C

Aej_1Aej_1about 1 year ago

I liked the story but ha difficulty with the southern drawl.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Like it!

5/5 stars.

jopstorm1945

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman12 months ago

Excellent as was part 1. Just seems the "locals" rushed into getting married and author has an anal sex fixation. Do like that at least 1 man knew how to be a Man and Dad.

dgfergiedgfergie10 months ago

Very good story, sex scenes not needed. I'm with our MC, I marred a woman with 4 children some 40 years ago. There ain't no 'steps' in my house. I love them all and they reciprocate. 5 stars

Lowrider2020Lowrider20209 months ago

Did you proud! yeah, got all them five stars you.

rbloch66rbloch667 months ago

So what happened to Ann? There’s no mention of her in the next one, unless I missed it.

l0ver0tical0ver0tica6 months ago

Read it twice. Wish could give 10 stars, yeah...

oldpantythiefoldpantythief4 months ago

Now that's what I call a happy ending! Had to laugh a bit when someone said they had trouble with "Southern draw". No, that's more like Cajun talk if I've ever heard any, and I have heard it.

Had to laugh when Kathleen's waffle had to have a precise amount of blueberry syrup before she would eat. And, her scrambled eggs could not touch her waffles. And the syrup couldn't get on her eggs. Went through that with my daughter when she was little. Took her forever to get the food just right and everyone else was about finished eating. Still got to love them.

Surprised we didn't see Tommy trying to pull something on Ann and Jared. Would love to see his ass get kicked. Five stars and thanks.

ReadIt1ReadIt13 months ago

1/29/24

A great 2nd part to an interesting story there. Thank you for sharing your written material, I truly enjoyed reading it all. Keep it up.

The syrup caught in the waffle squares thinking was fun to read about, too.

Bob

Ocker53Ocker532 months ago

Once again a great read⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
5083 Followers
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Yapping Dogs Previous Part
Yapping Dogs Series Info