All Comments on 'Yapping Dogs'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 111 Comments
xtremeddxtremeddalmost 7 years ago
always a great tale...

Thanks for sharing on Lit

x

yowietooyowietooalmost 7 years ago
Another great story

Much appreciate your efforts. It's a hard thing to do to put yourself out there open to all the people who feel that you don't fullfill their world view. I enjoy greatly your work and look foreward to seeing each new piece. Keep up the excellent work.

Vegasrails2Vegasrails2almost 7 years ago
Yappin Dogs

I've enjoyed your stories including this one, as you can hopefully imagine I would of liked for you to run it a bit further, I think there were a few avenues to explore but if your getting tired of writing guess I'll wait for to pick up the pen. Thanks for sharing your work and I do hope you add some more chapters to this one. Good luck Ken

bioman57bioman57almost 7 years ago
Great story

Your characters were well developed, story was well done, the only negative I can say about it is that it is not done. did they get back together or become friends or side he never talk to her again. He seems to be the only adult of the entire group and his x wife is finally growing up and paying for her mistakes.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 7 years ago
Great last page.

Talk about icing on the cake. I snorted coffee through my nose. Thanks. I'll patiently await your return by catching up on and re-re-reading your past postings.*****

jezzazjezzazalmost 7 years ago
Always loved your style.

You come on back now, when you get done with other stuff, you here? Yeah.

Justgr8Justgr8almost 7 years ago
Love it!!!

Really going to miss your stories and the little piece of Louisiana you bring with them... This was a great story about a man who knew exactly who he was and owned it. Stepping up for those kids was really a nice touch....

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 7 years ago
Will miss your crazy

Take care.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicalmost 7 years ago
Another great story

Hope your time away is a joyful one. Please return when and if you can. 5*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Meh

"Girl needs a real man, not some little pussy she can just jerk around” – God, no wonder she’s the way she is! Any decent father would be happy she’s dating a good guy instead of some punk.

"And it took you almost two years say thank you?" – It took her two years to grow up!

“mocked him about Jared's humiliating him.” – He humiliated himself.

“Jared met Francis Esposito and Connie Esposito, Rochelle's parents” – When did they meet? The previous sentence said that she had to work.

“a private space that was larger than the back seat of Rochelle's car” – Who cares about Rochelle’s car? She’s out with Jared!

I’m sorry, I can’t go on, too many unexplained jumps.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
5

Boy your stories will be missed. They always remind me of "Tobacco Road". Another 5

Sidney43Sidney43almost 7 years ago

"Roach L", laughed my ass off when I read that line, made my day. I suppose I should be aggravated because that will be on my mind for God only knows how long. Going to echo another post, will miss your stories yeah.

SantacruzmanSantacruzmanalmost 7 years ago
I really liked your story!

Sey, Jim Bob, a lot of people may not understand that love of a kid, even if you're not the biological father. I have two wonderful step-daughters that love me and for that I'm truly blessed. Understand that this is just a story, but JB, it's also a story that plays out more than we'd like to admit.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful love story.

A fan for sure,

Santacruzman

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 7 years ago
Wish fulfillment

Kind of sad, the whole thing. It gibes with my experience with the boys and girls in high school that peak there. The cheer leader clique at my school married the jocks, then they became Jehova's Witnsses and all divorced thereafter. The guy voted most likely to succeed went on to drive a beer truck. I went off quietly and worked on degrees, got married at 28 and have had a good life. I went to my 25th high school reunion, and that was enough for me. All the hot girls were dried up middle-aged women and that was sad to see. The Moral: the good people in high school usually peak later; any guy in H.S. with styled hair and a hot car he worships is not a good prospect, but many women are just immature and mind-numbingly dumb at that age.

MajorRewriteMajorRewritealmost 7 years ago
You prolific man huh

Write like machine. All the life of them folks pour out.

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
THE HEIGHT OF STUPIDITY

doing repetition and expecting a different outcome while living in the past, TK U MLJ LV NV

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
THIS STORY DESERVES A 2ND PART

and a closure for the Cajuns, TK U MLJ LV NV

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3almost 7 years ago
Needs More

Usually I don't mind open ended finishes, its the authors prerogative. But, this one needs a part 2. Good so far but also so far from the end.

kage440kage440almost 7 years ago
I agree, another part to tie up loose ends.

A very good read. Highly enjoyable. I'd like to see how they all end up. Live has a tendency to come around again.

keep on writing and hurry back.

rondell347rondell347almost 7 years ago
Yeah, got in one.

Yapping dogs, great title.

Won't state the obvious......

But nicely presented, still a world of sad.

theFBReftheFBRefalmost 7 years ago
Come back soon

Don't be away to long please!

dinkymacdinkymacalmost 7 years ago
Great story, as usual!

The only bad thing is no more stories!! :(

BBeinhartBBeinhartalmost 7 years ago
Here's to

.....Your hiatus being a short one. Hope to hear from you soon.

checkaho013checkaho013almost 7 years ago
Great as usual

As always colorful and a joy to read

TakeALittleTimeTakeALittleTimealmost 7 years ago
More noir lit

This is possibly your best story yet. Not too many people, easy to follow the events.

Hope the hiatus is a short one.

bruce22bruce22almost 7 years ago
Hope that you will be back soon

Jared was really a nice guy. Impressive in his working capacity and in his human relationships. Truly enjoyable!

shanaopshanaopalmost 7 years ago
Good Story 5 *

I like your writing.

You let me know how it is there in the red states.

now i understand why people there vote republican

Vincent0901Vincent0901almost 7 years ago

Thank you and good luck!!!

C_frommnC_frommnalmost 7 years ago
Great Story

Good Luck Hope you come back. enjoy your story's and Your Lack of an Editor.

patilliepatilliealmost 7 years ago
Great little story

about the pitfalls of valuing superficial qualities like appearance, bad boy, coolness, big tits, cheerleader, etc. Really does kinda work out like this too, for those that dont have good parents providing the structure and economics necessary to guide good decision making in adolescent children.

extemporeextemporealmost 7 years ago
Another winner , , ,

Though your stories are often about the non-winners in life or a little bit too much like real life. But, you are unique in how immersed your characters are in their surroundings and how vividly you portray the consequences of their failings and virtues.

I was late in getting into your stories, but I am working through them, once every now and then. It takes a while, since I can deal with "real life" only a little at a time.

gmann57gmann57almost 7 years ago

I like your stories, They are pretty much right on

muncher354muncher354almost 7 years ago
Not bad.

I'm not sure if you have been cheated on, hut your stories are usually solid and this one is no different. Once again, a cheating wife who isn't too bright and is stuck in a childish mentality. I guess that's how it goes for some people and it takes them a while to learn that isn't a good way to live. At any rate, I enjoyed the story. Have been following you for a few months now, get to read a story from you once in a while. Keep making these, always like to see characters get taught a lesson.

Rme49Rme49almost 7 years ago
Come back soon

I love your style and can hear the 'Looosiana' accent as I read your offerings. Please don't take too long of a hiatus. I really don't want to have to deal with withdrawal symptoms.

Gibbo68mustangGibbo68mustangalmost 7 years ago
Back soon

I look forward to your submissions and hope you will not be gone too long. Both your writing style and subject matter mean that I await each story with bated breath. I have reread most of my favourites of your stories at least 3 times so please return soon or let us know where you are now contributing.

Cheers, A British fan.

jackagjackagalmost 7 years ago
anuther good un!

I always enjoy your stories, feel like i know a little part of lousiana.

sorry to read your taking a hiauatis.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 7 years ago
Easy 5

Fine talent you have! Wonderful dialog an characters. Can always do a flash story now can't ya?

Chilley

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanalivealmost 7 years ago
Aw Come on JimBob

There's a lot of crap on this site. You are one who is worth reading . Don't stay away too long. 5*

Alaska84Alaska84almost 7 years ago

Thank you for sharing your stories with us!

Don't stay away too long!

Crusader235Crusader235almost 7 years ago
Man

Jared was the only Man those yapping dogs ever knew. Easy 5 this one, thanks for it!

Side note: he should use Roach L for what she is, a slut, fuck her brains out then send her back home to her little room.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 7 years ago
A story filled with stupid people

Jared should just have moved on rather than taking on two girls that aren't his. The sheer stupidity boggles the mind, especially that he let the sperm donors off the hook financially.

If he wants to be a father he should start dating and find the right woman to father his children.

InsigniaInsigniaalmost 7 years ago
True measure of a man

To take care of two kids not for his benefit but for the girls' benefit. Gonna miss Degarde.

boatbummboatbummalmost 7 years ago
Superb!

Even though Jared was a bit over-the-top in the opening salvo that was directed at the clique girls, he was a wonderful protagonist. Roach L's kids are very lucky that they have a 'Daddy' like him in their lives. Now all Jared needs is a good woman who will love and honor him like he so richly deserves, and she sure as hell won't be one of the sluts from the clique!

Loved the way you worked the language, bringing the patois and speech patterns of Cajun country to life as well as the printed page can present.

Sorry to read that you'll be going on hiatus, don't be a stranger! ;-)

chytownchytownalmost 7 years ago
Good Read****

Very entertaining story/ Thanks for sharing.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmalmost 7 years ago
Sorry for your hiatus

I really enjoy your stories. When they come on I try to read it quickly. No cuckold in them. Have a nice hiatus, will be looking for more of your stories.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 6 years ago
Sorry

Fell asleep during first shag of roach. You were right, should have hit back button at the start. Boring, where is the wife?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
hurry back, JB44

i always enjoy your stories.

best success with your writing!

RA

nairdahnairdahover 6 years ago
Ready for more

That was a good read although I drifted out when talking about jobs - I suppose everyone's a critic... sorry! - but it was a good read. I'm not sure I would have done what he did in the end, but I hope there's a sequel coming soon :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
So et me get this straight!

The two biological fathers will have nothing to do with their children but Jered not being married to their mother adopts them, lol! Bullshit. Jered would have found a nice girl friend way before he returned to his home town since he was a very nice adult man who had a good job. You make Jered very shallow in character by having him fuck the cheerleaders who hated him in high school. I was a geek in high school and I would never shag any of those skank cheerleaders. You wouldn't know what kind of STDs they were carrying. Most them are now hooking, lol!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Needs Chapter 2

Read most of your stories. This is one I keep going back to. Each time I read it, I keep thinking it's not finished and it needs another Chapter. How does the two baby girls grow up and find out the truth about their parentage? Does Jared find someone else not in the clique and have his happy ending? Being from Louisiana, I'm familiar with a lot of the places you reference.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Needs Chapter 2

Read most of your stories. This is one I keep going back to. Each time I read it, I keep thinking it's not finished and it needs another Chapter. How does the two baby girls grow up and find out the truth about their parentage? Does Jared find someone else not in the clique and have his happy ending? Being from Louisiana, I'm familiar with a lot of the places you reference.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Sometimes less is more

Not asking for the jerks to surrender parental rights would have helped her, made life better for the girls, without diminishing him at all.

fisheronefisheroneabout 6 years ago
Dont realize what you have

Rochelle and Leslie complimented Jared on the size of his tool and his abilities in bed. So what I dont understand is Rochelle sleeping with two lovers outside of marriage if Jared was that good. Rochelle had it all kids home and loving husband and throws it away for second class men.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
fisherone, get real!

Rochelle was a submissive slut. They will drop their panties anytime one of their old handsome boyfriends ask them to. Jared would normally be on the oil rigs for 3 and a half weeks. Do you really think that Rochelle the slut would wait until he returned to get laid? You are are naive.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good read

Most stories by Jimbob44, most everyone gets what they deserve. This is one of them. Liked it and the way it began, too. While this story had a good ending, a sequel at some point would be welcome.

phil2213phil2213about 6 years ago
The good guy wins and the bad wife goes up in flames.

This was a good story and I held out hope for a happy ending. The children were innocent and didn't deserve the isolation from a good man like Jared. Rochelle was not responsible for being a bad person she was naturally a groupie in her followers with her gang. Jared had an occupation that left Rochelle too much time on her hands and the lack of motivation, intellect and maturity to sever her toxic relationship with her gang. I think this author has a great opportunity to close the door on many nagging issues about Jared and Rochelle. Can Rochelle grow up and become a responsible adult? Can Jared find true love? How are Gloria and Kathleen going to develop with Jared as an influence? At any rate thank you for sharing your talent and skills in writing this extremely interesting and entertaining story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Really sad

In college I had a friend from a rural town in Kansas and this is literally how she described the town. I was a sophomore when the ‘09 recession hit and this story is her towns life. I only bring it up to say how unfortunately accurate and well written this was. And to me that makes it really sad.

LeFrog08LeFrog08almost 6 years ago
Good luck...

...with this other project. I've been a fan since '09...

Hope to read your next work eventually.

ohyessssssohyessssssalmost 6 years ago
Bleak

Jared grew up quickly. Obviously, the male members , as well as the female members of the clique, never did. I like the way the story progressed. The thing I find amusing was that he actually got homesick for WHAT? Santa Barbara is a pretty awesome place. But, he wanted to go back to a place where everyone stagnated. You’d think he could meet one “keeper”, in all his travels. The only winners were the two children.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
Jared Needs Some Self Awareness

He makes fun of the cheerleaders for wanting the hot shallow guys; telling them they should want nice geeky guys. And what does he do? Pursue, the nice, intelligent, "pretty next door" type girl? No, he pursues the hot shallow girls. So easy to give advice and see where others' mistakes. And since the author make any mention of this and neither the commenters, it seems that it's ok for men to value women primarily based on their looks, but it's shallow for women to base their desire of a companion primarily on looks.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 6 years ago
Take that, Mean Girls!

Nicely done, in a roundabout way.

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago
Maybe he should have made his own

But he took the bastards of his ex wife, and raised and loved them as his own. That is certainly the best way to "for the kids." Better than getting back together with the ex and show the kids how cold life and relationships should(nt) be. It's not his problem, he didn't have to, but he took it on to give these children a chance at an adjusted life. Hardly worse than adoption or fostering. I'm not sure if I caught his precise motivation. It seemed to be a bond, plus added the other. He's practically a hero, saving these unwanted children from their unworthy parents.

dirtywhiteboy67dirtywhiteboy67almost 6 years ago
my opinion

Excellent story.

To Anonymousinblue, I agree with you.

To Ohyessssss, He was home sick for Louisiana, it beats the hell outta California for some of us. Personally I've been to 42 different states and 23 foreign countries, but I still had to return home to Mississippi. Some us prefer the Deep South over any other place on Earth.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 5 years ago
A cuckold misery fest.

This story was awful.

1*

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
Cuckmeister General

1*

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
A 5.0 GPA???

Where do you get one of those? Straight A's are a 4.0 and if you take the honors courses you can bump that up to about 4.1. There is no 5.0 in any school I have ever seen.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Yes some schools have 5.0 mine 4.0 and no higher as kids say I am older than dirt

Good story

Growing up late but growth

I don't know how I want to end this story

Usually no I but am stuck this time

Might have to read again later

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
👌 nice

Guys you are behind times. It's possible, though unlikely, to achieve a 6.0. GPA. It's possible to take courses in high school that are harder than many in college. These courses are weighted to show degrees of difficulty, and differentiate them from ON LEVEL COURSES.

MormonJackMormonJackabout 4 years ago
JB - great job.

I guess I kept thinking that Roach L would get back together with Jared. I think that if he keeps seeing the kids he will.

Thanks for sharing. I found it a fun story to read and parse - I had to get used to the language.

MJ

jimjam69jimjam69about 4 years ago
Excellent

Well written poignant story. Should be required reading for all high school students.

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

Another great story. What a typical bunch of high school cheerleaders who never grow up. Like all of JimBob's stories, it's a keeper.

WisquejacWisquejacover 3 years ago

Good man, good story. Thanks.

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
SAD STORY

Unfortunately, while it is fiction, very realistic. I haven't read a bad story by JB44. Some of the stories are of a janre that I don't care for, so I skip those. JB44 has a talent for storytelling. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Agree Sad

Seems genuine. You even feel sorry for Rochelle in the end. I didn't know people like this, but guess they exist. Guess, as the song says, I ain't missing' a thing...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Derby

Well written story hit close to home for me. To bad he didnt swoallow his pride and try to reconnect with her. Thanks for an awesome read.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 3 years ago
other than willing raising other men's kids

I gave it a 4. I don't see how you don't see their bio-dad's face when you look at them. I couldn't do it and I'm man enough to admit it.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Ok story i was expecting better.

Sorry anon it wasnt a case of "To bad he didnt swoallow (sp) his pride and try to reconnect with her" A) he didnt love her and B) walking away from someone who has 2 f-ing kids from 2 different fathers while he fathered neither has little to do with pride. There are far bigger issues at play here than pride. My guess is you've been happily cucked at least once.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I was going to feel sorry for the kids. Glad i didnt have to!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well taking care of another mans child is very noble but kind of uncharacteristic for a healthy male ego without the companionship of a mother to go along with it.

Hence my conclusion that here we have another author projecting his moral compass (never let a child suffer, better make an undeserving adult suffer) on the main character and making him a man with all the characteristics of a middle-aged women.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Loved your disclaimer. The comments section for all the writers are so filled with irrelevant, foolish, nasty comments that serve no purpose. Too bad they aren't used to discuss the writers stories and mistakes in a civilized manner.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Very good story and loved your preface about your writing. A good story about losers that never grew up, even the college boy was a failure. Our hero was a tech school grad with a high paying trade job as a welder. I to was never cut out to go to college as I was making more in the refigeration trade than most engineers with 4 year degrees.

Any young people looking for a job? Most of the trades pay $100K a year plus benefits become an apprentis and make some decent money

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Don’t be so hard on yourself, I like your stories even with the ? Grammar. Just kidding.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 2 years ago

Boy do you know how to spin a good yarn. That was wonderful and I just looked over and saw a part 2? This ended so well with his daughters. I can't imagine what is remaining for those characters. I just hope it isn't sad because this feels nice. I am going to read it now; we are staying at our coastal home this New Years which is so nice for reading, but if you make me cry, you are in trouble buster.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I find it interesting to read a story that one can relate. Back in my day those from small towns such as you described the men graduated from high school and joined the military. Maybe made a career out of it or did their time and found a location to better their lives. Sure worked for me. Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"He had not loved Rochelle; many times he had not even liked the beautiful blonde. On retrospect, instead of marriage, he should have demanded a paternity test. If the child had been his, then he could arrange to pay child support."

Ya think?

BigfundrewBigfundrewabout 2 years ago

I enjoyed this...a lot

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

A pretty good story about some pretty dumb broads and a couple of assholes and one good responsible good guy.

Good story that gets the point across that fucking around does have consequences. 5 stars for effort, it was a very 'real' story.

WargamerWargameralmost 2 years ago

A hard story to take.

3/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

JARED'S CHARACTER WAS BADLY WRITTEN....ACTUALLY A FUCKING DISAPPOINTMENT!! THE BITCHES LESLIE THEN ROACHELLE USED HIM....LIKE FUCKNG GROW A PAIR!! THE SAME SLUT FRIENDS HANGING WITH THE SAME LOSERS LILE BILLY, TOMMY, ETC

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Jared is a stupid cuck, hanging around the same sluts and desperate for other men's children

Diecast1Diecast1almost 2 years ago

Just a story, without an end. AAAA++++

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Not sure why this is so highly rated. It isn't bad. We get zero communication between Rochelle and Jared after the reveal. Why the heck would she even want to be with Tommy again and have a kid with him? Do the sluts in this author's stories just never bother to use contraception? And given how long he was gone, would Gloria even have any memories of Jared? Didn't he leave when she was less than two years old? Maybe it was three years old and she would have some memories. not clear. I know the idea is the entire clique of girls were all sluts but why cannot any of them change even slightly? I am not saying in any Rochelle wouldn't cheat when her husband was away on the rig jobs, but still why and why with the jerks she had already rolled around with? Why not slight fall from grace not total annihilation of the marriage. Maybe Rochelle cheated a couple of times after an argument and husband going off to a rig job. Maybe have the younger girl be Jared's so the dilemma is focused on Gloria who always loved. In terms of just sex it was pretty clear that Jared was a far better lover than Tommy. So get a vibrator when the husband is away. I get that the author wanted it to be about the kids (both not his biological daughters) and not the spouse. But literally no communication? And court orders and instant scorched earth that hit the kids as well. Harsh.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 1 year ago

Jared's decision to get his two little girls was an honorable decision and Gloria's reaction when Jared walked in brought tears to my eyes. Readers will call him all sorts of names, cuck, wimp etc., but the only important name being voiced is when his girls call him daddy. Probably saved those girls lives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pathetic cuck .

Getting custody of two other men's children .

Disgusting

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 1 year ago

Great story, I'm so happy he went back for the kids. He did the right thing, absolutely the right thing, by loving those girls enough to take them under his wing and show them what a real man is.

.

Can you imagine those girls growing up with only their mother and her friends as role models? Thanks JimBob.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

good story

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

Good, but sad, lesson in self-destruction.

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

Reread you did a great job of showing us a slice of life I enjoy your work

tonyneatotonyneatoover 1 year ago

Loved it !! 5 Stars

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories