All Comments on 'Yapping Mongrels'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 71 Comments
dinkymacdinkymacabout 6 years ago
Super story!

Thanks for sharing a great read.

Gibbo68mustangGibbo68mustangabout 6 years ago
Back on top form

Glad you are back writing on this site again. I really enjoy your stories and ended up re- reading a number if them when you went dark for a while. Enjoyed this one and look forward to many more. Keep it up, you are my favourite author on here.

cloacascloacasabout 6 years ago
Great work

Perhaps your best. You channel some Jim Thompson and some others in this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
garbage

Meh

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Sorry, way too many holes for me.

What evidence did they have to convict him of killing his wife and boyfriend? None that I could see. You need more than just suspicions to convict someone of murder. You should have trumped up something, anything to make it a little more believable.

That was just one of the glaring holes but I'm not going into them all.

I also found it hard to believe that the whore didn't recognize her father. I gave it a 3 and I think that's being kind.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Incredibly depressing

Rochelle was desperate to get back with Jared, she finally gets her shot, then she cheats on him for years and gets blown up?

Jared has a loveless relationship with Rochelle, gets thrown in prison (based on no evidence) and the daughters he adored hate him?

The two daughters get turned into whores, are abused for years, and are permanently traumatised?

Damn... that was one depressing story!

ManoBlueManoBlueabout 6 years ago
Trash man

This was horrible

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
another winner

Nice, entertaining way to use lots of characters. Vintage JimBob44

LVGirlLVGirlabout 6 years ago
Inspiring

What a wonderful story of people who find themselves in terrible situations who are able to overcome and move toward happiness. A story of love and redemption.

Thank you for sharing.

Papajim55Papajim55about 6 years ago
reality

Hi yes yapping mongrels is a great tale about a man and his family. Although not real it does portray a reality that exists in society.loved as I do most of your work. By we

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
5- Stars OLD_CROW

I read it & enjoyed it.

My degree is a BS in engineering so I don’t see all the spelling errors, punctuation gaffes or other things people complain about. I guess all I read for is content and yours is among the best.

Thanks for another great read.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 6 years ago
Author did warn us - Dark, self-edited story

Difficult to tell who was who for part of it. Interesting stream of consciousness. Jared sure didn't deserve the piles of shit dumped on him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Huecuck thinks "schwanze" is Bulgarian for

"cuck in a closet"

deblackbusterdeblackbusterabout 6 years ago
Holy shit

I always wanted a sequel to yapping dogs and channel 12 news, but this was so damn dark! I still liked the story, but hot damn dude why so dark! I'm glad you wrote a sequel though.

I'm really glad Summer is doing good.

deblackbusterdeblackbusterabout 6 years ago
Also

What did Huedogg do to get his own loyal anon follower? This anon stalks him wherever he goes and whenever he comments? How bad did he piss off anon to get that?

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 6 years ago
Goood

Tough and gritty, but what a hopeful final scene with pawpaw Milt. “Righting a Wrong” is still my favorite - always my go to for a JB44 fix, but Milt Duhon - he’s my favorite character. Thanks*****

p.s check out MelissaBaby’s “My Fall and Rise” for a nut crunching prison story!

FrankRedmontFrankRedmontabout 6 years ago
Great Follow-Up

. . . to “Yapping Dogs” and on “On Channel 12”, as well as being a cogent examination of the evil that men and women do; not to mention the excellent reminder of the power of love and forgiveness. Thanks for another fine effort!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
That was dumb

Why was Chad popular. Had his own fan club? Did I read that wrong? He was a bum in the prequel. Also no judge is going to sentence a man to 20 years with 0 evidence. Why did he hire a lesser lawyer? Half this stuff came out of nowhere. You ruined 2 perfectly good stories with this nonsense.

IaOldTimerIaOldTimerabout 6 years ago
Liked it Yeah

Just like your other stories

ForensicFossilForensicFossilabout 6 years ago
JB44, You Real Good!

Boy I like JB 44's stories. He writes terrific dialogue, good, gritty plots, emotion-he does it all. Thans, JB, and have a sparkly day!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Fuck you critics!

JB44 is becoming a master of the genre, getting better and better and better.

ribnitinribnitinabout 6 years ago
difficulty keeping track

Towards the end of the story I had trouble keeping track of who was who and how they were related.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Sad, Hopeless

But engaging characters. Good story!

TakeALittleTimeTakeALittleTimeabout 6 years ago
A step forward, to the side and then back, but then another side step

I really enjoyed this one. It was back the soap opera feel of JB44s work up until a year or so ago. I like the reference to JB44 in the email piece of the story. Meta. Nice.

I do have a problem with the reporter's use of the Cajun accent/dialect in general. In theory she can use traditional Associated Press English and grammar on air, and while she could probably sell the "Hi-eee / Bye-eee" in a small market, it'd be frowned upon in today's corporate media management.

Forget but two characters had knee-length hair. That's rare. Just one would be good. I *think* I remember the reporter having it. Not realistic. Put the fetish power of that into the other character who has this trait.

I LOVE that this was not another "r<randown blue collar guy> is a secret millionaire. That's not realistic. This story, while having some loose ends in Jared's conviction, built nicely.

Thank for a nice diversion. I hope my comments are helpful. I really do enjoy your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Hooooooeeeeee JB

Dat be some good rittin, you!

looking4itlooking4itabout 6 years ago

You must really hate these characters from the original dogs story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Leave little Huecuck alone!!!

Better that he spends all his time here instead of gunning down co-eds in SB or driving his van down a sidewalk in Toronto like those other incels.

Let little Huecuck be!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Yeah, stop tormenting the incels, or "closet cucks"

No one wants those misogynists out in the real world - let them spew their bile on every cheating wife in every story they can find so that women in the real world are safer.

Sidney43Sidney43about 6 years ago

My my, you certainly brought out the dogs on this story. Not bad, not bad at all, hear.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good un

Another dawg gone good tale JB. Can't ever get enough. Do the cuckies and twinks still get upset if the wronged husband isn't the one who burns the bitch?

KingJohn

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Can't put it down.

Your stories are about real people types except they are amplified. Like they're living with the volume turned to 11. Once I start reading it is impossible to stop.

Great writing, all of it. I liked this ending better than "dogs".

green117green117about 6 years ago
Rather liked this one...

the only bit that jumps out at me is the heroism of the hero is.... a bit too heroic, I think. Similarly, the redemption seemed quick but for a short story what should I expect? I suppose I really need to treat all of this as one big magnum opus, but that would be work, work I tells you...

But that could be just me.

Thanks for your efforts and time.

Green-something

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 6 years ago
unreadable ... Boring filled with plot holes ... incoherent

i fell asleep 2x reading this crap. The husband is a fucking retard for even trying to care about slut whore cunts daughters that are not even his and who went of their ways to testify against him

the murder trial. was written by a Moron. Dont you like need facts or evidence?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Yapping mongrels

Is that BillyBob's autobiography? What a lousy writer. And a red-neck racist.

gmann57gmann57about 6 years ago

Man that was one of the best I have read here. That shit really happens too. Im a fan JimBob. You know how to spin a tale

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
You don't need no editor, no.

I don't see no mistakes, no.

Love your stories, yeah.

Thanks, JimBob.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A very good read

I've enjoyed reading Jimbob's stories, even those that are not normally to my taste. I like how he uses recurring characters andr locations without disrupting the s oftory lines. I would love to see A timeline to get a sense of order though. I will often find a reference to another story and read it just to learn more ascot the characters. Jimbob, please keep writing. I look forward to reading more about the purple and towns in your stories.

sengimaxsengimaxabout 6 years ago
Enjoyable Read.

As a Brit living in the UK I enjoy all your stories. They are so different from stories that I normally read and therefore much appreciated. How anyone can comment that they do not like these stories or leave an insulting comment is beyond my comprehension. Its free fiction from JimBob44's imagination, if the reader does not like, stop reading and go elsewhere.

patilliepatillieabout 6 years ago
Tremendous Jim Bob

Great yarn, loved it, very emotional, love to know what you did to get such insights into the seedier side of life in Cajun country? Were you a cop, a DA, social worker, teacher?

teedeedubteedeedubabout 6 years ago
pretty fiesty

Fun to read one of these. Been reading your stuff for a long time. Please, keep them coming...........

Impo_64Impo_64about 6 years ago
You have chosen a sad and dark part 2 to end your story...

You have chosen a sad and dark part 2 to end your story...I like dark stories, but joining "dark" with sad makes it even more extreme...But it is a good one...4*

26thNC26thNCabout 6 years ago
Aime encore mon ami

JB, as always, I love all your epic stories. I have binged on Swamp People, and old Justin Wilson tapes, and love the Cajun patois. Your stories have that wonderful flavor. I want a bowl of gumbo and a shrimp poboy after reading one. I like all the JB tales, light, dark, and very dark. Please, please, keep it coming. , Tu es le meilleur, pour surea.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 6 years ago
Merdé that is dark.

But superbe. My only problem (and this is probably just me) was loosing who was who every now and then, then having to go back to figure out who was saying what. Sometimes counting ‘odd number is X, even number is Y; so X, then Y, then X, then Y, etc. Oh, ok, now I get it. Wasn’t making sense there for a bit’. Probably just me.

Me likey!

*****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Thank you for both endings, you're a superb storyteller.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmabout 6 years ago
nice. love the violence

Bout time an author does something intriguing. No wimp ass man in this story and that I love. Just got a fan at least if he continues like this.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 6 years ago
One question I have, and I don’t think it was explained...

... was why did he fire his paid lawyer, Penny Jones? Did I miss that somehow? Doesn’t make sense.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 6 years ago
And why did he not suspect Rochelle cheating on him again?

It says he “knew it was stupid” to get with her again. So when things started going a little south after... about 4 years? ... he suspected NOTHING? No hints? No rumours? No clues? I can unde stand giving her the benefit of the doubt, but as they say, “Trust, but verify.”

I just went on in the first read through, to get to the rest of the story. And the rest of the story was so damned good, I forgot my question. But now, on a quick scan, so I could post a comment I picked it up again.

Of course, if he didn’t trust her implicitly the rest of the stoty might not happen. Still, gotta wonder his blinders.

Just me thinking (yeah, I know, “You aint had much practice with that. ‘s no wonder you not so good at it.”)

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 6 years ago
Good story.

But some loose ends.

Interactions between

characters was mostly

very good, but some

were strange and/or

unexplained.

The raid of The Basin

was somewhat unbelievable.

And not just because it was

an illegal action.

Nevertheless a good story.

4 out of 5 from me.

LalawmanLalawmanabout 6 years ago
I didn't even know that I wanted a follow up story on these characters until I read this...

I don't like all your stories BUT the ones I do like are simply some of the finest writing on this site. P.S. glad that asshole Monroe got what he did (though he deserved worse) as he is a disgrace as a human, father and a LEO. Now I'm going to read chapter 2!!!!!

boatbummboatbummabout 6 years ago
I Really Like Both Endings

But I'm only going to comment here. This one is dark and gritty, as you intended, and could even fit as a Chapter 3 if Jared hadn't hooked up with Ann and created the "happy family" vibe in Chapter 2. In any case, they are both worthy efforts, and quite enjoyable in their own ways.

Now that I've read a good chunk of your work, I'm enjoying the way you weave characters from other stories in - some with more important roles than others, of course. The refresh of the Duhon tragedy - with the grown-up survivor, Summer - is especially nice.

Thanks much for these tasty bowls of Acadiana, yeah!

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 6 years ago
Painful ...

Not a pleasant read, but a very interesting one. People DO live that way! Once met a man (during his re-entry interview.). He had, three days earlier, been released from the Atlanta Federal Big Slam. He was a geriatric who had been in one incarceration or the other for almost all of his teen & adult life. Not out 24 hours before he went to a bar, got drunk, argued with another old patron and killed him with a broken long-neck bottle to the neck. He was glad to be back inside, where he knew what to do.

Enjoyed the story ... thhanks for all the fish!

5*

korba76korba76almost 6 years ago
As always this is the good stuff..

hope that you keep writing for your own pleasure, lol!

I promise to enjoy...

bayernpeter1bayernpeter1almost 6 years ago
Bravo, well done!!

Its a pleasure to read your story! Thanks for sharing!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 6 years ago
Excellent!

Enjoyable story, and the writing style adds some ‘charm’. Jared was a vanilla character, but consistent with his personality... just as consistent as rescuing them after his release. Was glad to see Milt make another appearance, somehow he adds a level of entertainment that pushes stories over the top. Glad to see Stan get stomped!

Now as for those whiners and complainers... okay, Milt probably should have tried to recover the gun days after leaving, but that doesn’t make it his fault. The mother put the events in-motion (cheating) AND pulled the trigger! Cruelty for shutting-down payments? That isn’t even retribution - it’s just moving-on. The whiners must be cheaters, there’s no other reason to think a man should pay for people to treat him terribly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
ok

just like life. slap hapy papy #9

PaddyyddaPPaddyyddaPover 5 years ago
Excellent stand alone story

But I still prefer the original happy conclusion of Yapping Dogs. Due to your excellent ability to develop characters, I was invested in those girls, so I prefer to see them having a happy loving childhood and adult life. This was excellent, but I choose not to remember the characters I love suffering as they did in this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

There's writing something darker, and then there's writing creepy torture porn.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984about 5 years ago

Prefer the other but it was a very good alternative ending just could do with a continuation so when knew how things turned out.

Bye yee

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 4 years ago
Jesus, that was dark

It's a lot worse to read about that sort of thing than actually doing it. At least Jared was a good man that did some bad things whereas I am a bad man that did some good things.

SkubabillSkubabillabout 4 years ago

Loved the story. My only question I have is what happened to Annfrom Yapping Dogs? Five stars none the less

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
STILL GOOD

I have read this story several times. It is still one of the best. Every time I become convinced that something like this couldn't happen, I see or hear a news report that tells me that the story may be really close to a true condition. GREAT STORY! 5*

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

Again, for this dark but satisfying story. Every one of the bad guys accounted for. Great work.

WisquejacWisquejacover 3 years ago

All 5 for the end of Stan!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I have read many of your stories in the LW category. I'm impressed with your style. I particularly like the stories and dialogue in the stories with the Bender/DeGarde settings.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

YOU REALLY FUCKED UP TGIS DARK VERSION WITH ALL THE SHIT HAPPENING TO JARED!! YOU ARE A FUCKING WORTHLESS WRITER TO WRITE THIS

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Karma dealt with Kathleen and Gloria

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I guess I like "dark" stories. I liked how Jared never stopped being a father, never took any prisoners and had such a great sense of duty and honor. Best of all, no wiling cucks or wife sharing idiots.

muskyboymuskyboy12 months ago

Getting blown up wasn't bad enough for his wife....

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Well done, some damn onions getting chopped here too.

rbloch66rbloch667 months ago

I don’t mind dark….. some of this went well beyond that. Still wanna know what happened to Ann.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.

SIMILAR Stories