All Comments on 'Yes, Dear Ch. 01'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 50 Comments
BigJohn601BigJohn601over 11 years ago
Well , she does have one Hell of a secret....

Looking forward to see how it ends up. Very romantic so far and so well written.

art1972art1972over 11 years ago
Great story

Great story, was disappointed it was a multipart. But understand. Keep it up your writing is improving to the standard of startstang. Thanks for sharing ur talents. The bogeyman

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Dammit

You did it once again and left me hanging there....

Can't wait until the next installment.

I enjoy your stories - keep up the good work!

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
HIGH ALTITUDE JOBS AND PRESSURES

add homemade lemonade, homecooking and you have a lethal combination. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Like the story, but...

I like the story, but given how successful she is, wouldn't she already have the gender re-assignment surgery by now?

SnowsageSnowsageover 11 years ago
Interesting start

Really looking forward to seeing what happens next with these two. It's a bit jarring how you keep switching from first person to third person, if you stuck with a consistent perspective it would be an even better read.

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Very Interesting

and well written. She seems do everything except for a certain small intimate detail.

I'll second the question as to why she has not had the appendage removed? But that does not reflect negatively on the quality of the story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Yeah, this should have been labeled tranny.

You write so well. I'm not judging here but for me the word Transgender makes my skin crawl.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
wish it was me

Have lived 8 years as a woman. Very good story. Keep up the good work.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
WHEN ITS FUN FOR THE AUTHOR

the story has to be as well for the readers. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Dear Tazz

I have read hundreds of your short little comments and honestly, at least half the time I have no idea what your point is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Hard to understand the high ratings...

Title to comment says it all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
point of view?

why does it keep changing from first to third person in mid sentence

sparknclasssparknclassalmost 11 years ago
POV changes are very distracting

Loving everything except the constant POV changes. Makes me have to stop and re-read the sentence/paragraph to figure out what you're saying and it throws me out of the story.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorabout 10 years ago
I'll never know...

...how it ends, because I finally gave up. This recklessly switching POV is just too much. I found I too frequently had to re-read something to figure out what was actually happening. Now I see I'm not the only reader who was bothered by it. Maybe the author thinks it is cute to switch POV in a two-sentence paragraph. I don't.

His other stories are mostly well written, with interesting story lines, but just about every one of them suffers from the lack of even the most basic editing. We'll never know if it is caused by ego or ignorance, but it definitely lessens the quality of his final products. A story published here was not written over night. It often takes the author days or weeks to finish. After such a serious commitment, he owes it to the possible hundreds (sometimes thousands) of readers to publish it in a finished format. When it has frequent typos, wrong words and, in this case, wanton flipping of POV, it is an insult to his readers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
what pov changes?

im writing this as ive just read this chapter and then the top two comments i fail to see any pov changes it is all from a first person pov from the same charecter

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

To the previous anon, you're an idiot, the POV changes mid sentence all the time, this writer does not know how to keep to one pov.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Yes the PoV shifting is distracting

But the story is still good and promises to be fun - so i am going along for the ride -

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
i confess

I confess i am homophobic; it is definitely against nature, that i am sure. but, this story, it is just too good; other than the sentences that talk about the main protagonist's dilemma, it just does not feel like what is going on here is about a transexual romantic overtures. good story....or good part 1. I don't know.

smokepolesmokepoleover 9 years ago
great, except...

This is a phenomenal beginning! It has all the making s of a harlequin romance (just joking). Yes, it is exactly the romantic thing I was looking for.

Now regaining my masculinity... Could use a little editing (like at the art exhibit where Brian is referred to as Dave). Punctuation is always a plus for readers of romance.

Otherwise, a story we all wish would happen to one of us (or has, but we caught her cheating LOL)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
so good

The story has started out so good.

Ron. Texas

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Dave

They called Brian Dave at one time

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
YOU WARNED EVERYONE

You warned everyone at the sart of the story if this is not your cup of tea to pass on the story. After reading 2 or 3 lines I was hooked. It is funny loving has intruge. Anyone that cannot read this story and enjoy it and see the ups and downs and the struggle that Andi has should be reading comic books.This is not my first time to read it or my last. It is in my favorites.I will admit at first when I read it was about a transgender person I had negative thoughs but I think it is one of the best stories I have read.

Ron Texas

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
great story

great story in my favorites. Don't know how many times to have read it.

Ron. Texas

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
interesting tension build

it will be interesting to see how you fit this in Romance once the big reveal has happened.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
LIKE YOU SAID AT FIRST

This is the first transgender story that I have ever read and I have to say that it has held my attention all the way thru. I guess the old saying Love is where you find it and Who you find it with is so very true. I have read it before and it is in my favrites. It makes me think back a couple years ago about a fire fighter that losthis life fiting a huge fire(he was divorced and had two children by his first wife) any way somwhow the wife did some digging and finally found that his wife was transgender and the mud slinging started. The gist of it all was she wanted the insurance money than changed it t she wanted it for the children it was all over the news on T.V. and in the papers. She was a very lovely woman. I dont know what ever came of it because all of a sudden it just died down.I know this has nothing to do with this story but he was aware that she was transgender before they married. Like I said earlier LOVE is where you find it and WHO you find it with.

Ron Texas

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I'll never finish this mess

A truly horrible story posted in the wrong category. It clearly belongs in the Transgender/cross dresser category. Sorry that I read it.

waifwaifalmost 6 years ago
IT IS NOT In Wrong Category

It is a Romance tale in which the protagonist is transgender. I hate to burst your bubble but this isn't 1958. I see a ton of stories in Lit that crossover into multiple genres.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wrong category

"It is a Romance tale in which the protagonist is transgender."

Nope.

If this was about a brother and sister having a romance, it would be in the Incest category. If it was about two guys having a romance, it would be in the Gay male category. If it was about two women having a romance, it would be in the Lesbian category.

This is about a transitioning man having a romance... it should have been in the Transgender category. The fact that the protagonist is Trans is an integral part of the story.

skruff101skruff101almost 4 years ago

It seems that a lot of commenters are unwilling to accept that being transgendered makes it impossible to have romantic love. Perhaps they believe gays or lesbians are incapable of such emotion too.

We supposedly live in enlightened times but clearly not those of you that need to ignore a good story just to criticise the placement in the ‘WRONG CATEGORY’.

Once again this author has written a well thought out story with good characters. Those that criticise grammar, syntax and spelling, well let’s face no one on these sites is a Tolkien or Hemingway, we have to give authors some latitude, they’re doing this for fun and hopefully for our entertainment.

Well done qhml1. Like your style.

KingCuddleKingCuddleover 3 years ago
Bailing out to third person..?

It creates the impression the author is saying,

"But this isn't really me, okay?"

It's a first-person story.

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

At least he/she is Faithful so far...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WTF....'SHE' IS NO DIFFERENT TO KAREN..

LYING TO HIM

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

In my old age it's difficult to except or understand this switching gender thing but the writer is good and spins a nice yarn. So here I am waiting to see how this all turns out. Maybe the phrase "To thine own self be true" applies somewhere in here. Keep wring, I've read several of your other stories both LW and Romance and they are all good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is my first time reading this kind of story. Love storyline and found it quite interesting. Definitely a five star rating 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

If you are dating a woman, and you finally get to "third base" and there is 'a man on third' you are going to have a bad time...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Its a shame when closed minded people feel that their opinion is the only right one - especially since they wouldn't have read the tale otherwise. I might have even passed, now I'm glad I did.

This is my second read (or is it the third) and the 3 part tale was well presented and truly belongs where it is. Q made a believer out of me and I would imagine others as well. Thanks Q!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting subject and development.

You should have asked Randi to edit this story that overflows with all sort of mistakes.

4*

BJ

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

What I love about the whole gender debate is that grown people are trying to convince everyone else that their feelings should be paramount in any argument? I feel Female or Male? So what does that even mean? If you want to dress up as a woman well that's your business but don't ask me to pretend your not a guy dressing up as a chick!

You get your dick cut off, get fake boobs and electrolysis well same thing applies. YOUR A GUY DRESSING UP AS A CHICK don't ask me to empower your delusion. The fact that so many people are willing to play along is just fucking pathetic. Read the Emperor's New Clothes' it's apropos to the whole debate.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 1 year ago

While some readers would deduct points for the changes between POV and the typos, I'm enjoying the story enough that it gets a pass. Romance is the best category IMHO, even if it involves a trans person. Now, on to the next chapter.

OnlyInMyMindOnlyInMyMindabout 1 year ago

Sorry but the POV changes spoiled the flow

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I get lost as it changes from me to she. I finally figured it out, but it’s still disconcerting. 4 stars.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Better than warmed up leftover spaghetti!

On to da next…chapter

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

There should be a tag somewhere that says 'transgender'. Iam glad it was mentioned earlier in the chapter or else I would have wasted my time.

Hottdreams80720Hottdreams807207 months ago

Love the start. The buildup has a great flow and I’m feeling her anxiety and struggle even though I’m a male. On to the next one, thanks, Mike

joesijoesi5 months ago

For me a 5 ⭐️ love story!

German nitpicking is kicking in, at the beginning Brian is calling Andi „Andi“ without been introduced!

xhunter4uxhunter4u4 months ago

I read a few of your stories last summer and finally got back to your page today. Why have I been reading dreck for so long? You're an artist and I'm not leaving until I've read ALL of your stories. This story addresses quite a subject, and as someone born in the '50s I'm not as uncomfortable with it as I might be due to the excellence of the writing. You and Rehnquist are my top two.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great start Q, of course I'm on my third trip through this tale. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The POV issue has been beaten to death. My question is why she has not had reassignment surgery yet, being 31 and making very good money? I guess the obvious answer is that there would be no story?

Cracker270Cracker270about 2 months ago

Great story. I am really enjoying it and looking forward to more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Yes, Dear Series Info

SIMILAR Stories