All Comments on 'Yesterday'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 388 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
It is certainly complicated

Interesting premise - cure the kid of stealing chocolate by force feeding him (or her) with it until they can't stand the taste. Don't think I've seen it used in a "cheating wife" story before quite like this - though there was one in which a husband arranged a gangbang for his wife that totally exhausted her. Can't remember the title of that, or the author.

This seems open to an epilogue, if not a full sequel. More on how the kids react and cope (or fail to cope), and more on where these two go with their relationship. Personally I think the wife of the "other man" should be told, if only because her husband might be fooling around with a whole harem with the subsequent STD risk. How she deals with her husband's infidelity is up to her.

Otherwise, nice one.

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 18 years ago
Very cool story

The guys in your stories are certainly unorthodox and creative. He should dump her for wrecking his plan though - all that thought and energy into his course of action and she has the gall to go off script? The nerve of some people :)

I really did like how the husband explained his concerns regarding her behaviour and character and how he wouldnt let her get away with any rationalisations. As I said before, he had a very interesting way of getting her to see his side of things too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
It's hard to be dispassionate

(or at least act that way!) but he did a good job of it.

A very imaginative story, well crafted (although I did get a kick out of viral (viril) in regards to her dalliance).

Dare I ask if there is more?

Nicely done!

cageyteecageyteeover 18 years ago
Something new!

There have been a number of variations on the theme. Leave it to you to come up with something really new!

As always, I enjoyed your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Fantastic Story!

This was a great story. Having been through the pain of a "cheating wife" I can say that offering her the avenue of continuing the affair with my blessing never crossed my mind! However, after reading the story, that is certainly a different way of handling things. As sadistic as it may sound, I was almost gleeful to read her trying to worm her way back into her family's life and coming to the realization that she was just "pussy" to her so called "different & exciting" lover. This story begs for a part two but i won't be disappointed if you don't care to do one.

Looking forward to your next submission...

Deacon

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Very Good Job.

I really like your protrayal of the characters. I would like to have seen more of the progression of change in the wife, that last section seemed a little rushed to me, but that is me and it did not detract from the story. I really like your style of writing. Thank you.

JimDinMN

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Funny Typo: "You have a viral lover..."

That would mean that the guy has AIDS rather than the "virile" lover we might have imagined...

Great story though. Will there be a sequel?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
i'm a fan

you let her expose your childred to aids and stds by you playing mind games.mind games are ok in the right content.you and your childred are in pain and her lover got away clean.you didn't start it,but you could stop it.

wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
Alright, breath easy,

Woodshed is on indefinite hold, could be I even have to face the fact your too old for it now anyway. Welcome back, you're on a roll, that's for sure. A fan always.

SalamisSalamisover 18 years ago
Risky business

This was one hell of a risk! To purposely give approval for an affair to continue was risky as a story, and risky as a strategy within the story. That this couple was married with children for many years allowed me to see this strategy as viable, though the outcome was not foreseen by me as a reader and I believe not by the husband. As I said, this was risky on many levels.

What a classic story with a perfect ending!

gusteufgusteufover 18 years ago
HDK, I'm glad you are an not a crook....

With your wit and imagination, you would be one of those super criminals like in the comic books...LOL. Wow, where do you get all the twists and turns you come up with? This one reminds me of 'Goofy'(another great tale), but he confronts the wife instead. You have your characters let their spouses know that they will go on with their lives despite their adultery. Then the cheater has to face the realities and learns the concequences on their own. Some might think that your characters are not 'vengeful' enough. I absolutely disagree. What is that old saying? 'The opposite of love is not hate...its indifference.'

Thank You for the tale, it is truly a pleasure to find one of your stories submitted.

Gus

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Disappointing Non-Cutsie Angle and

so far from any real world possibility that it was somewhere between peculiar and sicklie or a comedy that drew murmurs of disrespect.

The Husband/Father encouraging the cuckolding frankly left me cold as the hole thing felt stickily subhuman. I realize your imagination pushes you out there but this wasn't close to your normal fare - in fact it was closer to the dark side normally reserved for the jaded sicko's.

Respect and credibility are earned over time by one's product. This didn't help yours even though it is obviously your right to do so.

I normally respect your work and encourage more but not this sick angle please. You are too credible to go in that direction even as a cutesy comedic lark.

You are just too good and anticipated for a walk in that dark arena.

Surprised and disappointed but with still some Regard

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
Gonna be a sequel?

There better be a sequel. This is too different for there not to be one. I personally have no idea where you could go with this situation. Maybe like another tale where he divoces the wife when the kids leave home. The fact that she agreed to his proposal to start with tells one volumes. Had she refused to see Ken at that point there would have been a better chance for recovery but even then it wouldn't be anything more than slim. She has shown she doesn't love him or respect him. How does she change to his satisfaction? I doubt she can. I'm sure he isn't going to woo her into the love of old. He doesn't feel like those days, either.

I sure hope the next chapter comes soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great

I continue to enjoy your stories very much. I've noticed that your stories seemed to have changed lately. They seem to be more open-ended which is not bad in itself. Of course there will be a cry from your fans for a sequel which also is not bad; if, this is what you planned in the first place. Of course, the scenario in this story is not like Eleanor Rigby and Michelle and probably could warrant a sequel. Anyway, however you proceed I will continue to enjoy your stories.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Puzzled

HDK:

Your stories are always great. My problem is that to make up my mind about your stories I have to read them a couple of times and then do some soul searching about my reaction. But that is what makes you a great author, you make the readers think about the story and their personal reaction to it.

After I read the story I read the comments. Frankly, I was surprised. I thought that you would be largely boiled in oil, but only a couple of comments suggested that that reader was preparing to stoke the flames.

My reaction was: firstly; this is really different from your usual. Secondly; could I have reacted that way? Doubtful.

Thirdly; Did it all make sense? In a wierd way, yes. Lastly; Was her reaction logical? In the final analysis, yes. Her husband had cut her off and wouldn't let her affair end. Her lover was using her as a perpetual device to masterbate, and she was cornered (even though it was all of her own making). Logic dictated that she act the way she did because essentially her husband was blackmailing her, her lover had turned into a dud, and her options were very limited. She played one of the few cards she had available to her; to 'fessup and make her mea culpa's to the whole family.

HDK: If you follow it up that's neat, but not absolutely necessary. It was a great story and Thank You. Ronnie W.

Kanga40Kanga40over 18 years ago
Another home run

I liked the story.

Did I feel a bit uneasy about his solution? Yes.

Do I believe it could work? No.

But, for the purposes of this story HDK did a good job of making it a plausible scenario.

I was not involved with the characters much at all - another brain dead female, and him not much better, BUT I was interested in how the author would justify it all in the end.

He did that quite well, so congratulations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Bad ending

I liked the story okay, until the ending. Would have been much better with a different ending. The story was not finished, in my eyes.

rpsuchrpsuchover 18 years ago
Almost there

I thought you might get through the initial comments without the husband being accused of being some variant of wimp. I guess the desire for blood can be overpowering.

I loved the unusual approach. It's always nice to see something refreshing.

What I liked as much was the recognition that any action you take in a situation like this is susceptible to collateral damage. You don't undertake a course of revenge without creating the possibility of hurting people who are guiltless. And you showed a pretty large group of innocents who would be damaged. Yes, the guilty parties set the disaster in motion. But, no, that doesn't absolve you if you decide to take a scorched earth policy that leaves others homeless and starving as a result.

patricia51patricia51over 18 years ago
What I liked Best.

Is your ability to change directions, to find new ways to work through old plots. Yes, the "boiling in oil" people mentioned by someone earlier won't like this. And I understand that, they want the same striking "Come-uppance" that you do so well. I like that you took a completely different tack, one that I found very surprising but enjoyed. Am I convinced it would work? No, but a very interesting story and as always, well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Totally different way

to handle a cheating spouse. Blackmail and forcing them to keep cheating I just didn't see. Great job, HDK.

z00timez00timeover 18 years ago
A boiling in oil guy comments

I think that the wife would probably prefer the boiling as oppose to the pain the husband caused with his blackmail.

Think about the life this woman will have after her "confession".

A bullet to the head might be prefered.

Thanks. Great write!

PAPATOADPAPATOADover 18 years ago
Nice Twist

Seemed to be an interesting way to approach the problem. Really enjoyed it.

DavefoDavefoover 18 years ago
HUH?

OK, we all know HDK is one of the better writers we have on

Lit. I concur.

If a new writer had written this one, it would been shot down in flames as totally unrealistic, yada, yada, yada.

HDK deserves the credit many of you offered, and I concur

there. I give the writer a "100" - degree of originality "100" and story line a zero.

Put another way, if HDK proceeded to write every future story in this manner, I would take him off my bookmarks.

Cute is ok...clever is good, but when I read a story that is

so unbelievable as this, I don't save it, I just delete it.

HDK has a proven track record of good, interesting stories

and is certainly entitled to write something different. And

we are entitled to say "HUH"?

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
WOW

Very good, a different type of story from your normal ones. Its the old addage. If you make someone do something its not fun any more...Keep it up good writting

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
WOW!

A really interesting approach to an age old problem. In a way it reminds of the consequences I encountered the first time I was caught smoking. I still remember how vile the damn cigarette tasted. This story begs (or at least this reader) for a continuation. I wouldn't be so bold as to suggest a direction to the author its so much fun to wait and see where he goes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
one complaint

As has been commented, there is the question whether such an approach would work, in real life. It might, depending on the personalities involved, although I tend to doubt it ("Never underestimate the ability of the human mind to self-justify.").

That said, there lurks another question. Just why did Cynthia make this confession to the whole family? In so doing, she delivered a devestating emotional blow to the daughters. The only thing positive accomplished by that is that it makes herself feel better. Either that, or it's another tool to strike out against Gil.

It may be that a sequel could wrap up the hanging story line.

-- KVK

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Boo Hoo

I feel so bad for Cynthia, she's treated like a piece of meat.......poor whore. Seriously, I normally like Harddaysknight's work, this is just a little off. I don't know any husband that would let this affair continue unless he was going to divorce her anyway. He would have to live with the thoughts of what she was doing every time she told him her plans, again, not believable. I don't see how this marriage could continue to survive, and as has been said, now the girls have been injured anyway. And Gil, at least was trying to spare the girls that. Simple human reaction would make him lash out at Cynthia for that, after all he endured to protect them. As others have said, I won't write you off yet, but this one isn't my cup of tea.

cloacascloacasover 18 years ago
One of your best

Excellent.

I think many of your readers don't get the point that the husband is taking revenge. Rather than forgiving her or subjecting her to the usual public humiliation, he has forced her to see herself as a piece of shit. She'll have to live with herself. It is the pain inside which really hurts.

You also made the right writing choice by not revealing the husband's feelings in great detail. If we knew at the start that he had emotionally checked out of the marriage, then what he did wouldn't have the same impact. At the end, I thought you handled the situation quite well, with the cheater a complete wreck and the husband distant from her and concerned only about his kids. She has that moment of realization which you seek as a writer.

charleybearcharleybearover 18 years ago
Good Story HDK

I enjoyed your story a great deal. I for one like new angles and this certainly took a totally different direction from the standard story. Congratulations on a great write.

Sequel? No Sequel? your choice as always, but if you do write it, we will love it..

Charleybear

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
no tomorrow

Another pretty good story , if you do or have Pt-2 already written I hope you don't let the bitch off the hook.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I Agree - HUH

Different can be good but not for it's own sake - to rail against the probable can be cute or unpredictable but usually unsatisfactory in retrospect.

Put another way, when the decided solution is worse than the problem for the people who supposedly matter, where is the benefit?

Is it fair to bank credits to exchange for flights of contrary difference - perhaps but one's wife, boss or friend might not appreciate the 180 degree difference and the offense felt.

Here it's fantasy, and even knowing that, acknowledge that emotions are strong in this arena - enveloping, charging and disappointing often to extremes unimagined by most after all - it's just a story. So, where is the middle and who wants it anyway especially here. Right?

So, imagine telling your wife that she has no choice but to continue to cuckold you regardless of the effect on your marriage, the children, each family, friends and most of all - your life and all affected by you. Gee that would be different and fun??? Give it up pull it down from the flagpole.

Hopefully this was a short term affair - just an author's version of a "one off" - just sex honey - I still love only and mostest you". Hopefully

Risq_001Risq_001over 18 years ago
Well........................

Huh?

As much are you are normally one of my favorite writers, I have to say again, huh?

I was reading the story, bopping along, thinking "Ok, this is different, the husband is going to find a new and creative way to step away from this marriage/situation" then Wham!! I'm left going "What he's going to stay with her after all of this? Your kidding!"

I'm lost. This story was going good and had so many good things going for it, but suddenly the breaks got thrown in the mix and left me feeling high and lost.

Oh well.

FireFox59FireFox59over 18 years ago
Strange Twist

Very, very thought provoking HDK. Certainly a different type revenge on a cheating wife. Would it work in real life? Who knows but many time real life is much stranger than fiction. Excellent job as always.

gusteufgusteufover 18 years ago
I am amazed ! ! !

So many people are not seeing what HDK wrote for us. He did not spell it out, but it is there to see. The husband is being decided cruel in his punishment. The wife wanted excitement and quick thrills, not to break up either marriage. She thought she could get away with it or survive the consequences. The husband took all the excitement out of it, right from the start. She has to confess all her infidelities and know that her 'loving' husband does not care for her or what happens to her. She is living there, but is not really part of her own family. She wanted cheap thrills and to come home to a loving relationship and family. Her husband is disgusted with her and wants no physical contact. She has to pretend everything is ok or she will lose everything. She obviously knew her husband would not hurt all the innocent people, thats why she thought she could get away with it, even if caught. She might have had some 'pretend' rightous indignation if her husband threw her out and ruined everyones lives. It would have been all her fault but people can deceive themselves with their justifications. Now she is being left out of her family and is forced to leave them to go and have sex with someone, who does not care for her and is no longer thrilling.

I agree that this could only actually work, depending upon the two personalities being unique. Could I do this? NO ! I do not think I could emotionally divorce myself the way the husband did. But I can see how cruel his revenge is. If she did not crack under the pressure, the husband has nothing to lose in getting rid of her in the year time limit.

HDK, wonderful twist, maybe not practical, but unique and entertaining. Thanks again for the tale and I'm looking forward to your next, either a sequel or something new.

Gus

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 18 years ago
Technical brilliance but no credibility

As a self confessed admirer of HDK’s writing, I find it hard to go through reading a story of his which was disappointing. I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later, but I am still looking every day for a new story by HDK. Almost no one knows how to manipulate the reader’s expectations and achieve a surprising effect as HDK. In the very crowded path of marital consequences tales, you usually find the balance between credibility and originality. The main original idea in this story was the ‘forced adultery’. IMO it did not pass the credibility bar in several ways: 1. If the husband had any inclination to give a chance to his marriage, he certainly jeopardized it by playing a very dangerous Russian roulette type of revenge/lesson on his wife. For that reason I was expecting him to lead his marriage to a divorce by the end of the story. Simply put, you do not give a lethal dose of medicine to some one that you wish to heal. I did not have to go through a manual for couple’s therapy techniques to be sure that forced/blackmailed adultery was not one of them. The unintended consequences are too many to count.

2. For a loving and caring father he repeatedly committed rudimentary “Boo- Boos “. One of them:” Thou shall not pit the children against your spouse” (no matter how upset you are) He was using the daughters in a way that isolated and that could have most likely distanced them from the mother. In addition, the ploy is bound to be exposed sooner or later (where was mommy when we were on the trip? Why was she really away from us?). 3. It is incredible that the husband would sacrifice his own sex life for a long time as a collateral, self inflicted price, just so that he could maintain the prolonged status of ‘no peace and no war’ or ‘no divorce and no reconciliation’ with his wife, as she was continuing with the forced feeding of adulterous sex. 4. What was his great achievement after all this time –a delayed admission of guilt to the girls? She was already admitting to every thing, right away. The wife, not a very thoughtful person- not much up there (again), and he just had to snap his fingers, and she would have confessed the same thing to the girls. In other words, just say to the readers this is a strong revenge story- period. No extra major revelations were achieved through all the Hoops of the revenge, (or should it be called re-education now?) 5. It is both my gut feeling and my experience that in a couple’s conflict no such exercise would have ever worked for even a single day. It is not credible that a spouse would suggest his/her own continued cuckoldry. 6. The notion that you gain self respect through continued humiliation is - how shall I put it mildly - totally absolutely and thoroughly rejected throughout the range of relevant professional fields (Education Psychology etc). Most likely scenario - the wife would have quickly learned that her husband (for justified reasons or not) despises her, and would have carried out his unexpressed passive aggressive wish by leaving the marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
brilliantly idiotic

I like KOLKORE’s phraseology: “technically brilliant but no credibility”!!!

the story is a about a man who was supposed to be really putting his wife to a test --- about regrets and repentance --- which she fails with flying colors!

and HE says at the end (he goes ahead and let her keep fucking, just tell him, he says! one is not sure what the fuck he’s so pissed off, then!!!), when she was being slowly turned away by her fuckbuddy (she would still continue to fuck him,,, until that one year mark which the idiotic husband sets but had no idea what it really would mean!!!) ---- “I don’t know why you’re saying these UNEXPECTED things, in front of us, the family!”

he actually wants her to keep fucking? LOL

but wasn’t the point to see how regretful, sorroful she was with her cheating and IMMEDIATELY beg for forgiveness? No, HDK/the husband said: he has NO concrete plan or ideas. he just says to the wife, “Just go ahead fucking him, as you’ve been before I found out,,, from now on just tell me ahed of time, so I could babysit and spend more time with the girls while you’re out fucking!”

‘tis why, agian, when, after more months of fucking --- when, in reality, her fuck buddy got tired of her and was just physically pummeling her --- she announced she was going to stop fucking around, the HUSBAND said he was thrown a curved ball by her! he even agreed with her about the blackmailing thing! WTF!!! he’s not blackmailing her.

he’s just a fucking wimp and a moron who loves to hear her fucking sessions, ‘tis all!

lol!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
dark and powerful

This is certainly one of HDK's darkest stories, and I found it very sad. On a re-reading, it seems certain to me that there is no way back together for this couple (which makes me wonder why some other readers await a sequel--what could possible happen except a painful divorce?).

I agree with some that the husband's strategy of making his wife continue her affair is not awfully realistic. But let's remember please that this is fiction--and, moreover, fiction on a site where some stories feature women happily having sex in all their orifices with two dozen men in an hour.... My point is, there are other places besides an erotic stories web site to go to if you're searching for realism!

I am left simply admiring HDK's writing, above all the emotional power of the scenes between the husband and wife. He doesn't describe the husband's pain very much, but we certainly feel it.

Thanks for a powerful story.

ohio

the Troubadorthe Troubadorover 18 years ago
A fresh approach

I liked this very much HDK. But it seemed to end with a lot of emotional stress still there. Like a great steak dinner without the potatoes or dessert. Not that I'm asking for another chapter, heaven forbid. I would have liked to see one though. I didn't think it was all that dark, no one was injured, families were kept together (except for the wife's confession to her daughters, which broke their hearts) so except for the narrator's marriage everything was intact.

I would think that over time, with the wife behaving like a wife to her husband and the husband being as open minded as I felt he was up to now, the fabric of he marriage could be rewoven. That would have made a grand finish.

Of course, you would be accused of making the husband a wimp by those who have to see someone drawn and quartered.

the Troubador

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Interesting

A different approach to revenge but it isn't realistic. However, I enjoyed the story. Will there be a follow up Chapter? Things seem unresolved. But it is an original take on this plot.

kydreamrkydreamrover 18 years ago
Good writing, draws me rignt into the story

I read the comments for this story and I'm puzzled about why most readers see this as a passive-aggressive husband hell bent for revenge.

What I see is a husband in a bad situation right from the start. When Cynthia asks why he isn't fighting for her, my response would have been "what's left to fight for?" The battle for her affections was over before he knew the fight was on, so why waste the effort.

Instead he begins to work towards a soft landing for his children. He create a closer and deeper relationship with his children, so when the other shoe finally falls, he girls will know that they still have a father that they can depend on.

As for Cynthia, he's right when he says: "I had hopes that you would regain your pride, but I didn't know if you would. It will take a long time for me to believe you have, Cynthia, or to believe anything you tell me, unless I have another means to verify it. I just don't trust you. Maybe I never will."

Their marriage won't be easily revived, if indeed, it can be. Without trust, there's no solid foundation to work with. Add in the obvious undercutting of his self image as a husband and lover, and you've eliminated another part of the foundation. I honestly don't know if even professional counseling would help them....

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 18 years ago
Wow... new ground being plowed with this one

Very clever revenge, HDK. Well done and very clever.

DG HearDG Hearover 18 years ago
Good story

I like the handling of the affair. Not real plausable but very interesting. Most men who love their wife would have had trouble holding up. Good job.

DG Hear

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Revenge?

Even impeccable logic fails when the premise is flawed. The chain of logic here is strong, typical of HDK, but hardly impeccable, and with a very suspect underlying assumption: that exposing the truth is revenge. Perhaps his revealing the truth would have caused harm to some of the people, but it could also have done some good. The daughters are old enough to understand what an affair is and what it means, so they are also old enough to learn that actions have consequences. Seeing this demonstrated would have been a lesson that, though painful, might have a greater benefit than the harm caused by the dissolution of the family, which was irreparably damaged through the wife's actions anyway.

To compound the lie, which is what the protagonist in this story did, would have no good end if the truth did get out, which it often does and did here. Moreover, there is evidence that living in a household where the parents are hostile to or non-loving with each other is actually more detrimental than a divorce and subsequently living with a parent(s) who can provide a loving, nurturing environment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Brillant!

I have read some of the comments so I will try to avoid repeating the obvious. You wrote a brillant story about a husband who found out that his wife of more than 20 years was engaged in an affair. He did selected a honorable course to keep his family together and to avoid needless revenge.

First, knowing the parties involved he knew it was a "fling" as the wife stated and he knew his wife long enough that she would beg and plead with him for his forgiveness. If the affair got out both his wife and her lover would be fired making two families suffer. If he divorced her chances are that he would have to support his wife at least temporarily if she had the kids.

Some commenters viewed his response as revenge. If she loved the other guy then divorce would be the only option. But with a "fling" she could always plead she was temporarily insane! Everyone would rally to her side and her husband would be the unfeeling ogre for not forgiving her.

I think that when she failed the 3 week test (no loving for the husband for 3 weeks 2 days) it was clear that she did not love him as a wife should love a husband. He was only a dependable applicance.

So when he insulted her (i.e., calling her a whore) she did not get really mad as much as realizing that he needed fixing (i.e., a mercy fuck). So the husband shut down emotionally toward her. He turned his love toward his daughters. He also made it possible for her to stop lying and sneaking around to meet her lover. He had to do that in order to avoid any surprises for himself or the kids.

The marriage was dead. They are two people who are raising their kids in the same house. He lost his trust in her and sadly what could she do to regain it? He trusted her for 20+ years so after 2 (or 5)years he is going to trust her again? He may forgive her but how is going to forget those pictures showing her doing things for her lover that she never did for him?

So she take the coward's way out and confesses to the kids. Why bring such hurt and confusion to them? Was the husband going to tell the kids (he said that he would tell the families so I assume the lover's wife and parents not kids)? Another selfish act on her part.

I agree with some commenters that the story stand on its own and it does not need a sequel or concluding chapter. Oh that burning desire for a happy ending!

Anyway, thanks for another great story!

SleeplessinMD

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 18 years ago
“fiction” “reality” “Realism”- response to ohio

A fiction it is. But EVERY art (and fiction) is an imitation of reality (see MIMESIS in the on line Wikipedia). “Realism” on the other hand, is again a different concept, which has no connection to the issue here, despite the similarity in sound of the words (See any Glossary of literary terms). To make the fiction fun, the author makes us believe that it is SIMILAR to reality (that is unless it is a parody or a fantasy or any such genre that clearly departs from some notion of common sense reality). Than like a magician he shows us that we did not notice something that we should or could have noticed (according to the rules of reality), or that we wrongly assumed something that was not said. Only based on our familiar common experience can the author create the surprising twists and turns that every one loves. He has to get us all sitting straight and looking in the right direction so that we could be surprised. But if he looses some because some say hey I have never seen any men behave that or no women that I can imagine would behave that way and so on, he is loosing the readers to the reality, no mater how beautiful the plot is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Mr. Author - You Have Sure Stired The Pot

with this logically illogical parady of realistic non-realities or to make it more succinct - the probabilities of understanding what was done or meant to be done are in the lower 3rd of the 2nd quadrant of possibility unless the moonphase is what you wanted or not?

I'm excited aren't you! I'm sure if we plot this out on graph paper it will explain to some what others suspect.

A Mulligan Author - go forth and multiply or divide already but stop drinking the longisland coolaids while contemplating weird synopsis's or else! In other words you author don't usually cause pain instead of solution or fairness - here you have created a way for you to be perceived as much a whore as her to your kids and family - "I wanted to quit but he wouldn't let me" take that bitch! HUH take what? Just a Mulligan mind warp author - take several and call me in a week or two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Sorry for the kids

I don't think I've ever felt more sorry for a couple of kids. Mom and dad couldn't possibly be more self-centered and full of shit. Screw them both, and encourage the kids to seek emancipation as soon as possible.

Dad redefines cuckolded wimp as played by a eunuch. Wife is a slut's slut.

Well weritten, but what's the point. Ahh, I see now, this is the ultimaate stroke story. The author got himself off.

MinigalesMinigalesover 18 years ago
Great One In the Great Style

Unfortunately I did not have time to real all the comments like I usually do when I am interested in a story. This story was a great one in the unique HDK's style.

I just want to say that there should be no epilog or sequel.

The wife was dumb to tell the girls about her affair. She could have just stopped the affair and let the ball in the husband's court.

Now that the girls know the husband knows, he has to move the wife into the spare bedroom, comfort the girls and give them a couple of days to decide whether they wanted their mom in their lives or not and if so to what extent. If they did not, out goes her ass. If they did, he could continue his life like it had been for the last couple of monthes but with the wife in the other room. He could give her a few years to see where that would go or until the girls are eighteen when he can throw her out and proceed with his life.

Risq_001Risq_001over 18 years ago
I'm sorry, but I had to explain myself better.

Knight,

One thing you do is write creative stories. Sometimes they are stories that I may not agree with or particularly like, but they are creative. This story for me felt unfinished. Let me hopefully explain myself.

Some of the writers below who wrote they loved your story often are sole creators of nothing but reconciliation stories. To them, there is nothing a wife can do to a husband that the husband can’t get past in a few days. The Troubador, for example, wrote a story about a wife who had just heard a “rumor” about her husband cheating, never received any proof, tied him to the bed, stuck her used underware in his mouth, and made him lay in the bed next to her all night while she had sex with his then best friend the whole night and well into the next morning. Often while she was doing this, she would lean over to tell him how much a better lover his best friend was than he was while he was tied up in the bed next too her. After getting free the next morning the husband leaves to stay at a hotel, but it was only to come back with-in the week and profess his undying love for his wife and say he wanted to make the marriage work. Huh?? I have to believe the husband has mental problems of the greatest magnitude if he’s willing to go back for a second helping of that. But that’s of course my opinion of that story he wrote as well. I’m thinking even in that story if the wife had murdered the husband, the husband would have crawled back from the grave to take back the wife if he was offered a chance to get back with her from the after life.

But honestly there is really no such thing as such grand do-overs like this a lot of writers love to write about.

One professor said in a class I was in years ago, men and woman look at things differently. Men like movies and stories that allow them to escape from realism. A suspension of believe, where they can sometimes put themselves in the place of the hero. Women often like stories where really bad things happen, but they can look at that and be reminded that their life isn’t really as bad as it could be.

That’s what bothered me in this story. Putting myself in the place of the main character it seems he had a lot of major oversights. I mean he went from being someone that was able to think so far outside his box that he was in a totally different box in a different area of the map, to being someone that quickly returned to his own box, just waiting for the wife to finish screwing around and get tired of it.

The wife in the story was cheating and selfish plain and simple. The husband was trying to save away for a trip for them and found out she was cheating. He provided her with proof she was cheating, but he kept saying how he would be a jerk, idiot, fool, or selfish to insist she quit cheating if she was going to use him as the crutch to quit. She for months didn’t seem to care about her family while she was sleeping around. She even proved at the beginning that she could quit by calling off her appointment to come home to see why the husband was so upset at breakfast. So the wife in the story was pretty callous and thoughly selfish all along.

The husband didn’t take the macho approach and throw her out. He didn’t take the approach of beating on her. He decided to let her hang herself with her own actions. The wife didn’t decide enough was enough until the affair started to stop being new and exciting for her. The guy she was with was doing the same things to her all along, but after it stopped being new she starting being disillusioned. Only then did she want out. Only after she got her fill then did she decided she wanted her self respect back. What about the husband? The whole time this was going on, where was his? His wife didn’t respect him enough to be ashamed and quit once he found out. She didn’t lie to him and tell him the affair was still going on when she could have quit it quite easily. Why, if she loved him SOOOO much did it even start? Why did she continue it and disregard his feelings about it by callously discussing it and what she was doing with her husband from time to time?

You wrote the husband with the ability to use so many good statements, comments, and observations. But in the end, the husband was sitting right there waiting for the wife to get her affair with the other man out of her system. The husband, who the whole time he was sitting there being a monk in actions because he wasn’t having revenge sex, or any sex for that matter, with anyone for almost the year this took place. He even waited three weeks to point out to the wife it took that long for her to notice he wasn’t having sex with her anymore. The husband, who while his wife was sleeping with her married boyfriend during this time was cleaning house, taking the kids to events, and just generally seeming to show support to the wife while seeming to aid her, didn’t even seem to show any problems to her about how her actions were effecting him. The husband, who after the wife decided to end her affair, sits there and “NOW” says “I just don’t know what were going to do this was unexpected”. Again I say “Huh”?? He was so creative up till this point and “Now” inspiration has left the building???

I thought the story was going to be one of the “Kill them with kindness” stories to show her what she decided to give up by starting and continuing carrying on the affair, even after her husband found out about it. But it was like going all day without eating and going to dinner only to be given finger food. You wonder where the pay off in the story was. This felt like there wasn’t a real resolution in it. Like the husband wanted to teach the wife a lesson and the only one the wife learned was if she wanted out of the affair because it stopped being exciting was that she was going to have to stop it herself. What’s to stop her from having another one in a couple months if life gets boring again? I hope that wasn’t the lesson. I mean if we all could get that type of do over in life most of us would do it in a heart beat.

To me the story felt like you had a conclusion in mind, but somewhere along the lines you didn’t add any consequences to the story. If the only consequence is that she had to quit it herself? Then I agree with the other folks saying that this was just a round about way to make a new type of “Cuckold” story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Author: maybe you overloaded on revenge stories?

What a confused, pretend (from who) non revenge, aimless revenge story!

The husband punishes the wife by sentencing her to continue out of the marriage sex. She will be punished for being a cheater by continuing to cheat with license. Rich. After a year, if she says the magic words : “I am sorry”, It will surely prove that she understands how wrong she was. Only then the husband (which becomes a sexual hermit) might (as if) take her back. A popular proverb says: “don’t try to jump above your own head ”, some times you can try too hard to come with something smart that it ends up … beind stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Clever

Clever idea HDK. Decent writing but too fast, not enough detail. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A callous game

This most un sympathetic, disloyal and of course highly unintelligent wife, could be blamed for destroying this family, but not for the continuation of the liaison with her partner to the affair. She is being blackmailed, (even if it takes her a year to figure out how stupid her husband blackmail is) quote: "Here is how it's going to be. If you can't accept my terms, we divorce immediately, the school board learns of the affair of two of its married teachers, as do the families of both offenders…You are to meet with him twice a week, as you have been. … In return, I will help you keep your secret and not reveal your adultery to the world. Is that fair enough?" That is my goal at this time. ..You don't tell Kurt I know, and you keep putting out for him. And you never lie to me again?" How long will this go on?" Cynthia asked. "I would say one year from today, or until I decide you have to end it, whichever comes first," I replied.” End of quote. Surprisingly, many responding readers ignored or even denied this essential part of the story. Why? Who knows, maybe they needed to see the wife as even more repulsive than she already was, based on the story. Maybe they needed to beautify the husband a bit. Since I am pissed at the husband’s character (think: treatment of children), I felt the need to re establish his status (IMO) as an abusive dishonest’ uber’ revengeful person.

His year long “experiment” (the word chills me) is over, and…call heavens and earth! What is it that the husband is going to take out of his hat - NOTHING! exactly ! Aren’t we back to where we were a year ago? Almost, two people who just don’t get it are still there. Their charade for a marriage was virtually over, ever since her affair had started. What took HIM a year, is exactly the time that it usually takes to dull the pain from this kind of betrayal. NOW, he might be ready for a divorce. So, all along, it was ALL about him, and as far as he can tell (and he can’t), if the children had to suffer …oh well. Was he really defending the children? To the contrary, without malice but with no minimal sensitivity either, he was clearly USING them to hurt his wife, and to defend himself from his own pain. The absurd of it - suddenly he discovered that the best opportunity for family time is when wife is fucking her lover. When those kids learn about it, they will be fixed for life (and their therapists).

In this day and age, we are asked to believe that a clean discrete act of separation would have been WORSE than the mind games that this husband played as he was using his kids. Later on, they will catch up to how they were played. I’d like to be a fly on the wall when they confront him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I AGREE WITH YOU 100% RISQ_001

Did anybody stop to think that maybe the husband was testing his wife when he "blackmailed" her. Maybe he wanted her to think and fight for her family and marriage, since she wasn't doing any of these things when she was having an affair and acting like some selfish whore. The other thing that i have a problem with, is her telling their kids. She was just a shelfish whore, which she has been all along from the beginning. She broke her kids hearts just so that she could stop her affair since it wasn't fun and exciting anymore. Her whorish,selfish actions not only destroyed her husbands life, but the lives of her children as well.

grtguyintxgrtguyintxover 18 years ago
I AGREE WITH YOU 100% RISQ_001

Did anybody stop to think that maybe the husband was testing his wife when he "blackmailed" her. Maybe he wanted her to think and fight for her family and marriage, since she wasn't doing any of these things when she was having an affair and acting like some selfish whore. The other thing that i have a problem with, is her telling their kids. She was just a shelfish whore, which she has been all along from the beginning. She broke her kids hearts just so that she could stop her affair since it wasn't fun and exciting anymore. Her whorish,selfish actions not only destroyed her husbands life, but the lives of her children as well. I was the one that wrote this, so don't go thinking that i am copying it. I am doing this again because i don't want someone saying that i didn't have the balls to sign it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
flat ending

I haven't read a story with this type of plot before so I was interested in where you were taking us, although the husband's behavior was abnormal. Wondering what was his purpose in 'forcing" her to continue the affair, I thought you must have a unique ending. Instead it was as if you took the air out of our balloon. It ended with a whimper, not a bang.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
BRILLANT! (part 2)

Some of the commenters are discussed the blackmail aspect of this story. Here is the famous quote:

"Here is how it's going to be. If you can't accept my terms, we divorce immediately, the school board learns of the affair of two of its married teachers, as do the families of both offenders…You are to meet with him twice a week, as you have been. … In return, I will help you keep your secret and not reveal your adultery to the world. Is that fair enough?" That is my goal at this time. ..You don't tell Kurt I know, and you keep putting out for him. And you never lie to me again?" How long will this go on?" Cynthia asked. "I would say one year from today, or until I decide you have to end it, whichever comes first," I replied.” End of quote

Now what would a self-respecting woman and mother say to the above: "NO WAY! I RESPECT MYSELF AND CARE ABOUT WHAT THE KIDS WOULD FEEL IF THERE EVER KNEW ABOUT THIS TYPE OF ARRANGEMENT. WE WILL JUST HAVE TO WORK THIS OUT - DIVORCE OR NOT"

The husband was no fool and he knew what kind of woman he was dealing or to quote

"I have the impression that you felt you would be able to talk, and fuck, your way back into my heart and life when, not if, you were caught, Cynthia. You said it might take you up to a year to make it up to me. Am I that shallow? You think I am that pussy-whipped? I can see you have no idea what you have done to me. The problem is I can also see that revenge, or whatever it may be called, would hurt a lot of people and not really be worth my effort. I am not going to take that road." end of quote

His goal with the blackmail was stated in the following excerpt:

[I had given the entire thing a lot of thought. I had loved Cynthia without reservation, and she had betrayed me badly. I needed to make her see what she had done, and tossing her sorry ass out would have had all kinds of ripple effects on the kids, and even Kurt's family. I knew his parents, his wife, his kids, and destroying their lives was not a worthy goal. Besides, it was always an option I retained, if it came down to it.]

This was a story of tests which she failed:

1- 3 weeks without making love

2- Blackmailed cheating

At any time she could have stopped the cheating and tell him to do his worst (His threat was an empty one since he was too concerned about the fallout to others). She only stopped when it was no longer fun.

If there is an aftermath story I would like to see it focus on the kids who were the real victims.

I repeat... a great story - Thanks!

SleeplessinMD

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 18 years ago
To Sleepless: Still too many problems

But before all, I insist that you finally get a good night sleep!

Since you made your first comments on the story, a variety of pertinent questions have been raised by readers in effort to make sense of the rational behind the husband’s “experiment”. To the best of my judgment, you have not addressed them even as you set your second message to do just that.

Bottom line summary of un answered critique: 1. as a revenge - it sucked, because of the cruel and unethical use of his children and the family of the lover. He could have found a revenge which would NOT use collateral. 2. As a test - it was unnecesserary (and the least credible explanation of all), because: a. He already knew (you recognized it in your first round of comments) all that he needed to know about her at the time of the confrontation; b. Even if he wanted an additional “proof” of her nature, there was no reason for HIM to drag on the “experiment” for such a long time. 3. As a lesson/purging experience (assuming he had not ruled out staying together with her – it was dumb. That would be the classic example of the case in which “the operation succeeded but the patient died”. What self and/or mutual respect remained between those two after this kind of year? I could not have conceived a better plan to kill any remaining chance for this marriage if I tried. 4. The transparent excuse of avoiding the need to “toss her out” is just that. Since when a separation agreement is equal to some sort of public destruction? Plus he is getting to it any way- only after a year of ..that is exactly what we are still trying to find out.

A personal note or a word of advice (which applies to all of us). It is a good principle to keep an open mind, allow yourself to rephrase, rethink and even change some of your positions. It is not a sign of weakness or a failure – quite the opposite. For example, I was keen to acknowledge a key point which you had raised and made me rethink my view on another story. I will be happy to hear more but personally I am ready to read and comment on other stories…

thebulletthebulletover 18 years ago
What's the big deal?

Geez, you people sound like HDK is up for the NOBEL prize in literature and you've got to disect each and every story to determine its worthiness.

Why can't we take this and HDK's other stories for what they are: vignettes - variations on the theme of infidelity. Some of them test reality, but so what?

HDK almost always finds a new slant on a very old theme. To me, that is the point of the stories: the slant. All of these critics are fighting over the true meaning behind the words. No offense, but HDK isn't Franz Kafka and he isn't trying to be.

"Yesterday" was a weird and rather amusing take on the same old story: He found out his wife was cheating and he had to respond. I read most of these "LW" stories and this was an original.

I guarantee you, that is the hardest part: making it original. I know, cause I've written a couple of these "LW" stories myself.

HDK came up with an entirely original POV. But don't try to make it great literature and don't eviserate him because his hero isn't the nicest or most logical guy in the world.

I liked it. I welcome HDK's next loving wives adventure. Maybe that one will merit the Nobel Prize.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Sure Enough, HDK's No Kafka ;o)

SleeplessinMD is Great in His/Her Criticism

But he/she missed one little but crucial thing: she did NOT stop when it was not fun any more. She said the OTHER man’s beginning to be abusive, as he’s also showing her, both verbally and physically, she’s not fun to fuck any more.

If he had continued to fuck her royally, she would NOT have come and say any thing to the voyeur husband (he is one, though he likes us to believe he’s one strong, dedicated, and loyal husband who’s badly wronged; this guy, as painted by HDK, lacks any plan,,, he simply wants to hear details of his wife’s fucking activities. He’s pissed in the past only because she went around his back, as he said. As long as she makes it interesting/erotica for him, he’d let her fuck for a year or longer, or until such a time he considers no longer fun to hear.

Neither he nor her had any good amount of self-respect. The nonsense about the kids suffering if they split is nothing but that. Kids who stay in a family with a mom fucking around and a dad allowing her to fuck around, “a black mail” [bullshit], so long as she reports to him, when, where, or how she and her fuck buddy do it will ultimately have it worse than kids who came from a split family but one with both adults in other healthy relationships.

No doubt, HDK is not trying to be Kafka. No one said he/she was.

Blue88Blue88over 18 years ago
Outstanding

Excellent piece of work. Probed the deepest emotions of the spouses and illustrated very vividly the consequences of spousal betrayal. Do I detect a continuation to their story?

Blue88Blue88over 18 years ago
By the way.....

Love the recurring theme - songs by The Beatles.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
What a wast of time

That was terrible. Nothing happened other than the children finding out their mother is a slut

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
did you thank that all

rewards for affair,that what hubby did.to be clever is one thing she didn't stop.he should got both of them fired and let their family know what she was doing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Needs more

I liked it but felt it needs an ending - please do a follow up of their lives.

PArebelPArebelabout 18 years ago
Just a thought

Re-reading this I have to agree that I would really like a follow-up. Not a sequel, but a continuation. What happens to them.

Keeping the song title theme you could name it, "Yesterday, Once More". I know it's not a Beatles title, but still a pretty song.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Boring boring

Read a few of your stories and they all have the same theme wife fucks around on hubby - hubby wimps out and takes back wifey and they all live happily ever after (excuse me while I chuck). Boring so decided will leave this writer to all the other readers who like this type of story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Well Done

Great not so much as erotic fiction but more as a witty short story, fucking funny.

zed0zed0over 17 years ago
Wimp!

A great variation on the infidelity theme, and an enjoyable read. I always resent when hubby wimps out and does not take revenge, or at least kick cheating wife out. However this is not a cheating wife revenge story, but a wimp husband takes a different sonmewhat noble approach. After confessing to the children, hubby should set a good example and throw her out, otherwise it will give the girls the impession it's okay to fuck around on your husband. (zed)

grizbearmtgrizbearmtover 17 years ago
Patience is a Virtue

I agree with PArebel. This story does need a follow-up, but I also think you are the only one who could write the next chapter to this story.

Obviously, the second chapter could not have a happy ending, but a traumatic ending would not fit the personalities of the character either.

I’m sure with your wicked and clever mind; the second chapter would be as good as the first. We will have to just wait and hope.

grizbearmtgrizbearmtover 17 years ago
Patience is a Virtue

I agree with PArebel. This story does need a follow-up, but I also think you are the only one who could write the next chapter to this story.

Obviously, the second chapter could not have a happy ending, but a traumatic ending would not fit the personalities of the character either.

I’m sure with your wicked and clever mind; the second chapter would be as good as the first. We will have to just wait and hope.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
it's fuckin' unbelievable!

you continue your fuckin', honey,,, because if you don't, that means you gonna spend your time here at home, disrupting me and the girls,,, we've bonded, you see.

furthermore, if you don't continue fucking with johnny colleague, I'm gonna report you two and you will likey lose your jobs!

"oh, no, dear beloved husband, don't do that! please, let me stop fucking him, please? I didn't mean to fuck him, it's a mistake,,, but please, don't make me keep fucking him any more!"

"oh, no, honey, you go right ahead, enjoy it. me and the girls, we have really bonded deep and we don't need you."

reluctantly she agreed and went on continued fucking the lover,,, time passses,,,

"Honey, Gil, I think he's getting tired of me,,, he's fucking my asshole, without lub and it hurt like hell! Please, tell me I can stop fucking him, Gil!"

"Now, now, I ain't no monster,,, Let's get you and Johnny sub jell for lubbing purposes,,, I don't want you not to enjoy your exciting fucking'",,,,,,

"Please, Gil, let me stop fucking him,,, he hurts me and I don't enjoy it any more,,, you are blackmailing me, you know, with this threat to report me and him like that..."

"You, you whoring cunt,,, you've been fucking and shiting on me, after I've given over 20 years of my life and you tell me I'm blackmailing you and your lover,,, when all I said is you go ahead keep fucking him, or I'll report you two, becaues me and the girls are bonded deep now and I don't want disruption from you, whore? How could I ever trust you again? I don't think I could ever do it,,,"

I mean, really, WTF! LOL

I know, it's only a fuckin' stupid story,,, but, jesus H. Christ,,,, doesn't it have to be THAT fuckin' stupid and UNBELIEVABLE?!!

what's this? a parody of the most stupid Lit. cheating wife stories? it must be! lol

sanman52sanman52over 17 years ago
Wrong reasons

Great story and slant on cheating and consequences.

My real problem with the story is that the wife's actions are all done for the wrong reasons. She wants to end the affair not because it is the right thing to do but

1) it isn't as exciting as it used to be

2) her lover doesn't spend as much time getting her in the mood as he used to

3) she feels like a piece of meat with her lover

4) she treats her lover like a piece of meat now

5) she now misses the closeness, tenderness and love her husband used to provide but now has to settle only for the physical act of sex from her lover

The wife confesses to the girls, not because it would be part of the healing and reconciliation process needed but because she is trumping the husband's "blackmailing" of her.

The wife doesn't get it!

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
Wonderful

Deliciously twisted, HDK, and I loved the subtle satire of the classic cheating wife story. Thanks for an interesting read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Yeah, twisted up around and all over the place...

"Our relationship had actually gained more solid footing, though our marriage was total shit." What does this mean exactly? Well, I guess I know, but what a sick world I am living in where being vile and knowing about it becomes the "more solid footing." I understand why the other commentors razz you about the wimp husbands, but what I read is that you are a person intimate with excrutiating pain. irchristo@aol.com

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
about yesterday

It just goes to show you, that "all women are liars and whores". Except for your mother and grandmother..... and sometimes they're suspects.

DRAY9591

louguy35louguy35about 17 years ago
Another non-finished story!

You cannot get graded for work you did not do. You have a pretty good story going, but a real story calls for a beginning, middle and ending. You are half-way there, but I suspect that you intend to go no further. Hence a zero!

Cheers!

ohioohioabout 17 years ago
on another reading, still wonderful

It's not a realistic story, but that doesn't prevent it from being very powerful. We are made to feel not only Gil's pain, as in so many cheating wife stories, but Cynthia's as well.

Yes--no husband would have behaved like this in real life, at least none that I've ever met. Yet as a story, it works powerfully and beautifully.

Thanks once again to the master--and keep writing 'em!

ohio

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
good story

would like to see a chapter 2 if possible or my imagination will have to wonder along the different possibilities

thanks for the time

Mike from Texsa

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Just read this

Man, it was a weird story. Really weird. If I like it? I couldn't really say. 50-50 here. Partly I've grown to like your writing as you do write sensible LW stories and also your grammar and tenses were mostly in place (except I saw one here - it's virile dearie, not viral. Sorry had to laugh at that). Other than that it was okay to me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
A dose of reality

This was a hard one to vote on. It wasn't erotic but very true to life for many couples. Both parties have lost something special yet there are still reasons to avoid a divorce. Interesting with a well laid out story line.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
revisit

I have read this story several times and love it more each time I read it. But every time I read it I want to know more about this tragic couple. How do they turn out? What about her lover? Does he get away with no damage? What about their girls? How do they play into the future of the couple? I liked the way HDK made them the focus at the story's climax. I am left with a heaviness of heart, feeling hopeless for the family. Not that every story has to have a story book ending, but I would like to have a resolution.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
good story

As I am not a writer all that I can do is ask you to finish it or have some else do it.

Thanks for your time and entertaing us with your stories.

Mike from Texas

kellyhockeykellyhockeyover 16 years ago
Great story

But you need to finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
it's actually a really

lame story. totally unreal. <p>

"if you want to stay with us, as a family, eat with us, talk to us --- although not play with us when we go out --- you HAD BETTER keep fucking him, dear, okay? make sure he don't know I know you was fuckin' him because I said so, okay, dear?" <p>

"what? you want me to keep fuckin' him? i don't understand.... why?" <p>

"because I said so, stupid!" <p>

"ooooooooookay... so, if i may ask... what's the catch?" <p>

"none. you have been fuckin' him so i wnat to punish you; im in complete control of your fucking activities now! i tell you to keep fuckin' him, SUCKING HIS DICK, and YOU JUST DO IT, stupid woman!, that is, if you want to stay with us, if you won't want your daughters and family to know about your adultery!" <p>

"oooooooooookay,,, you sure there's no catch?" <p>

"none... now, go away or go fuck him!" <p>

"Okay......... but afterward, can I join you guys, at the park?? <p>

"No! you just stay with him and suck him until he gets hard again and fuck you more; don't come home until we are back from the zoo, stupid woman." <p>

"ooookay... well, bye. I won't tell him you make me keep fucking him, as you demand, okay?" <p>

I mean, WTF is this????????????? Is this supposed to be some kind of a cute WHITE NOISE story? it's fuckin' retarded! then it turned hilariously stupid, when the wife, after fucking and sucking her lover --- at the demand (blackmail) of her husband --- for a couple more months, she came home after one unsatisfying fuck session and said, <p>

"I think he's getting tired of me!" <p>

"What do you mean? he's getting tired of you? I tod you to wear sexy clothese for him, you stupid whore-wife! you need to suck him hard, longer, you old whore!" <p>

"don't talk to me like that, I am your wife!" and THEn the wife's 2 brain cells turned on and she confessed to the kids after dinner. and the "blackmailing" idiot of a husband said, <p>

"Oh, my god! I didn't expect THAT from you, Cynthia! you confounded me with that confession just now! I am stumped, not knowing what to do or think! Give me time to think on what you just did, okay, honey?" <p>

i'm sure this was one of those idiotic GODVILLE scripts. the core thing was bad to start with; but the unreal-ness of it makes it lame and retarded.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
A fitting punishment for a very unworthy slut.

I could not have kept her. Myself, I would have gotten a divorce based on adultry and named him in the suit. I would have also given his wife full information and sent certified copies to the school board. The disease question is real, you cant trust a cheater, she thought he was safe, but if he cheated with her he cheated with others. A cheater is a cheater. She is not a fit role model for her own girls and for their protection they need to be be removed from her control. What you have described in the story is like keeping a thief on the payroll but also giving them untraceable ability to steal money and goods rather than create a problem scene.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 16 years ago
A novel solution!

I loved the story, but like many others, I feel like it is unfinished. If you, as the author, feel the story is complete as is, ignore the clammoring mob. However, if you can see your way to where these characters might have more story left to tell, you'll make a whole bunch of total strangers very happy. Except for a couple guys who are only happy when they have something to complain about.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
And THEN he threw her out!

The ending was set-up perfectly to be the time when he not only tossed her ass out, but explained the facts to Kurt's wife and his parents. Really there was not any conceivable reason that he should've withheld Kurt's actions from his wife. The husband let Kurt's wife get a disease (maybe) due to his irresponsibility and lack of testes. And did he REALLY want people with their kind of judgement being around kids? He made ALOT of bad decisions!

It was a novel solution, but I don't understand how he could continue to share his bed with a whore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
amazing

if the story had provided for a conclusion, there wouldn't have been that many reactions. I find it amazing that so many readers feel the need to express their opinion about this story. They all touch one or more aspect of the story and are right in their opinion. Personally I think that the

reactions about the children are the most important. He knew everything there was to know before the confrontation. He "disconnected" himself from his wife and their marriage when he found out but he cared about the children and made up for lost time by bonding more with them, showing indeed that he was and would be there for them to rely on. For the children, her confession was uncalled for and only bringing pain. Is this a way to mend an all but in name broken marriage? Certainly not. The children are old enough to realise that adultry is no sign of love for the other spouse and after the initial shock, the will be able to put 2 and 2 together where they stand with their parents. Only one solution caqn set this right : divorce and inform the other wronged parties. Complaint and exposure to the board would only result in them being fired and maybe financially impact his own living. So let the cheaters carry on their own. One silver line in the comments, please write a follow-up as much for myself as for many other readers but I wonder if you would be able to bring some refreshing views on an likely predictable ending. A challenge ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Enjoyed the story!

But as many have said, HDK or someone finish this story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
a dilemma

an impasse, where he can no longer trust her based on her conduct, and she is shut out of those she says she said she cares for. for her, the gap that can not be easily bridged could prompt her to find that which she lost, elsewhere? quite a fix for everyone

ReduxBlueReduxBlueover 16 years ago
All my troubles seemed so far away

I wish there were a way to seperate technical merit from appeal to the reader. 100 is all that I can rate, it was extremely well written, but it bothered the crap out of me. I can't see a loving father supporting her infidelity and sending such a mixed message to his daughters. On the other hand, the novel method of 'punishing' his wife seemed effective. I don't know what HDK could do in a sequel, he's surprised me so many times that prediction is unlikely. I'd like to see some sort of resolution, but leaving it in the readers mind is very effective. This is a vignette, a part of life extracted to show a particular act. Not funny at all after multiple readings, in fact very sordid and sad. Thanks for sharing your incredible imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
what's the point

I have read this story probably 10 times by now and I still think it is a great story. I would also like to see another sequel as follow up to this open end. Personally, I believe (like Sanman52 in USA said so well) she terminated her "fling" for the wrong reasons and not because she felt it to be wrong. What a schallow character Cynthia proved to be. I would say let her fry a little, but given the children now know about her affair, there's no longer a need to put up with her attitude. The fact that she indeed kept her affair going even when he knew about it says enough about her feelings for him. Time to end it. I think I said it before in some comment, it would be a tremendous challenge for HDK to write another chapter that equals the first. G.Belgium

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 16 years ago
I'd not read this previously . . .

The story was technically well-written but the taming of the shrew "reverse psychology" stuff was lame, IMO. This stuff works with a child (calling someone's bluff) but not with an adult. My brother, when he was only six years old, wanted very much to dive off the high diving board (he could barely swim) and our grandfather was holding him down (preventing him from climbing the ladder to do this). He was screaming and crying and our grandmother told grandpa to let him loose. She said it was OK to dive off the high board. Suddenly my brother said he couldn't because "grandpa won't let me!" She said, "It's OK, I give you permission." Of course, he refused (he really was scared after thinking about it), and reverse psychology was effective in that instance. But I have trouble believing it in this story. Once a spouse is aware of an adulterous relationship, and the spouse takes no action, it means the spouse accepts/condones/forgives the affair, so a divorce court will no longer permit adultery as grounds for divorce. In other words, hubby has less leverage after his wife has continued the affair at his insistence. Also, a 42 year old man surely still has some need for intimacy (not to mention sexual release), and his right hand (or left) is hardly a substitute; why should he be "cut off" when it is his wife who should be punished, in the general scheme of things? OK, he obviously still loves her -- wouldn't some counseling be in order here? I guess my biggest frustration is similar to that expressed by other readers -- I really would like to know what happens next . . .

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
demeaned

he;s demeaned her by putting her in the position of realizing what it all meant, but his feeling for her

was effectively minimized if not killed. now that she

made her stand, he should cut further losses and just

leave her, send photos to kurt's wife and find someone

that is not quite so stupid. protestions of love are inconsistent with her actions

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
bring on the second part

The story was good but what did happen after he finished his beer? Mike from Texas

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
POWERFUL WRITING

Excellent, great writing and despite what some say, behaviorally sound. He took the excitment and thrill of illicit sex away which left her with the truth. Very thought provoking. Some readers wanted a sequel but Gil's behavior has been so consistent you can pretty much guess where their marriage is going. I love behavioral theory therefore I love fiction but for this to be real life, Gil would have to be one emotionally strong individual. Still, I've seen stranger things. I have to admit that I would have liked to have seen more. The only reason, being that I found it so entertaining. Well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
He mentioned the wife was a role model for the

girls. Really? And what role would that be? Slut? Whore? Adulterer? Liar? Cheater? And he said she was so important in their lives. It seems she is almost never in their lives. After all in an affair one doesnt have any spare time. All her spare time is spent with her lover, or at work, or both. No in a case like this it is almost child abuse to leave the children with the mother. And it is also some form of child abuse to stay married for the children demonstrating for them a loveless marriage that really isnt something you want to prepare them for. There's a time to hold them, and a time to fold them, and in this game the pictures were the final touch and the cards should have been folded and dear wife and lover should have been reported to the school administration. There is a morals clasue in all teachers contracts and they definately violated that besides committing adultry. You presented a weak watered down plot. The character of the husband was better than you portrayed him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
the next step is

to simply end it, report them, and separate lives. so much for kurt loving his family either.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
to forgive n to forget

every body can look another wrong but can not look himself .no body perfect.all human can make mistake .

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
A Masterpiece

The husband takes her children, her self-respect, her pride, and even all exciting memories of the affair in a way nobody ever thought of before. The best and most original story I have read on this site!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
7124 Followers
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

SIMILAR Stories