All Comments on 'You Can't Get There From Here'

by darkoverlord6

Sort by:
  • 55 Comments
eodomeodomabout 5 years ago
Unique

This was a very interesting and rather unique plot. I quite liked the concept.

technofrog2002technofrog2002about 5 years ago
A very heartwarming story

Very well written and enjoyable to read. I like your other stories as well.

darkoverlord6darkoverlord6about 5 years agoAuthor
Thank you

I appreciate your taking the time and am glad you enjoyed the story. I was going for a bit of a Sixth Sense kind of vibe.

linnearlinnearabout 5 years ago
Beautiful

Very emotional take and I was crying like a baby by the end.

woodmanonewoodmanoneabout 5 years ago
Excellant

I thought about half way through the story that Mary was a ghost or spirit. The fact that she left each day before sunset to walk through the woods and wouldn't let Brad drive her was a hint. Coming to this conclusion didn't make the story any less enjoyable. I'd hoped that there would be some way for Mary to stay and that Brad might move back to the small town. But you plot was better and actually made for a better story.

This is the first piece of your work I've read. I will have to read more. Thank you for the hard work.

Woodmanone

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 5 years ago
Masterful

Absolutely great romantic story. Loved it. 5*

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11about 5 years ago
That was rather special

You had me hooked in the first page.

Great set of characters and a driving story

Thank you

darkoverlord6darkoverlord6about 5 years agoAuthor

Really appreciate all the positive comments. I worked very hard on this story and I'm glad it's resonating with folks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Fantastic story

The best story on this site in a long time. Bravo!

GambierroninGambierroninabout 5 years ago
Lovely Story

I especially liked that everyone got something from their interaction.

I wonder if Brad kept the painting of Mary?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Thank you!

Easily the best story that I have ever read on here. And for my own life it could almost be a sign. Maybe call me Brad up until Mary shows up, you get the picture.

You had me halfway down the first page and your hard work and commitment and obvious knowledge of American small towns made me almost able to see the places and people. It is so very rare to find a writer who can with economy of words put a picture in their readers minds. Nice that everyone was a winner too. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Well crafted story

The story was well crafted and I gave it five stars, but was actually a little disappointed. I loved Mary and her personality and really wanted her to be a living person who ended up with Brad.

Frankly, there was no personality for Jennifer. All we knew was that she was sexy and had an interest in Brad. There was nothing to make me hope they would get together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Thank you for telling my story!

Beautiful tale, from one of Lit's best writers. I know it's a great story when I'm crying AND getting an erection simultaneously! The poem was lovely -- I assume it's your creation.

I was married for over 20 years to a sexy redhead. We had lots of mischievous fun, in and out of bed. (Why, yes -- we DID do it on a beach blanket!) When she died, I knew I would never love again, and I was sure that my sex life was over. Then some strange things started happening to me. Could my wife be my guardian angel now? What convinced me of it was meeting a stunning beauty, well out of my league. Nobody so gorgeous, so youthful, so sexually confident could ever want ME. Except she DID. During our one year together, we made marvelous, deeply satisfying love that helped to heal my broken heart. Was she a ghost? I don't think so -- but she's gone from my life now, her mission to me fulfilled. I can't wait to see what the future holds! Thank you, DO6. Unwittingly, you wrote this for me.

darkoverlord6darkoverlord6about 5 years agoAuthor

Thanks again for reading. For those who are curious, yes, the poem in the story was an original I wrote specifically for it. I hope it served its purpose in creating an genuine emotional moment.

TailakaTailakaabout 5 years ago
5* A Great Story

The story was pretty great. One of the recent best I've read here. The poem was pretty good as well. Keep writing, your efforts aren't unappreciated.

Cracker270Cracker270about 5 years ago

That was a damn fine story. You are a very talented writer.

bruce22bruce22about 5 years ago
Beautiful Story

My love moved to the other place 26 months ago and if I believed that she is that easy to get to==--------

darkoverlord6darkoverlord6about 5 years agoAuthor

I didn’t realize when I was writing this how it might touch people who had lost someone. I’m glad that my little story has offered a bit of hope to those folks, and I sincerely hope they find the peace that Brad was able to find.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
There's

a made for tv movie here.

LinneaLundinLinneaLundinabout 5 years ago
Very Good!

I read this via the April Fools Day contest and I liked it so much I'll read all of your stories! Thanks and here are your five stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Spelling Police at work...,,

“Past on”. Should have been “passed on”. And what is a “loan hawk” anyway? Something related to a loan shark?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great Story

But putting Annie's photos in the bottom drawer of his desk was a bit callous. In the background - yes, buried - no.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Amazing

You have written amazing stories keep up the good work and thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Excellent work.

Would make a fine screen play.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 5 years ago
Such a good story!

Really enjoyed this!

TarnishedPennyTarnishedPennyabout 5 years ago
Lovely

A true love story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Sorry to rain on your parade, but you got bogged down with over describing things in the first few paragraphs. Did we really need to know what hand he was carrying coffee in or that he didn't need the lift? Overly describing things in a story make it tedious to read. Didn't finish, so didn't score.

ender2k2kender2k2kabout 5 years ago
Wow, that was very moving.

A very bittersweet story of needing to move on after loosing the best part of your life. Thank you very much. Good luck with the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Not for April fools day

It's for All Souls day, the day after hallowe'en. Lovely story about closure. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Very nicely done romance

Even if the real romance was with ghosts. But how is this an April's Fools story? I enjoyed the story but it wasn't a fit with the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Well done!

Dearest darkoverlord,

Yes, another great read. Letting go of lost loves or past feelings can be, or should I say, IS, very hard to do. You portrayed that beautifully. Well done!

GG

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wrong category!

This is a fantasy romance which should be under Fantasy or Nonhuman categories. When I read a romance category story, I want it to feel like it is a real life situation not a ghost story!

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955over 4 years ago
Sucked

Sorry this story does not belong in this category.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well done story

Perhaps this is what we all need to read when we can't let go of the past. Ultimately, a story of hope. I'll give it 5 stars.

southernreb27southernreb27about 4 years ago
9 YEARS

31 st of this month will make 9 yrs since I lost my wife , this brings a whole lot of memories . still haven't been able to turn lose.

flareb2343flareb2343almost 4 years ago
I WISH

too bad that is just a story. my late wife passed so quick never had a chance to say good bye.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Fantastic

Ignore the idiots . You are a great wordsmith

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefalmost 4 years ago
Warm and fuzzy

Nice story with a twist.

I was a little confused when Mary, after telling Brad not to cuss around Smokey when he was under the porch and another time, starts yelling the F word over and over once she has her legs in the air.

The ghost using another ghost was a nice twist. Thanks for the story.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxover 3 years ago
WOW!!!

Memories just came flooding back to me with this story. I was raised at a place just like that described in the story, in fact it could have been our old homestead. That was the place I was born and raised plus all through adulthood kept going back to to visit the folks. My wife loved to go visit my old home and she was an artist also. She always had some of her art stuff with her so she could paint at will. My old home was 1 mile from the ocean so my wife spent may hours painting the beautiful ocean and jagged rocks. She also spent many hours painting the trees and wildlife around the old farm. My wife died 4 yrs ago from the big "C". We had been married for 44 yrs. I miss her terribly. I am 73 now and just sort of became a recluse. I do have hobbies to keep me busy but my heart is still with my dear loving wife.

So yes this story hit me directly in my heart. KUDOS DkOvrLrd6 KUDOS

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Awesome story

I don’t give that many praises to many writers but you get the top of the list I loved it not a lot of sex and just that much more of a real story I just don’t know how to say it it was just awesome thanks hope you keep writing the same type 🥰

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I’m new to Lit. Over the last few weeks I’ve been lucky enough to sort out some mighty fine stories, but this one has to be the very best so far. Happily, my lady love is still very much with me (about 10 feet away as I write this), but I can very well imagine turning into just this sort of mess we’re I to find myself alone. I, too, liked the “ghost using a ghost” device—very resourceful. Keep cranking ‘em out. You have a rare talent.

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Sad but great love story. 5/5

WillcropWillcropalmost 2 years ago

Really enjoyed the story. At times, we all need to find a new way. I know I have. Thanks for a great story and a great reminder

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I feel bad for Rodney. He needs his own tale.

BassNutt51BassNutt51over 1 year ago

I recently lost my wife so this story hits home. Thanks for writing, it brought me to tears and was so real, I need that someone to help me move on. I wish that you had more work current posted here. You are very talented. Thanks again for writing it's much appreciated 😊👍

rbloch66rbloch66over 1 year ago

The best stories are the ones that touch you the deepest. This story did that for me.

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBFover 1 year ago

Beyond awesome, one of the best stories on this entire site.

UncertainTUncertainTover 1 year ago

Thank you, a great tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brad's obsession over Annie was so overdramatic!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brad should have kept the framed drawing of Mary....she was special

dawg997dawg99711 months ago

Truly an excellent story. Your skills with words are greatly appreciated and it was emotional for me, having lost a wife to the big C years ago.

Thanks for your creation. It hit home to me and memories I haven't thought of in years came back. I have you to thank for that.

olddave51olddave517 months ago

Wow Great story if I could give it 7 stars I would. (7 is biblical)

To read about Brad's love for Annie and to see how she helped him was outstanding.

April Fools Day contest? It could've been a Valentine's Day story.

Since you started with Rodney you need to get him a woman! LOL

Now let's have Rodney have a love story ........ Annie and Mary could join forces and find him a forever after love.

Pussylover0286Pussylover02865 months ago

One of the best stories I have read on here so tender and well written.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Is a 'loan hawk' anything like a loan shark?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdarkoverlord6@darkoverlord6
New Writer with interest in Science Fiction , Fantasy, and Horror genres. Grew up on Godzilla and Ultraman back in the Seventies. I guess Im kind of a nerd, love Star Trek, Star Wars, Doctor Who, and watching classic 1950's sci fi movies. Got into writing on Literotica as a...

SIMILAR Stories