All Comments on 'You Don't Know Me'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
great story DG!

Loved the story, loved the song. Always a great read from you DG, which we have come to expect. Keep them coming pleae.

A fan always

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Fantastic as always

Dg, it's nice to see an author who might have cheating wives but also not be afraid to end his stories with happily ever after. Great read as always,

Danielle

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Loved it!

Thanks for a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
There's something very special about your writing

You have a voice and point of view that is rare and unexpected. But, your other fans are right, we are coming to expect it more often. Please keep up the great work. It's tremendous on so many levels.

PAPATOADPAPATOADover 18 years ago
Great Story

Really enjoyed this one. Keep up the good work and keep trying new stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
when you are good,you are good

a good story and the ending was great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Time After Time

Another title to describe your strong and so appreciated efforts.

Thanks Author - With High Regard

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
Excellent

The stry certainly sounds like the love, life and tribulations during high school. You would prefer one girl but you're with another and you DON'T know her. She could well have been like Shiela. Except I never found out.

The marriage was dissolved with little problems and no hate, just disappointment.

This a a great story and well written.

The happy ending is great even though a marriage had to be broken to gain it. Fortunately it would appear that everyone came away happier.

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
Very good

Very ery good story, loved the ending. This was one that left a smile on my face

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great Story

It was a great story to read, not only a wonderful ending but had alot of truth on how life can be. Thanks for writing it

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07over 18 years ago
Excellent

A really good storyline that rings true. Good craftsmanship and excellent character development. They came alive in the reader's mind. The only thing I disagreed with was that I like one of Eddy Arnold's versions of the song better than the Ray Charles rendition.

:)

Seriously, Kudos, DG. Keep up the good work.

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Another good one

This is another in a long line of great stories from you. You always have the kind of plots that draw me in and hold me until the end. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Longhorn pretty well covered it!

Except I like Willie nelson's version.

You have really matured as a writer!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wow, so true to life...

So true to how life can be. It made me a little sad for the children, one losing

a man she thought of as dad and another who has missed time in her young life with her father.

Thanks for a good story.

Blue88Blue88over 18 years ago
Good Job

Nicely done, DG. Realistic and heartwarming. I was really happy to see that things worked out well for Jerry. Thanks for a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Nice, Nice, Nice

It feels great reading a heart-warming story like this. Thanks and looking forward for another good read from one of the respected authors in this site.

thanks again.

benhur726

PEATBOGPEATBOGover 18 years ago
Yet another great one !!

I love a happy ending (where everyone came away happier) in a 'cheating wife' tale. I was, however, more than a little sad for Ellie. The characters came alive in this truly heartwarming story. Hats off to you for the wonderful ending! To me, a story written by a master!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great story

I have read several of your stories and you write as if it were real life happenings. I love them. Keep up the good work.

Ngj

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Good

Thanks for a good story with a good ending

PenceysSecretPenceysSecretover 17 years ago
Woo!

Finally a male character who wears boxers! YAY!

I think this is the first one of youre ive ever read with boxers in it hehe!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Thank You!

Quite possibly your finest work. And please pay no attention to the previous music critics, Ray Charles' version is clearly the definitive recording.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Thank you.

Great story, thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great as always...

The only thing I would have liked to have seen in this was a little revenge against her parents for facilitating the affair.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Good story

I have liked all your stories that I have read so far. You are great at coming up with various angles for stories.

I have never commented on your other stories but there one thing that bugs me on this one. I can understand why Kelly married Jerry for revenge for Tom and being scared about the pregancy. The thing that bugs me is why she persisted in staying married to Jerry. Maybe I am dense and just do not see it. But Kelly had more to gain by leaving Jerry and going with Tom. I saw her loosing virtually nothing by doing so. Kelly was clearly displeased with Jerry's type of life based on the disparaging comments she made about her parents buying her clothes, etc..

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 10 years ago
Another nice one -

Well I am about to run out of reading here -

I may have to put in full work days if you do not fix that??

this was a simple formula WINNER - a couple of neat twists but very predictable - still a lot of tun to read though -

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleover 9 years ago
One of your very best

And that's saying a lot!

I always start at the top of your list and work down, and you've written so many stories that I never got down to the bottom. This time I started down there, and found this eight year old jewel. It's a real gem!

Pappy7Pappy7almost 9 years ago
Pretty good story based on a great song.

The only thing that would have made it better for me is if he could have somehow gotten custody of Ellie. Hard to give up a child that you love. And how can you not love a child? Thanks for the story.

calflashcalflashover 8 years ago
great

effort of weaving a story with a song's lyrics

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Bravo mate. Bravo

*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
what a pathetic tosser he was

like all pig ignorant men he thinks with his dick and not his brain...and to go off and marry that slut and let a loving girl down...what an asshole...eventually the truth came out and he got the girl and daughter who had loved him since school...but like many jerks...he was too blind to see...at least she waited for him to realise his monumental mistake by marrying that cheating whore...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
here we go...

i don't waste keystrokes on capitals, unless they´ve been already put there by whatever wp i ́m using. here goes...

interesting story, very easy reading, somewhat corny, however,...

horrible spelling, too many to list. this was edited?

ignorance of basic female anatomy. he writes vagina when he means vulva, which he probably never heard of. either pussy or cunt would have been fine, as they are both vulgar synonyms for vulva.

author´s question marks. he doesn't know difference between a question and a statement. I asked her if she still loved me. a statement. does she love me? a question.

how important it was to me to own my own business. everyone owns their own stuff. the second own is redundant, and sounds stupid.

All the patrons were staring at me. congrats for the correct spelling of the previously ubiquitous starring.

As we walked hand in and with Jeri in the middle. can´t be a typo, since a and h use different keyboard hands (unless you´re a one finger typist).

editor(s) appear incompetent, and sometimes you get what you pay for.

still readable though, great imagination! thanks.

.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
No

No revenge against Tom and Kelly.At the least he should have got back maintenance off Tom and let their affair be known in the town.

RanDog025RanDog025over 3 years ago
You hit it outta the Park again!

Excellent 5 star story. Good ending!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice story but it takes awfully long for it to become sweet; the foggy blinders had to first fall off of Jerry's eyes and he even needed the help of a past friend. How blind can you be?

Kelly is the typical slut; she has so little love for her husband! The only important person is her! Jerry acts like a wimp and thinks with his little head until he wakes up.

I would have hoped to see a more severe revenge on Tom: like Tom paying child support to Jerry for all the months that Jerry paid for Ellie's up-keep.

I wonder what Tom's father thought about the impact of his son's life style, actions and reputation on the financial well-being of his bank?

5*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ok, but missing any real payback on Ton & Kelly.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Nice but he was as blind as Ray Charles.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...