All Comments on 'You Don't Pull On Superman's Cape'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 210 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Good story, Slirpuff!

I enjoyed this story. There was no forced reconciliation at the end. Thanks for sharing. Ohio, USA

Rob ConnerRob Conneralmost 14 years ago
One of Your BEST!

GOOD TALE!! 4.0!

bruce22bruce22almost 14 years ago
Good entertaining tale

No lovable people in this one but it distracts one!

AgenaAgenaalmost 14 years ago
Great Story

A great story from a master story teller.

Average_WriterAverage_Writeralmost 14 years ago
Once again good story.

Thanks for writing the story Slirpuff and keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

Finally a story about a MAN who wasn't pussy-whipped into reconciling with an ungrateful, cuckolding bitch. BRAVO and well-done !!!

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 14 years ago
eh...

doesnt suck.

The issue with how the judge reacted to the claim of possible child molestation is NOT in any way close to reality.

This day and age a 4 year can and has -- MANY TIMEs -- put more than 1 aduls in jail for years over imgained memories.

Courts do not EVER ask for proof with rearad to child endangerment . They always act on the side of extreme caution.

I dont get the wife's reaction to the worker accident and OSHA. She worekd at the company too and she HAD to know have intrusive and harsh OSHA inspections can be. This is their livelihood they are dealing... the compnay is their entire source of income.

yet she reacted like a 14 year old over the anniversary. He was not out drinking with his buddies or bowling but trying their company .

zed0zed0almost 14 years ago
Almost Great!

I gave you a 5 anyway. I could feel the emotional tug in your writing, it really seemed that you wanted to reconcile them, but forced yourself to have Sheila & Steve settle for being fuck buddy's. That build up; will he wimp out or won't he, created a lot of tension, (truly a "whorror" story) and made the ending somewhat more enjoyable. With neither party being able to connect with anybody else, resulted in an unsettling "quasi" happy ending, but probably was more realistic. Looked like Steve may have wanted to hook up with Ken's ex, and although somewhat trite, that would have definitely made Steve's revenge on Ken (and Sheila) a bit more personal, and enjoyable to protagonist and reader alike.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Another story about a rich guy and his drugged wife

While this was better than most, the overall plot was the same: Incredibly rich guy has a wife who cheated on him and later on finds out she was drugged. How incredibly...boring.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbialmost 14 years ago
Glad I'm not . . .

I normaly wouldn't comment on an author's character. They are what he/she paints them as for the story as written. I'll make this time an exception. I am glad I am not and could never be a person like Steve. I may have come close from my mid forties through almost sixty I put work ahead of almost everything, but even then I wasn't a dyed in the wool asshole like the Steve character.

I assume a number of readers will sing praises about a story where the lead male acts the way some think a man should act. This ain't it.

The story as written is a tried and true American small town neighborhood story where good triumphs over evil in the end. My problem with it is the grossly miscolored perception of good. Slirpuff did great with the title though, it does read like a Saturday morning cartoon for modern times.

vietvetvietvetalmost 14 years ago
Sorry harry:

I'm afraid that the courts only care about the kids if there is a great deal of publicity attached to the case.

Point of example: The courts in Washington State, and "CPS", and many other states and jurisdictions, routinely pet children back in the custody of Pedophiles, rapists, abusers, and drug addicts.

These cases are documented and available Thur the "FOIA" (freedom of information act) and there have been many deaths caused by this neglect.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
H u m m m m and h u m m m m

Far too many fantasy situations given the story premise. The projection of this fem writer of her fem thoughts and beliefs come through as she projects them onto the lead male character - all too common for fem writers .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
ONE...

of your BEST...

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 14 years ago
Question for BobNBobbi.... how EXACTLY was steve an asshole?

your deep twisted sexual obession with wimps and cuckolds are well known.... but can you please point out how steve was in general an ASSHOLE??

No one else agrees with THAT assessment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Courts etc.

Sorry Harry, I too had no problem believing that plot line with the court taking the word of the mother over the daughter and father. A mother's word is damn near sacrosanct in the courts but a father's is not. You often need evidence showing her pulling a train and snorting drugs to get a court to release custody from mummy. "Children need their mothers!" is the mantra, carried over from those "evil patriarchal chivalry days".

While you're correct that many "family" courts if not most take those allegations seriously, it is far from unbiased. There are plenty of records available showing courts giving kids back to parents, especially mothers that do not deserve it.

PS, enjoyed the story.

-Hexxed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
excellent

to the point along with entainment.d

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 14 years ago
Really good

I liked it and it was very readable as well. I'm not sure that I buy into the long court sanctioned imprisonment. I am doubtful that a court would take such action with an allegation of possible sexual molestation. Further, I doubt the court would have carried such an action out for so long. Holding someone so long without conviction of a significant crime is very hard to do and he had the money to fight it. However, courts are also very unpredictable creatures so maybe..... Steve can be a cold person. He is a very smart and rational person and not very emotional. When he realizes someone is doing him wrong he gets very calculating to address the problem. That's how he handled Sheila. OK, she was drugged. That explains the sex, however, Sheila spent a lot of time building an emotional connection with Ken when she knew Steve had major problems with him. It was a very in-your-face action. Ken, as Steve suspected, turned out to be a major slimeball. If Sheila had listened to her husband she wouldn't have ended up with all the trouble she faced. Here's a simple idea for either spouse. If your spouse expresses great dislike about a specific person perhaps you should respect that, even if it is unfounded. If your spouse has objections to a lot of people that is different. But Steve only objected to Ken. He did not object to her fund raising activities or meeting with anyone else. Just Ken. Shelia, through a blend of stupidity, arrogance, childishness, and a bunch of other things steered her life off a cliff. The whole thing reminds me of telling your kid not to associate with people who use drugs. Then one night you get a call from your kid saying they have been arrested for drugs because they were at a party where drugs were in use. When you hang around with the wrong people, some of it rubs off. It's nice that Ken ended up paying for his misdeeds although the mechanism wasn't very interesting. I'm also not sure why in God's name would you put up your ex-wife in your house. Rent her an apartment if you must but no way in hell would you want to see her day to day. As for the sex, he's a successful, rich guy. He could get all the women he wants.

bdoggriffenbdoggriffenalmost 14 years ago
not possible

Child would be removed from house immediately. There is a low level or proof required where a child's welfare is in danger. This could not happen it's not even close. There would be an immediate investigation. And every official adult who hears the child's claim, needs to cover their asses, from the police, to the child protective service officials, to to the judges. No one is going to risk their careers when a child has made such a claim. The protocols are strict and reviewed yearly. The welfare of the child is a very different question from whether the son would be prosecuted. And rightly so.

size14shoesize14shoealmost 14 years ago
Full of shit

Steve is full of shit. He could let his employees run the business for the 8 or 9 months he was in jail but couldn't trust them to handle the OSHA investigation so he could celebrate his anniversary with his wife.

`

Steve treated his wife like a slave who had to do as she was told or else. Apparently he had her watched and when Ken slipped her the date-rape drug, his PI was there to take pictures. Steve threw her out and put her in the position of needing to stay with Ken. He had to use date rape drugs to fuck her even then. But none of this made the slightest difference to Steve.

`

"You will be served tomorrow at the house and will have forty-eight hours to vacate the premises. There will also be a court order issued so you will not be able to come within one hundred feet of this or any of the other properties I own."

`

That paranoid prick saw shit that wasn't there. With all the opportunities she had she stayed true to her husband -- except of course not minding him like the slave he wanted her to be. She repeatedly demonstrated her love for her husband but she also showed some spunk when that asshole tried to control her every move.

mike2710mike2710almost 14 years ago
thanks

It was a good story enjoyed it. Thanks for the entertainment and keep them coming. Mike from Texas

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
A few things

I like your stories, and your improvement as a writer over the past year has been impressive. BUT...

Please don't fall into the date-rape drug trap that so many other writers do. There is no drug that turns a woman into a crazed cock-whore. None. either have the sex be consensual, or rape. Not a fantasy drug that doesn't exist. It's a cop-out.

PLEASE stop using the word 'babes'. You use it in EVERY story. It's as if the husband in every story is the same person.Try a few different terms of endearment.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 14 years ago
Steve wasn't an asshole but....

....he was a major douchebag Harry. The number one reason for divorce where I grew up was Dad playing "Captain of Industry" too much. Steve's a loser because he had the people in place and the financial wherewithal to have his romance and still run the company. As usual with these always entertaining tales, slirp-dog has written characters(especially the male) who could forgo a lot of heartache by communicating and occasionally compromising. I read puff for the way the inanity of his plots match up to the inane ways some (hopefully,"fringe") people react in real life. And because like woodman he spends little time on regret, which I find amazing.

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1almost 14 years ago
Good, just not your best

I read everything you post and this was another good story. I haven't read anything of yours I haven't liked in a long time, and this is another technically proficient story. When I say that, I mean that it's believable, well plotted and well written. I tend to agree with those who say this could happen, no matter how many people swear that courts always take a zero tolerance policy about threats to children and take immediate action. Sometimes they do, but I live in Florida and there are and have been too many stories about children sent back to parents to wind up raped, abused and/or murdered to believe that courts ALWAYS move immediately when an allegation of abuse is made Also, the parent (or parent's boyfriend) in this case is rich and powerful. Again, courts and child protection agencies are quick to move against poor and middle class families, but they're not quite that quick to take action against the wealthy and powerful. Sorry to be cynical, but again, justice is carried out by men. It's amenable to influence.

Again, I don't see a problem with the hero. He's protecting his daughter. He's through with his wife and while my personal inclination would be to give a wife a second chance in that situation, there are a lot of men that couldn't or wouldn't and I understand their feelings.

Finally, like I said, I liked this story. It's what I can only call a more typical Lit story. We're introduced to a hero and a wife who eventually cheats on him with a sonofabitch and he fights back, destroys his enemy, and his wife is punished and left to pay for her mistakes. That's fine and it's well done. It's just that this writer has gone beyond that in a lot of recent stories. He's written stories that touch the heart and make readers really think about some serious issues. There's nothing wrong with this one, it's just that he's spoiled us recently. It's his fault for setting us up with higher expectations.

But I'm still looking forward to his next.

Zeb40Zeb40almost 14 years ago
No clear cut winner here.

Steve was right to be suspicious of Ken, but he went at it all wrong. He mistrusted Shelia when she didn't deserve it, and even afterward, when she was accompanying Ken on the fundraisers we find out she didn't cheat until she had been drugged.

A little communication might have saved some further grief. Her biggest mistake was in not trusting Steve to act in his daughter's best interests. Again, a little communication would have helped. I don't recall him giving Linda a chance to talk to her mother about what happened. A mother would have to be brain dead to at least not check out the story.

Two flawed people here. Luckily we're all perfect and don't have to put up with these losers.

Good story, but you have been so good recently that the first time you are less so, this group will eat you up. Hang in there. Looking forward to more.

Paul

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Hey Slirps you got it wrong

You don't tug on Superman's cape,

You don't spit into the wind.

You don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger

And you don't mess around with Slim...

Those Jim Croce days...Mancelt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Steve WASN'T an ass hole and Sheila put her child in harms way.

Comment that Steve was an ass hole is from a fool. He had every reason to believe Sheila was cuckolding him. He made it clear that he expected his wife to be HIS wife and not fool around with a predatory bastard (which Ken clearly was). She was a fool, became a slut, and delivered her child into the hands of sexually deviates. Steve should of administered a final slam dunk on her ass.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 14 years ago
Liked It

Don't really care for any character in this story...Steve neglected his family for his job, the wife was naive/stupid, and Ken is pedophile predator that should have been slowly tortured to death. Still you made it an interesting story. Thanks for posting.

JennyBearJennyBearalmost 14 years ago
A good read

I have enjoyed your previous submissions immensely. I have to agree with Q though; this is not your best work. The conclusion left me feeling kind of empty. <P>

When I originally started reading the Loving Wives genre, I was hell bent on retribution. I finally realized all the drama is in the reconciliations, all those emotions and all that dialogue. <P>

TY for writing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
She was wrong

A wife does not have the option of disobeying her husband. When hubby said no more fundraisers with Ken, that should have been the end of it. Of course most women today think that submiting to their husbands is demeaning, which it is not. Steve was not abusive and only thought about the welfare of his wife and daughter, as a husband is proper. Most marriages get in trouble when the proper roles are violated through selfishness of or vanity. Shelia disrespected her husband's wishes and suffered for it.

Oh well, live and learn.

cpetecpetealmost 14 years ago
It was not the drugged sex..

I believe the author had Steve end the marriage not so much because of the sex (even drugged) -that was just the final straw-but the fact the wife chose Ken over her husband and daughter. She was having an emotional affair way before the drugged sex.

Shelia would have eventually had sex with Ken on her own steam, it was only a matter of time the way the Author had Ken and Shelia behaving-Ken just sped the bedroom event up with the drugs.

As for Ken allowing Sheila to move back into the house..possible because Steve felt it was in his daughters interest and Steve really had no emotiional attachment to Sheila as a wife anymore. This is why Steve could use Shelia for sex and as bedroom buddy. Heck they banged together for 8 years-so whats a few more times.

Thanks for keeping Steve character strong and not wimping out -yet giving Steve some heart not to cut the ex-wife out completely. The author showed Steve still had feeling for the Shelia as a person, mother of his child and their past time together. Steve knew that was going to be the extent his and Shelias relationship.

Looking forward Sheila would try to "worm" her way back to Steve via sex/homemaker/mother-but that ship done sailed the moment she took up with Ken. Sheila will stay until Steve starts bring around the canidates for 2nd wife. Then Shelia will understand its been over for a while and move out to start her own life.

Always enjoy your stories. Thanks for the read.

size14shoesize14shoealmost 14 years ago

"We're introduced to a hero and a wife who eventually cheats on him with a sonofabitch and he fights back, destroys his enemy, and his wife is punished and left to pay for her mistakes."

`

"It was so easy to get Sheila in bed with me. Three drinks with a little something extra in each and she was mine for the taking. Do you know she cried over you for almost four days straight? She thought all the way up to when the divorce became final that you would change your mine and take her back; your loss. But now a few drops of my special elixir in her drink every once in a while and she is mine to do anything with."

Yeah, let the bitch pay for her mistakes...

BobNbobbiBobNbobbialmost 14 years ago
Harry asked so here is

Harry in Virginia wants to know why I consider Steve an asshole. Let's see what Slirpuff has told us about his main character.

Point 1 - Steve has a high degree of arrogance to the point that only his opinions have any validity; for example: "Ms. Howe, is your client ready to tell the court the location of his daughter and allow his ex-wife her visitation with said daughter? Those are the only issues we are addressing today. The court doesn't dispute his custody claim. However, his ex-wife's visitation rights are not being met, and have not been for the last seven months. The condition of his release, as previously stated, is to relay to this court the location of his daughter. He also needs to allow his ex-wife her court ordered visitation rights. It further states that his ex-wife is willing to consider court supervised visitations if she is allowed to see her daughter again." I looked up at Victoria and shook my head.

Further evidence: "Vicki, just do whatever you have to do to get me out of here, I don't care what or how."

"Steve, tell them."

"Can't do that and you know why. Just go back to your office and do what I'm paying you a lot of money to do. Also, have Carl stop by tomorrow and give me an update on how my company is doing," I said looking at a grim Vicki.

Point 2 - His money can buy everything; for example: "Carl," I said looking him directly in the eye. "I don't care how much money or people you have to throw at it, I want it done and done soon. Do you understand?"

Another example about his lawyer and the judge: "I trust that my company will still be in good shape when I'm out of here and don't worry, you'll be amply rewarded. On another note, find another group of lawyers to help Victoria Howe. The judge seems to have a personal vendetta against me. See if we can get her removed from my case."

"You know if that doesn't work you're just going to piss her off even more, don't you?"

"And your point? What's she going to do, throw me in jail?" I snickered.

"Also do a background check on her. There's got to be something there we can use," I told him standing up since our hour was now over. "Take good care of my baby will you?

Point 3 - Steve is little more than a spoiled Mama's Boy. Here are two examples: "Mom, I really don't want to go tonight," I'd tell her over and over while she drove me to one social function after another.. . . My mother never took no for an answer. She was going to make me a social butterfly one way or another.

And again on his mother's death: When they finally got there, the paramedics couldn't revive her, she was already gone. They said it looked like a heart attack but they couldn't be sure until all the tests were done. Everything for the next twenty-four hours moved in slow motion. I heard voices but they were somewhere far away and I just ignored them. I guess there was a lot of crying and people telling me how sorry they were but nothing registered. It was my mom, the one staple that had always been in my life.

"Steve, honey, is there anything I can do for you? Sweetheart?" my wife asked more than once but there really wasn't anything anyone could do short of bringing my mother back.

Point 4 - Steve's only real interest in life was his work; the company he built was his true child and his only family. The take good care of my baby quote in Point 2 refers to his company, not his daughter. When he first hired his wife Sheila there is this quote: "Shelia, let me give you the nickel tour of my baby."

Point 5 - The story Slirpuff has told gives absolutely no reason for Steve to be hostile toward his male adversary Ken the first time Steve's anger surfaces. At that point in the story the only interaction between the two men was the auction biding scene where Ken overpaid for a vacation trip for his wife. That hardly justifies this behavior: "That wasn't too friendly," Shelia whispered to me.

"I have no reason to be friendly to him," was all I said.

After dinner, when the music started I asked Shelia if she wanted to dance.

"You up to it?" she asked.

"I'm not dead yet," I replied smiling. So we danced for the next half hour. It felt good to have her in my arms again, and then it happened.

"Hey old man, can I have this dance with your lovely wife?" Ken asked already reaching for her.

"No."

I surmised by the surprised look on his face he wasn't use to being told no; it took Shelia by surprise too.

"Steve, it's just one dance," Shelia implored looking at me.

"What is it about no don't you understand? Ok, let me say it again more slowly so you can fully understand what I'm saying. No, you are not going to dance with my wife now or ever again. Now, do you understand it or do I have to write it down for you?" I said looking him right in the eye.

"No problem," he said skulking away.

"Steve, that was rude."

"Shelia, did you want to dance with him instead of me?"

"Of course not, why would you ask such a thing?"

"Because just the way you looked at me when I basically told him to go to hell, that's all." My mind started to imagine a whole lot of things after that night. Did we make love that night when we got home? No, she complained that she had a bit of a headache. The following morning I left long before Shelia woke up. I was the first one in.

I think those are enough examples of juvenile, antisocial attitude and behavior by a suppossedly highly intelligent and wealthy individual. There are many more examples in Slirpuff's story. Please note I have not tried to read more or less into what the author has given us; I used cut and paste to provide these examples. I call this kind of behavior asshole, that much is just my opinion Harry.

As to the fact that Slirpuff provided sufficient evidence at the end of the story to show that Ken is a criminal, I find that irrelevant to Steve's character. In my book, Steve is still an asshole who drove his wife into a situation where she was put in jeopardy as well as their daughter. He brought most of his misfortune on himself. That's my read and I am stickin' to it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
You Don't "Tug" On Superman's Cape

You don't pull "the mask off the old Lone Ranger."

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 14 years ago
With apologies to Jim Croce's memory...

I thought it was an outstanding story!

size14shoesize14shoealmost 14 years ago

I love this comment:

"Shelia would have eventually had sex with Ken on her own steam, it was only a matter of time the way the Author had Ken and Shelia behaving-Ken just sped the bedroom event up with the drugs."

`

Ken and Sheila had only been raising funds together for 2 fucking YEARS before Ken drugged her. Don't know why he resorted to drugs, the seduction was moving right along.

`

Ken and Sheila's ONLY behavior was raising funds for the Make a Wish Foundation. Oh, and Steve's ridiculous behavior wadid have Sheila seeking a friendly shoulder to cry on. She sure couldn't talk to that asshole husband of hers.

`

Ken had to use drugs to get Sheila to give up the pussy during the 8 months Steve was in jail while she was living in his house. And she was so fucked up she needed help after she left Steve. Yeah, right. It was just a matter of time...

incestor007incestor007almost 14 years ago
I liked it

story was very good, some legal holes but still great read. Steve is what he is. Best part he knows he is arrogant, that is what makes you honest. Didn't Shelia know about his character. As long as i can see, She was the one who chose him. If being proactive and fighting for family makes you asshole, than yes he is. Some husbands will watch and see how far their wife will go.

And about letting his friends run the company, did he have any choice, isn't it great to have trustworthy friends. Missing anniversary was not excuse for her to get angry. She cared about anniversary, she cared about her friendship with ken, she cared about all kids, but not her own.

he is asshole because he did not trust his wife after she let him down and believed some asshole over her own daughter? You can take risk and trust your spouse because they are replaceable if they break your trust. But you dont take risk in case of your kids. Woman with character like her should not be allowed in house. Their daughter is smarter than her.

About drug? she was not child, doing again and again. Yes she was faithful, whenever she wasn't with Ken, she made exception for him, let him drug her again and again. when it came to ken there was no compromise, hubby has to understand, he was important, his friendship was important worth risking marriage, more important than her daughter. Dance with him was important, but idiot hubby does not understand.

"I thought you were not coming" (so i started looking for your replacement, and dear Ken was available).

"if you not coming home..blah blah.. blah... i want out" (because now i have opportunity like Ken and I cant wait).

This is not loving spouse she was wayward wife. Looking for better. She is back because he is in jail. people like size14shoe and BobNbobbi very kind who would never let their spouse miss any opportunity. Is not that marriage all about?. helping your spouse, stand with with her always, even help her look for another spouse.

Well he could have use child protective service. they might have protected her from Ken and his son, but who will protect her from her own mother, you cant trust woman like her with your kids. Suppose she agreed with him not to take her Ken's house, but one day , because Ken is such good friend and he has very good son, she took her to his place or some other place with Ken and his son, when Steve was out. And would have happen some day. What could might have happened to her? Will you take risk, what you would like to be proactive or Reactive. Helping your spouse find another spouse( while she are married to HIGH MORAL people like you) is one thing but risking your daughter, are you sick?. He could not hide her daughter forever he knew that. So there might be some other motive. He had to ensure her mother really care about her. All the seven months he was in jail, she never moved out of Ken's house, until he gave her solid proof and send him to jail.

If I were Steve, I wont even let her come near my daughter. She would be much responsible for any harm as Ken and his son. And I am not a kind of person who likes to say "I told You" after loss. This loss was too much to take. So in my opinion Steve is very intelligent , proactive, observing and proactive not asshole. And he did not invite her to live with them, she is slave because he did not kicked her out? No one was force in this story neither being slave(as some people say) nor raped (come on, three drinks with rich and handsome guy, how much it could harm, and what hubby does not know wont hurt him right?).

If my wife says she does not feel good me being around with some other woman, I would respect her wishes., unless she not talking about my mother or sister. And I expect same from my wife. That is how spouse make sure their partner never feel insecure. Yes if spouse feels uncomfortable about everyone, then you never gonna work. So in this story Steve in eight years, felt this about Ken.

Not every one is IDEAL MAN like size14shoe and BobNbobbi. And Steve has some flaws, you know like he wanted to protect his daughter,wanted to keep his wife for him only, did not want to share her with Ken, did not even wanted to take chance to lose his wife, did not let his wife meet with some guy and let her fall in love him, acting like a man not wimp.

Steve did everything OK, but should not let her live in same house. I dont understand why some people think he is an asshole. he did not even take revenge. he did what he had to, he did nothing for revenge.

I liked the story. Good work.

thebulletthebulletalmost 14 years ago
unlikeable people doing unlikeable things

In any story it helps to have someone to root for.

Steve is no hero. He treated his wife like chattel. He was so focused on his job that there was no room for his wife. She was merely additional furniture in his neat existence. If she hadn't forced him to make a decision, they would probably still be seeing each other twice a week at the Hampton Inn and this whole story would have been unnecessary.

As for the wife, it is difficult to see her since she only appears through the eyes of the 'protagonist'. She put up with a lot of thoughtless shit before she finally gave up on her husband and decided to do her own thing. The fact that 'her thing' included seeing the prospective seducer for two years without succumbing to his seduction shows that she may have been stupid, but she didn't plan to be a cheater.

And of course, like all controlling assholes, once she was seduced, even if by drugs, it was time to kick her to the curb.

No, there wasn't much to like here.

And by the way, if using a popular musical reference, get it right, for God's sake. My brother was a buddy of Jim Croce's and just the title of this story would probably piss him off.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 14 years ago
size14shoe comments PROVE he is a serious whacko

a SERIOUS whacko. Folks ... have you ever read comments from anyone with a more fucked up up grasp of reality ??

This is now the 4th or 5th major LW story he has posted on and in EVERY instance-- every one !!!-- size14shoe has called EVERY husband "a drama queen" "anti social" "out of control" " paranoid" or "delsuional"....

BUT at the same time ....in EVERY instance size14shoe has NEVER said anything that is mildy negative about ANY of the wives actions or behaviors in any story unless you really press him. Even then every action the wife has taken which has not been kosher size14shoe has asserted those actions FORCED by the out of contol husband .

take for example this plie of cow shit this Moron has shoveled.

size14 show asserted that the wife moving into Ken's house was the HUSBAND's fault.. He doesnt say HOW or WHY this is the husband's fault... it Just IS.

The wife agreed to stop seeing Ken. Recall the Candleight love making scene that the wife set up?

she broke that agreement for TWO reasons.... 1) the Husband's Mom dying and the husbands reaction to that sudden death. 2) When OSHA came down hard on him ... as is the federal's govt tendency to do -- except when it comes to EXXON or BP-- and he missed the annivesary.

This is a company that SHE was involved in. She KNEW it was their sole source of income.

Once again size14shoe cannot seem to grasps INTENT.

yet in size 14 shoe's never ending attempt to ONLY blame attack and criticize husband in EVERY LW story he cannot seem to recall these FACTS:

..........I never knew about the lunches or the fund raising visits to other companies until a CEO friend of another company in the tri-state area, casually mentioned that he'd been hit up for a donation by my wife and Ken two weeks earlier........

.............."Grow up, will you? This is about the kids, not Ken anymore. Steve, I'm an adult. I don't need your damn permission to do this and I'm going; it's too late to cancel. All those months you moped around and then when you missed our anniversary did I tell you that I wasn't going to allow you to go back to work? No, we got over it."...............

THAT is NOT happend. Steve did NOT mope around. His MOM died suddenly. Steve did NOT intentionally miss the anniversary.

those two events do NOT justify the wife seeing Ken socially a KNOWN adulterer and pussy hound.

Yet all this ....according to size14show... is prefectly ok. The wife has done NOTHING wrong. At this point Size14show outright Lies here with the that they had been fundrasing as a team for 2 years.

It is the LYING by the wife -- as I showed above -- that w as the issue then her LYING about what steve had gone though over the past year.

Finally to show out how fucking of whack size14show REALLY is... note folks that size14 never mentiones the daughter seeing the other older boy -- David-- walk naked into her bedroom at ken's House.

Never says a word about THAT. IF the daughter had been molested Guess whom size14show would of blamed?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Personally

Even thou I ran a co. my wife and kids always came first, second, third and fourth so it's hard to relate. I had to cut a vacation short by a couple of days because of poor planing on my part once but after that never again. My kids did sports and I never missed a game so if your involved in their lives shit like this doesn't happen, stupidy on both parts. All this shit should have never happened, but then their wouldn't have been a story, and thats why we are here, right. So thank you author for the effort.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 14 years ago
to BobNbobbi -- wonderful response. It proves you are a MORON

dude you walked right into the trap. The issue here is YOU SHOWING how 1) only steve is at fault here 2) STEVE is an asshole

and therefore by implication 3) the wife did nothing wrong.

I knew after reading about your stories that because of your overpowering sexual obession that you had trouble with reality but It never occured to me you were this screwed up in the head.

dude Get help. seriously.

POINT #1... Listen STUPID... he wont tell that Judge where the daughter is because Steve thinks -- rightly or wrongly --that his Ken's son is trying to rape his dauhgter.

YOU think that is arrogance? wow... dude you need mental help.

POINT 2-- Getting info on Judge that is giving your problems is rather common.

POINT 3-- you are using Steve's REACTION to his Mom's SUDDEN death as proof that Steve is an ASSHOLE?

then phrase for better or worse sickness and in health mean anything to you?

DUDE .....YOU ARE FUCKING CRAZY ....

then you cite Steven NOT wanting to go to the Prom. That occurred when he was what 16? 18? dude come on get a grip you moron. How is THAT incident PROOF that steve is 1) arrogant 2) an asshole?

Are you SERIOSULY arguing that anyone who did NOT want to go to the their JR or SR Prom is an a asshole

dude you are nuts.

POINT 5... Not being friendly is NOT the same thing as being hostile.

You posted this :

"..........I think those are enough examples of juvenile, antisocial attitude and behavior by a suppossedly highly intelligent and wealthy individual. There are many more examples in Slirpuff's story...."

dude you are serious fucking Moron.

get help.

soon.

as I said with size14shoe idiots like you would blame Kens son who trying to molest the daughter ....on Steve...

then I read this from YOU: ......."In my book, Steve is still an asshole who drove his wife into a situation where she was put in jeopardy as well as their daughter........"

The fault's isnt david... kens' son . It isnt the wife who moved in the Ken's house for NO justifiable reason. .

Its Steve.s???? holy shit .

sexmatesexmatealmost 14 years ago
Another good story

It was a bit contrived but it was enjoyable to read. Your stories are are becoming a standard here. I look forward to them.

As far as Steve. His actions are admirable with his daughter! And he is the hero here. But his overal actions to his wife and family leave a lot to be desired. FAMILY comes first! Not work or business! A lesson he still hasn't learned.

Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
i agree with harry on the facts,not the name calling

fault any man for trying to take care of his family is crazy.when you marry naive women this what happen.her lover saw a openning and took it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Just My Two Cents...

In a way, it's a tribute to Slirpuff's talent as a storyteller that so many folks are getting involved in a heated argument over who was the real "villain" of the piece.

Here's my take on the story...

Both Steve and Sheila are flawed individuals. Steve grew up socially and emotionally stunted, despite his mother's best efforts to the contrary. From the text, we see that Steve was very much a "geek", and it's not uncommon for such individuals to reach adulthood less-than-able to handle emotional relationships with ease and skill.

Sheila, on the other hand, grew up in a somewhat naive condition, in that she was incapable of understanding that there ARE "wolves" out there, who are looking to prey on beautiful, unsuspecting women. Her state of mind led her to implicitly trust that Ken's intentions were honorable, when they were in fact anything but.

In this, we have two entirely believable characters - and they are an image of far more people (out of society as a whole) than most folks would like to imagine.

They're flawed. But, then, each of us is flawed in some fashion or other. Not one of us is perfect. And that's part of what makes this story so intriguing and believable.

Because he is emotionally stunted, Steve handles the initial situation with Ken and Sheila badly. He should have tried to explain to Sheila that there are some men in this world who simply love to prey on people. Some of these men are content to steal money, or jewelry, or property - to take another's wealth and make it their own. But there are also men who are more twisted. It's too easy, to them, to steal inanimate items of personal property. The ultimate "theft", though, is when you can steal away the wife of another man - or, for that matter, the husband of another woman. To convince a human being to become unfaithful to his or her spouse, and go to bed with them.

He should have also dared to bare his own feelings to his wife, to let her know that - in some ways - he feels inadequate to be her husband. He's not as 'dashing" or as "handsome" or as "suave and sophisticated" as this other man, and that he's afraid of losing her to him.

If he'd done either (preferably, both) of those things, he might not have lost his wife as he did. In his fear of being inadequate to keep her, he also became afraid to tell her so, for fear that this too would be a sign of his weakness and inadequacy, and that even this admission would make her think less of him.

This flaw cost him his happy marriage, in part.

Sheila, too, is responsible. It's difficult to picture a woman who hasn't read a novel - or seen a movie or a television show - in which a slime-ball man steals away another man's wife in just such a manner. She certainly had to have SOME hint that there were men like this in the world, and yet she let Ken begin his gentle seduction of her.

And, of course, Steve reacts in precisely the wrong manner. It's simple human nature, in an adult, to rebel when someone says, "I forbid you to...", regardless of what the forbidden "thing" is, when there is no explanation of the reasoning behind the demand. Thus, Sheila rebels against Steve's seemingly unreasonable demand, and the situation approaches critical mass.

Drugs? Granted, GHB and Rohypnol leave the victim oblivious to what is happening to them. it also leaves them totally unresponsive to what is going on. But there are plenty of compounds in the realm of chemistry (the gamut of recreational drugs stands as witness) that have other effects on the human body. All that is required is a combination of compounds that promote a sense of euphoria, lessen inhibitions, alter the perception of what is right or wrong. Acting in concert, such compounds can boost the libido, promoting a desire for sexual release.

Add to this "cocktail" Sheila's vulnerable emotional state. Her husband is not as emotionally involved with her as she desires, and he is acting in an (to her) irrational manner with his pronouncements against Ken. In the meanwhile, Ken is putting on his "saintly" act, claiming to be Sheila's "very good friend, who just wants to BE THERE for her". He's been acting in this capacity for a couple years, during their time together and away from Steve. An emotional bond has been forming, in Sheila's mind, with him.

Put Sheila's psychologically vulnerable state together with whatever the drug "cocktail" is. Add in the alcoholic drinks in which the drugs are being administered. Alcohol lowers inhibitions and alters our perceptions of what is right or wrong, what is advisable or foolish conduct. Just ask any woman who's gotten drunk at a party and winds up pregnant, a few weeks later, with no knowledge of who she bedded at the party. It's not at all difficult to see how easily Sheila allowed herself to be lured into bed with Ken.

And, then, there's Steve's accusation: "So, I guess you thought to yourself, "I'll show that son of a bitch and I'll spend two days with Ken in bed." You played right into his hands."

And Sheila's reply (in part)? "Don't you think I know that now?"

She doesn't deny his accusation. In part, she admits to it being true. She was already sufficiently "attached" to Ken and, angered by Steve's demand, she rebelled and considered going to bed with Ken just to "get even" with her husband.

Simple human nature. Ken had associated with Steve enough to be aware of Steve's "weaknesses", and had confirmation of them from his chats with Sheila. His association with Sheila left him privy to HER weaknesses. He very expertly played Steve and Sheila against each other, acting in just the right way so as to produce the result he desired.

And, we're aware (from Steve's memory) that Sheila is a bit of a tigress in bed, when aroused. So, put her pliable emotional state, her attachment to Ken, the drug cocktail, and the alcohol, all together, and you have a woman who responds to Ken's sexual advances in a willing manner.

The courts? Slirpuff has painted a very realistic word-picture of the legal system, with regard to child-custody and visitation. The current reigning legal opinion is that the child benefits more from the mother's presence in his/her life, than from the father's presence. Thus, mothers typically get custody in and "open-and-shut" manner, regardless of the father's protests as to the mother's fitness.

That "fitness" protest requires proof of some sort. Hypothesize, for a moment, that the father has knowledge that his ex-wife has started using "recreational drugs" on a daily basis. The only proof of his accusation is to perform a drug-test on the mother. Unfortunately, a series of precedents has been set (courtesy of activist judges) that make it an invasion of the woman's privacy to demand she submit to a drug test.

Any further investigation as to a parent's fitness to have custody of the child or children would require some investigative work. The courts are currently over-worked and under-staffed. They have neither the staff nor the budget required to investigate any but the absolute worst cases, if even those. You can hire a private investigator, but that takes money, and in most cases, the poor husband is already strapped for cash as a result of the divorce and the amount of child-support being yanked out of his paychecks.

And, even if the father HAS the money to hire a detective to get the goods on his ex-wife, the evidence is now suspect. It used to be that a simple photograph of the mother using drugs, or involved in some sort of mad orgy, was sufficient evidence. Now, with software like Photoshop in such prolific use, even photos are not considered conclusive proof, because they can have been "doctored".

Short of the mother being pulled over for DUI, and the cops finding drugs in her possession, there is very little evidence that a father can provide to demonstrate her being an unfit mother, that the courts will accept on face value.

It's sad, but it's true.

And that's my take on an excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Not your best but...

you still are one of the very best and your stories are always a good read. That said, I feel he contributed greatly to the problem while he went through months of grieving and there at least should have been hope for possibly getting back together.. Thanks again for the enjoyment.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 14 years ago
good Post JUST MY 2 CENTS... but you got the court thing VERY wrong.

thanks you for saying these important words SHELIA IS RESPONSIBLE TOO.

Steve being somewhat geeky isnt reason for Shelia to fuck other men.

Steve zoning out of the sudden demise of his mother for a few months is unfortunate... but it doesnt justify her secret meetings with Steve. Once steve was back with the living the wife should NOT of hid them.

suppose steve had cancer and underwent Months of Chemo and could not perform sexually? I guess that makes him an asshole right?

This however you got this 100% wrong.

.....Slirpuff has painted a very realistic word-picture of the legal system, with regard to child-custody and visitation. The current reigning legal opinion is that the child benefits more from the mother's presence in his/her life, than from the father's presence.....

re-read the story. STEVE had custody. So you are wrong.

The SOLE reason steve was hiding the daughter was NOT becuase Shelia was fucking ken or that she moved in with him.

THERE WAS A THREAT OF CHILD ABUSE and shelia did not believe her own daughter .

Your essay on PARENTS FINTNESS and legal proof is bullshit. Steve never said Sheila was or is an unfit mother.

There was never any allegation about drugs. Private detectiives did not need to get " the goods" on her she shelia was OPENLY staying with ken.

In todays world the courts do NOT require proof of child abuse. They always error on the side of caution FOR THE CHILD.

a divorce wife moves in with her boyfriend. The daughter tell the court that she saw david come into her room naked and she is scared... and the court says we need proof?

what fucking planet are you idiots living on?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
All right, Slirpuff.

I'm going to do just what Harry and many other unfortunate Literotica reviewers do: I hate your premise, I disagree with your conclusions, I don't like the ending, I'd fault your grammar if I could. I never encountered any of the situations you described, but I just know you're wrong. For those reasons, then, I declare you to be a worthless, despicable person who has no right to write, much less live on this planet. Rich

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Good but not great

Thanks for your story.

I think that the comments so far have been a pretty good read too.

I thought that Shelia's character was not consistent. She wasn't in love with Ken. Her character would (in my read of her) have been at the cops ASAP after the rape. Ditto when her daughter warned about the son. She just wasn't consistent.

Now I know many mothers willingly expose their children to monsters while hoping for the best. Shelia knew Ken was not trustworthy. I once thought mothers would not expose their daughters to such potential abuse. I served on a special grand jury for about a year (1 day every other week). We heard about 80 cases involving children. In only one did the mother do the right thing. In about 10, the mother lost custody because she still stayed with the molester! However, Shelia did not fit the profile of that type of mother.

You also ignored the "golden rule" in this story, that is: those who have the gold make the rules. With his resources, no agency could afford not to take the daughter's claims seriously. He would have hired Shrinks to testify that it actually occurred. Furthermore, it was not an either/or case. The safest and most fair course of action was to immediately order supervised visitation. A judge would have gladly done so. Many forget that most judges are elected. Can you imagine the outcry against this judge, especially after he was vindicated?

My last comment: His confrontation with Ken in jail was contrived and stupid. Yeah, he was offering an olive branch even after he had him by the balls? Am I supposed to believe that all would have been forgiven if Ken had agreed not to see Shelia again? You could have worked the rape in another, more believable way.

Thanks again. I wish I could write half as well as you now do!

-Ttom

xtremeddxtremeddalmost 14 years ago
Holy Moly Batman, That was a great story! This was a work of fiction, was it not?

Slirpuff,

Now let me see here.... this was a work of fiction right? You were paid, readers paid to read YOUR written work right? Okay so if your story says Steve jumped off of an eighty-foot cliff, landed on his feet and then He climbed back up to his Pinto. No one would believe it, right?

(The Pinto)

Slirpuff, it was your story, it was an interesting plot. No Lawyers were injured in it. Laws, hearts and vows may have broken but story remains yours and it was great. Had a great time reading it and hope you had fun writing it. Oh, I think you misplaid a word but I could red it OK.

Best wishes & thanks for writing and sharing on Lit.

F-K Grade Level 3.5. For you anonymous morons out there

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
'About two and a half months after I was back home...'

she came into my bedroom and gave me a creampie

0649d0649dover 13 years ago
Steve did UNINTENTIONALLY push his wife away

BUT the rest is HER fault.

Slirpuff, first of all let me congratulate you on what is essentially a good story! I thought you were going to make it a story of a gold-digger =/ haha!

He unintentionally pushed her away by making her go and sleep in the spare bedroom. Whichever spouse moves to the spare bedroom is not a good thing in a relationship. Slirpuff's message clearly is that couples need to talk before things get out of hand.

Steve does have a slight mental problem. Ok, don't see the words "mental problem" and jump to the worst - it can be dealt with simply by talking. He simply over-reacts sometimes. In most cases he is NOT wrong, but he doesn't react with FINESSE.

He did NOT push his wife away otherwise. She should have been there when he was recovering from depression, but instead she gave him no slack. She even blamed him for the OSHA inspections leading to him devoting less time to her. Hell, people saying he was a workaholic in their comments are stupid. Clearly he knows how to take a break and would do so if possible! Unfortunately the business belongs to HIM, and he is responsible for it. It's not like he worked for someone else and overtime work hours were optional!

He was a loving husband but his ex-wife was a greedy bitch who wanted him to prove his love by spending more than $1000 extra on a stupid charity tour prize, and then went on to disrespect his wishes and insecurities! He was not wrong about Ken, because it's a male instinct to realise who might be a woman chaser! Hell, his subconscious mind was telling him that Ken was after his ex-wife!

There's a reason why some religions don't like mixing of men and women - and it's exactly to protect against that. In any case, religion or no religion, the wisdom is that married men and women should not be alone with another person especially of opposite sex that they're not married to. That means being emotionally engaged or physically engaged. Emotions lead to physical. It's a big no-no. If you want to pour your heart out to someone you're not married to, about your spouse, do it with someone you're not likely to have sex with. It's also best not to stay overnight, so no business trips with the opposite sex if it's only just the 2 of you. How many stories do you hear ending in disaster because of emotional outpouring or overnight sleeping between people where at least one is married and neither are married to each other? The important thing is you have to always keep your spouse in mind and not get into emotionally dangerous situations.

Anyway, Steve did not treat his wife like a slave. She was just ungrateful. She is essentially a good person but she is also a bit selfish and self-absorbed, and it is fatalistic in her case. She should have realised how her ex-husband was feeling and she should have erred on the side of caution with her daughter! She wanted to be civil with Ken and her ex-husband for the SAKE OF THE CHILDREN. What?! Otherwise she did love them both but she slipped and fell a long way. Sometimes it is just fate or destiny or kismet or whatever you want to call it... and sometimes you cannot fight it :(

The only surreal things I see is the issue of habeas corpus (the right to protest against unfair prisonment) and that the daughter was not protected by the justice system. BUT this DOES happen!! It's down to crazy judges! H. Beatty Chadwick was jailed for FOURTEEN YEARS - that's 14 YEARS! Over what? Alimony! Don't even get me started on child protection - they often get it wrong; just type in ' Baby P Peter Connelly ' on Google. Research these names. The social services, medical profession AND the justice system let down the baby!

BobNob and pistol pack in pete, you two make some irrelevant or unsubstantiated points in this case but I don't hold it against you :) I just don't agree that the ex-wife was treated like a slave or chattel because the ex-husband was an arse-hole :S

HarryinVA and some other commenters I cannot name all (some anonymous) I like your comments :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
A good story by a remarkable author!

A true master of the pen and human interactions.

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 13 years ago
Nicely done. Thank you.

Keep up the good work.

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 13 years ago
Well Done.

I liked htat the focus was on saving his daughter, the wife was lost already.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
'steps out of the ass-lickers' line'

Most of this trash made no sense to reasonable readers. Placing his daughter's care and well-being back into the hands of the slut who endangered her is criminal on his part. Allowing her back into the house for the daughters benefit is tantamount to allowing Ken to live there. Hell, why not just allow Ken's son to move in.

My friend had a pit bull, everyone loved that dog. After years of being great with the family it bit a child. Was the dog allowed around the children after that? Of course not, it was put down even though everyone loved it and cried when it was euthanized. Keeping proven dangers away from your children is one of the defining characteristics of being a good parent.

Therefore, him going to jail to protect his daughter from the wife then allowing the wife back into the home to care for the daughter is a logical break that cannot be overcome within the parameters of this story. Stories cannot have such insurmountable logic breaks unless they are listed in SciFi/Fantasy.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 13 years ago
WOW what comments - many heat

Slirpuff you hit a nerve with many readers on this one! I can't remember when i have read so many comments going over in such details - especially so heated on interpretations of what sections of the story meant and showed (asshole or not, control freak, slave master....?)! Over all I liked the story. Well written and very like able. Of course I know its FICTION created from the authors mind for ENTERTAINMENT and readers ENJOYMENT! So mission accomplished.

I agree with several other comments your writing has improved. Since I don't know how to give half points I just clicked the 5 star because I enjoyed the story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Thanks

Great read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
SHOULD OF KILLED THE FUCKER!!!

He has all that money should have hired someone to kill Ken and his son.

likegoodwinelikegoodwinealmost 13 years ago
Yeah!

Another good story. After 3 months, I finally read all your stories. The only bad thing is that I had to write off some ideas I had because you already wrote something similar, and better than I would ever be able to do myself. I will look forward for your other stories.

sojomansojomanalmost 13 years ago
Thanks ...

That was one of your best stories. Very realistic and well written.

For once Steve Moore was a decent human being and I liked him :) Felt his sadness when he lost his mother, wouldn't have expected less from him when his daughter was in harm's way, and appreciated his generosity towards his ex-wife. Retribution was just and well delivered. I can't find a flow in your story.

The only comment I'd like to make is that his ex-wife was right, they should have had that conversation a long time ago.

YamiBoyYamiBoyover 12 years ago
^__^

A very good read. Thanks a lot! ^__^

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
Am I missing something?

His wife had been friendly with Ken for months...then when her husband has a breakdown, she gets to be 'good friends' with him....when her husband finds out that she has all but virutally 'moved on' and asks her to make a choice

She breaks that promise. She is CALLED on that promise multiple times so she knows her husband isn't cool with this.

She lies to her husband about seeing him. When she is discovered (and recall her reaction when he braces her with that. 'Gut punched' I believe Slirpuff said, which indicates that she damned well KNOWS how hubby will take this) she starts THROWING the trips in his face. No contrition. No 'let's talk' "I'm going to a hotel with a brazen cock who is happy to be with me. Deal with it".

But Steve is the bad guy?

Now, granted, Slirpuff...dude...She went to his work DEMANDING he comes home! That is not the trait of a woman who has 'moved on' so there is a bit of confusion in the wife. You needed to explain that a bit more clearly.

I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Good Story

Might be some spoiler in here.

I really enjoyed the story. I sort of agree with the person that said he should of killed the SOB (Ken). Stripping him of everything and him ending up in jail is good but not as satisfying as chopping him up into little pieces. The ex-wife, I am not sure which way I would of preferred, getting back together or her kicked totally to the curb and not somewhere in the middle as how it ended. I don't think I could be that forgiving and nice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Slirpuff fucked this BS up

You spent months in jail, because of a cheating whore that put your kid at risk and you let the slut back in your house. What a fucking wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
i gave it two stars...

...I was very dissatisfied with this story for all the reasons FD45 wrote about and more what Sheila pulled with Ken was bad enough to call for the maximum penalty but failing to protect her daughter when all the signs were there. That is crack whore behavior. I can’t believe Steve and Sheila would act this way. I can’t believe any thinking person would. the second star was for your writting ability. Good author lousey story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
NOTHING SUPER ABOUT HIM

I LIKED THE STORY BUT LEAVING THE WIFE BACK INTO THE HOUSE? HE LIVED THERE WITH HIS DAUGHTER; WITHOUT THE WIFE; WHAT WAS THE NEED TO HAVE THE WIFE BACK. WHY WOULD HIS DAUGHTER CARE; SHE COMPLAINED TO HIS WIFE ABOUT THE KID COMING INTO HER ROOM AND THE WIFE DID NOT BELIEVE HER.

JUST MY THOUGHTS

NEANDERTHAL

bigguy323bigguy323over 11 years ago
You had a 5 star story going until near the end. The limp reconciliation destroyed the story.

Just because they didn't get remarried doesn't change the fact that they are living and fucking together.

I don't get why you do these endings. A cheating slut never should win.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good Ending!

From personal experience, I know that putting up with a fucked up wife is sometimes the best option for your children. If you really love your kids, you know that their mother will always be their mother. Even if they themselves are not that happy with her. I admit that my case is nowhere as extreme as Steve's case, but I would do the same thing he did, once she was neutralized. Additionally, her living with him as a roommate with benefits is a constant reminder of what she lost. Perhaps that is the worst revenge, she could suffer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A tale of a sad, nairve, head strong, idiot

Shelia is a study in a wife falling for a sexual predator's bull shit and putting herself in a position in his hotel room where he was able to drug her. Plus after her divorce she moved in with the asshole and was repeatadly drugged again. Because she had an ultra strong exhusband who completely ruins her live-in lover;s life, she finds out via tape of her lover's admission of what he did to her to cause the destruction of her marriage. Personally I find it sad that the two leading characters cannot remarry, but at the same time I can easily believe what they cannot.

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 11 years ago
GOOD GOD!

Damn, this was a really good story. Until the last page, and then you threw it in the shitter! So I guess now they can all ride off into the sunset.

jackfrostedjackfrostedabout 11 years ago
unbelievable!

simply cannot grasp the neanderthal logic of the BTB/Taliban crowd. Nothing less than public stoning or death by cat o nine tails will suffice. These folks need help. IMO

SP a very good story, well written, but sad. As stated, no remarriage, but she deserves a change to redeem her life with tough lesson learned.

Thanks Jack

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Radical BTB

Some of the radical btb’ers are real psychos. I can just see them dribbling and drooling, looking for that perfect stone and ready to come in their pants over throwing the first rock. Any form of less than total destruction for everyone and everything around them gets the "you're a cuck" or RACC or some such mentally challenged insult.

I went through a rough divorce with a cheating wife. You know what? I cut my losses as much as possible and went on with my life. I'm not about to sit there and fester in a prurient pot of hate for a woman that didn't want me or respect me. The opposite of love isn't hate; it's indifference. Hating someone simply gives them the opportunity to make your life even more miserable than it already is.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

well the cuckies are out screaming for cream pies. this was actually pretty bland for a BTB story. want to really cry, read "they deserve to be punished" by me and cry your little eyes out cuckie.

imhaplessimhaplessabout 11 years ago
Captures your attention

The main character is an asshole but so what; that's not what stories should be judged on, at least that's not what I judge them on. This story captured my interest and was original so in my humble opinion definitely worth a 5.

FD45FD45almost 11 years ago
Here is one redeeming thread to a Slirpuff story

(and no, it is not the editing)

Slirpuff is unafraid to make his men flawed. We don't (apologies) wind up with these incredibly perfect 'Nice Guys' ala Matt Moreau and Stangstar, who when the bridge is out, walk on water.

No, these men can be workaholics, stressed, overreact and generally act like an ass.

Now...it's hard for me to say that about THIS story because the guy seems superpowerful here and is not particularly flawed. However, there is always a back and forth dynamic which I find refreshing compared to the Navy SEALS we normally read about.

Now...anything less than this sterling perfection is 'being an asshole'. I did not find much to dislike about Steve though he was a bit emotionally distant at the best of times and was self confessed arrogant. BUT...Sheila KNEW all of this before SHE married him! It is what she chose. She knew the business, she knew his character, she knew his attachment to his family...and she married him anyway!

Unlike his character flaws, hers remained hidden until Ken came along. Her lack of character was telling. Still, she was not irredeemable. She DID fight for her marriage...except that she put her family on the back burner for kids who weren't even hers. At least that is how she rationalized it to herself.

Unlike a lot of the BTB crowd, I was not terribly offended by the ending. Half a wince on the FD45 scale. He made it pretty clear he was indifferent to her...and she was clingy to him.

I can live with that sort of ending. But I hope he meets someone nicer.

phil2213phil2213almost 11 years ago
Very controversial story with a mother allowing great risk to her child.

Infidelity can be explained out in this story trust and betrayals at multiple levels were off the map. The ending was abrupt.

theanalisttheanalistover 10 years ago
nice one

she .doesn't deserve to be burned as she was was date raped which lead to the divorce. But the divorce was necessary as he had already warned her about ken. But choosing ken over her daughters safety made her pathetic. In the she got what was coming to her. Wish he got someone to spend his life with who deserves it.

x_witless_xx_witless_xover 10 years ago
A comment from cantgetany "this was actually pretty bland for a BTB story. want to really cry, read "they deserve to be punished" by me and cry your little eyes out cuckie.

Sad little man. Sad small beaten cuck of a man - living out his fantasies on Lit. Small life no life of a turd of a human being. Never read a single fucking thing that he's vomited onto Literotica that has merit in the real world.

Already commented on the story.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
55%

@ x_witless_x

1. That man, who got the divorce document that man is not cuck from the freedom certificate date. You can say in the past he was this that, but today he is not cuck.......... From the cuck name a husband can get rid of by divorce or the death of the wife.

2. Accord to the sociological surveys the 55% of the wives have minimum one extramarital affair in the Western Culture. So I am curiouse your wife was checked with the local PI office, Secret Service or special eunuch body guard you are sure she is among the 45%.................

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilover 10 years ago
Not very satisfying

I didn't like this one much. I confess that I know nothing about drugs but ken said he was continuing to dose her. Is it really fair to blame her for for having her mind chemically messed with? Even the thing about not protecting her daughter, what do we know about that? Linda could well have been drugged to to make her seem less believable.

Without knowing more about what ken did to them, the only thing we know is that when she was having trouble in her marriage, she looked to an outside 'friend' instead of her spouse and broke her promise to avoid him as well. Not the best or smartest behavior.

monkcalmmonkcalmover 10 years ago
ehhh

kinda like eating a stale sandwich you know what is was supposed to be but now its just tasteless, no emotions in Steve and once again the pro feminist attitude is through out the story no real sorry, no regret, no remorse in the writing, a strong plot but a weak follow through, slirpuff seems to like this in the stories in reconciliation tales they loose air instead of a bang.

HardYakkaHardYakkaover 10 years ago
@Duna

You are seriously disturbed individual. When will you and your mates realise that this is not an internet forum, it's a sex stories site where people post their stories. If you don't freaking like them, don't read them. Simple. Slirpuff is a pretty good writer and instead of giving opinion on his writing, you debate the percentage of women who cheat. You need some professional help.

On story, it's in line with most Slirpuff's stories, unforgiving hubby and straying woman faces consequences. I respect that. I kinda like the fact that it almost always, the main character's name is Stephen Moore. Usual 5* :)

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
To get rid of cuckold term.............

@HardYakka

1. If you look at my favorits you will find Slirpuff as Author among my favorit Authors.

2. I do not like the offenders, mainly those offenders who injure such people who do not deserve this. Because those people who are not married those people are not cuckolds at all. Batchelors, Divorced and Widowers are not cuckolds!!!!!!!!!!!

3. All husbands whose wives have extramarital love those husbands are cuckolds. Because the statistic data show the 55% of the wives (ex wives) have/had minimum 1 extramarital affair in lifetime, so in the modern time the absolute faithful wives are the MINORITY!!!!!!!!!!!! However TO GET RID OF THE CUCKOLD TERM WITH DIVORCE AND WIFE DEATH POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!! Somebody who injures such people who do not live together cheating wives, I think those people who like other people to humilitate...............and this type people would join to be Nazi Deadcamp guard, Stalini Workingcamp guard and Cambodian Red Khmer Workingcamp guard (and to eat fresh human liver as the Cambodian Workingcamp guards ate!!) VOLUNTARY!!!!

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago

@Duna.

Give it a fuckin' rest, man! Jesus! Stop turning Authors' comments sections into a fuckin' forum, for Christ's sake! None of us need YOU here to try and explain what we're writing when we can do that ourselves! Besides, you REALLY need a translation program that can accurately translate syntax as well as grammar. Then maybe we'd be able to understand what you're writing!

@Slirpuff.

Apologies for putting this here, but I think a lot of us have had it with Duna. This tale was well worth the 5 Stars I gave it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

self cuck fuck no 1/5

ifeanyiifeanyiabout 10 years ago
Good Advice

Anything can happen when you let your guard down

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 10 years ago
I read this one before and might have commented.

I really like this story but I wish that he had Ken beat up at least once. Of course he did the right thing. It turned out about as well as it could have. Thank you for writing this good story. He could never trust his ex-wife, she made her choices to go against him, the drugging that led to sex was all her responsibility if not her actual fault. Then to not believe her daughter, unforgivable. She deserves to be miserable although not enough to depress her so much she could not do right by her daughter having been given this second chance.

TheNextGuyTheNextGuyabout 10 years ago

Not a bad case of revenge, but Ken was really asking for it!

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
I'm A Little Torn

On the negative side, Sheila agreed not to have any contact with Ken, went back on that agreement even after Steve made it clear that she couldn't.

On the positive side, she didn't exactly CHOOSE Ken, he drugged her and then Steve threw her out, she really had not much of a choice at that point.

When he first noticed how Ken's wife was acting he probably should have contacted her, got some intel on him. Assuming he sticks to his guns and doesn't take Sheila back she might be a good catch for him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
flawed story

I thought this was probably the most ill conveived Slirpuff story I've read

was this before drinking was a no-no for a pregnant gal?

in reference to the shower scene: talk about blind dates!

isn't an associate degree a 2 year thing = how come she's halfway thru with 3 semesters to go

stupid ending. Why let her stay in the house strictly for the daughter. Visitation rights would have done that and allowed them to move on with their lives.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Further Thoughts

Ken couldn't have drugged her if she had stayed away from him like she PROMISED to do!

And when her daughter told her what happened, she should have believed her and agreed to no sleepovers at Ken's.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Linda's Story

I find it hard to believe that if Linda told the court that she didn't want to stay at Ken's because of what David did, that they would make her go, even if they had no proof of what David did. Lack of proof might save him from prosecution, but her statement should be enough to spare her further visits.

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
At last

So Steve, at long last I 've managed to read all your stories. This one just didn't do anything for me & I struggled to read it in one sitting. A low 2 **

So how do I rate this author overall. Well, he did improve over the years but still had those annoying basic errors throughout all his tales; his strong point was he had a great talent in coming up with good plots, but for me he usually didn't develop them to the highest level. The other great struggle I had was his fetish in naming his hero STEVE MOORE in the vast majority of his stories, that's just lazy & a slap in the face for his readers.

The worst thing about this is that I truly believe he does have the talent to be a very good writer, but due to him never greatly improving his basic writing skills or developing really good characters he has consigned himself to being just an average author on this site. I know many other commenters really like his style & that's ok, this is just my opinion. My overall score on Slirpuff for all his tales 3 stars.

user110user110over 9 years ago
seems to me that cucky is a weak minded dick too

with mommy issues

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK OR THOUGHT

the stiff Penis knows no conscious. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
While I'm happy Steve stuck to his guns...

as far as Linda was concerned, he was really an unlikeable guy. Not much of a people person and generally not a nice guy. While it was an okay read for most of it the people in it seemed mechanical. Do A, then do B and C will happen. No emotion.

Maybe next time.

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
Wife was wrongheaded

on the whole thing. If your spouse is uncomfortable with you being around someone, that is both of your problems and should be important to both of you. This "I have a right to be with whoever I want to, you don't own me" attitude is a recipe for disaster in a marriage. I have seen it in real life and it almost always comes back to bite you both in the ass. Unfortunately, the woman I saw this the closest with still doesn't understand what the problem is and her husband is at a complete loss as to what to do about her attitude. I suspect that they will end up separated if it continues to be a problem and I don't see it changing. Too bad, they are a great couple and she is normally very smart, but not in this instance. Luckily no kids involved. Also, until I saw their interaction, I wouldn't have believed that someone would be so hateful to someone that they claim to love. Hateful and vindictive and she doesn't care where she unloads on him. Haven't talked to them in a while, so they may already be divorced or her dead.

Story not so farfetched, just sad.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 9 years ago
a slirpuff original

not really, it the norm. The husband is fucked and the wife rides off into the sunset. 1st, I won't let my ex see my child again. 2nd. why would I give a damn about what she wants. 3rd do you think I would let her live with me. 4th, I would never fuck a AIDs infested whore. But as always it a 1st degree RAAC/WACC.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 9 years ago
Loved it

five stars. Very well done. One of your best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
What the fuck is wrong with you?

Why would anyone give an ex-wife like her access to a child?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous