All Comments on 'Your Mother Should Know'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 196 Comments
Kanga40Kanga40over 18 years ago
Loved it!

You're back in business.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Thanks

Another good one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
GOOD

JUST SIMPLY SUPERB

Blue88Blue88over 18 years ago
Outstandingb

as usual - enough said.

romaq7705romaq7705over 18 years ago
perfect!

people, hdk is back!! short, sweet, direct to the point. reminds me of dortorwyldcard's "standoff". no chapter2's pls.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Beautiful job

She didn't know what hit her. Now if I could just do that to my husband...lol.

capecodmercurycapecodmercuryover 18 years ago
Once again the master

HDK, once again you showd us that you are the master of revenge. Very nicely written and loads of fun.

PAPATOADPAPATOADover 18 years ago
Good Read

Enjoyed this short romp. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to your next. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Loved it too!!!

WOW!

That was REALLY well written

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
Well done

Very good, Now I know why your stories are one of my favorite. Very well written, need no second part, Brandy what a dumb women..... loved the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
When your're fucked, you're fucked!

And she was well and truly fucked!

Great job! Just one question - did you buy a new vacuum cleaner?

thatawaythatawayover 18 years ago
Your Very Best, Yet!

Damn Paybacks are Hell. This one is a homerun. Loved it, your imagination had to be in overdrive. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I had to stop reading.

For a while when I hit your "It was just golf, nothing personal" line. I started laughing so hard my eyes teared up to much to read the screen for a while.

wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
My, my, my,

just one little trip to the woodshed, and to think, some people don’t believe in corporal punishment. Alright Blue88, your turn. A fantastic story and a fan always.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
A good one

A great story. It could be called 'A Lesson Learned' I think.

There are lies and then, there are lies.

I was sure something was up when he quit paying attention to her orders. And he never even let the promotion dinner cross his mind!! Would have loved to have known HOW he knew, though.

Too bad. 24 years down the drain.

Where does the title come into play?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Yes

Another good 1. ****

cloacascloacasover 18 years ago
Nice short story

Good conception, well executed. Reads like it was fun to write.

EffectEffectover 18 years ago
Right to the point

Great story HDK. Thing is she never had enough sense to ever pick up on exactly what he was saying to her or even seem concerned about.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Good Story

Nice lean story. Stan didn't come off too wellat the beginning but everything made sense at the end.

playingcardcompany

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great story

I know you were trying to tie the empty chair at the banquet and the empty recliner together, but I think you could have used a stronger metaphor there--it did not have the punch the TV did, or the fact of his using her actions against her. As in most cases, she did not realize what he was doing. Most liers believe others lie as well.

I loved the line of her suffering because of the names her father called her. As if that momentary embaresment would make up for all she had done. People like her expect a bandaid to fix a sucking-chest wound.

Good job--tight, clean, well plotted

JimDinMN

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
lol

another great story

patricia51patricia51over 18 years ago
I knew where you were going.

And it didn't spoil a thing. I was grinning by the time he got home from the golf game. I was laughing after the TV arguement. And when she came home spouting the same things he had already said to her I was in hysterics. A wonderful story my friend.

Patti

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
much better than the second part to Michelle

but I kind of guess she was cheating on him, after he bought the big screen TV.

DoctorWyldcardDoctorWyldcardover 18 years ago
And another hit from the master

Short, sweet and gets all the things done.

wow

I loved the reversal and 'parodies' of the normal 'oh I am so sorry' excuses...

There is a saying about gettting enough rope and soething about hanging isn;t there?

Thanks HDK!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Excellent

I love the humorous bent in your stories. This is a good example of that. Keep up the good writing.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
What can i say that others haven't

AWESOME!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I can see why she cheated on him

He's an asshole who didn't give a fuck about her feelings at all. She's better off without him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Good On You

HDK:

Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Clever andfunny

Wrong category, obviously humor and satire. Also, no sex.

Aside from that it was very funny, if rather ham handed and obvious.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
GREAT ! ! !

She said she was sorry for her affair, but in reality she was sorry that she got caught. Well, she screwed herself to the top at work and she screwed herself to the bottom with her parents and her husband.

Risq_001Risq_001over 18 years ago
You know for me you run either hot or cold.....

... on your stories, and this story was "VERY" good. I laughed so hard I couldn't stand it.

Of course I figured it out about 50% of the way through the story, but that didn't keep me from enjoying it any less though. My god it was good.

Nice story!!

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 18 years ago
Concise and Funny!

Excellent! I'm still smiling, even though there is a sad element to the finale.

SalamisSalamisover 18 years ago
Bravo

I love the symetry of your stories!

FireFox59FireFox59over 18 years ago
Short Story Excellence

I don't even claim to be on the same level as patricia51 but I had you figured out early on in this one to. Don't matter though. Still enjoyed it.

Don1028Don1028over 18 years ago
He's a total ASS

She should send this creepy child back to his mommy until he becomes an adult.

studyingstudyingover 18 years ago
saw it coming but enjoyed it anyway

Keep writing. I always look for your stuff. The folks that zeroed you out just don't get it, calling Stan a jerk.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
On target!

I am amazed that you can write such a short but powerful story. You make the point so clear that it is not the number of years you are married it is how you treat each other. It is clear by the wife's behavior that the husband had loved and cherished her for years but she rewarded him with infidelity and disrespect.

I love forward to your next story.

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Thanks Author

I just read it again - you know how home made chilli and soup taste better the second day well some stories are that way.

You are enveloped in the flow and action trying to anticipate - you see it coming and it still feels good -perhaps even better the second time. That was some fine vittles my friend. Say couldja wouldja - another serving from your menu - soon please.

With Appreciation and with High Regard

noone269noone269over 18 years ago
Very funny...

and very well written HDK! I guessed the end when he came back from golf, but like Patti said it didn't spoil a thing! Keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Hah!

I just passed coffee through my nose. Classically funny!

RussHRussHover 18 years ago
Another top tale from HDK

As is usual, this was a fantastic story. Like Patti, I laughed all the way through.

See, sometimes you do write some good ones.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Not very good

I'm a big fan of yours, but this was not one of your better ones. Condescending, arrogant husband and unfaithful, bitchy wife. Not much to choose between the two. the Ct Yankee

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great story...What more is there to say

To anonymous in the real world, are you really that stupid. The husband obviously knew that his wife was cheating, thats why he was acting that way. The wife was a damn whore and the husband is better off without her.

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Very Clever

That was a wonderfully clever and well written story. I find myself constantly amazed by creative people. There is something awe inspiring about the product of a creative mind.

ChucknWNCChucknWNCover 18 years ago
What a Relief

I have e-mailed you before with positive comments. What a relief it is to read about cheating wives instead of only about cheating husbands/men; after all there has to be a wife/woman for the husbands/men to cheat with. I enjoy reading your stories written from the other perspective and look forward to each new submission. After so much publicity making men look like scum it is refreshing to show women can be just as bad. Thanks so much for you submissins; please continue to share your writing skills with us.

Chuck

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Turnabout

You have a gift with wirds. You madw the turn about very evident and justified. There is no doubt as to the logic used in this plot. Another "Well done!".

Thank you for sharing this with us

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Good laugh for my last read in literotica

Kind of like "18 holes of golf" (another story in Loving Wives) but better, I really got a laugh out of it.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 18 years ago
A TV. set as a parable!

As a parody on the cheating wives genre it is hilarious. The contrasted positioning of the husband: calm (on the outside) and scheming vs. his mindless wife: loud dumb and of course sluttish to the core, makes for great comic effects. Then we see the husband carefully drawing a parable to her sinful acts, only it’s a practical parable, in which actions and props are better than words. It also has a bonus (for the husband)- he gets to give his wife a prolonged punishment: First, the embarrassment of the banquet, then the huge T.V set. All this time she recites, chapter and verse, the words that he would soon quote back to her. It could only work of course in a comical parody mode, with a cartoonishly dumb wife to play her part, but as such, it made me roar with laughter!

The WandererThe Wandererover 18 years ago
KOLKORE you said it!

There's nothing more to be said

HDK please keep them cuming.

Sorry my spelling again, I mean Coming.

DC

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A gem

Sheer genius, applying all the tired clichés overused by cheating spouses, to another other form of transgression. It emphasizes out how ludicrous they really are. You'd think that authors would realize that they sound just as believable when used by the cheaters, but they still pop up in story after story.

And you have done your typically excellent job of weaving this flash of insight into a vastly entertaining story. Kudos.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
a nonny mouse

HDK, you amaze me. Your stories cover a wide range of topics, in a number of different ways, but they are always great. I can't offer anything except my continued thanks and the hope that you will keep it up.

shangoshangoover 18 years ago
Forget the "lip movers" comments!

They are the only ones who didn't enjoy this tale. I assumed the husband was tipped off by the other guy's wife to what was going on, and as a previous poster noted, you can tell by the wife's behavior that the lead had been a decent guy that had finally got punched in the mouth.

Great Read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
oh yeah

a little short but a superb ending, keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
You have a nice sardonic wit!

And it makes it very readable story.

Actually quite funny... I agree, this should be in Humor/Satire!

DJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
just great

WOW. i have to say im really impressed by your stories.

your wit does differentiate you from the other good authors here in LE.

zed0zed0almost 18 years ago
finally!

HDK has done it at last, a husband with a spine! The usual unique twist to dealing with a cheating spouse, a nice spot of revenge, and finally - at long last - a happy ending! (zed)

grizbearmtgrizbearmtover 17 years ago
BRAVO

Bravo!

Now that was an intelligently formulated and very witty story.

A revenge story beyond question, but that happens from time to time doesn’t it?

Still, there was no murder and mayhem, no Hollywood dramatics, just simple and civil revenge.

Thank you for sharing it with us. You are indeed a master weaver of tales.

sexmatesexmateover 17 years ago
Salavie, k-sara sara

Just deserts!

Good one HDK!

Thanks for writing!

Sexmate

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
That aboy stan

I hope there is a chapter 2 stan is great

Atlanta,Ga

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
What A GREAT Story!!!!!

This HAS to be the BEST story I have yet read in the whole damned site!! The buildup was out-fucking-rageous!! And the way he dropped the dime on his cheating slut wi- no! BITCH!!! Bitch! That's what she was!! A no-good two-timing cheap-assed bitch from Kutztown, PA!! And THAT! Is a state in which bitches abound!!! This strikes me as a tru-life story! And if it is, I want to know the docket number so I can read the whole brief!

God Bless America!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Always throw out the trash!

She was worse than trash, she fucked for work with her boss, she was a whore and prostitute and she will always be able to find work.

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
Scintillating

Somehow I missed commenting on this one the first time I read it. Fast-paced, snappy read with superb wit that make me chuckle more than once. I loved the true-to-life realism of the hubby using a boy's toy in the form of a TV to teach the wife a lesson. Well done, HDK, as usual.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Just awesome!

Incredible writing. I'm glad I didn't miss this.

shangoshangoabout 16 years ago
I shouldn't give you a 100

But I will! But no more hatin' on Norm, ya hear?

PhilipinNorcalPhilipinNorcalabout 16 years ago
One I missed

You have a droll sense of humor, sir. And biting one as well, as the shrewish wife of your story would certainly give testament. An entertaining and humorous read. Nicely done, HDK. Nicely done.

MichaelphyteMichaelphytealmost 16 years ago
for all your stories to this date

Found your stories from authers' favorites list, just finished reading them. Hadn't read many LW stories before; your's rated about 4.7 from me (I think), Thank you for enjoyable hours of humor, wit, and perspective on this theme.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Kick Ass

Great story..... simply amazing!!! and very funny too. especially when she was speachless and there was foam and spit on her mouth....i actually laughed out loud!

bruce22bruce22almost 16 years ago
Incredible structure

Really a beautiful piece of work. This must be third time through but apparently I never expressed my opionion before.

The story produces several echoes from golf, TV and their home life. She really is not very good at reading him. They must have had a communication problem that caused the affair...

DSLAYERDSLAYERover 15 years ago
She got what she asked for!!!

The only thing that would have been better is to throw her shit in the yard! Trust me they get really pissed when you do!!!...lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
the cliche

she loved stan, just a fling with her boss? no, that empty chair for him will no longer be occupied by her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
ONE OF THE BEST

One of the best stories I have read here lately. It was fun to read. It was well thought and even better written. Definitely, a story worth reading. Thanks for sharing it with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
good !

how dense is the woman? chrles (was) in charge, now their lives have been changed. so much for her attitude.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Loved it.

Now that is a COOL GUY.

MarvinSMarvinSabout 13 years ago
Done!

Now I have read the Harddaysknight stories (in alphabetical order). Please write some more. I liked most of them.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 13 years ago
Priceless

No big surprises after the first tirade by the wife about his responses to her indignation when he failed to show up - I loved how he used all of the classic phrases.

You did a great job - thanks

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Soooo well done

The setup for the denouement was just about perfect. Thanks!

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
I favorited this one

I think that's nuff said.

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 12 years ago
HaHaHa

A very nice twist using the same cliches. The use and reuse of them for the two situations...masterful.

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
I Love Short Stories!!!!!!!!!!

This is one great piece of writing. Thanks for sharing.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago
5 stars

Like in the most Papatoad's stories, the children go away (above 18 years) and payback is excellent.

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 12 years ago
Wow, I don't know how I missed this one.

I loved how he demonstrated the lies and disrespect to his wife before he lowered the boom. Great story. Thank You.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
GONNA TELL YOU MOM GONNA TELL YOUR PA

now they ship you back to where you belong. TK U MLJ LV NV

DawnzoDawnzoover 12 years ago
5 Stars!!

Great story:)

daveftworthdaveftworthover 12 years ago
Great story

I enjoyed that she didn't get his comments until she was caught in the act. Amazing on how selfish some can be.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Thanks, HDK

I've just finished re-reading all of your stories, again, and wanted to thank you for many hours of enjoyment. I love your work.

Again, Thanks

tom anon

TheEndBeginsTheEndBeginsabout 12 years ago

The line about Norm always cracks me up. Perfect sarcastic response!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
As usual good story

Always love it when the cheating spouse says "I didn't mean for you to find out. I never wanted to hurt you". Now back to reality almost always adultery is discovered int this case it was by the cheated on spouse quite independently. Plus of course the cheater does not want their spouse to find out whether they themselves are a slut or a pussyhound. The fenale star in this lustful tale acts incredibily selfish and maybe even more than that incredibily stupid. How long did she think she could make up Saturday work days when no overtime showed up on checks and no promotion came of it even though she promised that was it's purpose ? I entirely agree with the the actions of our male star to catch her in the act in front of family witnesses and then more importantly to quickly kick her out of his life.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Excellent

That's what happens when you cheat on your spouse. You're out the door.

HA Ha ha

sugnasugnaover 11 years ago
No Other Way

There is no other outcome. Staying in a relationship with a sneak, cheat, spy, liar is a foolish idea. She cannot be trusted with your emotional and physical well-being. A wife like that poses a serious threat to a husband's survival.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
always kicking the cheating wife out the door .. not in the u.s.a

we have courts and divorces, so i donot get how all those authors write these stories . when in fact you cannot kick your wife out without a settlement or a divorce or a mutual agreement.. whAT COUNTRY DOES THIS STORY REPRESENT.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3about 11 years ago
Why is it

that all the women log in as anonymous. We CAN toss a cheating cunt out of the house. We may get in trouble but we sure as fuck can. I threw my wife's shit out in the yard and turned on the sprinkler. I got my hand smacked by the court but it was worth every god damned cent it cost and I would sure as fuck do it again even if it cost me five times as much. Real men don't hide behind anonymous.

JackorChuckJackorChuckabout 11 years ago
Out The Door

Dear female annonymous, I simply ordered my cheating bitch of a wife out the door after 27 years of marriage. She left but not before making a few quotes direct from the cheaters handbbok, such as, "It was only sex I, still love you" or "I never meant for you to find out".

blkhrtblkhrtabout 11 years ago
to femonymous

One straight question~ are you a cheating whore?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
always kicking the cheating wife out the door .. not in the u.s.a

The above title is a moron even from a female. But what else is new these days. Sluts get caught as mine did and I threw her ass out. She did not even get half of the stuff she was ordered to get in the divorce. So the above title written by a true whore and bitch has never been married or has been divorced 8-10 times. Either way just another slut who has ideas in dream worls

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Loved it

Short and sweet. Thanks for the entertaining tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
you get what you give...

I wasn't expecting the end, but good job! There's a moral to this story...which is obvious. The sad part is, where I'm from the law doesn't care about infidelity. He would be living in a van down by the river and Jody would enjoy that tv while having a sandwich on his sofa, scratching his dogs head after banging his soon to be ex...lol

JounarJounaralmost 11 years ago
5*

"I never understood why they had Norm on this show," I responded. "He isn't very funny."

So true, so very true.

Damm awesome story as well :)

FD45FD45almost 11 years ago
One problem

How could he possibly have fantasies of Shelly Long? One might as well have fantasies of Olive Oyl.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Damn HDK!

When you are on, you are simply the very best. This was a story where you are definitely ON!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

SIMILAR Stories