Seven Days Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
soular
soular
3,055 Followers

********************

Victoria zipped up her coat and said her goodbyes to a few of the waitresses before she walked out into the cold midday air. Although she was happy to be cutting her shift short, she still hadn't gotten used to being back. She could have easily stayed another week in Bali. Or month...year, whatever, it was the most magical place she had ever been. She also hadn't been looking forward to returning to work. She loved her co-workers, it was just that some of the regulars tended to get too rowdy, and some days she just didn't feel like dealing with that shit. But at least now that she was back at work, she could get her money in order again.

The cold air hit her face and her teeth began to chatter as she left Calamity's. She heard tires screech down the street just as her cell phone rang. Victoria reached into her bag, but couldn't find it. She still wasn't used to the damn thing. Finally, after a few more rings, she located it. She smiled when she noticed it was Nic's number, but before she could answer, the phone slipped from her fingers and fell to the ground between the curb and her car.

"Fuck," Victoria muttered, as she bent down behind the car to retrieve it. The moment her fingers connected with the hard, sleek plastic she heard the loudest noise and glass shattering behind her.

Victoria screamed as she covered her ears and wilted to the cold concrete. The glass from Calamity's windows sprinkled down near her, as the screeching from the tires faded away. For a moment all went quiet before she heard a series of shouting and screams. She couldn't tell if they were hers or someone else's.

She laid on the ground for what seemed like several minutes before she felt strong hands jerk her up from the ground.

"You hurt?" Miguel, one of the busboys asked in a thick accent, as he scanned up and down her body. "You hurt?" he asked again, with concerned eyes.

"I—I," Victoria didn't even know. She looked behind him to see some of the customers running out of the restaurant and Greg waving his hands wildly.

"Everyone calm down! The police are on their way now," Greg shouted, as he turned and looked in Victoria's direction. He quickly walked out of the restaurant, the glass on the street crunching beneath his feet as he made his way to her.

"Vicky! Are you alright? Are you hurt?" he shot out rapidly, as he inspected her, turning her around before looking back into her eyes.

"I--I think I'm o--okay," Victoria squeaked out, but she was anything but. It finally just registered in her brain what happened. The loud firecracker noise, the glass shattering and screeching tires. Someone had shot at them. Someone had actually used bullets and shot at them! Victoria felt dizzy from that realization. She swooned for a second before Greg caught her.

"Whoa, come back inside and sit down," Greg said, directing them to the entrance. "I can't believe this just happened. I can't believe this just fucking happened," he said, as he sat her down at one of the tables. Tracy ran over to her and hugged her, crying and chanting "Oh my God," over and over.

Victoria heard her phone ringing again. She was still holding it in a death grip, but she couldn't find her purse. Probably still outside on the ground. She didn't even bother looking at the caller ID.

"Hello," she croaked out.

"There you are. What time do you think you'll be here?" she heard Nic ask.

"Uh, I don't know," she whispered.

"What do you mean you don't know? I thought you were going to leave early?" he asked.

"Nic, I—oh, God," Victoria said, right before she burst into tears. She heard the sirens and could see red and blue flashing out of the corner of her eye. Someone had tried to kill them! Someone had tried to hurt them.

"Victoria," she heard Nic say. His voice seemed different. Not as friendly as it had just a few seconds ago.

"Yes," she sniffed.

"What happened?" he asked her in a low, stern voice.

"Someone...someone shot at us," Victoria cried, sobbing even harder now that she admitted it out loud.

Silence.

She didn't know if he was even still on the phone. She couldn't hear him breathing or anything.

"Are you okay?" he finally asked, after a few moments. His voice sounded flat, a tone she had never heard before.

At first Victoria nodded her head to assure herself, but then whispered, "Yes, I think so."

"I'll be there in just a few minutes," he said before she heard the line go dead.

soular
soular
3,055 Followers