All Comments on 'A Christmas For Carol'

by Erotica_Writings

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
Nightowl22Nightowl22over 19 years ago
A sad story!

I think it is a very sad story.

Can't be a happy life for Brad, either.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Depressing!

Kinda depressing for a Christmas story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Very touching, a real tear jerker

I cried, I wanted to kill Brad. Wow how sad and its really shows what many spouces suffers from the hands of another who is abusive and controlling

My Erotic TailMy Erotic Tailover 19 years ago
Endearing~

Wow, touchings been metioned but thats what comes to mind about this story, moving and grasping the heart!

Erotica writings you have written a wonderful tale

Happy Holidays and good luck

dreampilot79dreampilot79over 19 years ago
Can't dry my tears

Damn Erotic, it's a conspiricy to keep me from writing!.. How can I think naughty when I'm too busy crying? Excellent work...KUDO's

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Please find yourself an editor.

How can anyone enjoy a story that's so mashed together because there's no punctuation? To rate this story so high when the structure is so poor, taking away any emotional impact the story could have, is pointless. It's not fair to those writers who do put the effort in for the sake of their readers, and it isn't fair to the author of the story to not point out flaws as serious as that.

LadyCibelleLadyCibelleover 19 years ago
Find an editor????????

Oh please Mr or Ms Anonymous...please tell us all that you are an editor and you could and WOULD do a good job at FUCKING up a perfectly good story!!!!

Sure there were a few MINOR mistakes here and there but definitely NOTHING to deserve that kind of put down from you. I am an editor, been editing more than 150 stories so far and I can tell you that this isn't a story I'd be complaining about to the writer.

To the writer: Please don't let assholes put down your creative mind. You have a perfectly nice story here, it's well written and you can feel the emotions of your character through and through. Just like everybody else said, your story brought tear to my eyes and it's good enough to make me say that you have nothing to worry about.

sacksackover 19 years ago
an offbeat but effective story....

Quite effective in its own way, possibly editing would improve the sentence structure but the emotional content is what counts! Keep on writing!

brightlyiburnbrightlyiburnover 19 years ago
Honesty

Honesty is important when your goal is to be a writer. It isn't being mean to point out actual mistakes. In this case, the poor structure and lack of punctuation make the story very difficult to read. Punctuation is made for the express purpose of showing the emotions in a story, and if it isn't in the right places, the stories fall flat.

You should listen to what people say, especially in reference to the structure of your work. It isn't being an asshole to tell someone honestly that they need to put some work into a STRUCTURAL problem. And truthfully, this story is simply not long enough to comunicate the point it needs to.

You could ignore what "assholes" say, that's up to you. Or you could use it as a motivation to improve.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
comunicate?

Maybe the previous critic meant communicate. Who knows? It was a good story. Not flawless, but then again most of us aren't.

LadyCibelleLadyCibelleover 19 years ago
Some more comments

To Ms Brightlyiburn: Honesty is one thing and I totally agree with you; it isn't mean to point out actual mistakes when it's meant to help the writer, (I should know I do it often enough, just ask all the writers I work with), but it is mean when a person says that a story has no value whatsoever, (How can anyone enjoy a story that's so mashed together because there's no punctuation? To rate this story so high when the structure is so poor, taking away any emotional impact the story could have), just because of a few mistakes that don't take anything away from the story content or emotional impact. Hence my saying not to listen to "assholes".

I would never consider YOU an asshole as I read pretty much all your stories and I absolutely love them. So I can understand where you're coming from in saying that this story is too short to "communicate the point it needs to" as all your stories are long, very long...BUT that doesn't mean to say that a story that's short cannot have the same emotional impact as your long ones.

Furthermore, if you read me correctly I never said to ignore what PEOPLE said, just to ignore the ones who were mean and nasty enough to demolish a story just because of a few mistakes. Saying that someone needs an editor is one thing but saying that a story is total crap because of the aforementioned mistakes is a totally different thing and shouldn't be considered as constructive criticism.

hisemeraldhisemeraldover 19 years ago
Beautiful story!

To the writer: You did an amazing job of touching people with this story. Editing issues aside it is very well written. I enjoyed it, think it's the best content in the contest.

To the Anonymous dingbat: That was incredible vicious! Yes, there could've been better mechanical editing but nothing could've improved the impact or style of this story. I am an editor, have been for more than 10 years, and I have to say that there isn't a single change I would've made to the way this story is written, the way it flows or the plot. A few periods or commas missing does not destroy a story of this calibur!

Way to go Erotic Writings you did an awesome job!

Emerald

Erotica_WritingsErotica_Writingsover 19 years agoAuthor
Tis the Season to my Grinches

I just want to thank those who were in my defense, I also want to tell those who are too rude to understand anything about humanity if my writing style bothers you my advice is don not read it. I have come along way with my writing, and I will not let the likes of people like you who are so narrow minded to chase me off. Maybe my writing still has flaws, so do I as well as you. To any new writer don't let ignorant people keep you from what you enjoy the most.

davidwattsdavidwattsover 19 years ago
I couldn't have said it better

I think the author summed up the critical clamor far better than I could, although she needs no defense.

I enjoy so much more the stories that are written with passion and emotion over the ones that are pounded out in cookie cutter fashion. I found your story very touching and you should be proud of it. Happy holidays.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Um, no.

Trite.

GoddessOfSoulsGoddessOfSoulsover 19 years ago
Thank You ~~Tears~~

Ew, Its very lucky for those of us who call you friend that your a fighter.. otherwise some of these ANONYMOUS COMMENTS would frighten off a lesser person.. while my own writing skills are poor, I like to think that everyone would see the content behind them.. In this case *sigh* you left me in tears.. I know that you write from your heart. I know of your work with those less fortunate then yourslef.. I applaude your works! all of them, written and humane.

Beautiful Story My Friend THANK YOU!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
hEARTWARMING!

I'm not sure what this story is doing on Literotica,but I thought it was a beautiful, heartwarming story. Congratulations! What a pleasant surprise, 60 year old George

angel4u2lust4angel4u2lust4over 19 years ago
Very touching

BRAVO BABY! Got any tissues?

coach_doncoach_donover 19 years ago
Don't listen to them (the assholes)

I agree that you should not listen to those that are too afraid of the repercussions to bother to join up or sign in when they leave hateful messages.

The most perfectly edited story is incomplete if they do not tell the perfect story. I, for one, perfer a complete heartfelt story over one that does nothing for my heart or mind.

I too was crying at the end and I will be reading more of your stories.

Keep it up.

Don

Whispering_Wolf57Whispering_Wolf57over 19 years ago
Listen to Coach Don

This story gives out the message you meant to give, it received the result you meant to receive. It made me tear up.

IcePrincess66IcePrincess66over 19 years ago
Wonderful

Thank You. I love reading your stories. I am looking forward to anything you write. Keep up the good work.

Dana GallagherDana Gallagherover 19 years ago
Crying... but it's all good!

As a mother of three, two of which are girls, this story hit the heartstrings. I know I'd do anything and everything for my children and I love how this story shows a mother's unconditional love, a love that continues on no matter the circumstances. It's good to cry, you can get horny any ole time, but to cry truly cleanses the soul! Thanks for a wonderful read, even after a few used tissues later!~~missygail

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
there isn't anything heart warming about this

you should be mad as hell for people doing another human being this bad.power and abuse isn't heart warming it sucks.tell me the hubby got punish with a stroke or lost both legs that heart warming.we as a american have become ok with this kind of action and say it ok.underdogs get step on and we say it ok.your story is a well written,but the plot was the pits.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
It is as heartwrenching now as the first time

This story aways leaves me in tears, it neither has to have sex nor a happy ending to be in Literotica. The readers that say every story has to have their own personal endings or wild sex have not read enough site stories to know all stories on this site are not hard sex, wild revenge or happiness. The emontional content of your story did not require anything extra to be so touching.

DarkAngel48DarkAngel48over 18 years ago
To its not heart warming

My sisters stories on this line is not meant to make you all warm inside its to open the eyes of adults who turn their heads to spousal and child abuse. Wake up America to many women, men and children are killed everyday or almost it seems by a loved one, spouse or parent...Report abuse for crying out loud!

crisscross2037crisscross2037almost 15 years ago
the kids the big losers

I loved this story you handeld it perfectly, It was very different but very good thank you.It really makes you stop and think about who really ends up being the loser.My sister lost her twin girls to a man who had friends in high places and the only reason he wants these girls is to get back at her for divorcing him because he was molesting her two boy's from a former marriage,the twins are now ten living without a woman in the home this is not right.who's going to teach them the things young girls need to know.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
ONE WHO NEVER GAVE UP

took it all and stood tall even at the very end, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
very good and emotional

Exclent story it literally made me cry it also made me think of those kind of pepole aound the holidays. an emonal story or one that evoks some kind of emonal responce is rear on this site.

Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

WOW, that was rough to read with a beautiful finish

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
commenting so many years later. I just read it.

I would have loved to know the background of the divorce. Was he a cheating mean guy who wanted to have lovers and keep her as a wife so that is why he said don't divorce me? Was he just abusive? Did she divorce him as she maybe had a lover and it didn't work out?

As for the girls, they knew she was always around but never made contact until she was dying? All those years wasted? Why?

tazz317tazz317over 4 years ago
WHAT EVER THE REASON FOR DIVORCE

it sure wasnt lack of loyalty and love for her strength carried them all. TK U MLJ LV NV

DocWordsDocWordsover 2 years ago

Beautiful story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thank you for a beautiful story. Nothing stronger than a mothers love. 5*****

chytownchytown11 months ago

***Thanks for the read.

FandeborisFandeboris6 months ago

Got me for 5. Can’t say anything but peace!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous