All Comments on 'A Very Unusual Couple'

by TexasFarmBoy

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitover 10 years ago
Good BUT

You write a good tale but for me there was just something "off" with this one. It doesn't resonate properly here. You have written about many a mans dream, two wives in love with him and each other but something is just slightly out of kilter in this tale. I think one of the problems I had with the story is the sneaky way Denise went about the promotion/move/finding another woman for him and man for her issue. The ending went quite a ways toward redeeming the story but somehow I just can't see this arrangement and the way they came to it working. Denise comes across as a scheming little Bitch to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

While, there are many great stories on Literotica, most of them tend to follow certain established formulas/plots/genre. However, you have written something that is not only very good but also quite unique. This submission is in a small but special group of stories that I'm very pleased when I discover, because they are indeed so different. Thanks for your efforts to entertain me and I look forward to your next story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Crap

Write no more.

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 10 years ago
Dissapointing

Sorry but the swapping/swinging does not sit well as Romance

john1946john1946over 10 years ago
Fun tale

But just not there........Understand poly, but what a weird way to get into it. Usually honesty works way better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Hard to accdpt

The story was difficult for me as I have been in a monagamus marriage for more than 50 years,and Ix I find adultery to be obnoxious'

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
Thoroughly enjoyed it

Was unsure to start with but loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
You would not

post in LW-definitely this isn't a romance.Scared to get a *1 score.You get a 1 anyhow.

TexasFarmBoyTexasFarmBoyover 10 years agoAuthor
I Appreciate the Comments

I appreciate all comments and I understand what various people say. First, I like to write a story; it is fantasy and they do tend to get long and involved. That is what I write. I have difficulty choosing a section to submit my work in. In my mind, this is a romance. I don't write about evil sadistic people but people discovering themselves and their relationships. That to me is romance. I'm not fond LW because readers there want a two page stroke story that they feel guilty about after reading it. However, I do appreciate your comments. I cherish those that like what I do and I try to learn from those who don't. Thank you.

dreaming_dailydreaming_dailyover 10 years ago
loved this story

And in my view it was posted in the right category because it is more of a romance story than a quick stroke story.

Thank you for writing this story. I gave it 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Cheating? Romance!

I liked the story, and agree that the category is correct. Been married for 40 years, and never cheated. I do not see this as cheating, as much as sharing love. In my young and foolish days (as opposed to old and foolish?) I thought I'd like to live In a commune. This story comes close to that fantasy. I was afraid though that there might be some sort of fatal disease. Nice that you didn't take the easy way out. Thanks for a good read!

fanfarefanfarealmost 10 years ago
my opinions

Tex, after reading through several of your stories I want to say how impressed I am with your writing style. It is clean and clear and distinctive to you as any short fiction can be. I even enjoy the sex scenes you write and I do not usually comment on those,. Let's face it erotica is always some variation on insert tab A into slot B. "To Infinity and Beyond!".

I agree this is a toss-up between choosing to designate as Romance or Erotic Couples or Group Sex. The editor/admins for the Literotica site have limited imaginations. So, I am usually willing to give the author the benefit of the doubt.

For those readers who have read any of the stories submitted by TexasFarmBoy, polyamoury is the foundation of all the stories to date, that I have read by him. Why would you continue to read something that you find so distasteful?

The way I see it, TFB's stories are adult entertaining Modern Urban Fairytales. With lots of wish fulfillment and happy coincidences that make for a pleasant reading experience. If you consider from that POV, just enjoy and then go on with the rest of modern living.

RasmatRasmatabout 9 years ago
Really enjoy your stories.

I've read most of your work so far and enjoyed it all very much.

I have to agree with others, though, that if you engaged the free service of one of the many volunteer editor/proofreaders on site, the stories would be just so much easier to read and thus even more enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Wow

I enjoyed this story. This is a fantasy and I don't have a problem with it.I have always dreamed of a threesome and this works for me.Irl this would never happen to me so I dig this. As long as know it is a fantasy.Good job TFB. Way to go.

bigtextruckerbigtextruckerover 8 years ago
Horrible

Even in fiction there has to be a realistic base. No one would allow their spouse to cheat because they "trusted them completely ." On top of that, there were no obstacles to overcome. It was like the town bullshitter telling someone about his weekend. There was no description or imagery at all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Fun story

Some times a story doesn't need a lot of reality it just needs to be well written and fun got news for you this one was. 5 STARS PLUS good job.

SpratGilfisSpratGilfisalmost 8 years ago
An excellent fun story.

One of your best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Always ...

Always the guy just gets led by the nose and accepts it. Fine - it gives a 'happy ending' - but it would make a much more complex tale if he said no at the key point. In this case how would the story unfold if Thomas says 'hell no' at the point where his wife shows her hand and then lets her have to play her hand blind as he had to. The trust is largely on one side in this story, the guy operates blind while the women go behind his back. Make Marcie decide blind if she is going and how much she is prepared to risk after her husband has said no; make Denise decide whether to scheme with Marcie, support Thomas or cut and run.

Clearly bigamy is not an issue with the number of tales where the protagonists just go to another state and get married...... In the modern days of intrusive governments and 'big data' this is increasingly unrealistic, so how would a three way marriage - if that is the way it ends up - actually play out. I don't have an answer to this but I suspect it wouldn't be easy. It is too easily glossed over here.

The basic plot of this tale can be found in several other submissions and they all go the same way. Now I admit to liking happy endings (of all types!) but variety in the journey would be more fun. That said a well written little tale. I was wondering if this was a variation on the 'wife has incurable disease and is auditioning her successor' scenario, being posted to another city and not discussing it with her husband? Since when would a woman in love with her husband accept that? That is probably the weakest part of the plot. Still a fun read. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

“Unusual” is right. I didn’t like this story much because I didn’t like the people in the story very much. And I don’t believe it belonged in the “Romance” section.

gragorgragoralmost 6 years ago
Having a problem with the story?

Stop reading it and find a different one.

Ragging on the author because you didn't want to read 7 pages of text really makes you look like a fool.

I enjoyed the story. I found it a bit wordy but I enjoyed the story.

Is it real? Who cares. This is an erotic reading site not a grave yard [unless you are into that kind of stuff and if you are I haven't found that section yet]

Thanks for writing this and all your other stories. And for not letting your entitled critics get you down.

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Definitely a different type of story. This story was well written and definitely was the figment of the authors imagination. Not being a fan of open marriages, I was wondering where the story was headed especially when Denise hooked up with Ron, then when she dropped Ron and asked Tommy to become a bigamist by marrying Marcie and be his wife while she was away in St. Louis it really started looking like she wanted to form a polygamous family which she did in the end. But key elements were missing in the storyline, one was nothing was ever mentioned about the risk of STD's and birth control. Next, I wondered about Denise while she was living in St. Louis, did she abstain from the dating and sex while she was there, the story kind of indicated that Ron was her only dalliance and after she dropped him that her intention was to form the polygamous family with Tommy, Marcie and herself. I enjoyed the story, but I still feel that that the Denise character was quite manipulative when she seemed to control Tommy and Marcie so completely. I like the happily ever after for the three of them. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well, I see the thought police are around to tell us how to handle the story.

Plot was somewhat unique, good writing, flowed smoothly, should be in the 4-4.5 range.

I I marked it on the like scale I would have rated it much lower. I di not expect the story direction. I am a monogamous type guy. Maybe some or many men dream of being worshipped by two or more women but it is not my style. In that sense wasted my time with the story and wished I had found a different read. However I will give the author the rating he earned.

So, Mr. Thought police, you cn now complain about another honest reader.

WoodencavWoodencav12 months ago

Lovely storey, so much love. This is the third storey of yours I have read, and they are all great stories you are a very clever and imaginative author, thank you for the pleasure you give me, I am so looking forward to the rest of your stories. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous