Algebra

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That's great KJ. You'll be going to our Alma Mater." I said as I looked at Melanie.

"No dad, Cornell University!"

I looked shocked. "Wow. They are one of the premier engineering colleges in the northeast. When you said you were applying to Cornell I naturally assumed our Cornell." Again I looked at Melanie.

"Well now I feel kinda cheap getting Chinese as a celebration dinner."

"Oh dad, you know I like Chinese." For some reason I thought of Monty Python, strange how the mind works sometimes.

KJ's joy and enthusiasm made my night go a lot better. I had been dreading spending the night with my soon to be ex-wife. I think KJ made a point of keeping the mood happy. I sure appreciate the woman my daughter has turned into. I guess I have to give the credit to Melanie for most of that, she was the one with her during her developmental years.

At 8:30 I said goodnight. I told them I was beat and headed to bed. At 10:00 Melanie crawled into bed and woke me with her hand on my crotch. I grunted and rolled over on to my stomach. I wonder if she felt guilty.

Thankfully the rest of the week was back to normal, no initiation on her part or mine. It had been almost 4 months, I could hold out 2 ½ more weeks.

On Tuesday I went to work and talked with Brad. I wanted to take some vacation time. "Today and tomorrow" I said." I've got a lot still to do."

He said, "Okay, let me know if I can help."

I went home and pulled out all the photos, cards -- Birthday, Christmas, Anniversary, also the baby pictures and even the hospital bills. These would make a great Christmas present for Melanie. She'd have happy memories then I'd hit her with the flowers, collage picture and have the divorce papers served.

The first thing in the photo album would be the receipt from the Jewelry store. $4000 was a lot back then. It still is but it doesn't seem like as much. Next would be the honeymoon pictures. Niagra Falls, not a whole lot of pictures from there, we didn't get out of the hotel room much. Maybe when KJ and I go to Cornell we'll go through Canada and visit the Falls. Melanie won't be with me this time.

Next in the photo album would be a picture of our first apartment. We weren't in there long, we had to buy a house when we found out about KJ coming along. Next were photos from our first vacation when we drove to see her folks in California. What a long trip but I enjoyed the drive with my new bride. We had stopped at the Grand Canyon, saw the lights of Las Vegas, drove through Death Valley and got to her parent's house 4 days later.

They would be flying in on December 20th this year. Just in time to deal with the fallout of this photo album.

I thought about that first vacation. Somewhere along the way across America we conceived KJ. It was a great trip. Oh to be back there, happy with a loyal wild wife.

Next I would include pictures of her while she was pregnant. For a short woman she really had a belly on her. I loved pregnant Melanie. She was so loving and needy but I loved every minute of it. She was having our baby!

Then I wanted to include the hospital bill. Insurance picked up most of it but we did have some out of pocket expenses. I didn't care, whatever it took to get my baby in to this world. I started reading the bills. Wow, there sure were a lot of costs. Then I saw something that almost stopped my heart. Tubal Ligation on a separate bill, ordered on August 8th!! That is a month before KJ was born. Why? Who ordered it? What the Fuck??? I had to find out.

I couldn't go talk to the doctor, she had passed away in a car accident 15 years ago. Who could I ask? There were two other doctors in her practice, maybe one of them could shed light on this.

I grabbed the bill, got in my car and drove to the OB/GYN office. Melanie still used the same practice even after her doctor had died. I walked calmly into the office and asked to see the person that handled the billing. An elderly woman of around 60 came out to talk with me. I asked if we could review some old bills. "Sure," she said, "let me get your wife's file. They should all be in there. Before we look at these I have to see if you have authorization to view them. Can I see your driver's license?" I showed it to her and she found the form authorizing me to my wife's medical information. HIPPA Privacy laws you know. Luckily my wife and I had authorization for each other just in case there was a problem. Well, this could be a huge problem.

"Could we review the bills from when she gave birth to Kaylee Jane?"

"Sure, that would be toward the back of the file. We just add more recent ones to the front."

She found the bills for the delivery. I told her, "They decided after about 10 hours of labor to take Kaylee by C-Section. She hadn't turned yet so they were worried. At least that is what they told me while I was in the waiting room."

The billing nurse was reviewing the bills when she inhaled sharply. I questioned her. "What did you find?"

"Well Mr. Van Hall you should talk with your wife about this."

"Let me see the paperwork. I have every right and you are bound by law to make copies for me if I request them." I grabbed the paperwork from her when I mentioned the law. There it was. The C-Section and Tubal Ligation were planned a month ahead of time. It was ordered by the doctor at my wife's request.

"I need copies of all this paperwork. I will be back in 2 hours to pick them up." I said as I stood to leave.

"Okay sir. I will have them ready for you."

Oh my God!! It's been a lie for over 17 years. She knew I wanted at least one more baby. I wanted a boy but if it was another girl I'd love her just the same. She took that chance from me! I was enraged.

I didn't want to drive in my state of rage. I might kill someone. I just took off walking. I looked at my watch. I needed to be back here by 4:30 to pick up the copies. I wandered around and just thought.

I don't know where the two hours went or where I went but at 4:30 I was back to get the copies. They had them in a manila envelope for me waiting at the front desk. I drove home and went right to the basement.

I know that I couldn't be around Melanie right now. I would want to kill her. I needed to be away from her. I would go back to the hotel and lay low for the next week. I'd go to work but then right back to the hotel.

I went back upstairs bringing a suitcase up with me. Melanie was in the kitchen. She had just gotten home. "Honey," I said, "I'm going to be on the road for the next week. The owners want me to trouble shoot the other plants and then visit the customers that have experienced issues in the last 6 months."

"So I guess Jack was right. There are problems at your job. I told you so." She said snidely.

I went upstairs. If I said anything I would blow up. I had to get out of there.

I put as much clothes as I could in my suitcase. I could buy socks and underwear later.

I grabbed my toiletries and closed my suitcase. I walked downstairs. KJ was just getting home. "KJ," I said, "I am going to be on the road for a week or so but if you need anything just call me."

She looked at me, she could tell something was wrong and that I was pissed. "We'll miss you dad but I'm sure you'll get it all straightened out."

"Thanks sweetheart." I said as I hugged her.

I remembered all the photos and other paperwork downstairs so I said. "Oh, I need to go down and grab my carryon."

I headed downstairs and put all the photos and paperwork in the carryon and hid the laptop. I came back and hugged KJ saying to Melanie. "I have to be to the airport by 7. I'll leave my car in long term parking. I'll call you when I check into the hotel." Then I walked out the front door.

I drove into Detroit and got a Hotel room at an Extended Stay America. Nice room with a kitchenette. I could camp out her for a week or so. I put my clothes away and sat in the chair. My whole world was falling apart. I can't believe that just a month or so ago I was happy and clueless.

I sat there for I don't know how long. Melanie had purposely gotten the C-Section to cover up the Tubal Ligation. She had planned it at least a month before. She had faked her contractions so she could be in the hospital on the prearranged day for the C-Section. They had made me wait in the waiting room for hours. They wouldn't let me watch. I couldn't believe it. Wow, I guess I am clueless.

Should I just go back home and confront Melanie? I knew if I did I would get out of control, I may even get violent. I've never hit a woman before but I don't know what would happen. I was seething.

I needed to just calm down. I was going to need to stick to the plan. At least for the next week or so I wouldn't have to look at her. I would need to talk to Brad first thing in the morning. I would want him to call the plant manager in London. I would like to go see the facility. I was sure I would want to get out of the country. I didn't want Melanie to be able to find me.

My phone rang. I looked at the caller ID. It was KJ. I also noticed it was almost 10:00. Wow, I had been sitting there for almost 4 hours. I answered the phone. "Hello KJ, sorry I had to leave so suddenly."

"What did she do dad. I could tell you were mad. You didn't even hug mom or wait for her reply to you telling her you were leaving."

"It's worse than I thought KJ. Where are you at? Can she overhear you?"

"No dad. I told her I had to run over to Kelly's to get something I had forgot. I'm in the car at the park. Where are you?"

"I'm at a hotel downtown closer to work."

"So you aren't going out of town?" She asked.

"No honey, I had to get out of the house away from her."

"So what happened?"

"I was going through the old photos and paperwork from our whole marriage and I found the hospital bills from your birth. I was going to include them in the photo album for her Christmas present. I was reviewing them and found out that your mom had ordered the C-Section for your birth and along with that she had ordered that her tubes be tied. I never had a chance to have another baby, boy or girl."

"Oh dad, I'm so sorry, maybe you should forget all you plans for Christmas and just confront her now and end it."

"I can't come home now KJ, if I did I might kill her. That is how mad I am. I need a few days to cool off."

"I'm sorry dad. I wish I could do something."

"What you can do is just act like nothing is wrong. I know that may be hard to do but please don't say or do anything that would make her suspicious. I really need this to come out of the blue. I'm sorry I'm putting you in the middle of this. You know KJ that we both love you. This has nothing to do with you. I'm sorry."

"So what are you going to do for the next week? Are you going to go to work like nothing is happening?"

"I will go in to work tomorrow and talk to my boss. He knows about the situation and I will probably take some time off and visit a couple of our other plants. I'll look for a transfer. You can't tell your mom anything. She needs to believe I got fired."

"Oh dad I can't believe you are going to be leaving me."

"KJ, I'm not leaving you and I'm not leaving right away. This will take a bit of time. You know you can always call me and talk to me every night if you want to."

"It won't be the same dad."

"No it won't but we'll make it work. I love you KJ."

"I love you too dad."

"Well, you'd better get back home now. Please try not to give mom any reason to worry."

"Okay dad. I'll call you tomorrow night."

"Bye honey."

I hung up with tears in my eyes.

In the morning I went in to work to talk to Brad. I wanted to let him know what I had found out. I also wanted him to call the plant manager in London to see if I could do a preliminary walk thru and meeting with him. I also told him that I would like to be "fired" on the 15th. He told me that he had spoken with the CEO of the company about my situation and was told that I could be "fired" and after the divorce proceedings be hired in London keeping all my seniority. I would need to assure them in writing that I would work for the London location for at least 3 years.

I told Brad that they were being very generous and that I would give my all to this company no matter where I worked.

"I know you will Kurt. In fact I hope you will come back here as soon as you can work it out after those three years."

"You know I would like to. I have enjoyed all the years I've spent here."

I walked out of there sad yet happy, sad because I would leaving here and happy that I work for such an excellent company.

That evening I was packing for my visit to London when my daughter called me.

"Hello dad. How are you doing? "

"I'm doing okay honey. How are you? Are you okay? Have you been able to hold yourself together?"

"I'm okay. Mom said you didn't call her last night. I think you should call her tonight if you're up to it."

"I'd better, sorry about that, I forgot."

"Guess what, mom got a call from Mrs. Anderson today. Troubles just keep mounting up for them. Jasmine has an STD."

Oh my God. I know KJ said that Jasmine had an unnatural obsession with her dad but could she have gotten it from him?

"Does she have a boyfriend that gave it to her?" I asked.

"Mom said that Mrs. Anderson said she doesn't."

"Did she know who gave it to her?" I asked.

"She won't say who gave it to her." She said.

"The boy may not know that he's got it, she has to tell him. Also if she has slept with anyone else they will have to be told." I told her.

"She said she has only slept with one guy." She said.

"KJ, maybe you need to talk to her. She is going to need a friend and maybe you can help her to talk to the guy that gave it to her."

"Wow," I thought. "That bastard. KJ did say Jasmine was obsessed with Jack. Maybe now we know why. When the whole truth comes out that will destroy that family. I hated to hear that for Mary's sake. She was a good woman, she didn't deserve this."

"See what you can find out KJ. Be there for her." I told her.

"I will dad."

"I'm going to go visit another plant tomorrow so I will probably be out of town for a couple of days. If you need me you can call me though."

"Okay dad. Safe travels. Don't forget to call mom." She said.

"I will KJ. I love you."

"I love you too dad."

I hung up and thought for a minute. I needed to get my mind right to call Melanie. I would make it a short call, let her know that I was still alive. I would try not to show my anger with her.

I dialed her number. "Hi honey, sorry I forgot to call you last night. I got in late."

"That's okay honey, I know you are worried about your job. Are you going to be able to fix the problems?" She asked.

"I'd better, they're counting on me." I told her.

"I know you'll be able to do it. You are great at taking care of issues." She said.

"Yes I am." I thought to myself. "I will be taking care of our issues in a way that will surprise her."

"I'm pretty beat Melanie. I'll call you again tomorrow night." I said.

"Ok honey, sleep tight." She said.

The next day I drove the 2 ½ hours to London. I toured the plant and sat down and talked with the plant manager. He seemed like a great guy.

It was midafternoon when I left the plant and decided that I would head to the Canadian Capitol. That would be something to cross off my bucket list. It would take me about 7 hours to get there.

When I arrived I got a hotel room and called Melanie. It was about 10:00.

"Hi honey, sorry to call so late. I just got to the hotel. It's been a long day."

"That's okay, honey. I'm glad you called anyway. Did you fix anything?" She asked.

"Not yet, but I talked with the plant manager and we have a plan." I assured her.

"Are you coming home this weekend?"

"No, I'll probably be gone until at least Wednesday."

"I'll miss you." She said.

I thought to myself, "You'll have all weekend and into next week to screw your lover."

"I'll be home before you know it." I said. I had to keep her on her toes. Make her worry if I'd come home and find her with Jack.

"Call me and I'll make sure to have your favorite dinner ready for you." She said.

"Yeah, you want a warning call." I thought.

"That would be great. I'm beat again. I'll call you Sunday okay?"

"That will be okay. I'll talk to you then." She said.

I hung up and called KJ.

"Hi dad. I'm just driving home from being out with Jasmine right now. Can I call you tomorrow?"

"Sure honey. I'll talk to you then."

"I love you dad."

"Love you to KJ. Good night."

I hung up and went right to bed. I was beat. Driving takes a lot out of me.

The next morning I toured the Capitol. It got me excited to fulfill my goal. I would be traveling a lot soon.

About 6:00 I got a call from KJ.

"Hi dad. Sorry I couldn't talk with you last night."

"No problem KJ. I hope you could help Jasmine."

"I don't know dad. She didn't want to talk very much about it. She was scared."

"I'm sure she is. Did she tell you about the guy she got it from?"

"She said she has only been with one guy but she wouldn't say anything about him. She was really defensive. She wondered if there was any way she could have gotten it some other way than from him?"

"KJ," I said. "I want you to know my suspicions. I think her dad may have given her the STD. Don't say anything to her that you suspect this but be ready if she starts to open up. If that is the case then your mother probably has it too."

"Oh dad, I hate mom right now."

"Honey, two more weeks then we'll be on the road to Cornell and your grandparents will handle your mom. I'm not sure what they will say or do but they'll help her through this. You know that when we come back I will be getting an apartment to live in. I can't live with her anymore after that."

"You don't think you can get passed this dad?"

"Honey, what I learned about the Tubal Ligation totally destroyed any chance of that. I know kids don't want their parents to divorce but you're not a kid anymore."

"Thanks dad, I still feel like I'm your little girl."

"You always will be KJ."

"I love you dad."

"I love you too KJ."

"Call me tomorrow dad."

"I will KJ. Bye now."

"Bye dad."

The next morning I drove back to Detroit. I got a hotel room and bought a case of beer. I had nothing planned except a phone call to KJ.

I called KJ.

"Hi dad. Where are you at today?"

"I'm back in town. I'm just going to relax in my hotel room tonight."

"Can we do something together tomorrow?" She asked.

"Sure honey, what do you want to do?"

"After church I'd like to grab lunch then go fowling."

"What?" I asked.

"Fowling dad, it's a combination of football and bowling. They play it in Hamtramck. You could teach me how to throw a football. We could talk and I could tell you what I found out from Jasmine." She said.

"I'm pretty sure I won't run into anyone we know in Hamtramck so that should be okay."

We made plans on where and when to meet and I said goodbye. Then I broke open the case of beer. I wouldn't drink too much tonight. I didn't want a hangover when I met up with KJ tomorrow.

I started thinking about Jasmine. I felt bad for her. I thought my revenge would be limited to Jack and Melanie and possibly Mary, but never did I think that Jasmine would be involved.

What a fucked up mess.

Sunday I spent the day with KJ. She told me that Jasmine had told her she had Chlamydia.

I told her that I was sure that Jack had it also, that about clinched it.

"How do you know that dad?"

"Let's just say that I know someone that he slept with that had it."

"Well, that kind of fits with what I thought dad. Jasmine said she loves the guy that she slept with and would never tell who it was. She knew that they would never get married but it didn't matter, she loved him anyways."

1...345678