Algebra

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Let's just forget about all of that for a while and have fun." I said.

"Sounds good dad."

So we enjoyed our time together. I learned a new sport and it was quite fun. We went out to dinner and then she went home and I went back to the hotel. I called Melanie and then went to sleep.

The next three days I concentrated on getting loose ends tied up at work. I started parceling out all my projects to other engineers. They were a little confused but that would all be explained shortly.

Wednesday night I went home. I had come to terms with the fact of her deceit for all these years. I could be in the same room (and even bed) with her and show no emotion. I knew it was only for another week and a half.

Melanie seemed glad to see me. "So how are things at the other plants? Did you get them straightened out?"

"I don't know. I hope so. I did my best." I told her.

"Do we have to worry?" She asked.

"I don't know." I said, let her worry.

I went to bed shortly after dinner. Melanie didn't even question my going to bed so early, nor did she try to initiate anything. I guess everything was back to normal.

Thursday I went to work and continued to wrap things up. A number of my co-workers noticed things were odd and wondered if I wanted to go grab a drink after work. "Tomorrow night would be better." I told them. We made plans for then.

At home I started paying bills. I wrote the checks out. Yes I still wrote checks to pay the bills. I didn't like doing the online pay thing. Then I asked Melanie the question that would come back to bite her.

"What do you think, should we send $1,000 to each of our charities this year?" I knew what her response would be.

"A thousand? I don't know."

"Okay, 50 or 75?" I countered.

Not wanting to be outdone and sound cheap she said. "Let's do 100"

"Okay, will do." I knew what she was thinking. 'I just saved us $2,700 from what he was going to send. That will buy me 4 purses and 6 pairs of shoes.'

So I wrote the checks, $100,000 each to Planned Parenthood, ASPCA, and Wounded Warrior Project.

I smiled. That was going to come back to fuck her in the ass, just like Jack did.

Then I said to her. "I'm going to be late coming home tomorrow so don't hold dinner for me. A few of the guys want to go out for a few drinks after work."

"Okay honey, thanks for letting me know, maybe I'll do something with Mary then."

"I should be home by 9:00 or maybe a little later."

"Okay." She said.

"Hey, did you find out what time your parents were flying in next Saturday?"

"Yeah, their flight arrives at 3:00." She said.

"I think I'd like to do our family's Christmas before they arrive, if that is okay with you. That way we can just enjoy our time with your parents and not worry about presents under the tree. I'm behind with the Christmas decorations, I'll have to spend all day tomorrow putting them up."

"That is okay with me. I'll have to finish up my Christmas shopping tomorrow then. I won't have time on Saturday, I'll be at work."

"I'll have them all done by the time you get home."

"That would be great honey."

A little while later we went to bed. I smiled as I laid down. My plans were coming together.

Friday I went out to the bar with my co-workers. They didn't know it would be the last time I did that.

Saturday morning I got up and started right in on the Christmas decorations. I was putting up lights thinking about Christmas. I'd be spending it with the greatest gift I've ever received, my KJ. Why did Melanie have to rob me of any more gifts like that. I put up the decorations with tears in my eyes.

Now I'm not Clark Griswold, but I do have a lot of decorations. It took me until 4:00. Everything was up including the tree. (Fake of course, it wouldn't be right to kill a tree every year just for a month.) I stood back and smiled a sad smile. This would be the last time I would be doing this. Well, for the foreseeable future at least.

I had an hour or so till Melanie got home so I decided while I had the time and the weather cooperated I would give the lawn one last mow before winter hit. Actually it would be my last time mowing this lawn. It would also get the last of the leaves out of the yard, killing two birds with one stone. It was getting a little chilly out so I went in and put on my Cornell College sweatshirt. Any time that I can get a little dig in to Melanie about our good times I would.

As I was finishing up Melanie came home. I pulled the mower in the garage and thought about the good times at Cornell. They were all tainted now by what she had done to us. I emptied the gas and the oil in the lawn mower in preparation for storing it for the winter. I decided to use my sweatshirt to clean up the mower, I didn't care if I got oil on it I planned on burning it anyways.

As I was standing by the fire pit burning some trash, tree limbs and my sweatshirt Melanie came out. As she walked up to the fire she said, "Can we order take out. I'm not feeling well, I think I have a UTI." (That's a Urinary Tract Infection for all you guys out there.) I smiled and said, "Sure, what do you want?" Then she noticed the sweatshirt in the fire.

"Is that your Cornell sweatshirt? Why are you burning it?"

"Yeah, I got oil all over it so I figured I'd just burn it with the yard waste." I said.

"That's too bad I know you loved that sweatshirt. We'll have to get you a new one."

"So do you want me to order pizza or something else?"

"Pizza is fine." She said.

"I'll order it, clean up, and go pick it up." I took out my phone and called the local pizza joint. I went into the house with a cheery smile on my face, she thinks she has an UTI, wait until she goes to the doctor.

I changed my clothes then took off to pick up the pizza, whistling as I went out the door.

I wonder what would happen when she got the news from her doctor that she had chlamydia. Would she put two and two together and realize what happened to Jasmine? I know she isn't good at math but she could certainly figure that out.

The pizza tasted especially hot and good that night. It must have been the extra spice of revenge. I liked it hot, not cold like some people.

Monday found me in the office, smile on my face. "You look like the cat that ate the canary." Brad told me.

"Sometimes plans just work out, not necessarily exactly how you expect them to but good none the less." I said.

"What's so good?" Brad asked.

"The shits about to hit the fan in the Anderson household."

"Remind me to never get on your bad side." Brad said.

"Today is my last day Brad, I won't be around for you to get on my bad side." I joked.

"I can't believe you want me to fire you 10 days before Christmas."

"It's all part of the plan. You are trying to save the company and I'm the third highest paid person here. They wouldn't fire you or the CFO so I have to go. That is what the other employees will have to be told. They'll work even harder for you, at least for a while."

"You're devious Kurt. What kind of a 'severance package' do you want?"

"Three month's wages plus accumulated vacation and personal days." I said.

"I'll talk to HR and tell them to keep it quiet." Brad said.

"Thanks Brad, you're a true friend." I said.

"So when do you want to start in London?" He asked.

"Would March 1st be too long?" I asked.

"That should work fine. I'm going to hate to lose you. Hopefully you'll be back soon."

"It all depends on the divorce Brad. Either way you know I am only a phone call away and I can come back on an 'emergency consulting' basis."

"That may happen more often than you think." Brad said.

I left work after packing my stuff and walking out the door with a box of my stuff in my hands. I sullenly said goodbye to the few employees I saw on my way out.

I got home earlier than normal but Melanie didn't say much. She was deep in thought. I figured it would take at least a day to get the results from any tests they had to run. She must have at least been told she didn't have a UTI.

I figured now would be a great time to tell her that I had been "laid off".

"Honey, we need to talk." Has there ever been good news given after those words?

She looked up, concerned. "What is it?"

"I got laid off today." I let that sink in.

"Oh no! What are we going to do?" She exclaimed.

"Well, I'll get my resume together. I'll put it out there but don't expect any activity until after the first of the year. It will just be like a little vacation." I said with a smile on my face.

"Why are you so happy?" She questioned? " How are we going to survive?"

"You should probably put together a resume' too. We may need you to get a real job." I said. I swear I could see her get visibly sick.

"We've got some money in our bank account. We should be okay for a few months." I assured her. "So what do you want to do for dinner tonight?"

"Can we order take out again, I'm still not feeling good."

"What did the doctor say, another UTI?"

"No, she's running some tests. I should know something in a couple days." She said.

"So, pizza again tonight?" I asked.

"Let's do Chinese again tonight." She said.

"Okay, I'll order it for 6:00, will KJ be home tonight?" I asked.

"She should be, we'll need to tell her about your job. I'm going to ly down until dinner." She said.

I went downstairs and started packing up more of my stuff. Saturday would be here before I knew it.

At dinner we informed KJ about my job. She acted surprised, then gave me a knowing look while Melanie went to get some soy sauce.

Tuesday I spent the day online. Melanie thought I was job hunting when in fact I was planning my travels to the different state capitols. I also spent time doing things around the house that I had been putting off. I was really just trying to avoid Melanie.

Wednesday morning Melanie got a call from her doctor. She wanted her to come in right away. I smiled as she left the house. She would get the terrible news and I would be happy all the rest of the day.

I called Melanie while she was at the doctors. I told her I was going to go out and run some errands so I wouldn't be home till about dinner.

When I got home Melanie was in bed. She told me she had a bug and that the doctor had given her some medicine and told her to get plenty of rest.

I went down to the basement and checked out the computer hoping to catch a phone conversation.

"Jack! You Bastard. You gave me a STD! ..... Yes I know it was you. Unlike you I don't sleep with people that could give me an STD. Well I guess that is wrong, I did! ..... You're the only one. ..... No, Kurt didn't give it to me, I haven't slept with him since, well I can't remember when. August I guess. ..... You're the only one Jack. I guess you can't say the same thing, you ass. Does Mary know? ..... Well I hate to even ask this question but what about Jasmine? ..... So you're saying that she got it from the toilet seat? That's not what she told Mary. ..... Face it Jack you fucked up and it may destroy your family. If I were you I'd get a lawyer because when Mary puts 2 and 2 together your ass is grass. You'll be lucky if she just divorces you. ..... No! I wouldn't divorce Kurt and marry you. Why would I want to marry a cheater? ..... You're my only one Jack and I've learned my lesson. Never again. ..... You'd better hope Kurt never finds out, He'll kill you, then probably me. ..... Goodbye, you ass."

Well she learned, but too late. It is all over but the crying. She'll be the one crying this time.

Only three days left. The saying goes, 'Take your small victories where you can get them.' I kept saying it to myself. This was a big victory though. This one would (hopefully) teach her a lesson for life.

I got into yahoo mail and created a fake email address. I was going to warn Mary. I wouldn't send her the video, but I would send her an email. It read, "Jack has it too." Let her figure it out, let her investigate.

I went back upstairs and started to go through some of the souvenirs and knick-knacks. I only kept a couple she could have the rest. I would take the souvenirs from the Grand Canyon and Vegas. After that the only thing I wanted to keep that held positive memories for me was KJ. Everything else was tainted by the lie.

I threw some steaks on the grill and KJ and I ate together. Melanie never came down. I told KJ that mom got some bad news from the doctor. She knew exactly what I meant.

Thursday found me looking at apartments. I found one that suited me fine. They were even willing to do a month to month provided I paid an extra $100 per month. Of course I agreed.

I started to move some of my stuff from the basement in. I would have to wait on the rest of my clothes till Saturday.

When I got home Mary was sitting on our couch, head in her hands, crying her eyes out to Melanie. I mouthed the words to Melanie, "What's wrong?" acting innocent.

"Jack." She mouthed back.

I walked out of the room, smiling to myself. Another win.

I told Melanie I would take KJ out for dinner so they could have time alone. I could see the guilt on Melanie's face. Another win.

KJ and I grabbed dinner at a seafood place. We talked about Jasmine, Jack, and mom having Chlamydia. Then KJ asked me, "Do you have it too dad?" I told her that her "mother and I hadn't made love in about 4 months, so no I didn't have it." She looked at me shocked. "Really, 4 months dad?"

"This is hard to talk about with my daughter but you're a mature young woman and I think we can keep it ..ahh.. "clinical", I guess the word would be.

"Your mom and I used to have a good sex life. Then you were born and she didn't want it anymore. It was not your fault, so don't think that. Well I had to initiate it every, and I mean every time. Well that was until July 4th. We got home and your mother initiated. I was overjoyed. I didn't realize it at the time but that was the beginning of her affair with Mr. Anderson. I think she felt guilty. We did it a few more times over the next month but again I had to initiate it. Since August, nothing."

"I'm sorry dad"

"So am I KJ, about the whole thing. You're a strong person. You'll get through this. Don't be too hard on your mom. She is going to need you in the next few months."

"What are you going to do?" She asked.

"Well, today I rented an apartment and have already taken stuff from the basement over there. That way after we visit Cornell this weekend I'll have someplace to go. You'll go back home to your mom and your grandparents. You'll finish out your senior year, enjoy your summer and then go to Cornell in the fall. Don't worry about me, we'll be talking on the phone all the time."

"I can stop by every day."

"I may not be there very long. In fact my plan is to move by March 1st. In the meantime I'm going to be traveling."

She started to cry, which made me cry.

"KJ, I love you, remember that. No matter what happens, I love you."

That just made her cry more. We were making a spectacle of ourselves in the restaurant and I didn't care.

After dinner we drove around and thought happy thoughts. I didn't want to come into the house with tears in our eyes. I didn't want to give anything away to Melanie.

Mary had left. Melanie said, "She was going home to tell Jack to 'pack his shit and leave'. I told Mary that if things got too bad tonight she could come back here and stay the night. I hope that's okay."

"Sure honey, no problem."

This was a little bit like the movie we saw. Funny how life imitates art sometimes. I hope, for Melanie's sake, that Mary never finds out that the 'other woman' is her.

Now would be a perfect time to send another anonymous email, but that would wreck my plans, so I'll have to wait on that.

Mary did come over. Jack refused to leave. What did he have to lose. Mary would go see a divorce lawyer tomorrow. I thought about giving her the name of my lawyer but thought better of it. Again, I didn't want to wreck my plans.

I went to bed, leaving them to talk. I was thinking to myself. "London, Ontario will get me out of the country and if I knew my wife (which I thought I did) she would probably move back to California as soon as KJ graduates. That would put an entire continent between us, and only a 5 hour drive to see KJ at Cornell. Awesome. I didn't want to be a pest but I'd see her at least once a month. I hope she didn't mind.

I put my phone on the charger, turned over, and went to sleep.

Friday morning I did some honey-do's around the house. I wouldn't miss the house. It was Melanie's, too big and impersonal for me. I would miss the memories though, we had spent the last 10 years in this house.

I told Melanie I had to run some errands and left. I called the lawyer to insure that we were set for serving the next day at 4:00. "I need it done at 4:00 on the dot." I said. No problem. It was already set up. Then I swung by the florist. I went in with my collage of Melanie and Jack in hand. I asked the person behind the counter if I could see the delivery. She took it out of the cooler. She lifted the lid off the box. Perfect, 17 red roses in a circle around the full bloom black rose in the center. I took the lid and asked for some double sided tape and put the collage in the lid. Then I covered it lightly with tissue paper leaving a corner open so she would notice when she looked under the lid. I made sure the card said, "17 good 1 bad. Look under the lid." Then I made sure they knew that it was to be delivered precisely at 3:55 tomorrow afternoon. They assured me that it would be. I paid the bill with the extra deliver charge. Then I told the woman that I wouldn't be there to give the driver a tip so if she could give the driver a tip when they returned I'd appreciate it and I handed her a twenty.

Then I went back home. That night I slept like a baby.

I woke up at 8:00 and got to make a big homestyle breakfast. KJ was already down and had started the coffee. I took out eggs, waffle mix, bacon, ham, sausage, biscuits, and gravy. I was going all out. It took me over an hour but we finally sat down to eat. "Eat till your full, you never know where your next meal is coming from." It was an expression my dad used to say. KJ always got a kick out of that. This time I think it hit home to Melanie.

We sat around and relaxed after breakfast. I told them that I would be grilling steaks for lunch around 2:00. I wanted to just relax today spending time as a family, "Because family is what's important, especially this time of year, especially this year." I told them. We all talked about past Christmases. It was bitter sweet going down memory lane with them.

At 1:15 I turned the oven on and put 3 big baked potatoes and a sweet potato casserole in to cook. I started the grill up around 1:45 and threw three big porterhouse steaks on. I then went in and started making us each a salad. KJ came in the kitchen and said, "Let me do that dad. You go watch the grill."

"Thanks KJ, you're the best."

I stood in front of the grill reviewing my life. Bitter sweet was a good word for it.

We ate lunch and just continued to enjoy each other's company.

At around 3:00 we went into the living room and started opening the presents. We always saved the big ones for last. My presents were the usual, socks, underwear, pants, shirts, everything a guy needs. They had also gotten some of that but, KJ had gotten a lot of extra presents from both her mom and I. Then I gave a present to KJ. She opened it. A new (slightly used) laptop computer (wiped clean of course). "This should last you at least through your first year at Cornell." I said.

"Thanks dad." KJ said.

Then Melanie gave me a box. I wondered what is could be. There was a card attached. I opened and read it. "To the best husband in the world, I hope you can use this."

1...345678