Amnesia Ch. 04-05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh!" he exclaimed, wide-eyed. "You'll have to tell me about it," he said as he took Nina's offered hand.

"I have to ask you not to repeat anything I tell you today, Tom. There is danger attached to the wrong people finding out that I'm alive and kicking," Tony warned.

"Of course. Anything you say will be held in complete confidence."

"Thank you." Tony paused for a moment, reaching for Nina's hand as he did.

"My name is Tony Marino. Until a year ago, I was a senior vice president at a major investment firm. I discovered some illegal activity and I was about to report it when apparently, I was attacked and woke up in the hospital. I have recovered some of my memory, but not all of it yet.

"Through pure chance, Nina saw me in a market one day and eventually caught up to me and told me who I was. It was quite a shock, but that shock is what probably triggered my memories. Anyway, you and Martin, Muriel and Mr. Leung have all been a part of my recovery and helping me with my new life. Nina and I have decided we like this life better than our old one and so, when the danger has passed, I will be Tony Marino ... cook."

The look of surprise and concern on Major Tom Matthews' face was unmistakable.

"Are you still in danger?"

"We're not sure. Possibly. Martin is guessing that the people I was exposing had hired someone to do away with me. That someone may still be out there and until the F.B.I. or the police can identify him, I could still be a target. That goes for Nina and my children as well. They may want to use them to get to me. So, that's the reason for the caution."

"I understand. That must be very worrisome for you, Nina."

"I've tried not to dwell on it, Tom. I've got my Tony back and that's what I'm concentrating on now," she smiled.

Tom nodded and smiled himself. They continued their conversation for a few minutes before Tony excused himself and Nina. They had places still to go to that morning.

They said their goodbyes to the Salvation Army Major, catching a cab to Muriel's apartment. She was expecting them both.

Muriel welcomed them in and Tony repeated the story he had shared with Tom. He received Muriel's assurances that she would tell no one. Muriel was pleased that Tony had recovered some of his memory, but even more excited that they would be returning to the Bronx to live and work. She would not be losing her new friend after all.

Their last stop was the market where Nina had first found him. Tony had some shopping to do for the day's menu and time was running a bit short. His assistant cook, Eric, would get things under way, but he would still need to be there to supervise the specials.

Nina clung to his arm, carrying the groceries along with him, watching him as he carefully made his selections. She expressed her surprise at how much he had learned in such a short period of time.

They made love again that night after Tony had prepared another special meal for them.

"This is like we are renewing our marriage," Tony suggested.

"Yes, it's another beginning," Nina agreed.

On Sunday, they held hands as they strolled down Broadway, across West 97th St. and into Central Park. The early fall weather was warm and they spent almost the whole day walking and rekindling their love of New York.

It was a difficult moment for them both as Nina picked up her bag from the sidewalk by the cab and walked into Grand Central Station to catch the train to Westport. She looked back several times before Tony's cab pulled away from the curb and headed to the Bronx. She didn't try to hide the tears.

-0-

12