An Unlikely Alliance Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She shook her head, understanding it, "No. I don't mind. I know what it is to share something like that."

–––––––––––––––-

Ri'Saad gave Basmah good coin for the clothing and the weapons and she asked out of curiosity.

He shrugged, "Such things have limited worth here in this cold land – but the value rises when they are offered for sale to ones who must live in the place where they are made to be. But this one will not be the one who sells it to them. Another of my clan will do that."

He looked at the two of them for a moment, "Khajiit sees something here, he thinks. What it is, he is not sure, only that it is there."

They talked a while and Basmah mentioned the reason why she'd come and the old trader knew a little of it and the history – which he told to Do'Tanaht.

Basmah was offered a cup of hot broth and she gladly accepted as she sat near the ever-present fire in the Khajiit camp. Then she noticed that the one who'd given it to her was still there, squatting low across from her.

It was a lovely grey female in light armour who looked at her inquisitively until she began to speak in a lilting tone, "Do'Tanaht is happy this day. This one has not seen him like this in a long time and she knows him well. He tells this one that he has made a friend.

If it is so, then this one is pleased, very pleased, because she thinks that he needs ones like this."

She smiled then, holding out her arm, "I am Dyla, and Do'Tanaht is my cousin."

The Redguard seized the Khajiit's arm happily, "Basmah is my name Dyla, and I am happy also. I think that he would never say it, but to me, he saved my life this day in a way."

She related the tale and Dyla nodded, smiling at the end, "Then he liked you from the first, Basmah.

This one sees that you like him and she is a female – so she knows what lies at the bottom of it. She is happy for this also."

After a moment, Dyla tilted her head, "This one may have a way to help Basmah, if it is desired. She has mated with Do'Tanaht when it was needed very much, so ..."

Dyla's smile became a little coy and it caused Basmah to become at least a little in intrigued, "she can say what he likes if Basmah wishes to know of it."

Basmah nodded a little eagerly. She found Dyla next to her almost instantly and their whispering talk together began.

Do'Tanaht passed them a little later carrying some wood from a tree that he'd found blown over at the edge of the forest. He knew that at some point it would be wanted and the tree hadn't been lying on the ground long enough to begin to rot, so he was setting it aside for the next time that they came.

As he walked by, he saw them together by the fire, squatting so close together that their legs touched. They had their arms around each other and they spoke quietly together with soft laughter escaping once or twice.

That ended when they noticed him and they only watched him pass with the enigmatic smiles of girls who were sharing something which males wouldn't ever understand. He laughed and continued on. Looking back after a moment, he saw that their heads were together again and whatever it was about, they were back at it, whispering to each other with wide smiles.

After a time, they stood up and Dyla looked a little sad, "Khajiit is a little saddened, for she would – " She laid her hand over her breast, "very much like to see it, maybe help if it was needed, but she hopes that it is not. This one is so happy herself for you."

She hugged Basmah against her and Basmah returned the gesture – especially the rubbing of their cheeks together as Dyla whispered with her eyes closed, "We are cousins, Basmah. But this one has always cared for Do'Tanaht and his large heart. Some others might say too much, but they have not seen his troubles when they happened, so they do not know.

This one cares for Basmah now also and wishes for it to be everything that is wanted by two that she likes so much. It is not this one's place to judge or say what is and what should not be. Only please, if it happens, care for him and be careful. Please never hurt him."

They drew back a little so that they could look into each other's eyes and after a long moment, Dyla kissed Basmah softly. They stayed like that and after several seconds, Basmah drew back and nodded.

"If it happens, Dyla, I swear that I will."

Basmah found herself wondering over it long after she was alone again.

After a while, Basmah said that she wanted to get her business in the city finished and she promised Do'Tanaht that she'd return right afterward. He nodded then and she left, walking quickly up the road toward the gates of the city.

She didn't know it, but Ri'Saad was about to change everything for her without her knowledge for reasons of his own. He liked her and that was all well and good, but he was many miles from his supply point on the coast and he hadn't given Do'Tanaht a job only to see him wander away when he was needed.

It might be love, but he was here for business.

–––––––––––––––

The guards at the gate gave Basnah no trouble and she followed their directions to where they believed that a woman fitting the description that she gave might be found.

"You're not the first one to ask after that woman," one of the guards said, "She looks as you do – a Redguard, but there have been men asking about her and wanting to come into the city. We tell them nothing and keep those ones out. We don't trust them and the way that they ask feels like a drink of water out of a jug which held fish oil in it before, if you take my meaning."

Basmah was a little alarmed, though she didn't show it, "Then I think that you did rightly. No matter that they were Redguard also. It often pays to follow what one feels rather than sees. Are there no other Redguard people in the city?"

The man shrugged, "A bare handful. One family with children and a married couple. We only let the couple stay because the woman is a skilled healer. Her husband is a useless fop who makes out like he's a wealthy landowner. That's all they've got but he makes out like the Jarl himself relies on his advice."

––––––––––––––––––––––––-

Janus waited until the wagon stopped.

"Here you be," the driver said, "The fine and beautiful city of Whiterun. Need any help getting your things down, lad?"

Janus shook his head with a smile, "No, thank you, Gunnar. I've only got the two bags. I'll manage."

He jumped down, glad for the chance to stretch his legs a little after the long ride. Walking to the rear of the empty wagon, he climbed up and removed his luggage.

The driver had told him at the start that he had to sit in the back, but it took only a little talk about being eighteen, young and shy and on his own for the first time and feeling uncertain and ...

And all of the other cowshit that he'd told the driver while he'd made doe eyes at the man to get a seat on the bench next to him.

After that, it only took two times leaning down to suck the man's prick to keep his seat up there.

Well, that and a quick fuck leaning over one of the front wheels by the side of the road. The one night in the bed at the inn in Rifton had just been for fun, since by then; Janus had grown to like the man a fair bit.

He set his bags down near the rear of the wagon on the driver's side and he walked to look up.

"Would you know the way to Arcadia's Cauldron? That's where I've got to go."

The driver looked over, "Son, I'm just the driver. I go to almost all of the settlements, but I don't have the time to wander around inside every one. Maybe try the guards at the main gates. I'd bet they'd know."

Janus thanked the man and picking up his bags, he began to walk up the low slope following the path. Gunnar watched him go for a few seconds before he turned and thought about getting a meal. He looked back once more and sighed.

That boy had been better in a bed than almost any of the women that he'd ever had – and that was going some, too.

If he'd known that boys like that even existed back in his day, he'd probably never have gotten married at all, not even once. He'd never known anyone who liked a good fucking as much as that one.

Looking a little ahead, Janus saw several Khajiit walking down toward him roughly in single file. He knew enough about them to know that they had to stay outside the city walls, which is what they did, the mercantile ones anyway. They set their camps up outside the cities and traded their wares near to the gates.

An important-looking one passed him by without a word, followed by some others. He looked along the line of them and he saw a shorter female at the end who was struggling a little under the load that she was carrying as she adjusted her armour at the same time.

Janus was just eighteen by a week and this was his very first real journey anywhere on his own. He knew about the cat-folk, but he'd never seen one up close before. The girl before him came on, looking at her feet more than anything and muttering to herself quietly.

She suddenly noticed that there was someone there and looked up at Janus.

He tried not to stare, but to him, she looked lovely, with little tufts of fur at the tips of her upright ears – which were now sagging a little as she stared at him, little golden hoop earrings and all. She smiled and came closer.

"Khajiit was not looking forward to traveling again in this cold land," she said softly with a pleasant purring tone, "But now she sees this one and hopes that he will stay in Whiterun for a time – at least until she comes back. She cannot wait to know him better."

"I've just come today," he said, not believing that he was standing near someone this beautiful who seemed to like him, "I'll be living here for at least a while, I think. I'll be helping my aunt at her store, Arcadia's Cauldron. Do you know it?"

"Khajiit are not allowed inside," she said, but then her smile changed, "But this one has been over the wall a few times at night. She thinks that she knows where it is."

She was as tall as he was – which wasn't all that tall, and she looked to be a little heavier than him as well, though it was hard to tell with the armour that she wore.

"My name is Janus," he smiled, "When will you be back?"

Her furred hands reached for him and she pulled herself close enough to purr under his jaw while rubbing her face against his throat, "This one is called Dyla, Janus. And she is happy to think of when she comes back for she wants to make a friend now so much. It will be a fortnight for certain, maybe a day or two longer."

His sudden erection was straining the front of his trousers. Dyla knew it was there. She reached to caress it once very slowly as she kissed him softly for a moment.

The trader called her and she groaned, "Khajiit must go, Janus. Please, please be here when she returns?"

He nodded with a smile and said that he would look for her every day. She nodded, saying that she would hurry if she could.

Then she handed him back his purse of gold coins.

"A lesson for you, Janus. Dyla meant her words and she wants to know you, but think of this and please be more careful."

He stared at her and her smile widened as she blew him a quick kiss before turning to run to the others, who waited with annoyed expressions.

She stopped then, thinking about her cousin and the sudden way that she felt. She decided that maybe it was just that kind of day or something so she ran back quickly to hug Janus for a moment and kiss him for nothing other than her want to.

"Wait for Dyla and she will return to you, Janus. Yes?"

He nodded, "I will wait, Dyla. I have to wait now! Please be careful on the road."

She kissed him again, her fingers deep into his hair so that they groaned. Then she was gone, running to catch up.

He watched her go, looking at her hips and her tail as she ran, seeing her hair and the trinkets there in it as it flowed behind her. When she joined the others, he could see that the important one had some hard words for her. She stood before him, patiently waiting to the lecture to end and when the trader turned to move on, Janus watched as Dyla looked back and waved with a grin.

He became aware that he was grinning back like an idiot, but he didn't mind. He picked up his bags and walked on, fading erection and all, until he came to the guards at the gates.

They let him pass after taking his name and he asked for directions.

"Hard to miss Boy," the larger of the two said, "You just go straight up the road until you get to the marketplace. It's laid out as a circle. When you get to it, look right. You'll see two shops. Arcadia's Cauldron is the one to the left."

–––––––––––––––––––

She made her way up the road to the Bannered Mare and stepped inside after pulling her hood up, taking a seat at a vacant table not far from the door to the place.

Saadia was both busy and yet not so at the same time. It was one of those days for her it seemed. She didn't mind it since it made the day pass quicker. She liked working here for Holda – who always moaned to anyone who would listen that she was thinking of retiring and selling out to a woman named Ysolde. Nobody ever believed a word of it – especially not Ysolde.

But Basmah knew none of that. She only sat and watched. It had been a while ... three years.

Saadia noticed the hooded figure there near the door and made her way over when she could manage a second. She hadn't been born to this sort of thing and it was a huge change to her when she'd started here, but Holda had given her a chance back then and she was thankful, fitting into the roles of cook and serving girl completely now.

"What can I get you?" she asked the person at the table, "Are you hungry? Thirsty? Both?"

"An ale would go down well now," the figure said in a quiet tone, "Something tall and cold and ... have you got anything from Hammerfell?"

At the name, Saadia looked over and tried to see into the hood, "Who are you?"

"A friend, Iman," the voice said softly, "An old friend."

Saadia's eyes grew wide, "Basmah? What are you doing here? And forget that name. No one here knows it."

Basmah shook her head, "There are a few who do besides me, Iman. Is there someplace that we can talk? I have things for you to know – a few of them important to you, I'd guess."

"Follow me," Saadia half-whispered, "and don't be obvious about it."

Basmah nodded, "Alright, and do try to sound a little less like a bitch to me, Iman. I'm one of the very few reasons that you're still drawing breath girl, maybe the only one. I'd hate to think that after all of this time, you're not at least a little grateful."

Saadia led her to the kitchen and from there, she pointed up the narrow stairs, "My room is through those doors. "I'll be up to see you in a little while. I have to tell Holda that I need a little time off my feet."

Basmah nodded and walked up the steps. She sat on the bed and waited.

In a few minutes, she heard footsteps and Iman walked in, handing her a mug of ale. "Now what's this about, Basmah? I really haven't got any money to pay you."

"I can understand about not having gold and I'm not here for that anyway, Iman," Basmah said, "but for all of that, I'd appreciate a little nicer tone in the way that you speak to me."

She leaned forward a little, "Because if you can't at least remember your manners pretty quickly, I won't tell you what you need to know, alright? I'll just make you temporarily happy by walking out of YOUR life for once and it will be forever."

Iman inhaled and let it out wearily, "I'm sorry, Basmah. I've been on edge lately, that's all."

Basmah nodded, "On edge.

I've slept in ditches and fought to keep you safe, but you're on edge.

Fine Iman, whatever you want. Now, I've got a few things to tell you.

First, it's been more than three years since you came running up to me, too scared to even blink without being told to. You told me to help and I agreed. But if there even still is a House Suda at all anymore, I sure don't know where it is now. As far as I know, it's gone, Iman, all gone. My family was gone even back then. The last that I heard, the city of Teneth is still a ruin and nobody lives there.

But my people always served yours and I figured it was the last time, you know? So I agreed to help cover you as you ran.

A hundred and six, Iman. That's how many I've had to kill to keep the ones looking for you off your pretty neck. One hundred and six men, most of them Alik'r.

I didn't do that all at once, just here and there in small groups at most. I've been all over this land doing that for you and I've lost three years of my life doing it. Our houses are gone, Iman. Our families too – at least mine for sure. I'm the only one left.

If there still are any left of yours, they're probably among those who want to see you torn apart publicly in the square.

When I agreed, I never said that I'd do it forever and today is the last day. I'll be on my way now."

Iman nodded cautiously, "Alright. I guess that I can't ask you for more than that."

Basmah shook her head, "You still don't get it, do you? You really couldn't ask me for what I did in the first place. I only did it out of ... I dunno, tradition and because we used to be friends once.

Listen, did it ever pass though that space behind your eyes that I don't owe you anything? My house served yours, but that was over a long time ago before we were even born.

I never served you. I wasn't born to it and I never swore the oath to you or anyone, so in case you never bothered to think it through, you never had the right to ask it of me in the first place. And you didn't ask.

You ordered me to do it – like you owned me or something.

You're still the same stuck-up thing you were back home. You never even asked yourself why, right? I don't know if all of the ones who want you skinned alive and pissed on have a legitimate reason. I've heard your story and after so long, I've got to tell you that I've got my doubts.

But I don't care anymore. Through me, my family served yours one last time and now I'm tired."

She sipped her ale and looked over, "And you've never bothered to even thank me. It wasn't us serving you anymore even then. We were kids together, friends.

And I'll probably go to my grave without hearing anything like 'thank you' out of you."

She set her mug down, "Fine, so be it.

Listen carefully because this is all that I'll tell you.

There were five Alik'r on the road today, headed this way and not four leagues from the gates. They're dead now.

The city guards have been turning away Alik'r who've been snooping around, looking for word of a Redguard woman living in Whiterun under a false name. So they're already here and they're gathering.

If I have to spell it out for you, Kemaatu is still out there and looking. That's what it means."

She looked at Iman and gave her a very hard look for a moment. "I came to say goodbye, Iman. I came here to give you a last warning that they just might finally be getting a little close and I'm not going to be watching your back anymore."

Basmah got off the bed and was almost out the door when Iman reached her, pulling at her arm, "WAIT! Basmah PLEASE!"

Basmah looked back, "Wait for what? You bossed me around when we were children like you were some princess. You seduced me and made me love you – and then you only tossed me scraps after that. I've had nothing from you, not even your thanks over all these years. I'd have done anything for you – well, I have, haven't I?

And what was in it for me, Iman? This is the first time that I've seen you in three years. I doubt that you've have ever looked to find out if I was even still alive.

Three year's worth of muttering to myself while hiding in ambush in far worse places than you'd ever go for me."