Batman: Arkham City Chronicles Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Unfortunately your Majesty the assassin escaped using a boom tube which is a New Gods technology but I think the whole murder of Aquaman was to lure Ocean Master here, so they could eliminate him as well," explains Batman, knowing there will probably be civil war between the factions of Atlantis, one that is led by Queen Mera and the other is those who are loyal to Ocean Master and his anti-surface dwellers views. Queen Mera is now concern, very concern because if true then something much larger is going on but she says, "Batman, please return to the surface. I'm sending Princess Mareena along with both Tula and Lorena Marquez to the surface with you. I request that you keep her safe until I can discover who is behind the death of Aquaman."

"They will stay with me at the Batcave and I will search for any helpful information on the surface," replies Batman, as Princess Mareena, Aquaman's oldest child, come storming in and says, "Mother I will not go to the surface. I will not abandon..."

"I'm not ordering you to the surface as your mother. I'm ordering you to the surface as your Queen," voices Mera, her voicing shaking the room, "Prince Arthur is next in line for the Throne and if something was too happened to him you become Queen. It is unwise to have both of you in the same location. As your Queen, I'm commanding you to the surface, escort by Lorena and Tula. There you will live and learn from Batman. You will obey his command as if they was my own. Am I clear, Mareena?"

"I wish you weren't my mother," voices Mareena, storming off to go back her stuff. Mareena will go but that doesn't mean she will like it. Bruce looks at Mera and asks, "Are you sure Mera?"

"Yes I'm sure but please keep my daughter safe," voices Mera, putting her mother crown back on. Even those she knows this is the right thing it still hurts to send her daughter away but she must protect her children. Those she had an idea but she will push that off until later. She can't be to forward as a Queen.

Several Hours Later:

Holding Cell-One,

Batcave,

Wayne Manor, Gotham City

Bruce had returned to the Batcave after showing Princess Mareena, Tula and Lorena around Wayne Manor. Batman is inside Holding Cell-One when Rose Wilson awakes and after several moments when she can finally see she manages too asks, "What happened?"

"Ravager, why did your father kill Ocean Master?" asks Bruce, those he is in his Batman armor, "Why were you two in Atlantis?"

"My father, but I haven't seen him since we was attacked," voices Rose, for the first time scare. She has never seen anyone move like that before, "We were attacked by someone calling himself the Arkham Knight. He defeated my father then took me prisoner."

If Rose could read Bruce mind she would know he is now very concern, this Arkham Knight seems to be several steps ahead of Bruce and Bruce knows nothing about him. But maintaining his cool and calm as he asks, "What can you tell me about this Arkham Knight? Like how did he manage to defeat Deathstroke?"

"It was like nothing I have ever seen before. He was faster, stronger, better equipped and armed than anyone else I had ever encountered. He also had his own private Militia. He knew everything about us, our strengths and weaknesses," explains Rose, who along with her father kills several of the Arkham Knight men before he defeated her, "At first I thought maybe it was you but then the Arkham Knight pulled out a machinegun and started mowed down bad guys. At that moment I knew it wasn't the Batman. My father tried to fight him but he was too powerful."

"These bad guys who did they worked for and why were you with them?" asks Bruce, who is wondering if this is going to be too much for him to handle by himself. He is going to need allies.

"Black Mask," answers Rose, "Since he said he had a job for Deathstroke and I went along because dad said something didn't feel right to him since he had started hearing things recently about this Arkham Knight's character. Copperhead was there too..."

"What was the job?" asks Batman, wondering what Copperhead, Rose is referring too since there are several individuals using that name. Rose looks up and answers, "To kill the Batman. He had started to recruit several supervillains but Copperhead refused since the last time you two fought you saved her life. She left and a few moments later the Arkham Knight attacked. His men cut through Black Mask's men like a hot knife through butter."

"Alright, now what I'm going to do with you?" asks Batman, but Rose stands up and pleading with Batman, "Please don't send me away. I could help you! I'm a good fighter and despite my father teaching me to be nothing but a remorseless killer that is not the person I want to be. I don't want that life style, anymore."

"Alright," voices Batman, having already decided to recruit Ravager into the new Batman Family. Bruce had also decided to start recruiting other members into a new larger Batman Family.

"Really?" asks Rose surprise she figure it would be much harder.

"I'm going to give you a chance," explains Batman, before turning to leave, "Think of this as a trial period where you can prove yourself trustworthy, so you can join the Bat family."

Rose happily grins because she never really had a family before. She was raised by her prostitute mother, Lillian Worth, before her father started her training to become an assassin/vigilante.

"...now, come with me," Batman order, leading Rose out of the holding cell and into the main batcave, where some woman are waiting on Batman. Batman introduces Rose to the other woman, "Rose, this is Speedy. She worked with the Green Arrow in Star City and she will be overseeing your training. Speedy met Rose."

"It is nice to meet you," says Mia Dearden, aka the third Speedy. Rose shakes Speedy's hand, while noticing her long blond hair, skintight black outfit with the yellow arrowhead between her medium-size breasts, "Batman, Red Arrow is waiting for you..."