Best Friends Again

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
griffin57
griffin57
568 Followers

Her eyes sparkled with mischief. "Baby!" She stuck her tongue out at me.

"I'll be at FYE when you're ready to go" I thought that she was deliberately trying to drive me crazy.

An hour later she showed up weighted down with her bags. "A little help here." She thrust two bags at me. Wouldn't you know; Victoria Secrets! "Didn't want you to miss out. Wait till you see what I bought! You know," she coyly offered, "I could model them for you."

I started. "You--- better not Kim, If you know what's good for you." I warned.

"What you going to do Richard, spank me. Oh, sounds like fun!"

I shook my head in wonder and she just smirked at my discomfort.

That afternoon we bought her a used Fiat so she could get around. Salt Lake City is set up on a grid pattern and since she took driver's training here, there was no problem with navigation.

For the next several days the restaurant consumed much of her time. Sam was very shrewd when hiring employees; no big egos and no prima donnas. She was one of three Chefs and soon Kim was fitting in as if she had always worked there. Some nights she didn't get home till midnight. But, she insisted that it was truly her 'dream job'.

Me; I had my own problem; insomnia. Night after night I lay in bed wondering about my own sexuality. Did I find Kim attractive because she used to be a guy, or was I just drawn by her femininity, which she had in spades. Maybe the more important question was 'how did she feel about me?'

Sunday was her day off and she slept in. I made a quick trip down to a coffee shop and pick up some cream cheese danish and two Café Au Late. Upon my return she was in the shower. I put the bags on the table and heard a squeak behind me. I turned to see Kim's shapely bare backside scurrying into her room. She emerged moments later with a red face that contrasted nicely with her white robe.

"Number one rule. No Streaking!" I laughed.

"Duly noted, you rat! Why didn't to tell me you were back?"

"I'm sorry Kimmy. Were you em BARE ASSED?" I laughed. "That's what you get for last night's crack."

She whipped a small pillow at me, which I dodged, and she sat down at the table. Before biting into a pastry, she murmured that she liked it when I called her 'Kimmy'.

"So what's up with this party that Sam is putting on?" I changed the subject.

Through bites and sips she told me that it was a yearly event to commemorate Sam's wife Isabel, who died in a car crash ten years ago. So near her birthday, he celebrates her life, with a "Winter Ball". Only those that are associated in the restaurant business are invited. Apparently, because of her love for the dining industry and dancing, Sam and her many friends have come to honor her this way.

"Wait a minute, dancing?" I questioned.

"Yes, dancing! Hope you're up to it, bucko." she replied with a smile.

"Oh, Lord!" I breathed.

The week flew by and soon it was the morning of the shindig. I worked on a new song over at a friend's house. By three o'clock we put the finishing touches on it and I headed home. I wanted to change before we left for the party up at the Snowbird ski resort. Kimmy had a "hair" appointment earlier in the day. Her car was in the garage and her room door was closed so I assumed she was getting ready as well. A few minutes later I was changed and ready to go. This time, the bathroom door was closed, so I got a can of soda out of the fridge.

"Do I look alright?" I heard her, behind me. I turned around and there appeared a beautiful vision in an emerald green, one shoulder gown. Her hair was done up with a few long curls framing her face and it was slightly more auburn than I remembered. I almost swore that the Goddess Artemis, from Mt Olympus had descended to earth and taken her place.

"Do I pass inspection?" she continued. My mouth was dry and I mumbled that I needed to get a soda out of the fridge.

"Why don't you drink the one in your hand, silly?" I looked down at the can and blushed.

"I'll take that as a yes!" she said triumphantly.

I drove up to the resort in moody silence . I kept thinking about the two of us, if someone had learned the truth about Kim, how would I look? I guess the interaction with her peers tonight, spurred my doubts. I know that she suspected that something was wrong, but to her credit she remained quiet. This was a shame too because I was starting to appreciate her in my life. Before she showed up everything was dull and boring. Funny thing, I never realized how bad it was until she arrived.

We walked into the Ball and I was very glad that Kimmy had insisted that I get the better suit. Although there was not a tux to be seen, everyone was still dressed to the nines. The wait staff bustled with champagne and Hors' d'Oeuvres. Guests milled around and a group approached us. They must be from Kimmy's workplace, I thought. They all commented how beautiful she looked and were introduced to me one by one. The group consisted of wait staff, Hostesses, chefs assistants and kitchen help. But they acted more like family than co-workers.

"Yes, my dear Kimberly, you are here and you are a vision! Hello Richard!" Sam shook my hand and thumped a huge paw on my back. His smile threatened to spilt his face. "Glad to see both of you! Richard do you mind if I borrow your beautiful date for a bit? There are some special people I want her to meet. I will return her shortly."

One of the hostesses that Kimmy introduced me to, a cute young Asian woman named Charmain, placed her arm in mine. "Don't worry Kim, I'll keep him out of trouble!" So Kim and Sam went one way and Charmain and I went another. "You will simply love the food! Every dish is designed to be portable so everyone can mingle." she offered.

The buffet was impressive, not that I recognized half of it. Small bites on small trays weren't what I considered dinner, but there was so much of it! The aromas were almost intoxicating. Crackers and toasted croutons held a menagerie of different treats. Platters of shrimp puffs, melon wrapped in ham or bacon and something called bruschetta lured me in. Time to eat, I thought, avoiding the caviar.

An hour and 2 whiskey sours later , Sam and Kimmy returned. "My sincerest apologies Richard, Kimberly has been such a big hit, we couldn't cut our mingling short." Sam beamed with pride.

"Richard, Sam introduced me to so many people tonight. I'll never be able to remember all those names."

"How is food?" Sam noticed my plate.

"These are great!" I held the out the dish so Kimmy could help herself.

A couple that just arrived, caught Sam's eye. "You two have fun." The large chef walked away. "I have to go back to my rounds."

Kim munched on a morsel "This food is wonderful! The Pate' de foei gras is to die for."

I agreed with her. I didn't know what pati- whatever was. "I'm just glad that they didn't serve liver," I intoned.

Kimmy gave me a strange glance and quickly changed the subject. "Be ready, me fine bucko, the dancing is about to commence. "

The moment that I prayed, wouldn't come had arrived. I shifted my feet nervously. "About that, I don't know that I can."

"Not to worry Richard. I'll have you hoofing it like a pro in no time." Kim offered.

I didn't want to tell her about my misgivings. "I-- maybe we had better not."

"What's wrong Richard?"

"I don't know." I confessed. "Maybe it wouldn't look right."

Kim's demeanor shifted. I could tell that I hurt her. "Well, I wouldn't want you to do anything that you were uncomfortable with." she sniffed.

Her eyes became glassy and my heart imploded. "Kimmy-- look I didn't mean--."

"Didn't you?" she interrupted. "Feeling a little bit homophobic, are we? I didn't expect it from you." she snapped under her breath. That was it! She hit the nail on the head.

"Kimmy I didn't think that--."

"No." she spat. "You didn't think at all!" Tears started to flow in earnest.

"Look Kimmy---."

"Don't Kimmy me, Mr. Mason! I'll find my own ride home and I get my things tomorrow." And then suddenly she was gone.

What the hell just happened? I only suggested that we not dance together. What made her blow up. "Well, that was a swing and a miss." I said to no one in particular. A knot formed in my stomach and it was huge. I really hurt her. Why the hell did I do that? I wandered over to the bar to get another drink. This evening was swirling down the toilet fast and it seemed to be my fault.

Twenty minutes and another drink later, someone slapped me on the back. I turned around to find Charmane glaring at me. "What in the fuck were you thinking?"

"What do you mean?"

"Kim is in the ladies room crying her eyes out, you jerk!"

"W-why is she taking it so hard, Charmane?"

"You don't know, do you?" She stared at me incredulously.

"Know what?" I really had no clue!

"You big dope! Kim's in love with you! She's loved you for years."

Boom! That was when it all fell into place! I was the reason Kenny's Mom transferred to Colorado. I was the boy, Kenny/ Kimmy fell in love with! That's why she returned to Salt Lake. That's why she wanted to stay with me. The knot I swallowed seemed to expand.

"Look Charmane, you don't understand. It's---- complicated."

Quickly glancing around, she took hold of my jacket and mumbled that we needed to talk in private. With me in tow, we crossed the room and headed down a dimly lit hall. She shoved me through a door marked Janitor.

"What's so complicated about this Richard? That girl loves you. Sounds simple enough to me." she continued.

"It's difficult . I just can't tell you why."

"Are you talking about Kenny?" She quizzed.

I froze.

"Yes, I know Kim's a transsexual and who she use to be. She told me all about it. We have been doing a lot of talking. That's why she came home late so many nights."

I felt like a deer caught in the headlights of an oncoming car. It never dawned on me that she would confide in someone else.

"Want to know, why I know?" Her glare could have cut glass. " I notice in her purse that she was taking the same hormones I do. I know this because--- I'm transsexual as well."

"Uuuu--" I started.

"Ya, I'm a tranny." She spit "Do you believe me, or do I have to show you my dick?"

"Aaaa- no!" I choked.

"Look Richard; Kim has been in love with you forever and you're lucky to have her! Kim and I have only been friends for a short time, but she is the nicest, sweetest person I know. She's beautiful, caring, kind and definitely doesn't deserve this shit from you! She told me how handsome you were and how sweet and understanding you were. Well, frankly I don't see it!" She snorted.

I finally found my voice. "I don't know what to say Charmane." My head drooped.

"You had better figure it out, Richard. Because if you truly care for her, you won't give a damn what other people think." For such a petite person, she was very formidable. "Kim truly loves you. She talks about you all the time. 'Richard and I did this' or 'Richard and I did that.' She has a great head on her shoulders. She knows exactly what she wants and it's you. Not many people would wait for someone as long as she has."

Something in my gut told me to trust her. "Kim has been driving me crazy! My best friend shows up, one I've known for years as a guy. Then steps off the plane a total fox. She looks like a girl, acts like a girl; smells like a girl and feels like a girl. Christ! I even dream about her! I love having her around. She's so much fun to be with. My life feels like It's worth living again."

"Sounds to me like you're stuck on her ---and maybe even love her."

"I don't know Charmane."

"You're bright Richard. Add it all up. She's your best friend; You love being around her and you think she's hot. If Kim were a genetic woman, you two would be doing the freaky deaky every night and we wouldn't be having this conversation."

She was right! It shouldn't matter what others think! God, I have been an idiot!

My life has improved a thousand fold since Kim came back into it. I really do love her!

"You got two choices Richard. You can either walk away and loose your best friend forever, or you can 'Man Up' and go apologize to her."

"It's that simple Isn't it? I can either screw both of our lives up or I can admit to her that I love her." I decided.

She smiled. "Well, what you waiting for you big dope? Go get her, before she leaves."

I hugged Charmane, whispered thanks and bolted from the room. I ran down the hallway, tripped and went sprawling across the floor, right in front of Sam Travonti.

"I think we need to cut you off, sir." He looked quite stern.

"Where's Kim?" I blurted as he helped me up.

"She just left the building and I got the distinct impression that she was pissed. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that would you, Richard?"

"Actually I do. But I'm going to try and rectify it." I breathed.

"Hop to it man!" He barked. "She's got about a five to ten minute head start on you. I think one of the resort staff was going to take her home."

I was off and though the front door in nothing flat. A car pulled out of a parking space and was turned to leave. I misjudged the slickness of the asphalt and slipped again. I slid to a stop in front of the car, which managed to halt in time. I got to my feet as the dome light came on. There were two people inside, but neither one was my Kimmy. I mumbled an apology and waved them on. 'She must have left already' I thought.

*

"I really fucked up this time!" I vocalized.

"Aren't you done ruining my life yet?" came from behind me. I turned and Kimmy walked out of the shadows. She was about twenty feet away, but I could see that her eyes were dark from crying. Make up ran down her cheeks.

"I --." I choked as tears ran down my own face. "I was looking for my best friend. Have you seen her?" I stammered.

She softened a bit. "Maybe if you gave me her description." Her lip quivered. " I could tell you."

My tears flowed freely. "Well, she is about your height and build. She's wearing green gown and she's the most beautiful woman I have ever known." I took a step forward.

" I may have seen her. Does she mean much to you?" Kim also stepped forward.

I took another step. "Yes, she does." I choked . "I need to find her and tell her something."

"What would you say to her if you had the chance?" She took another step.

"I would tell her that I was an idiot and that I was sorry for what I said."

"If I see her, and I'm not saying I will, is there any other message, you want me to pass along."

"Please tell her I love her and my life isn't worth living without her; without you Kimmy." I corrected.

A heartbeat later she was in my arms and I knew that was where she belonged! Our lips collided, as my tears and her tears merged together. This felt so good and so right. All my worries were stupid and meaningless. Our lips parted.

"I love you so much Richard." she breathed. "I think I always have." She sobbed openly and unashamed, pressed up against my chest. I drank her scent in and silently vowed that I would never let this happen again.

"My heart knew that I loved you from the moment you stepped off the plane, Kimmy. It was my mind that had to catch up. I am so sorry I hurt you. " We kissed again. It was long and deep and true.

Applause broke out behind us. We turned to see practically the entire staff of La Trafois on the sidewalk. Sam was in the lead, beaming at the two of us. Charmane stood next to him smiling, tears staining her own cheeks.

I held onto Kimmy through ten songs, slow enough to declare the dance floor R rated. Her head lay against my chest and when the band finished playing, the lights turned back up. After the applause died down she looked up into my eyes.

"Not that I'm complaining, but that seemed like a lot of slow tunes in a row." She smiled.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I slipped the band leader two hundred bucks." I admitted. "Had to make up for lost time."

My reward was worth, every penny. After a few moments, we came up for air. "So, I guess this means that it's time to go home." Kimmy pouted.

"We could get a room here tonight if you prefer, my love" I suggested.

"Are you being naughty, Richard? Because if you are, I'll have to put you in time out."

"Is that a threat or a promise? I asked.

"You're going to have to find out for yourself. Besides, if I remember correctly you owe me a spanking."

The room's lighting was very dim and woman in my arms was very hot. Our tongues intertwined in spirit as well as physicality. It seemed like every inch of her was pressed up against me. Kim sighed when I played my lips down from her ear to the nape of her neck, soft kisses leaving a trail of shivers in their wake. I nibbled gently on her collar bone and traced a path to the other side of her neck. She turned in my arms so that her back was pressed against my chest. I blew gently in her ear and tracked it's edge with my tongue. Her hands grasped mine and she guided them to flow over the contours of her body. Kim's ass dug in to the amazing erection that she was giving me, as her hands drew mine to her gown covered breasts.

After a moment of exploration she moaned "You need to undo me baby." She whispered in breathless tones, her ass still grinding into my member.

I continued to nibble on her neck as the zipper on her gown separated. In a moment it was on the floor and my hands moved back to where they needed to be. Her dress must have had a built in bra, because her breasts were bare and surrendered to my soft caress. Using my thumbs and fore fingers, I softly tugged on her nipples as she continued to moan. Kim spun back around and her lips found mine again. Her hands however were devoted to another task. My pants dropped to the floor to lay with her gown and her fingers pulled the band of my briefs down to join the other clothing. She pushed and I fell backwards on the bed. My pants and socks were pulled from my feet, as if by magic. I slid my body back to the headboard. Standing at the foot of the bed, Kimberly wore only a g string and hosiery, the color of emeralds. What little light there was, showed off every curve on her beautiful body.

"You ready for me baby?" She growled.

All I could do was nod. My throat was much too dry to speak. She slowly crawled to me on all fours, a lioness in search of her prey! Up over my legs, her eyes locked on mine. Past my waist and chest her face drew close. The tip of her tongue traced from my Addams apple, up to my lips. Her mouth was scorching hot as it found mine and pulled me into a relentless kiss. I was so aroused that I feared that I would go off too soon and pull an 'American Pie'. Just when I felt her tongue swirl in my mouth, she pulled away and grabbed my dress shirt. Her muscles flexed and buttons flew everywhere.

"You won't be needing this!" she breathed. Kim still held my gaze as she licked both of my nipples. Lower to my navel and then to my--.

"Ahhh--" I groaned as her hand encircled my cock . She seem to marvel on how ridged

I was. Her tongue lapped the length of it on one side and then repeated on the other. I involuntarily held my breath as her mouth sucked in my member. Her eyes glued to mine as her lips pulled more of me in. Never in my wildest imagination could I have dreamed up a fantasy as erotic as this. Kim inhaled all of me and withdrew, her tongue swirling around the head of my cock. Then back down the shaft, her eyes fixed on mine. Over and over she continued, each time her hand fell into rhythm with her lips. I went over the edge and couldn't stop. Her eyes widened a bit as I spurted into her mouth. Her ministrations slowed and she pulled away after giving my cock one last lick and kiss.

"Mmm! That was so good baby."

"Kimmy--- I didn't mean to cum in---."

griffin57
griffin57
568 Followers