Building a Dream

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well Virginia I live east of Nacogdoches. It looks like we are both disembarking at Port Arthur. If you would like I can escort you to Beaumont before I return home."

Virginia smiled and placed her hand on Sam's forearm. "Oh, thank you Mr. Pritchard. I would appreciate that."

The remainder of the trip Sam spent in Virginia's company except for the time she was alone in her cabin sleeping. They never saw Vincent again. They both wondered how he managed to hide so well on the small ship.

After the ship dropped anchor in Port Arthur Sam knocked on Virginia's door. She opened it and fell into his arms. Her cabin was a mess. It had obviously been ransacked. Many of her clothes were torn and soiled. Many of her other possessions were ruined. She said, "Oh Sam. When I returned from breakfast I found this. Whoever did this found my money and jewelry. It's all gone Sam. I have nothing except the money that was in my reticule. I don't know what I'm going to do now." Sam stepped into the room. He gently moved Virginia to the bed and helped her sit. Sam knelt at her feet and said, "Well, the first thing we do is pack your belongings and get off this ship. Then we find some lunch and I will purchase a horse and buggy for our journey. I'm sure I can help you somewhat until you find your friends." Sam bent and began picking up Virginia's clothes. When she saw him handling her unmentionables she blushed and quickly moved to take them from him. She gathered the remainder of her things and repacked them. She and Sam took her carpetbag and trunk to the railing for lowering into the boat. Sam also carried his one carpetbag. They took the same boat into Port Arthur.

Sam hired a buggy to take them to a nice hotel the First Mate recommended. They obtained two rooms and Sam helped Virginia into hers. He said, "Virginia I'm going out to buy our buggy now. Would you do me the honor of waiting to sup until I return? I would feel better if I could enjoy the meal with you."

Virginia smiled and said, "It would be my pleasure sir."

It took Sam two hours to purchase the horse and buggy. He then walked back to the hotel after making arrangements to pick it up early the next morning for their trip home.

Sam and Virginia were seated in the dining room when her face turned white. She gasped and Sam asked what the problem was. "I thought I saw Vincent in the lobby."

Sam stood and walked rapidly into the lobby. He didn't see Vincent and walked to the front door. He looked both ways on the walk and didn't see him either. Finally he returned to the table where he found a very upset Virginia. Vincent was sitting in a chair he had pulled from another table. He once again had his hand wrapped around Virginia's wrist and was talking to her quietly but urgently. She was pulling against his hold.

Sam walked up to Vincent and said, "Let her go now and get out of here. If I see you around her again I'll kill you."

Vincent stood rapidly and pushed Sam away. He yelled, "How dare you make those comments about my wife." Vincent reached into his waistband and pulled out a small derringer. He pointed it at Sam. Just as his finger began to tighten on the trigger Virginia pushed him. That disturbed his aim just enough to almost miss Sam. Sam, however didn't miss. He pulled his pistol and gave Vincent a double tap to the chest right over his heart.

Sam sat on the floor then slowly stood. He opened his coat and looked at the blood slowly seeping from his side and coloring his shirt red. He moved to the chair he had been using to eat. Virginia quickly opened his shirt and looked at his wound. It was almost a clean miss. The bullet merely gouged a deep furrow in Sam's side just under the skin. She grabbed a napkin and pressed it to the wound.

Before Virginia had the wound taken care of the city Marshall arrived. When the other patrons told him Sam killed the woman's husband after being warned off he was going to arrest Sam. It took several minutes for Virginia to convince the Marshall Vincent was not her husband and was, in fact attempting to kidnap her before the Marshall would leave.

Sam and Virginia were ordered to stay in town until the investigation was complete. Two days later, after checking with the First Mate on the ship and a telegram to Washington DC the Marshall finally ruled the killing justifiable and allowed Sam and Virginia to leave.

The trip from Port Arthur to Beaumont was unremarkable. Unfortunately when they arrived in Beaumont Virginia could not find the two closest friends she planned to look up and hopefully live with. Their business was closed and she was told they moved away. A third friend who was not as close to Virginia as the other two was now married and had no place for Virginia in her home. The night after finding out she made the whole trip for nothing found Virginia in a blue funk.

Sam made arrangements to take her to the best restaurant in town for the evening meal. After they finished their meal he looked across the table at Virginia and placed his hand on hers. He said, "Virginia I have to move on. I need to get home as quickly as I can but I can't leave you in this situation. Would you come home with me? We have a place for you. You can help with our business and live with us until something comes up."

"What do you mean live with us?"

Sam took a deep breath and said, "Well Virginia, I've become fond of you and I won't leave you alone here in this town with no way to support yourself unless you insist. My wives and I would be pleased if you came to live with us until you can find something more permanent."

"What do you mean your wives? Just how many wives do you have Mr. Pritchard?"

Sam spent several minutes explaining his living arrangement and that of the Phelps. As he talked Virginia looked more and more shocked. To his surprise Sam also noticed her nipples tenting out her bodice nicely. There was a flush on her chest and her breathing had accelerated. She was a fine looking woman. He felt his cock harden and forced his thoughts elsewhere.

That night Sam and Virginia were between towns when it was time to stop for the evening. He had planned for that eventuality however and bought food to cook and blankets to sleep in. While he was taking care of the horses Virginia (or Ginnie as she asked to be called) prepared the evening meal. After the meal Sam sat enjoying his coffee while Ginnie cleaned up the plates and put things away.

Sam was just drifting off to sleep when Ginnie came dragging her bedding over beside his. She flushed when he turned his attention to her but went about laying her things out beside his. She looked so demure when she asked, "Sam do you mind if I sleep closer to you please? I couldn't relax on the other side of the fire because I kept thinking about someone sneaking into camp and bothering me. Please Sam?"

Sam looked up at Ginnie and smiled. God she was beautiful. He would love to slip it to her. He fought his urge down and said, "Sure, no problem Ginnie. He watched her lay her ground cloth out then arrange her blankets. Every movement she made increased his desire for her. She was only wearing a light gown or slip and he could see her beautiful breasts wobbling around underneath. Her hard little nips were tenting out the cloth. When she bent over once he saw the swelling of her breast and her dark areola surrounding a diamond hard nipple. His cock surged to full arousal. He found himself surreptitiously rubbing his cock. Damn that felt good. He thought about going into the woods and whacking off.

Finally Ginnie was finished arranging her bed and lay beside him. Her blankets and ground cloth were right next to his but she did lay down about eighteen inches from him. Ginnie turned to Sam and smiled then said, "Good night Sam. Thank you for letting me sleep beside you."

Sam lay in the darkness for what seemed like hours before he managed to drift off to sleep. His mind was replaying the sights he had gotten of Ginnie and then giving him vivid pictures of her laying beneath him while he thrust his steel hard cock into her tight little pussy. The sounds of the horses cropping what little grass they could reach and moving about on their picket ropes provided background noise to his imagined love fest. From the occasional rustle coming from Ginie's blankets she, too was finding it difficult to go to sleep.

Dawn found Sam in a better place mentally. He woke to a soft moan. He knew the sound but was still trying to place it. He was warm and content. As he woke he felt his cock still hard but pressing against a most familiar place. His hand was filled with a pillow soft mass. A hard spot was centered in his palm. Sam moved slightly. He felt movement beside his thigh. A small gentle hand touched his cock and moved it slightly.

Sam felt a hot wetness and the body he was laying spooned up to moved, hips hunched downward slightly and he slipped into heaven. He heard a gasp and another moan. Without his conscious thought he allowed his body to take over. His hips thrust once then again and he slid his cock into a tight wet slot. There was another moan and hips began flexing and relaxing, working gently back and forth as he and Ginnie thrust and worked with each other. As Sam came fully awake his movements became more rapid.

By the time Sam was fully awake and moving fully into and out of Ginnie's hot box he could hear the slap, slap, slap of their coupling. Ginnie moved with him in perfect coordination. She was panting and moaning. He felt her pussy clamp down on his cock and she screamed out her pleasure. That was too much for Sam. He groaned and grabbed her hips. He thrust against her ass cheeks once, then again, and yet again. He slammed as deeply into her clasping cunt as he could rapidly six, then eight times. Her pussy was drenched in her womanly secretions. It repeatedly clasped his surging invading cock. With a loud groan Sam slammed into her one final time and held himself tightly to her beautiful ass while he pumped his seed into her.

When she felt him spend into her pussy Virginia began a ululating screech rising and falling in volume as yet another orgasm crashed through her. All at once her whole body relaxed as she fell unconscious. Sam held his position deeply imbedded in her body for a moment then slowly pulled his cock from her pussy. He gently rolled Ginnie onto her back and looked worriedly down onto her face. He moved stray hair from her face. Ginnie slowly opened her eyes and sighed.

When she saw Sam looking down on her Ginnie smiled and pulled his face down for a gentle kiss. She whispered, "Oh, Sam. That was wonderful. Thank you so much my love."

Sam's stomach lurched and his heart fluttered. Oh, Shit, he thought. What will Dove and Jane say about this? He leaned down and gently kissed Ginnie then moved back. Sam rose from the blankets and began preparing for yet another day of travel. While he hitched the team Ginnie made coffee and a light breakfast. Every time Sam looked toward Ginnie he could see the glow of love on her face.

This time when they were on the buckboard seat driving down the road Ginnie sat closely beside Sam. From time to time he felt and saw her look up at him. She was always smiling. Several times he felt her small hands move over and caress parts of his body. From time to time she would rest her head on his shoulder and sigh.

By late afternoon Sam and Ginnie were driving over ground Sam considered his. He hunted it and had fields spread around it. About a mile from his cabin they passed a field with people working in it. One of the bodies looked toward the road then shielded their eyes from the sun to take a better look. Sam heard them say something and all three of the others working there looked toward the road. The first two bodies began running across the field toward Sam and Ginnie.

Sam felt his cock stiffen. He stared hungrily at the two feminine forms running toward him. He watched their breasts wobble and shake underneath the blouses they wore. Sam stopped the carriage and untangled Ginnie from his arm. He jumped down from the carriage and moved to the edge of the road. Dove and Jane crashed into Sam and smothered him with kisses.

After several moments Sam gently disentangled the women from his arms and stepped back. By then Ginnie had dismounted the carriage and moved to stand beside Sam. She was smiling gently and reached out to rest her hand lightly on his forearm. Without thinking Sam wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her to him.

Dove and Jane looked quizzically at Sam. Without thinking he said, Jane, Dove, this is Virginia, Ginnie Blodgett. She'll be living with us now. Her husband was murdered in DC. We were on the same ship and I had to help her with some harassment problems. When she got back to Beaumont she found the people she intended to live with had moved away so I sort of adopted her."

Jane looked over at the couple standing in front of her and Dove. She snorted and said, "From the looks of things you did more than adopt her didn't you Sam Honey?"

Ginnie blushed and looked down at the ground. Sam pulled her tighter to his side and smiled guiltily. He said, "Yeah, I guess I did."

Jane moved to Ginnie and wrapped her in a hug. She stepped back and looked at the young widow then said, "Welcome to the family Ginnie. Come on, let's get you to the house and settled in."

Jane pulled Ginnie toward the carriage. Dove followed along behind Jane and Ginnie. Jane helped Ginnie into the back seat of the carriage then helped Dove in beside her. She turned to Sam and waited for him to help her into the front seat. Sam climbed in beside Jane and picked up the reins. Soon they were rapidly clip clopping down the road toward the cabin. Jane turned to the rear and began talking to Ginnie as Sam drove.

CHAPTER 6

Over the next several weeks Ginnie settled into the family. From the first night at the cabin she shared Sam's bed and cock with Dove and Jane. Finally in late summer Jane and Dove cornered Sam away from Ginnie. Jane put her hands on her hips and glared at Sam. She said, "Sam we're sick about what you're doing to Ginnie. When are you going to get your head out of your ass and give that girl what she wants?"

Sam was shocked. He stammered for a moment before he asked, "What do you mean? What have I done to Ginnie?"

"You've taken advantage of her. You've fucked her and treated her like a saloon girl Sam. We're all tired of it and think it's time you made an honest woman of her Sam. That woman loves you to death and you just ignore her needs."

"What does she need Jane? I thought we'd given her everything she needed. Let me know and I'll get it next time I'm in town."

Jane looked over at Dove and sighed. She held up her left ring finger and so did Dove. Jane said, "She needs one of these Sam. She needs a husband. Think you can handle that Sam or do I have to do that for you too?"

Sam looked at his two wives in shock. He felt guilty and scared. He grinned sheepishly at his two wives and shook his head. "I just never thought. I mean I hoped she would stay. I do love her. I guess I just assumed things were fine. I'll take care of it." He wrapped Dove and Jane in his arms. He gave each of them a deep kiss then they all returned to work.

On his next trip to Dallas Sam picked up a wedding set that nearly matched those Dove and Jane wore. When he returned to his home his women met him at the front yard boundary as they normally did. He hugged and kissed first Jane then Dove. Ginnie held back until the other two were finished with their greeting before she moved into Sam's embrace.

After they kissed Ginnie started to move away and return to her work. Sam refused to let her go. When she stopped and looked at him in confusion Sam reached into his pocket and pulled a box from it. He said, "Ginnie I have been an insensitive fool for the whole summer. I want to apologize to you and ask you a very important question. Two important questions in fact. The first is can you forgive me for taking so long to ask the second question. The second question is the most important one though. Ginnie will you marry me?"

Ginnie looked at Sam in shock then turned her attention to his hand. He was holding out a beautiful engagement ring. She looked over at Jane and Dove. Each of them nodded their head yes when their eyes met. With tears in her eyes Ginnie turned her gaze back to Sam. She asked, "Are you sure about this Sam?"

"Oh, yes. It would tear me up if I were to lose you or either of my other wives. I was a total asshole to let you live with us so long and not ask you to be my wife. I want it with my entire heart and soul Honey."

Ginnie smiled and jumped into Sam's arms. She cried out, "Yes Sam. Yes I'll marry you and Dove and Jane. I want to be your wife with all my heart. I've loved you since we began our trip home from Port Arthur at least. I have grown to love Dove and Jane too. Yes I'll marry all of you."

On his next trip to Nacogdoches Sam asked the minister of the church where he, Dove and Jane were married to perform the ceremony for Ginnie and the three of them. The old minister had moved on for some reason Sam did not know about. This minister, when he found out who Sam was, immediately ordered him out of his house. "I will not have anything to do with a sinner such as you. Get out of this church until such time as you can come here with a pure heart and repent your sins of the flesh sir. One man, one woman is the rule of our lord and should be the rule of the law."

By the time Sam left town that day many of the church members had managed to inform him of their disapproval of his living in sin. Fortunately the minister of one of the other churches in town did not hold Sam and his wives in such contempt. He agreed to come to Sam's farm and marry them on his rounds the next week.

The remainder of the summer and early fall passed uneventfully. In late November on one of his trips to Nacogdoches Sam stopped by the post office for their mail. To his great delight he had a letter from the U. S. Patent Office. When he opened it he let out a whoop of joy. All of the patent applications he filed for his tractor and farm implements were approved. He now held a patent for a tractor and the plow, seed drill, disc harrow, and cultivator attachments for it.

That evening Sam and his wives sat and discussed their plans for the future. They all agreed they did not want to move from their home. They also agreed they would have to do so if they wanted to manufacture the farm equipment themselves because there were no resources in eastern Texas to do so. Sam leaned back and said, "I can design new equipment here and send the plans off for prototype construction. I can even hire a few metalworkers and build the prototypes here then test them like I did with the tractor and implements. If my memory serves me correctly though John Deere has just formed his machinery company Deere & Company in Moline, Illinois. I propose to license my patents to them for an initial block of stock and a royalty on each machine they manufacture and sell.

"We can also continue Jane's work here on oil and its derivatives. If we can patent some of her work too we can live here on the farm and use it for a test bed for our developments as well as another income stream."

After even more discussion the small family agreed with all Sam's proposals. They even set the date for him to begin his travel to Moline for his attempt to license his patents.

Sam made his regularly scheduled trip to Nacogdoches the next day to deliver meat and eggs. While he was in town he sent a telegram trying to arrange an appointment with Charles Deere, John's son who had taken over running the company from his father. By the time he left town there was no response.

The next week when Sam returned to town he had a telegram waiting from Deere & Company. They did arrange a time for him to speak to Mr. Deere. The telegram also said they did not normally license to produce items; rather they produced their own designs. Sam decided to make the trip anyway.

1...456789