Come Monday

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How did you find me?" Claire asked.

"Morris gave me the address. He said he wasn't supposed to, but he did. I charmed him into it."

Claire smiled. "You always were a charmer. Charmed me, that's for sure."

"I think the charms went both ways with us."

"So, what brings you way out here to the country? I didn't think you'd ever want to see me again."

"Why would you think that?"

"Because I figured you thought I was some kind of whore. That's what most people think."

"Oh no, no, no, Claire, don't think that, I don't think that. I don't think that at all, please believe that." Lonnie licked his lips and slid his butt forward on his chair. "I was surprised at first, probably in shock, because you stood me up on the beach that day, and then told me you were pregnant and we couldn't see each other anymore. I was twisting in the wind for months, hoping I wasn't the father, hoping your husband was, just so it wouldn't make your life miserable. But then when I finally found out, long after, that your husband was not the father, but somebody else was, I, uh..."

Lonnie's shoulders sagged, he looked down at the floor.

"What, Lonnie?"

He raised his head, looked her in the eye. "I wished your baby was mine."

Claire stood up, looked out the window at the hanging strands of Spanish moss wiggling in the breeze. She turned to face him.

"Really?" she asked, incredulously.

"Yes, really," he said. "I didn't look you up and drive out here to annoy your mother and lie to you."

"Huh," she said as she sat back down. "Don't worry about Mom, she's just being protective. She must have sensed something good about you or she would have sent you packing."

They both chuckled. Claire asked Lonnie if he would like some iced tea. He accepted, assuming that was a good sign. She left, came back with two tall tumblers and placed them on the table between them, and sat down.

"I've missed you," Lonnie said, after sipping his tea.

"I've missed you, too," she said. "It was nice of you to come. Very unexpected, but very nice."

"So, tell me. Despite all that you've been through, how are you really doing?"

"Oh, I don't know. Okay, I guess. Just taking it a day at a time. Learning a lot of new things. How to be a mother, how to be a divorcee, how to forgive myself for being so stupid..."

"Claire, look," Lonnie said, "You have to give yourself a break. I have a friend who is a detective and he did a little research on that pastor. Reginald is not a good man. He found two other churches in two other states where he did the same thing, used God and the church to seduce and manipulate attractive young white women, and he got run out of town from all of them. And you're not the only one who got pregnant. The guy is smooth, I could tell that when I met him, he knows how to say all the right things. But he is a sleazeball. He's a predator, and you were one of his victims. My friend said he thought the guy probably drugged the women somehow too."

"Really?" Claire said softly. "Hmm."

"What?"

"I've thought about that," she said. "I didn't say anything because I thought it would just sound like an excuse."

"How do you mean?"

"Well, I couldn't remember things. He took an interest in the store, and then asked me to help him with some things after church on Sundays. I said okay, because my husband always played golf on Sunday afternoons anyway."

"Help you with what things?"

"Choosing materials for the study groups, stuff like that. That was kind of vague, I guess now we know why. But I was flattered that he took my position seriously and wanted my input. I'd go to his office, we'd have wine. He always had wine ready. He came on to me. I still can't believe I put myself in that position, but I responded to it, let it happen. I remember nodding out a couple times, would wake up on the couch in his office. He must have given me something. He was very anti-birth control too, fanatically so. He asked me to bring my birth control pills with me once. He washed them down the drain, said I didn't need them. I was shocked. He said, 'It's God's will, throw away the pill'." Can you believe that?"

Lonnie shook his head. "I'm sorry you had to go through that. At least it's over now, and you can heal, recover."

"Yeah. That explains why the church is paying me a lot of money. They don't want me to sue them."

"Really?

"Yep."

"Well, there you go. So stop beating yourself up. Think of positive things. Like this house here, it's a nice place to live in."

"I'm lucky in that way, yes. This guesthouse is rarely used, so my parents said I could move in. Not easy being so close, but it's just temporary. Till I figure out was comes next. I guess you heard about my husband."

"Yes. The consensus around town is that is couldn't happen to a nicer guy."

Claire just nodded, shrugged, and they sat in silence for a moment. Then the sound of a baby crying came from a back room.

She looked at Lonnie, and said: "Want to meet Oliver?"

"Sure. I'd love to meet Oliver."

He followed her into the bedroom, and over to the crib by the window. He looked down at the baby. His dark skin, curly black hair, wide nose.

"Cute little guy," Lonnie said. "He's got my ears."

Claire laughed, and put her hand on his shoulder as she did so. It was the first time they'd touched since their initial hug when Lonnie arrived.

"You are funny," she said. "Want to hold him?"

"I'm not sure I know how."

"Oh, sure you do." She picked up Oliver and handed him to Lonnie. "Here, like this."

He held Oliver daintily in his arms for a minute. The baby went from fussing to smiling.

"He likes you," Claire said. "But I have to change his diaper. I'll just be a minute."

Lonnie went back to the living room, sat down and drank the rest of his tea. Claire returned with Oliver and his bottle. She sat down to feed him. The phone rang.

"Do you mind?" she said, handing the baby to Lonnie. He fed the baby while she answered the phone.

"Hello, Mom...Yes, everything is fine...I know...We've been talking...It's okay, Mom...Okay, bye."

"Dear old Mom," Claire said, taking the baby back. "Looking out for her only daughter."

"That's what good moms do." He looked at his watch. He was surprised to see that they'd been talking for nearly two hours. He rose. "Well, it's probably time I got going."

"Lonnie, you don't have to. My mom is just cautious and overprotective."

"No, it's okay, I understand. I came here unexpectedly, and I appreciate that she let me see you. And I appreciate this time we had together, and the opportunity to see you again."

They walked to the door.

"May I ask you one question before I go?" Lonnie said.

"Of course," Claire said, half happy and half scared.

"Would you like to have dinner with me sometime?"

Her eyes widened, her lips pursed. "Really? Yes, I'd love to. When?"

"How about Monday? That always was our day."

Claire smiled, said, "I think that's perfect."

"Can you get a sitter?"

"I think Mom would jump at the chance. She wants to protect me, but she wants me to get out more, too."

"Good. I'll pick you up at six. I know a nice, funky little place on the river, far from town."

"Sounds just right," she said, with a sigh.

"Good. I'll see you then." He leaned in and kissed Claire on her cheek, then kissed Oliver on his forehead. "Looking forward to it."

He went out the door and walked to his car, half giddy. He meandered through the maze of the neighborhood until he found the gate. He hit the highway and headed home.

He felt like a schoolboy on prom night, floating on air. As he drove home, his mind was only partly on driving. It was mostly on Claire. He thought about how they met, and how well they worked together, and how she shared her secret with him, and how they met on the beach on Mondays. And how many times they'd kissed and licked and sucked and fucked and held each other. And now finally, after all of that, come Monday they would be going out on their first date.

***

***