Daisies in July

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I don't think I had ever been so filled with emotion in my life as I rushed to wrap my arms around him, pulling him tightly against me and, through tears of happiness, I managed to say what I had realized to be true myself. "I love you, Dan. I love you."

It was a college dorm after all so no one thought it really unusual that we locked into a long kiss right there in the lobby. When we finally broke apart I did manage to ask why he was here.

He smiled and finally said, "Well, I live here. Lisa, I transferred to OSU this year. I didn't tell you because I wanted to give you a chance to find out if you'd be happier meeting other men. I didn't want to rush you into anything."

Seriously I said, "You haven't, Dan. I think I fell in love with you the first time we met. No one else has interested me since." I gave him another kiss. "Where are you living?"

"I have a small apartment across High Street. Would you like to come see it?"

"I'd love to. Do you have a roommate?"

"Yes, but he's gone home this weekend. How soon will you be ready to come over."

I looked directly into his eyes. "Since last July." He smiled and took my hand as we started out of the dorm. I didn't come back until Sunday evening.

My freshman year was happier and more exciting than I could ever have imagined. Dan and I were together whenever we could be and happily his roommate went home a lot of weekends. On those weekends I lived in his apartment. I didn't actually move any clothes over there - in fact I generally didn't need clothes while we were there. We did do a lot of other things together besides sex, but we never tired of that.

The next July Dan again came to visit - for nearly a month this time. It was a wonderful time, one of the very good times and, as my mother had said, I did my best to enjoy it. In fact the wonderful good time has continued with only small interruptions of more somber feelings. Sophomore year I also moved into an apartment with one roommate. Between the two we could usually have an apartment to ourselves about two weekends out of three or four.

Spring break of sophomore year we went back to my place. The weather was still a little cool for making love outdoors - we'd wait until July for that - but we made good use of the house and not always in the bedroom. We did spend a lot of time out walking in the spring woods, though. One day we took a picnic out to the valley so Dan could see the carpet of lovely violets. The temperature was in the low sixties but it was sunny so we could be comfortable in jeans and light jackets.

When we had finished lunch we just relaxed in the sunshine, me on Dan's lap. We exchanged a few kisses and a couple of "I love you"s. As I lay my head back on Dan's shoulder he said, "Lisa."

I smiled up at him. "Yep, that's me."

"Lisa, I'd like to ask you something."

"Sure."

He took my left hand in his and brought something out of his pocket. I stared at the bright sparkle of the ring as he said, "Lisa, will you marry me? I love you."

I think my heart must have stopped for several beats and then my arms were around his neck and between kisses I was saying, "Oh, yes, Dan. I love you. I love you."

This next would be my junior year and Dan's senior and we decided to wait awhile before we actually got married but we got an apartment together that year. By the summer after my junior year we saw no reason to wait any longer and were married. We had the wedding back home with my aunt and uncle doing a lot of the work. Dan and I spent a week over at Cumberland Falls but then the rest of our honeymoon was at my place - now our place - much of it in the valley. By August we both had a very nice tan - all over.

My senior year and Dan's first in grad school were almost a continuation of that honeymoon. A very good time and we both did as much as we could to enjoy it. I honestly don't think there was ever a single day in which we both didn't say, "I love you." And it wasn't just words. Our actions said it as well and not just the physical side, although that definitely said it as well.

Dan completed his Masters the next year and I started on mine. Then one more as I finished mine while Dan worked for a local company. But by then he had proven himself enough to become independent and I, well, I had also done some free lancing and between the two of us we did quite well as independent programmers, working on contract for a number of different clients.

I had never lost my love of the mountains and Dan had come to love them as much as I do. Working as independents we could live anywhere so when we discussed it, a lot wasn't required to decide to move back here. Two years later Amber entered our lives.

Now I open my eyes and glance at my watch. "Amber," I call out. "Time to go get ready to go see your cousins."

"All right, Mommy," she answers and starts running towards me. Like when I was her age, she rarely goes anywhere at less than a run.

I take her hand and we start back towards the house. At the edge of the valley she stops and looks back. "Will the daisies still be there the next time we come?" she asks.

"Probably. But if not then the asters will be." She nods and smiles and turns to go.

As we come into the house her dad meets us. "Daddy," Amber exclaims, "There are a million daisies up there. Mommy says they may still be there next time. If not there will be asters."

"That's right, Pipsqueak.

'Asters in September

Frost before the snows fly

Violets in the springtime

Daisies in July'"

I hear my father's words and a little mist fills my eyes, but I smile at Amber's grin. Dan turns to me and says, "All finished and the program sent off." He comments, "Now we just wait for a check in the mail."

"Great. Now I'd better get Amber ready to run over to Don's."

"OK, I'll put a picnic supper together for us while you do."

Fifteen minutes later Amber and I get into the car and head out for the short drive. When I return, Dan is waiting with a small day pack and a blanket. "Let's go up to the valley. Our daughter says there are at least a million daisies there."

I laugh. "Sounds good to me." We head out the door and make the walk up to the valley. It doesn't seem quite as far as it used to when I was Amber's age, but it's still just as exciting.

Dan has an exotic meal: chilled shrimp, cubes of ham, chicken and cheese along with some raw vegetables and dip. And a chilled bottle of wine.

After we finish the food and are still sipping the wine from plastic cups, I tease, "What? No dessert?"

He smiles at me. "Oh, I thought we might eat each other for dessert." We both laugh.

The sun is just dropping below the tree tops. I set down my wine glass and survey the blooms of daisies and clover. Many more than a million I think. Then looking directly into Dan's eyes I start unbuttoning my shirt. When the last button is free, still looking at him, I spread my arms wide, take a deep breath and begin,

"Roll me oooover,

In the cloooover,

Roll me over in the clover,

Do it again, do it again."

Before I can start another verse Dan does exactly that.

As moonlight begins to make it over the trees to mix silvery light with the jet black shadows across our bare bodies I notice a hard to describe feeling below my stomach. For a second I think about the calendar. Yes, quite possible. A smile crosses my face along with the moon light. By next July Amber may well have a little brother.