Dan's Life

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I did get a double stroller and I was the one to push the kids. I didn't let anyone else have my job. Every time we came to an animal we could feed I walked over and bought some of the food, peanuts and whatnot so the kids could feed them. Most of the food didn't make it near the animals but the kids were having a blast with their grandpa. That's all I cared about.

We went into the petting animals farm and I kept giving the kids food for the animals. They wanted to make sure every one of the animals got something. Beth and Mike had their cameras and were snapping pictures like crazy. I looked up at the cameras and I think everyone saw the happiness in my face. At that moment I was probably the happiest man on earth. Life was good, especially with family around.

I rode back with Mike and Rachel. They sure did make a nice couple. I was really proud of him and told him so. We were having some nice conversation and Mike asked me a question. "Got any good advice for me, dad?"

I thought for a moment and then told him, "Mike, always put your wife and child first in your life, before jobs, money, or anyone else. But most of all love them like there is no tomorrow. That's the best advice I could give you, son."

I got a little emotional till Mikey started talking about the zoo. I promised him we would go again soon.

Mike said, "How's your back, dad?" He was smiling and so was Rachel.

"Fine, Mike. Why do you ask?"

"When I used to sleep on Aunt Thelma's couch, it used to really hurt my back. I was just wondering if your back hurt you."

"The cots in prison are pretty uncomfortable. I guess I got used to it." I smiled, and so did Mike and Rachel.

"We love you, dad, and hope the best for you," Mike said. We stopped at a MacDonald's to eat and let the kids play. I told Mike it was fine with me. Even their food was better than what I was used to. After we ate, we headed home.

Back at Thelma's, we kissed everyone goodbye and told them we would see them sometime during the week.

Chapter 4: Starting over

Thelma and I got back to the house and we were a little tired. Lots of sex, not much sleep and then walking around the zoo all day. I told Thelma I should probably go back to my apartment because I had to go see about my job the next day and besides we both could use the rest.

"Do you really have to go, Danny? Can't you get dressed here in the morning and take the bus from here. I don't want to say goodnight to you, Danny. If you don't want to make love tonight, that's alright. We can still cuddle."

'Thelma, that's my problem right now. You won't be able to get any sleep and will be going to work tired and worn out. If I sleep with you tonight there is no way I can keep by hands off you. I want to make love to you, in fact as tired as I am I could make love to you right now."

"Then let's do it, Danny. It's seven o'clock and if we start right now we can go to bed and by nighttime we will be ready for sleep. You see, Danny, I want you as much as you want me right now."

We locked the doors, turned off the lights and went to bed for the night. Thelma was right, by ten o'clock we were both fast asleep until the alarm clock went off in the morning.

I got up first and showered and put on my new clothes. By then, Thelma was up and in the shower. As she stepped out to dry herself, I walked in and kissed and pulled her against me. I told her to have a good day at work and I would see her later. I walked to the bus stop and headed to the hardware store.

Jim was there to greet me and invited me into the office. He told me he had all kinds of information for me. To begin I could have one of two jobs. I could have my sales job on the road with a big salary and incentives. The bonding company saw no problem because my prison sentence had nothing to do with money. In no time, I could be back on my feet. The second choice was I could work in the store. My wage would only be about nine dollars an hour. That would be less than half what I would make on the road sales. He would give me incentives for large appliance sales which would help some.

"Now about your 401k, it's accumulated to over one hundred forty thousand dollars," Jim said.

"My God, Jim, I had no idea it would be worth so much. How did that happen?"

"According to the account administrator, your investments split a number of times and you left them to accumulate and gain interest. The down side is if you take any of it, it would be taxable income and also carry a 10% penalty tax. You can have your money in a few days. If you want to talk to him, here is his name and number. He's right down the street at the bank. As far as the job is concerned I need to know which one you are going to take."

We filled out the paperwork for the job. I filled out the bonding papers also since Jim told me the bonding company had said as long as I handled money I needed to be bonded. So either position I had the paperwork to do. I had mentioned that I would like to go see the bank guy and see what options I had. I needed transportation and had to get a drivers license. On Tuesday I had to see my parole officer and update him on my life.

Jim and I decided I could start work the following Monday. That way I would have time to get a driver's license and be able to make deliveries. I asked Jim if I could borrow his car or the delivery truck if I needed a road test. He had no problem with that and told me to just stop back when I needed it. He would even drive me there if needed. I never realized what a good friend and boss he was. He didn't turn on me like a lot of people did. He was a man I respected and I knew I would work hard for him. Apparently he believed it too.

That evening I took the bus back to Thelma's. I knocked on the door and she came to it. "Why are you knocking, you old coot? Come on in. How did your day go? I want to hear everything."

"Tell me about your day first. I want to hear about your day too. Tell me everything," I replied.

"Okay, I'll go first. Everyone at work said they had never seen me so happy. They all wanted to know what happened in the last few days to make me look and act so young and to glow like I was. I told them an old friend moved back into town and I spent some time with him. They told me I ought to marry the guy if he could make me feel and look this good. Okay, it's your turn."

"Let's see, where do I begin? I got a job today. I start next Monday." I explained to her my two choices. Big pay and on the road sales or nine dollars an hour and work at the local store nine in the morning to five in the afternoon."

"Which one did you take, Danny?" she asked.

"Let me tell you about the rest of my day first and then I'll tell you. I never told anyone but I had a 401k that was never cashed in. The problem is any money I take out of it will be penalized. I'll tell you more about it in a few minutes."

"What are you doing to me, Danny, making me wait for the rest of the story?'

"It all ties together, just bear with me. I got my driver's license today also. Jim let me use the company truck to take my driver's test. Would you believe I got a probationary license. Geez! A forty-nine year old man with a probationary license. Now I need a vehicle. When I get done with our talk, you and me are going to find me a little truck."

"Where are you getting the money for that, Danny? You didn't cash in all your retirement, did you?"

"Okay, Thelma, let me explain. I had nothing but a few hundred dollars a few days ago. So, any money I have now is money that was unexpected. I want to help my family, my kids. I want to help you if I can, I want a vehicle to get around in. I don't like taking the bus."

Thelma was waiting for the rest. "Come on, Danny. What did you do? Enough suspense already."

I smiled, "I took out ten thousand dollars for each of my kids. You have to understand that I've done nothing for them in a long time. It's not a great amount of money but I'm sure they could both use it and maybe Beth could stay home more with Danni if she wants to. I know Mike could use his for his business or personal use. That will be up to him."

I looked over at Thelma who had tears in her eyes. She knew I had to do this. Pride means a lot to a man. I wanted some of mine back.

I continued, "I took twenty thousand more and opened up a savings account in mine and your name. You need to sign this card and return it to the bank. I want about nine thousand or so to buy me a little truck to get around in. The rest of the money is for anything you feel we might need. So you know, there was over one hundred forty thousand dollars in my account. I left the rest of it there for retirement. I can get it after I turn fifty-nine and a half without penalty."

"What about the job, Danny. Which one did you take and what does it have to do with the savings account?"

"I was going to apply under emergency funding and hope I can get past the penalty. It's fifty-fifty right now whether I'll get it. I can save a bunch on the taxable part if I were married. My tax on it would be more than cut in half."

Thelma was looking at me kind of strangely. "Okay, let me get this straight. I want to make sure I understand this. We make love for three straight days and I think you are asking me to marry you so you can save money on your taxes. Is that about right?"

"Yep, it's right as far as you went. Thelma, I realize I really do love you. Not just the sex which is great but for the inner person who is Thelma. The woman with the big heart, she's the one I love. As far as the job goes. If you agree to marry me, then I'll take the nine to five job. That way I won't ever be away from you overnight. If you don't want to marry me, then I might as well be gone most of the time and make more money. My kids will still be here on the weekends when I come home."

Thelma was crying, "You big lughead, of course I'll marry you. I would even have married you so you could have had your tax savings. God, I love you so much, Danny."

Conclusion:

Well, I took the nine to five job. Got myself a little used pickup truck for about eight grand. I gave each of my kids ten thousand dollars each. They both thanked me and said they appreciated it very much and would put it to good use.

Beth only works two days a week now and Thelma watches Danni those two days. Ed got his welding apprentice and his income took a big increase.

Mike's business is booming. His computer business is in high demand. He is able to turn down any overnight jobs. He said he didn't want to be away from Rachel and Mikey. I don't blame him.

As for me and Thelma, We got married the following weekend. I had to postpone my starting the new job for a week. We went on a short honeymoon to the Pocono's, saw the sights by day and made love by night. That's one thing we never stopped doing - making love. We may have to cut back a little though. You see Thelma is forty-two but she's now carrying our baby. Isn't life great!!!

*

Thank you for reading my story. I hope you felt as good reading it as I did while writing it.

Your comments are always welcome

DG Hear