All Comments on 'Dear Mother: The Search'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Another first rate story

You are becoming one of my favorite authors. I can't wait for the next chapter,but please don't abandon the loving wives/cheating wives genre.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
been waiting

for this. and it was worth the wait. again, it showed what a great storyteller you are. anticipating the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Curse you!!!

For making us wait. Great story. Thank you for continuing it. Mike

ne_summitne_summitabout 16 years ago
Flying First Class

Damn!!

Another great story in the works!!!

Blue Summit

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
if you didn't write this the first time

the story ok,but the common sense behind the next chapter sounds dumb.people beg you to write this chapter and you didn't finish it,what with you.teasing 101 is crap.for me you could left it like it is.the more you write about this story the plot change.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Please finish it

I did like the story, but it needs a finish.

bruce22bruce22about 16 years ago
Very Good

I liked the original story, but thought that you did

not want to continue. Now I am a bit worried about when

Ron will reappear again.

In general the story was well written, structured, and paced. But I have to admit that your choice of a break point seemed

highly artificial. Hope you have time to continue soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Great

For some reason I found it hard to start reading this story. However, I found it to be a most enjoyable reading experience. I hope you do follow up on it. Sometimes these stories seem to take on a life of their own.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
great...

chapter! Please continue the novel. It's a great coming-of-age story. It doesn't matter that there's little sex; the plot more than makes up for it. I hope you show us whether he'll enlist in the service and/or will he find Penny or end up with another girl. This is the first story that I have read from you and it makes me interested to check out your others too. Good luck & keep on writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Next chapter please.

Im hooked. Please continue.

bruce22bruce22almost 16 years ago
Yep it is a soap opera, a good one

The central character is interesting and the details are

well done. Thank Coaster

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 13 years ago
Great

Really good read, thanks a bunch! Most authors seem to avoid the Possibility that some folks end up in an affair because they were driven to it.

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Re-Reading

Enjoying this very much, remembered quite a bit as I went along, not enough to ruin the surprises.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Fault?

Even if his father WAS having an affair, his mother didn't know that so she has no real excuse for her cheating other than her general unhappiness in the marriage, and that still doesn't justify an affair.

And even if she DID know about his affair, that STILL doesn't justify a "revenge" affair, she should just divorce HIM!

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
GROWING UP

Sometimes means Really Growing. TK U MLJ LV NV

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Thoughts

There are some inconsistencies with the first story:

Here Ron says he sent his father two letters, in the first, one letter went to his mother, and the SECOND went to his father.

Here he says she’s staying with an old “friend”, Aunt Hilda. In the first one it was her actual Aunt (I assume actual since she left Ron an inheritance. And here he says she’s STAYING with Aunt Hilda, while in the first Aunt Hilda has died.

Ron says he narrowed his schools down to three, then only names two!

“I was upset at what he had done to cause Mom to do what she had done.” – What his father did didn’t strictly speaking cause his mother to cheat since she didn’t know what he did.

Again, here Hilda isn’t really an aunt and is alive, while in the first story she died and was enough of a relative to leave him an inheritance.

It’s been years since I used a phone book, and I can’t remember how often they came out, but his mother’s been gone for MONTHS and that’s not long enough to be listed in the phone book?

Earlier he says that Penny MIGHT be looking for another guy, and that it would hurt though he couldn’t blame her, NOW he’s saying that he TOLD her to find someone new.

johsunjohsunalmost 3 years ago

Good story, unfortunately I read this chapter last since Lit puts stories in alphabetical order, it showed the third one as the next after the first chapter. I thought something was missing as I read the last chapter and now I have all the info. A five star story.

xtremeddxtremeddover 2 years ago

Howed I like it? A lot!

To me, Very clear story and writing.... kinda reminds me of J.C. Jay Canfield. Great well told story. Continuity is missing but I'd "read around and edited" the errors. coaster2 you're a personal favorite and I'd rather read a great entertaining story so thanks for sharing your hard work with us on Lit.

note: sbrooks103 tenor of his comments was spot on though (he edited and read around it too I thought.... hope it was enjoyed and smiled like I'd done)

x

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman8 months ago

Not bad but a little too long for what happens. Hard to imagine his Father never sent him any $ in 3 years.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A pretty good little tale. I think the one plot point that confuses me most is how his father seemed to treat him after his Mom left — with almost rabid ambivalence! The guy just didn’t seem to care about his son. Was totally uninvolved with the whole process of choosing a college. And then when the choice was made, did virtually NOTHING to help his son out. And once son was gone — no communication….even BEFORE Ron sent his letter.

.

And Ron goes 4 years of college not figuring out what he wants to do? In the early 60s?

.

Still…enjoying the story, and now get to find out how and why he reconnected with Penny.

.

4 ****

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous