All Comments on 'Dexter's Renaissance Ch. 05-06'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
MORE ENLIGHTMENT

mixed with modern alchemy and magic wands. TK U MLJ LV NV

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Nice Smooth Delivery

Great detailing of how to make the business world work. So far the story lacks of rival for our hero. I guess that got used up with Randall. This is interesting and fun for me but I imagine that others will complain about the lack of erotism!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Becoming a guilty pleasure

It's becoming a pleasure to read this story as Dex's renaissance unfolds.

<P>

My only (minor) criticism is that Ch. 05-06 was too short. But we can't have everything.

<P>

Thanks for writing

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzover 12 years ago
I like...

what you have done so far. I eagerly await the rest of your story.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
I also enjoyed reading this

I can't want to see what Dex does next

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
loving wives

Loving wives i don't think so boring yes very.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
The Story Shifts Gears Drastically ! So far , so ....adequate.

It seems like Sandra's in the rear view mirror. Now the narrator bounces to next challenge. The wheelings & dealings of the business world can be quicksand for a story but Coaster has the skill to keep things afloat.

Yet man does not thrive on winning interoffice political battles alone. Hopefully there is a appreciative & attractive woman in Dexter's future preferably in next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Excellent

Coaster2 I really enjoy this story. I like that it is taking time to develop Dex's story and life and the after affects of the hit he took.

I also like that this is not a "burn'em at the stake" type of story but one where prices are paid, and people move one.

Cannot wait for the next episode.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Waiting

Looking forward on pins and needles impatiently waiting for the promised continuation

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Cadd & Engineering

I really enjoyed your stories. You may never know how hard it is to get Cadd and Engineering to talk and work with each other. Great to see others know the problems.

willerileywillerileyover 12 years ago
Enjoyed & Learned a Lot

Great read! I really enjoyed it even w/o a focused continuation the personal, emotional issues. I know nothing about the work of the firms but I was aware of CADD'S.

lagrimas458lagrimas458over 12 years ago
Very good insight

As a Professional Engineer I have had considerable interactions with designers/CADD designers. It is enjoyable to see someone write a story that deals with this very important part of the engineering/design process. I am enjoying the entire story and keep wondering if my private writings have been made public. Keep on writing.

count2threecount2threeover 12 years ago
Somewhere I have read this story much better.

Sorry but your writing style just doesn't do it for me. The red line is there but you just don't have the imaginative skill to flesh it out. My Opinion.

ParPlus10ParPlus10over 12 years ago
Count2three

Yes you have read this story before. Coaster posted it on another site. And it was not any better just because it was there. Coaster is a top author on both sites.

It amazes me how you can criticize good work but can't even get your facts right.

Coaster I can't think of any of your stories that have not been very good; just my opinion.

Thanks for the good read.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Excessive Fluff...

Needs more actual story.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
Does this guy have a halo

Around his head. Because he sure seems like a saint.

norcal62norcal62over 10 years ago
Interesting to read about a character with his feet on the ground.

No complaint either, with including industrial management relations in the story.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

Excellent plot development. Five stars.

Tim413413Tim413413almost 10 years ago
Loving it! 5 more stars!

Some of the best writing/editing/proofreading I have seen in LW stories. Have we seen the last of the twins? How old is the widow of the deceased Trent partner?

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
three different stories so far

we started with Sandra, the email discovery, the subsequent drama and intrigue. We then took a three hours cruise to a tropical island with twin amazons. And are now on a new adventure in soggy Toronto doing corporate management 201. Will we ever see Dex reunite with his children? Visit the Dynamic Duo? or have a happy and fulfilled life? I hope so.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
THE OLD HE LIKES ME BETTER THAN HE LIKES YOU

sorry Dad, is it true. TK U MLJ LV NV

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
@UndrApprctd

I don't understand your criticism.

I don't see any "fluff" at all, it's pretty much "Just the facts, Ma'am!"

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Sex

I'm pleasantly surprised that unless I missed it, there has been no criticism for the minimal sex in the story.

A lot of writers would feel the need to include at least ONE sexual encounter in each chapter, but Coaster2 is confident enough in his writing ability that he obviously doesn't feel he has to pander to the readers!

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
UN HOSTILE TAKE OVER

more like a renovation with smiles. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Sandy Was Randy And Dex Got No Sex

The lack of affect on Dexter's part that was a pervasive feature early on in this series was something of a turnoff. It's hard to really get into the story if you can't feel the guy's pain. But the funny thing is that the author is keeping a breezy pace going with various points of interest that keep the story rolling effectively.

Still, one feels that the story needs some blowups, some fist-clenching, or something! Somehow, the egregious - no, downright sociopathic - thinking and scheming of the wife needs some counterbalance in the storyline. Sorry, the Dutch threesome wasn't enough to distract me.

And in that regard, the dialog between the characters seems great, except between the husband and wife - then it seems positively wooden. Something is wrong. The husband is just to cool and lacking in affect.

One feels that all of a sudden there is going to be a boomerang effect of some sort!

When he meets with the wife and she looks at his offer of terms, she's saying it's not fair. He acts like they are playing bridge or something. Weird!! Then when he finally calls to get her opinion she sounds like Siri reading off a cue card. Maybe she went full retard.

In all other respects this is real nice. It bristles!

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 7 years ago
What happened to the twins?

One thing missing is Dex keeping in contact with the twins and thinking about them, as it is now, it comes across as if he has cut all contact with them, which makes no sense in the modern world we live in.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
the surface appears calm

But he is stirring up the water. How soon will everything blow up?

If my math is close, it would only take one of the 3 local partners to shift the stock balance.

Will we meet the widow any time soon?

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Bridge

Nothing much going on here.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
Tension died.

I agree with previous commenter. Nothing really going on here. Tension died after chapter 4. Still very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
It's very boring

I don't think it's worth continuing

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Good, interesting story. Dex seems to be a good guy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Unbelievably boring. This is just a very sketchy portrayal of a guy's first few weeks on a new job. As interesting and exciting as watching milk curdle.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It is exaggerated here for dramatic purposes but the business climate in Vancouver vs. Toronto is truly marked. Vancouver is more in line with LA while TO sees its self as New York and is much more buttoned down and formal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm giving you 5 stars. I like your development of personal relationships regarding business and motivating people to work together. As a resident of Calgary and formerly in BC and Manitoba, I get the attitude difference in Toronto. A story that doesn't include character development is boring to me.

lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

so he had the chance to bang twins the rest of his life and turned it down for a job that pays marginally better, but has twice the work load?

tangledweedtangledweedover 1 year ago

It seems a bit strange that he put his twin lovers behind himself so easily, considering how important they were in the last chapter, but not surprising considering the clinical and logical way the MC processes problems. As someone who has spent more than a little time in engineering and design offices, I found these chapters very interesting. There is a hidden hierarchy in the engineering world, where some, but not all, think of their iron rings to be the equivalent of the pope's ring. The unwashed masses should kneel and kiss their rings to honor them.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous