Don't Look Like a Seal Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

T.J. took the card, pocketed it and thanked Alex.

"Yeah thanks," Ramon said. "Hey, get in touch with Grayson and tell him we're in town so we can get together tonight."

"Sounds good," Alex nodded. "I'll see what I can do if I can get you guys to do me a favor. Make sure Scott's fiancée Lissa..."

"We met her at Christmas. Lissa's a really sweet girl," T. J. informed him.

"Okay, that's even better," Alex said. "Make sure Lissa goes home with her friend. We need to take care of her while Scott isn't able to."

"We're on it, don't worry about a thing," T.J. assured him.

"Yeah, Lissa's a sweetheart. It's the least we can do for her," Ramon echoed.

"I've got a guy with her and one with Scottie too so you know how serious you're going to want to take this thing," Alex told them.

* * *

"It's no trouble at all, Lissa," Michelle told her friend as she gathered Lissa's discarded clothes from the floor then dumped them in the washing machine. "That thing in Orlando was practically a vacation for me anyway. Everything they were showing us I already knew from my interning."

"Of course you did," Lissa called back from the nearby bathroom. "I'm still pissed at you by the way."

"You needed a break from the hospital, Lis. Not to mention a shower, a change of clothes and something to eat that didn't come from a vending machine," Michelle shouted back so she could be heard over the shower.

"I went to the cafeteria with you!" Lissa argued as she soaped up her body.

"You had half a salad that I had to force you to eat four bites of," Michelle pointed out. "Once I figure out how your washer works I'm fixing you something more substantial to eat."

"What are you doing with my washer?" Lissa asked.

"Never you mind, just shower and I'll figure it out." Michelle answered her. "I'm working on a PhD. I can make this thing work."

"That Steve guy that Alex sent along might be able to help you out," Lissa suggested with a smile.

"Oh I'm sure that he would be a huge help," Michelle called back. "He would probably try and stare it into working then shoot it for not complying."

Michelle finally got the washer to do what she wanted then headed to the kitchen to search for something she could quickly make for Lissa.

"You're doing too much," Lissa told her as she stepped into the kitchen.

Michelle looked up from the fridge at her friend who was standing there with a towel wrapped around her damp body.

"I tossed your clothes in the washing machine but can't find anything to cook you. That isn't a lot, Lis," Michelle told her.

"Michelle, you dropped everything and hopped on a red eye flight to be with me. I consider that a lot," Lissa shared.

Michelle shrugged her slim shoulders then stepped over to the pantry and opened it. She moved a box of crackers and some cans out of the way then shook her head.

"I should go to the store for you too because you don't have a whole lot to chose from in here unless you want soup," Michelle told her.

"I'll send T. J. or Ramon to do that for me, Michelle. They are dying for something to do and that will give them a reason to get out of the hospital for awhile. You just plan on staying near me in case I need you, okay?" She asked.

"I'll stay right beside you for as long as you need me," Michelle assured her and hugged her.

"Are you sure it's cool with your job that you left that training thing? I don't want you to get in trouble at work or school," Lissa said.

"It was practically over already so don't worry about that. You have enough going on right now," Michelle assured her.

Lissa nodded and her eyes welled up with tears as she thought about Scott. Michelle pulled her into her arms and held her close while she cried.

"It's okay, Lissa. It's okay, just let it out," Michelle said soothingly as she held her tight.

The dam of emotion that Lissa had been holding in crumbled as she stood there desperately grasping her friend like she was a life preserver in a tumultuous sea. Lissa tried to rein her emotions back in several times but failed each time when the image of Scott lying in a pool of his blood flashed into her head. Michelle held her and rubbed her back like a mother would do to sooth a crying child.

"I'm sorry, Michelle," Lissa apologized after she got herself under control better. "There I go crying on your shoulder just like in high school. I've soaked your shirt and everything."

"It's just water, Lis," Michelle smiled. "I'm all right. I'll just borrow a shirt from you if that's all right?"

"Of course, you know you can always borrow anything of mine." Lissa returned the smile.

"I might stretch it out a bit," Michelle warned her and Lissa giggled.

"That's right Michelle, brag about how big your boobs are while I'm all weepy," Lissa shook her head.

"I wasn't bragging, Lis," Michelle said. "I was just saying."

"I know sweetie, I know and thank you for the laugh. Let's go upstairs and find you a shirt that I don't want back," Lissa smiled.

"Now who's making jokes?" Michelle asked as the pair headed upstairs.

In the bedroom she shares with Scott, Lissa looked through the closet and pulled out a couple of blouses then laid them onto the bed for Michelle to choose from.

"Lis, a t-shirt is plenty good enough for me," Michelle told her.

"We aren't going to find you a man if you go around in a t-shirt," Lissa explained.

"Not this again," She sighed as she peeled off her wet shirt then dabbed her front dry with it. "I'm still not ready to jump back into the dating game just yet."

"Uh huh," Lissa said while she ignored her words and handed her a blouse. "Put this one on."

Michelle complied by putting on the shirt. She knew that arguing with Lissa would be pointless and she had to agree that the blouse did go well with her jeans.

"Do you feel a little better now?" Michelle asked as she ran her fingers through her own blonde hair to fix it.

"About how you're dressed or something else," Lissa asked.

"You know what I'm talking about, Lis," Michelle told her.

"I've had to hold it in since this happened but I just couldn't anymore. He got shot three times, Michelle. Right in front me of. He could have died. I thought he was dead," Lissa confessed.

"Scottie's a tough guy, Lis. You know that better than most," She assured her. "This will end up being just another story that he tells. You know the ones I force him to share with us when you take me out with you guys."

Lissa looked at her friend's face and the reassuring smile that Michelle has on her face.

"Yes my baby is a tough one. Thanks for being such a great friend to me even if I haven't always been so great back to you, Michelle," Lissa said.

"You're my sister, sweetie. You weren't supposed to always be nice to me," Michelle laughed.

"Addison got so mad when you started wearing contacts and everyone started thinking that you and I were sisters," Lissa laughed.

"I remember that, she almost dyed her hair blonde but we managed to talk her down," Michelle smiled at the memory.

"Step away from the peroxide Addison and everything will be fine," Lissa mimed a bullhorn by cupping her hands to her mouth then they both started laughing.

"I was afraid that she would show up at school with a head full of dyed blonde hair and we'd suddenly be triplets," Michelle giggled.

"Oh, you're one to talk about hair dyeing Miss I think purple hair will be a great idea," Lissa called her out.

"It was a phase. Not a good one granted but a phase," Michelle argued sending her friend on another fit of laughter.

Once she had composed herself Lissa pulled Michelle into another hug and squeezed her tight.

"Thank you, sweetie," Lissa whispered. "You have no idea just how badly I need that."

"Glad I could help," Michelle whispered back. "Now get dressed and let's get you back to Scottie."

Lissa nodded, grabbed another blouse from the bed and a pair of jeans from a nearby chair. As she was getting dressed she turned to Michelle.

"I don't know what I would do without you and Addison being with me through this," She told her.

"That's what friends do, Lis," Michelle told her. "One of us will always be here for the others, that's just the way it is."

"Yes we will," She nodded. "Anytime you need me for anything you let me know, okay?"

"You know that I already do that and I will continue to do so until you are sick of me," Michelle assured her.

"I will never be sick of you, sweetie. That's not possible." Lissa smiled.

Lissa snapped her jeans closed, glanced in the mirror quickly and deemed herself good enough then nodded at Michelle.

"We have to get you something to eat before we go," Michelle reminded her.

"Can we maybe hit a drive thru on the way back," Lissa suggested then noticed Michelle's glare. "I'll get something more substantial than a salad, I promise. I don't want to be gone too long from Scott's side. I feel like I need to be there when he wakes up. It's crazy, I know."

"You love him, Lis. If someone I loved was in the same situation, I'd want to be there when he woke up too," Michelle shared. "It's not crazy."

"The crazy part comes when part of me wants to be back just in case some hot nurse tries to give him a sponge bath," Lissa shared.

"He only has eyes for you, Lis," She tells her. "Remember that just because I'm the quiet one doesn't mean that I'm not paying attention. Watching Scott with you is how I want my next guy to be with me. He is head over heels in love with you."

"You may be the quiet one but you make us all proud, I hope you know that and I don't just mean cutting your trip short to come home and be with me," Lissa said. "I mean you're making your own way without asking for help from anyone. You know it's because of you that I went and got my business degree all on my own."

"So you keep telling me," She sighed as Steve opened the front door for them. "Thank you."

"Are we headed back to the hospital now or do we need to make another stop first," Steve asked as he made sure the door was locked behind him.

"A drive-thru first please," Michelle answered. "Whatever you choose will be fine."

They started toward Lissa's car but froze when a dark colored SUV pulled into the driveway. Lissa grabbed Michelle and jerked her back toward Steve who had started reaching inside his jacket for his gun. He had it almost cleared from his holster when the drivers door popped open and a similarly dressed man stepped out. He nodded at Steve who smiled and nodded back.

"It's all right, ladies," Steve said as Addison hopped out of the back of the car much to their relief.

"Here you are!" Addison exclaimed as she walked over to Lissa and Michelle. "I went to the hospital but you weren't there."

"You told me that I needed a break," Lissa argued. "Then Michelle showed up and forced me to leave."

"Good job, Michelle," Addison said then hugged her. "Why didn't you call me the instant you landed?"

"I needed to get to Lis," Michelle told her.

"All right, fine, you're forgiven," Addison said. "Are we going back to the hospital?"

"We're getting something to eat first," Michelle said.

"Good," Addison said as she took their hands and started toward the SUV. "Gentleman, we're ready to go."

"Should we all go together in one car and leave mine here or take both cars?" Lissa asked.

"I'm riding with Michelle whichever you choose," Addison chimed in. "I haven't seen you in nine months, Michelle! We have a lot of catching up to do!"

"Let's just take the SUV then," Lissa suggested. "I can always Uber home or whatever."

"We'll get you a ride, sweetie," Addison assured her. "Don't worry about that."

The group piled into the SUV with Steve driving, Neil riding shotgun and the women in the backseat. The guards took a quick look around before backing out of the driveway and heading toward the main road.

"Anyway," Lissa said getting back to the conversation they were having. "I keep telling you in the hope that it will sink into that thick head of yours one day, Michelle."

"What do you keep telling her?" Addison asked.

"That she's the reason that I went after a business degree instead of doing what my family expected of me," Lissa explained.

"Totally," Addison nodded at Michelle.

"You two know that nothing can penetrate my blonde shield when it's activated," Michelle told them. "That's what mom always tells me anyway."

"You're goofy, you know that?" Lissa said.

"Speaking of your mom, how is she doing?" Addison asked.

"She's good," Michelle answered. "Her and Bryce are up in Canada right now working on some photos for his new book."

"Another wildlife book?" she asked.

"Yes, Birds of North America in Flight or at least that's what he thinks the publisher wants to call it," Michelle answered.

"I think it's funny when you call him Bryce," Addison shared.

"I only do it around you guys. Even though he is my step dad I call him dad because that what he is," Michelle said.

"How do they like living in Montana?" Addison quizzed her.

"Maine, Addison," Lissa sighed. "They live in Maine. How did you ever pass Geography?"

"Michelle obviously," Addison answered with a giggle.

"Mom loves it especially when it snows and Dad likes how rural it is for them," Michelle continued

"You moved back into your old house while I was gone. How is that working out?" Addison asked.

"It's a little weird when I walk in expecting to see mom or dad there but I'm getting more used to it. It's too big for just me honestly but it is paid for so I couldn't just let it sit empty," Michelle sighed. "Look what happened after just a few weeks."

"That's right," Lissa chimed in. "You were having the place fumigated while you were gone over some beetle thing."

"They start tomorrow," Michelle nodded. "I'll need to get a hotel room for the next three days."

"You can stay at the estate," Addison offered.

"Are you sure that's safe? I mean with all that's going on right now?" Lissa asked. "You can stay at my place. I'll be spending my free time at the hospital anyway so it wouldn't be a problem."

"No, it's fine. Addison has the room and an army of security watching the place. Right," Michelle turned to Addison.

"Yes to all that," Addison answered. "We've added more security since, well, you know."

"And Karly is leaving at the end of the month and I want to spend some time with her before she leaves," Michelle added.

"She's always looked up to you. Probably because you don't put up with Addison's shit," Lissa teased.

"Hey!" Addison called out.

"Granted Addison can be a handful at times but she can be sweet," Michelle said as she hugged Addison close.

"Thank you, Michelle," Addison said as she pouted at Lissa.

"She did help keep the other kids from picking on me at school," Michelle said.

"You could have taken care of Sabrina Masters yourself if you had wanted to, Michelle," Lissa told her. "One punch to that perfect little nose of hers and she would have backed off."

"True but then I'd have been suspended from school and that would have screwed up my college plans," Michelle explained.

"Yeah I guess. You're a strong person Michelle and people should be a lot nicer to you especially the guys you choose to date," Lissa stated.

Addison nodded but said nothing and Michelle did her best not to look at her for fear that the secret would slip out somehow.

"I don't even want to think about dating right now. This thing with Ryan," Michelle paused and heard Addison suck in a breath beside her before she continued. "That whole thing has just put me off dating for awhile."

"That's understandable," Addison told her.

"You'd better be careful with what you say, Michelle. Who know if the next guy you meet might be the one," Lissa suggested.

"The next guys I met were these married guys at the conference that thought they were slick by taking off their wedding bands to flirt like I can't see a tan line," Michelle sighed. "Then there's that Alex guy, he seems okay but I get a player vibe from him."

"I'm not sure about Alex being a player. I don't have enough info on him," Lissa commented.

"He seems nice enough," Addison added.

"He's not really my type anyway but if there is a guy out there for me then I guess he'll just have to wait until I'm ready for him," Michelle stated.

* * *

No one noticed another dark colored SUV that fell in a few cars behind them once they left Lissa's place. The passenger picked up his cell phone and placed a call.

"Looks like they're on their way back to the hospital," He reported.

"Of course they are," The person on the other end stated in hushed tones. "He survived the shooting so we have a problem."

"Yes we do," He answered. "What do you want us to do about it?"

"You're doing nothing. I'm handling it on my end," the person told him. "Keep eyes on and do not get seen. Understood?"

"Understood," He answered and hung up.

"What are we doing," The driver asked as he followed their target car through traffic.

"We're on surveillance detail until we hear otherwise," He answered him. "Don't lose them and don't get made by those guards."

"Get made by those guys," The driver chuckled. "Those rent a cops wouldn't spot me if I was two feet off their bumper. Are you sure you don't want to take them? Three chicks this time around and two are blonde. I know how you like blondes."

"We follow," The passenger answered. "Stick to the plan."

"Yeah, yeah," he answered and continued to follow the SUV all the way into the hospital parking. They called in and again were told to stay put and wait for orders. The order was met with grumbles but for the amount of money involved those were saved for after the phone was hung up.

* * *

"This is a god damn cluster fuck!" The person who orchestrated the kidnapping cursed to the person he was meeting.

The pair were meeting at an abandoned store that used to sell beach items and souvenirs. Both had parked at the rear of the store out of sight of the traffic that ebbed and flowed in front of it.

"Tell me something I don't know," The other said. "It's being handled."

"Yeah, it's being handled all right. It's being handled fucking poorly!" The first one shouted. "I thought we had an understanding!"

"We do! You never said anything about a fucking SEAL being there," The other argued back.

"Blame the fucking intel," the first one sighed. "What now?"

"You're bank rolling this, you tell me." The other answered.

"Get me a few locals. One's that we can trust to take care of this," The first ordered him. "Now get back to the estate and keep me updated on the comings and goings so we can regroup and get this taken care of. I don't need to remind you how much is at stake."

"Just go do what you do and stop being jittery," The other said. "The family is already on alert and you aren't helping."

"We can't act all calm and collected when thinking about the hundreds of millions of dollars being siphoned off is about to be discovered," The first grumbled.

"We can both do better," The other nodded. "I'll see about getting us some locals for the dirty work then make a new plan on how to get us out of this."

They parted with a simple nod, one left before the other so they weren't seen together.

****

Alex made a call to the Voss estate to check in and see how things are going there as the day was ending.

"Everything is good here, boss. I just finished wiring up the panic rooms with cameras and I'm running a check on them now." Joe Navarro answered. "We're green all across the board."

"Sounds good, Joe. I'm heading out of the office and won't be home for a little while but if you need me you know to call my cell," Alex told him.

"No problem, boss," Joe assured him. "We've got it handled here. Enjoy your night."