Don't Look Like a Seal Pt. 04

Story Info
Confrontation at the aquarium.
18.6k words
4.83
18.6k
40

Part 4 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 05/07/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thanks to Devir Ginator for his assistance with all the editing. All errors found are mine.

Thanks to you, the reader, for voting, commenting and sticking through with this story. More New Girl once this wraps.

****

"They're following us in." Michelle said as discretely as she could as we got closer to the ticket office.

I reached down and held her trembling hand then gave it a squeeze.

"We expected that, it'll be all right. They won't be able to make a move on us as long as we're in a crowd," I said soothingly. "Just stay together."

We reached the ticket counter while our two new friends stalked us from behind a family of five.

"Hey, Cheryl, how are things?" Michelle asked a dark haired lady that was behind the ticket window.

"Michelle, hey girl! Hot and busy is how things are. What are you doing using this entrance?" She asked with a genuine smile on her face.

"Just wanted to see how the other half lives I guess. Can I get a couple of guest passes for my friends here?" Michelle asked.

"Anything for you, sweetie, especially if you bring me some more of that banana pudding you make," Cheryl told her.

"I'll make a batch just for you and your husband next week. I remember how much he raved about it at the company picnic," Michelle smiled.

She smiled and handed Michelle the passes.

"Raved about it? The man was all set to divorce me and marry you when he tasted it." She giggled then looked me over. "Cutie pie, you have got your hands on a keeper. She's sweet, kind and she can cook so don't let her get away."

I smiled and glanced at Michelle who was desperately trying to hide the fact that she was blushing.

"I'm going to try my best to hold on to her," I smiled.

"You do that and ya'll have a nice time today," She told us.

"Thanks, Cheryl." Michelle said and quickly grabbed the passes.

"So when were you going to tell me about this banana pudding of yours?" I asked as we stood in line to get in.

"Not while we are running for our lives that's for sure. And you didn't have to go along with that you know?" She remarked.

"Who, your friend Cheryl," I asked innocently.

"You know damn well I mean Cheryl," She sighed.

"True but it was so much fun to see you turn red for a change," I chuckled.

"Uh guys, we're supposed to be running for our lives here." Karly prompted us.

Michelle had gotten so flustered she had almost forgotten we were being followed.

"Fear is the enemy." I explained. "The more fearful you are the more apt you are to make a mistake and we can't afford mistakes. I figure that if I got you pissed at me then you'd let go of the fear."

"That almost sounds logical. I'd almost believe you if I didn't think you were full of it," Michelle smirked.

"The only thing I want to be full of is that banana pudding I just heard about," I commented.

She shook her head while Karly stifled a giggle.

"You're impossible," Michelle whispered.

"I've been told that." I nodded I passed through the metal detectors.

"How are you doing, Karly?" I asked.

"Just a little spooked is all," Karly answered honestly.

"Don't worry. Nothing's going to happen to either of you, just keep a hold onto Michelle's hand and follow her wherever she leads. If anything happens to me the both of you are to run like hell," I told her.

"Running isn't a plan Kenny." Karly pointed out.

"Every plan has running involved in it somewhere. They'll call it something else like advancing or maneuvering or retreating but it's all running as far as your body is concerned." I shared.

She conceded my argument as we made our way through the turnstile. Once we were inside the park I grabbed a map for my own sake since Michelle knew her way around already and gave it a once over while they huddled close.

"What's the best way to get to this security office you mentioned?" I asked Michelle.

She pointed to the stingray exhibit that was off to our far left according to the map.

"The door I mentioned is here behind the touch pool. It leads back to the offices where security is," She shared.

I glanced back and saw that our two friends had made it through the turnstile when one turned and said something to the guy behind him.

I got a cold feeling in the pit of my stomach and hoped that my face didn't register it as I saw them nod in our direction and started moving toward us.

"We've got to move. Now," I said in a hushed but hurried tone.

Michelle noticed my tone and glanced toward the gate.

"Kenny, there's..." She started to say.

"I know. I saw them. Just keep moving, this doesn't change anything," I said.

"What doesn't change anything?" Karly asked as she tried to glance around but we were moving through a crowd so she couldn't really see our pursuers. The bad part was that neither could I.

"The two guys from the car just joined up with five others," Michelle shared. "Don't worry though, we can lose them. I know a couple of things we can try."

She grabbed a hold of Karly's hand. She sounded more confident than I felt but maybe I had lost some of her voice infliction in the crowd noise.

"Lead the way." I told her as I glanced back.

I tried to see how close our pursuers were but I had lost them in the crowd. I had to hope they didn't have a clue as to where we were trying to get to otherwise they could cut us off and we'd be screwed.

* * *

"Have you seen my sister anywhere?" Addison asked Alex as she entered the kitchen.

She was clad in a silver bikini top with her lower body covered in a near transparent wrap. For a moment Alex had a problem formulating a coherent thought as his eyes scanned every bit of her exposed flesh but he recovered enough to answer her.

"Uh, yes, ma'am. She went out to breakfast with your friend Michelle," He said.

He had barely managed not to stare when she bent over to grab a bottled water out of the fridge. He had been walking through the kitchen on an inspection to make sure everything was ready for tonight when she popped in. She took a long pull from the bottle and smiled to herself as she watched his eyes as they drifted over her tanned body again.

"Client's daughter, client's daughter," he repeated in his mind until he was finally able to jerk his eyes from her glistening cleavage.

"I suppose the new guy went with them. Kenneth was it?" She asked him knowing full well his name.

She'd heard it enough from Karly and Michelle the past couple of days but she enjoyed teasing.

"Kenneth. Yes," Alex nodded. "He took them out to breakfast."

"That figures. They love that guy for some reason. I don't get it." She stated.

"Grayson manages to have that affect on some people. I used to be the charming one in our group not him and yet here he is living on your wonderful estate," Alex smiled.

"I'm sure I can make arrangements for you to move in... you know, if you thought it necessary." she flirted as she subtly pushed her chest out.

Alex watched as a bead of sweat rolled down her ample cleavage.

"I'm... uh... I'm sure Kenny's got it all... under control." He stammered.

"He certainly has those two under his control it seems," She stated.

"I can have a talk with him, if you want. You know, if it's bothering you?" He offered.

"Oh no, I don't think so. Those two can be a force to be reckoned with when they put their heads together. Getting on their bad side is flirting with a death wish," She laughed. "Besides I'm just teasing a little, maybe I'm jealous that he and Michelle really seem to have hit it off."

"You have nothing to be jealous about," Alex told her.

"Yeah, that's what Michelle says too. They're just friends and nothing more, blah blah blah but I don't buy it," Addison commented.

"You don't?" He asked.

"She's attractive. He's attractive." She said as she moved over to where he stood. "You know how that is. How long can a couple of people who are attracted to each other fight that attraction?"

She slid her hand over his chest when she asked the question.

"Um... what? What uh... was the question again?" he stammered then shook his head. "Attraction, right? Grayson may surprise you in that regard."

"He might at that. Want to come out by the pool and finish this conversation?" She smiled at him.

"I would love to." He started to say but a call from Joe interrupted him.

"Boss, is Grayson back?" Joe asked.

Alex held up his hand to Addison then pointed to his ear.

"I'm sorry, I should take this," he told her.

She smiled and nodded at him. As she started for the door with an extra swish in her hips she paused and looked back at Alex.

"You know where to find me, Alex," She smiled.

"Damn." He uttered as she closed the door. "Sorry Joe, I wasn't talking to you. I haven't seen him come back. Why?"

"Det. Young is on the phone asking for him but I don't think he's back," Joe stated. "I haven't seen his car come back yet."

Alex took a look out the window in the kitchen that faced the guesthouse and nodded.

"His car isn't here so he must still be gone," Alex answered. "Does she need his cell?"

"Hold on, let me check." Joe was off air for a few seconds then came back. "No, she said that she'd try him later."

"All right, Joe, let me know the minute he's back," Alex told him.

"Need to ask him something boss?" Joe asked.

"No, just a feeling... keep me updated huh?" Alex stated.

"You got it."

* * *

Michelle led us in the front door of a souvenir shop then out a side door. We dodged patrons with ease as she tugged Karly along by the hand. I managed along all right. I tossed out apologies to anyone that I jostled while trying to keep pace with them. We circled a fountain where kids played and splashed about while their parents took a much needed break from the heat by utilizing the shade trees and benches that were provided. As much as I would have liked to take a break we pushed on. Michelle seemed to read my mind as she only hesitated a moment before she headed off toward the flamingo exhibit. The brightly colored birds took notice of us and one squawked his annoyance that we aren't paying attention to him. Heedless of his call Michelle angled to the right which brought us to an ice cream and soda shop that she entered via the front door. The air-conditioned interior was a welcomed change but everyone seemed to have had the same thought as the place was nearly filled to capacity with sweaty tourist vying to get something cold on this hot day. Michelle dipped and darted around the tourists like a cat barely making her presence known to any of them. Karly and I followed along her meandering path putting our faith in her that she knew where she was going. I glanced back a few times and noticed that, with Michelle's seemingly random route, we seemed to be putting distance between ourselves and our pursuers. At least we were on the two I could see. The three that joined them however had disappeared from view several turns ago and that sickening feeling in my stomach had returned. There were only so many paths in this place and those paths crossed each other at regular intervals. I knew that at any crossing we could run headlong into the others but I was hoping that wouldn't happen.

****

Michelle took us through another side door that led to a small walkway just beside the stingray exhibit.

"There are usually a lot of people at the touch pool so I need you both to stay close to me." She paused to tell us. "Karly, do not let go of my hand for anything and, Kenny, you stay with us, okay?"

"I'll be right behind you. Don't worry about me." I told her as I glanced back and saw our two dogged pursuers as they closed the distance. "We've got to keep moving."

Michelle grasped Karly by the hand and pulled her into the crowd of people who were waiting their turn at the touch pool. I managed to follow along pretty well for about ten feet but then several kids ran between me and them which caused me to lose them. Michelle was so focused on her goal that she kept moving toward it until they blended into another group of people at the pool. Suddenly the three men that joined up with the guys from the car appeared in front me and cut me off. I gave them a nod then turned but was grabbed by the two from the car that had caught up.

"Make a sound and I will gut you right here," one of the guys from the car threatened.

I glanced down I saw the point of a knife aimed at my belly so I nodded at him.

"Good, glad that you can be reasonable. Now where are the women at?" He asked.

"Women? What women?" I asked. "Look if you want my money just ask but I don't know what women you're talking about."

The guy chuckled and looked at his companions.

"We got a comedian here, guys," He stated and he didn't sound Russian to me.

He looked around then made a quick slash at my ribs. I hissed through the pain as it blossomed and brought my hand up to cover the wound.

"I don't fucking like comedians, Grayson," He whispered to me.

"Good to... know," I nodded while I wondered how he knew my name even as I felt my warm blood seeping onto my fingers.

The tourist around us had their attention on the exhibit so no one had noticed the confrontation.

"Glad we're now on the same page now, smart ass. Now I'll politely ask you again. The women. Where are they?"

"You call this polite?" I asked as I pulled my hand away from my now red shirt.

"Stall some more and you'll see my not polite way of asking," He sneered at me.

I glanced around and tried to find somewhere close that I could use to my advantage. Anything that I could use to buy time until the cavalry arrived.

"Provided someone's called the cavalry that is," the negative part of my brain screamed at me.

I spotted a gift shop that was closed for construction and while it wasn't what I would have called ideal, it was the best I had so I nodded toward it.

"They're in there. Locked in a backroom waiting for help that I was supposed to call in for when you guys caught up with me," I lied.

The knife wielder looked over at the storefront then back at me then nodded.

"Solid plan," he stated. "You two go check it out and if you're lying to me again I'll feed you piece by piece to these damn fish, you got me, Grayson?"

"Understood but if they go there without the knock we worked out... you'll never get in," I bluffed.

"Look around you, pal," he chuckled. "I've got five guys here that can take that place apart in just a few minutes. I don't think those two girls can keep us out for long."

"Go ahead but if you know who I am then you also know the blonde works here," I stated. "Do you really think that we'd hide in a place that doesn't have a way out of it? Better get to taking that place apart. She's probably already got into an area that none of you guys can get into."

He pondered that for a moment then shook his head.

"I read your file, Grayson, I know that you're good but I wonder if you are really that good," He stated.

"Send your guys on over there and find out if you want," I suggested.

He thought for a moment then he grumbled.

"Fine. Tell my guys this secret knock of yours then," He snarled.

"Did my file say that I was stupid or something?" I asked. "I tell your guys and the next thing I know, I'm face down in the bushes there bleeding out. No thank you."

"You don't tell my guy then you'll be there anyway," He threatened.

"True but the longer we stand here the more attention we draw, I am bleeding after all. Sooner or later someone's going to notice and start asking questions bringing in even more attention and then you guys won't walk out of here with what you came for," I stated. "I saw what happened to the last guy that failed to do his job and I don't think any of you want a closed casket funeral do you?"

I had taken a gamble that my poker face could beat his because I was bluffing with absolutely nothing except the vaguest of ideas as to what was going on within their little group. I wasn't even sure the dead man I saw was even related to this at all. If he wasn't then I would soon be seeing Dr. Patterson again and this time I wouldn't be vertical. My knife wielding friend finally nodded his head.

"All right, we'll do this your way but if you're lying..." He started to warn me.

"Go ahead and waste some more of my time I've got nothing better to do," I needled him.

"Move it!" He ordered a little louder than he should have but no one paid him any attention. I calculated that I had about three minutes to come up with some sort plan that I was sure Karly would approve of because once I got inside that gift shop there won't be anyplace to run.

****

Karly was trying to do as she was told and stay against the wall just inside the security door but that lasted all of six seconds. She poked her head beside Michelle's as she tried to peek through the crack in the security door.

"Karly, get back," Michelle warned her.

"Where's Kenny?" She asked not moving.

"I don't know. I thought I saw him a second ago but I lost him," Michelle answered.

"We've got to back out there and find him." Karly stated then tried to pull the door open but Michelle nudged her back and closed the door.

"We can't go out there, Karly," she said. "Those men are after you and I have to get you someplace safe."

"This is safe," Karly stated. "You go get him!"

"Karly, he told me that I had to make sure you were safe and then call in for help," Michelle told her.

"But he's our friend," Karly whined.

"And you're my family or close enough to it. He can take care of himself," Michelle insisted.

"I'm sure your friend Scott thought the same thing and look where that got him." Karly argued.

"That isn't fair, Karly." Michelle said hurt by the sharpness of her words.

"That's why we have to go help him!" She stated.

"No! Now come on, we're going!" Michelle snapped.

Karly nodded, crestfallen that the one person she had looked up to her whole life could leave a friend behind. She followed Michelle down the hallway sullenly and then up a flight a stairs to a door marked security. Michelle tapped in a code on the keypad and after a buzzing noise opened the door.

"I hope you remembered to tell them to put mustard on my sandwich this time, Roger, or I'm just going to take yours." The man at the desk stated without looking up from the monitors that were in front of him.

"Hi, Glenn," Michelle greeted him. "It's me."

He spun in his chair at the voice then smiled warmly.

"If it isn't my favorite shark tamer," He said. "What brings you up to this neck of the woods, Dr. Ripley?"

Michelle decided not to correct him about the doctor thing. It would have been the hundredth time she did so anyway and she liked Glen.

"My friend Karly here and another friend were out walking in the park these guys started following us around. It kind of spooked me so I thought we should come here." she lied while she tried to keep her voice even.

"Looks like you lost someone then but don't worry you two are safe with me," He assured them.

"We did that's another reason we came here. I was wondering if you could use the cameras to try and find our other friend," Michelle explained.

"For you, Doc, sure thing," Glenn nodded. "Where did you lose your friend?"

"Stingray exhibit," She answered hurriedly. "He was right behind us at the tidal pool but I lost him when I got to the door."

"So it's a He huh? Should I be jealous?" Glen asked.

Michelle managed a smile at the retired former cop who liked to flirt.

"Maybe just a little bit," She shared.

"Well, let's see if we can find this guy of yours. He'd better be up to my standards, Doc, or you and I are going to be having one of our long talks," Glen said as he pulled up the feed to the stingray area.

"Karly, help Glen find Kenny while I call in and let them know we're all right," She told her as she pulled out the phone.