Don't Look Like a Seal Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Okay, so how fired?"

"That's still being debated. Mr. and Mrs. Voss are pretty pissed at the moment, Addison too and I think Cassidy wants to shoot you. What the hell were you thinking?" He asked.

"About which part? Going to breakfast, taking them to Scott's, coming here instead of heading to the estate, thinking I had a chance taking on five guys in a confined space. A lot of shit happened today, Alex. You're going to have to be more specific." I sighed.

"Sir, can this wait a moment? I need to get these lacerations to stop bleeding," The medic told Alex.

"Go ahead and stitch them up. I don't need to go to a hospital," I told her.

"With that knock you took to your noggin? I beg to differ," she stated.

"You and hospitals, I swear." Alex muttered.

"Hey, people die in those places," I argued.

"You could have died here, Mr. Grayson," The medic told me.

"I just don't like hospitals," I stated.

"Me neither. Why else do you think I'm doing my thing here instead of an emergency room somewhere?" She asked.

"Better pay and you get to ride the rides every day for free?" I postulated.

"Michelle said you were a quick one," She laughed.

"You know Michelle?" I asked.

"You mean Cutter? Of course, I know Cutter, she and I get together with the girls every now and then to play a set or three. You're going to feel a pinch." She told me as she numbed the area near the cuts.

"Michelle's nickname is Cutter? How did she get a nickname like that?" I wondered aloud.

"You don't know yet? Kind of surprising," She stated. "Anyway, it's a volleyball term that we girls started calling her when she begin to massacre us with it in about every game."

"We are both talking about the same Michelle Ripley? Very attractive blonde, piercing blue eyes and that smile... I love that smile," I stammered a little.

Alex rolled his eyes but I wasn't paying him any attention.

"Yes, our girl has a very pretty smile," She answered with a grin as she worked. "Michelle was a pretty big deal for awhile in college. She hasn't told you about that?"

"No she hasn't," I said.

"Well give her time, truthfully I didn't know either until one of the other girls pointed it out to me. I found that Michelle's kind of like an onion once you start peeling you find a lot of layers," She told me.

"Layers are good. I like layers," I smiled.

"With the way you just described her, it sounds like you're doing better than most," She giggled.

"That falls under patient confidentiality since I have a head injury right?" I asked.

"I suppose that it could but why would you want it to?" She asked.

"We're just friends and..." I started to say when a thought struck me and I turned towards Alex. "This is probably a bad time to ask but I need a loan."

"A loan?" He asked confused.

"Yeah, I've gotta pay for that window I got thrown through. I don't want to get Michelle into any trouble because of me," I explained.

The medic giggled but continued to work on the second of my cuts.

"You're a piece of work you know that, Grayson?" Alex sighed.

"You can lecture me all you want later. Just pay for the window and I'll figure out a way to pay you back," I told him.

"Is he always this adorable?" The medic asked Alex.

"Only when his brains been scrambled or when he's asking for a loan apparently," Alex chuckled.

"Make all the jokes you want at my expense just pay for the damn window," I told him.

"The window is covered and she's not in trouble," He told me then when I squinted my eyes at him he continued. "I asked already."

"Good. Thanks for covering the window, I'll get you the money for it somehow," I sighed with relief then looked at the medic. "They were demolishing the place anyway right? Window couldn't be more than a hundred or two right?"

"That, Mr. Grayson, was the new window. The old one was removed a couple of days ago," She informed me.

"Just my luck," I grumbled.

"The insurance here covered the window not me but you will pay me back for the rest of this mess. I'm just waiting to see if it'll be on this job or the next twenty," He stated.

"I should resign, save everybody some time right?" I asked.

"Don't be hasty. Let's just see how things play out. Michelle and Karly have been spinning quite the tale of your heroics so my fingers are crossed that we aren't screwed," He told me.

"Wait, what are they saying?" I asked confused.

"Don't worry about that. Just go along with it and we may get out of this with both our jobs intact," He said. "You've known them for three days and they are going out on a limb for you already so respect that."

"I don't want them lying for me," I said.

"You weren't exactly in a position to make that call. Just be smart for once and keep your mouth shut," He ordered me then sighed. "Hell, what am I thinking asking you to do that?"

"First time for everything," I said as the medic finished stitching me up.

"Have you really only know Michelle for three days?" She asked me and I nodded. "Wow, okay then."

"Does that strike you as odd or something?" I asked.

"Honestly, it kind of does. Michelle normally shies away from new people until she gets a chance to know them," She answered.

"We've had a few conversations," I told her.

"I'm sure that's it then." She told me but she didn't sound very convinced at all. "I'm Chloe, by the way. Chloe Watson."

"No volleyball related nickname for you?" I smiled.

"Just because I've got you half undressed doesn't mean I'm going to just blab all my secrets to you. Besides, we haven't had the conversations you and Michelle have had Mr. Grayson. Maybe once we have I'll let you know my nickname," She flirted.

"Very cute and you can call me Kenny," I told her. "Especially now that you've seen me half undressed and all."

"Well, Kenny, I still think you should go to the hospital but if you want to sign some release papers stating your refusal to do so then I can let you walk... let's say stagger, out of here," She stated.

"Stagger will be fine, Chloe," I smiled. "Thank you."

As I was signing the papers Michelle entered the room.

"What is he doing?" She asked Chloe.

"Signing refusal papers," Chloe answered. "I couldn't talk him into going to the hospital."

"They might put me in the same room as Scottie and that never ends well," I joked but Michelle wasn't laughing.

"This isn't funny, Kenny. You were knocked out for over ten minutes. I really think you should get checked out. Scratch that, you're getting checked out if I have to take you myself," She stubbornly stated.

"I know that tone, Kenny," Chloe commented. "You'd better listen to my girl here. I've put enough stitches into you already today."

"I think you might be right Chloe but the party's tonight and I'm needed there," I said.

"First of all, the party's been pushed back but that's neither here nor there. Even if you're not fired outright, who's to say they won't fire my company over this," Alex told me.

"No one's being fired, not your company and not Kenny. That's already been taken care of, you know that, Alex," Michelle said then looked at Chloe. "Chloe, did you say stitches?"

"A handful," She answered.

"What did she mean by you knew that already?" I asked Alex who gave me his trademark smirk and a shrug.

"Check them out for yourself and let me know how I did," Chloe said to Michelle.

Chloe lifted my arm while I argued with my supposed friend.

"I don't think he got these from going through the glass that just caused these minor cuts here and here," Chloe pointed out.

"I just wanted to see your reaction," He chuckled.

I raised my other hand and flipped him off.

"There's my reaction, asshole." I said as he laughed.

While Chloe was showing her the stitch work, Michelle's hand was resting lightly in the hair on my chest. She was so close that the smell of her body lotion was tickling my nose with a tantalizing mix of coconut with a hint of lime.

"It had a smooth edge to it so I'm thinking it was a blade of some kind," Chloe told Michelle.

"Knife. They had knives." I told her.

Michelle looked up then realized how close we were and practically jumped away. She bumped into her friend as she did so.

'Whoa, watch out there, sweetie. If you concuss yourself you won't be able to drive this one to the hospital," Chloe giggled.

"Sorry." Michelle apologized to me. "The uh... family is out in the waiting area to see how you're doing, Kenny."

I nodded and attempted to stand but found that my legs were as wobbly as a newborn deer. If not for Michelle catching me I would have been face down on the linoleum. Chloe and Alex helped her get me more vertical and we found ourselves holding onto each other pretty close.

"I'm glad your dad can't see us right now," I joked.

"Consider yourself lucky, Mr. Grayson," She said, her face flushed crimson. "Otherwise dad would know that you're copping a feel on his only daughter. He wouldn't like that."

"Copping a feel? This is hardly copping a feel. What are you talking...?" I started to ask when I realized my hand was on her butt.

I yanked it away like it was burning me.

"I am so sorry, Michelle," I apologized but she laughed it off.

"It was worth a little squeeze to see you turn as red as you are right now I suppose," She joked.

"I did not squeeze," I told her.

"Sure you didn't," She smiled.

"Michelle, there was no squeezing," I said.

"Shut up, Kenny, before someone in the family hears about your indiscretion," She shushed me.

I almost said something else but Karly ran up as I emerged from the door and hugged me tight.

"Careful Red or you'll pop my stitches," I warned her.

"Oops, sorry, you're all right, right?" she asked.

"Just some stitches, sweetie,"" I told her. I was more worried about you. You're all right aren't you?"

"Thanks to Michelle," Karly admitted and gave her a weak smile.

"Don't forget that bump on the head," Chloe added as she joined us. "I really would like it if you did go the hospital and get checked over."

"We all will make sure of it," Mr. Voss assured her as he and the rest walked over to us.

"Sir, I'm very sorry about what happened today and any blame should fall squarely on me and not reflect on Alex and his company," I told him.

"That's very admirable of you, Kenny, but after what these two told us of what happened today I think only thanks are in order not reprimands," he stated.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I think my concussion is messing with my head a little. I'm not sure I understand," I said.

"Karly and Michelle told us everything you did was to make sure they stayed safe today. How you spotted the car that was following you and knowing that another ambush could be waiting if you tried to get back to the estate then choosing to come here with a lot of people around insuring that these men couldn't get their hands on my daughter without causing a major scene," He explained.

"Then luring those men away from them, making yourself a decoy so they could get to the security room unharmed." Mrs. Voss added.

"Sir, Ma'am... that's not exactly how things happened," I told them.

"Kenny, don't..." Michelle whispered to me while Alex shook his head.

"You two shouldn't have to lie for me," I told her. "Sir, it was Michelle and Karly that spotted the car outside of Scott and Lissa's place, they're the ones that pointed it out to me. With Michelle's help I figured out that they were following us and my first thought was to go straight back to the estate but then Karly wondered if another ambush had been set up like the one that almost got Addison. I just couldn't risk that being the case so I tried thinking of other options. Michelle suggested this place because she could get us into the employee areas where it would be safe for Karly. I just wanted to try and get these guys on camera somewhere to give the police a better lead," I turned to Mrs. Voss. "Mrs. Voss, I wasn't being a decoy either. I simply was separated from Michelle and Karly just outside the employee door. That's when those guys grabbed me and I led them to the only unoccupied spot I could find hoping that Michelle and Karly were safely tucked away. They deserve all the credit today, not me. I just got lucky that I didn't get someone killed."

Beside me Michelle sighed, Karly just looked sad that I ruined their carefully crafted lie and Alex looked to be about two seconds from pulling his gun and ending today for me for good. I thought he would have to have been faster than Mr. Williams who looked practically gleeful at my confession. Mr. and Mrs. Voss shared a look and all I could do was stand there waiting for the axe to drop.

Mr. Voss cleared his throat before speaking. "Now isn't really the time and place to discuss this. We'll talk this out once we're all back at the estate."

"What's there to discuss?" Karly asked. "We're all safe. He protected us that should be the end of it."

"Karly, we'll discuss it at home now go," Mr. Voss barked causing them to jump. "Alex, are you riding with us or not?"

"No sir, I'm going to stay with Ken for awhile and make sure he's all right. I'll catch a cab back to the estate," he answered.

Mr. Voss nodded and turned to leave when Addison noticed that Michelle wasn't walking with them.

"Michelle, aren't you riding back with us?" She asked.

"He needs to go to the hospital so I'm going to take him," Michelle told them.

Mrs. Voss nodded then stepped over and hugged her.

"Thank you for what you did to help Karly. Will you walk us to the car?" She asked.

"Of course," Michelle answered and took her by the hand. "Chloe, can you keep him vertical until I get back?"

"I'll do my best but no promises," Chloe smiled.

"Good enough I suppose," She answered then walked away with them and the guards Alex brought with him toward the waiting SUV.

"You should go with them," I told him.

"Hey if I can put off them firing us all for another billable hour then I can hang out with you for that," He joked.

"They're not going to fire you because of what I did," I said. I'll tell them..."

"You told them enough already Ken. Why in the hell didn't you keep your mouth shut?" He asked.

"Shut up and get me to a chair before I fall over." I told him.

He grabbed my shoulder and steered me to a nearby chair.

"Just don't grab my ass like you did Michelle's," He joked and I would have punched him if I wasn't about to fall over.

"Don't you start. That was an accident." I told him as I took a seat.

Chloe grabbed her pen light and checked my eyes again.

"Kenny, you really need to get checked out at a hospital. Michelle will kill me if I let you out of here like you are right now."

"We wouldn't want that." I told her. "Just no ambulance all right, I don't think I can take flashing lights and a loud siren right now. She can take me when we leave here if that's all right?"

"She was already planning to despite what you told her but I'm going to reiterate it when she gets back. Can't let you charm your way out of it when you leave here," She told me.

"It's okay she's immune to charm once her minds made up on something," I stated.

"Sure it is." She said with a hint of wryness in her voice. "I'm going to get your chart to take along so they'll know what all I did."

"Want to tell me now why you didn't keep your mouth shut?" Alex asked when Chloe went to grab my paperwork.

"Look, Mr. Voss is a sharp guy from what I gather. Hell, all of them are so they would have seen through the lie eventually," I explained. "I was doing so great all day. I figure I might as well top it off right."

"You're an idiot." He stated.

"Tell me something I don't already know. Now shut up, my head is killing me and these knife cuts hurt like hell," I grumbled.

"That's what happens when you try and catch knives with your chest, Ken," Det. Young stated as she and Det. Lang walked up.

"Those things are dangerous, Grayson," Det. Lang chuckled. "I thought that a guy like you knew that."

"Oh good more comedy," I sighed. "Just what my head needs."

"How is your head?" Det. Young asked.

"Still as empty as ever," Alex commented.

"Ha ha," I said dryly. "After how I handled today though you may be onto something."

"He's got a minor concussion, a couple of deep cuts to his chest and a problem keeping his mouth shut," Chloe told them as she reappeared with my chart.

"You too Chloe? And here I thought we had something special going on." I joked.

"Maybe we could if you weren't hung up on my friend that is," She smiled.

"Do you want us to get you to the hospital?" Det. Young asked.

"Thanks but I've already got a ride," I shook my head. "Besides Lang here might think it funny to flash the light and blare the siren. I'm not up for that yet."

"Only at the red lights Grayson, I mean you are helping us out with this case after all," He chuckled.

"I suppose it'd be too much to hope that you caught these guys and this whole thing is over?" I asked hopefully.

"They gave security the slip in the excitement of you flying through a window but we were able to get some great shots of them from the cameras," Det. Young told me.

"Guess that makes this day a little more worthwhile. I'd like to see them when you get the chance. Thought I recognized one of them, same as Scott but like him I can't place from where. It'll probably be easier on me if I saw a shot of him before I broke his nose," I said.

"I'll get them to you as soon as the techs get them printed out. Should I bring them to the estate or up to the hospital?" Det. Young asked.

"Did I just hear someone say that you are going to the hospital, Kenny?" Michelle asked as she rejoined us.

"Yes, you won," I told her. "Go ahead and get the gloating out of the way now."

"No gloating, I'm just glad you agreed to go," Michelle said sincerely.

"I didn't have much of a choice," I smiled. "Det. Young here is just dying for an excuse slap cuffs on me."

"You'll have to excuse him, Detective," Michelle said. "He hit his head really hard."

"Detective's Young and Lang, this is Michelle Ripley," I introduced them. "She's a friend of Addison's and she's the reason that you have video of these guys."

"I just suggested we come here because it would be crowded, you're the one that thought of the cameras," Michelle told them.

"You both deserve to be commended." Det. Lang stated. "We've got our tech printing out the images that were captured and then we'll run them through the database and see if we get any hits."

"Please don't mention hits." I commented and felt the slight pounding in my head as it got worse.

"Sorry. We'll swing by the estate tomorrow and let you have look at the pictures. Hopefully you'll remember something about the guy you recognized," Det. Young stated.

"Sure... thing." I said as the room started to tilt on me.

"We should get you to the hospital." Michelle said as she took hold of my shoulder so I didn't topple over onto the floor. "Detectives, can you excuse us?"

"Of course, Miss Ripley," Det. Lang nodded. "Grayson, take care of yourself. We'll let you know if we turn up anything with these pictures."

"Mr. Kortesis, Ms. Ripley, thanks for all your help. We'll be in touch soon," Det. Young told them as they headed for the door.

"You okay?" I asked Michelle and noticed a strange look on her face.

"I just can't believe that you're letting me take you to the hospital is all." She stated.

"I told him you'd spike a ball onto his noodle if he didn't shut up and agree," Chloe chimed in.

"Chloe!" Michelle almost shouted.

"What? I don't want something to happen to him and then you take it out on me next time we're on the beach," Chloe said.

"You know I won't do that," Michelle stated.

"I know nothing of the sort." Chloe retorted. "Remember that one time that you tried to tattoo..."