Don't Look Like a Seal Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Karly glared at her for a moment then stepped over to the monitors glad to be doing something to help.

Michelle tried to ignore the look that Karly gave her as she scrolled through the contact list until she found Alex.

"Grayson, where in the hell are you?" he answered on the first ring.

"Mr. Kortesis, this is Michelle," She said.

"Sorry Michelle, I was expecting... wait what's wrong?" Alex asked quickly.

Michelle explained everything to him in hushed tones so that Glen didn't overhear her.

"And the two of you are safe?" Alex asked once she finished.

"We're in the safest place in the park," She assured him. "It's Kenny I'm worried about, we lost him and..."

"That's him there!" Karly called out and pointed to the monitor.

Michelle hurried over to them as Glen zoomed in on the scene.

"Not a bad looking fella I suppose. Hey are those the guys that were following you with him?" Glen asked.

Karly and Michelle could only nod as they watched the men as they led me to the vacant storefront. Michelle reached down, grabbed Karly's hand and squeezed it tight. Karly looked up and saw her own fear reflected in Michelle's eyes.

"Alex, they have him," She told him.

"Keep an eye on where they go Michelle and whatever you do, you have to keep Karly safe," He instructed her. "I'm on my way and I'm bringing back up."

"Please hurry," She urged him.

****

I led the conspicuous looking group from the stingray area to the closed shop. I headed toward the main doors but my captor wasn't having it.

"Get us off the main concourse, Grayson," He grumbled then steered me toward the side of the building instead.

We were now in the shade at the side of building and mostly hidden from the main route.

"Better?" I asked as we all stopped at the building's service door.

"Do the knock, then step inside and don't try to warn them or I'll ram my knife into your spine," The man holding the knife ordered as he dug the point of it into my back for emphasis.

I nodded while I already knew that his knife and my spine already had appointment in his mind but I did a knock anyway. I waited a beat then tried the door. I was glad when I found it unlocked and that it swung inward. With it being a single door everyone would have to enter in a single file line. I stepped inside and when I was followed by the knife wielder I suddenly twisted around. I grabbed the guy by his wrist and jerked him further into the empty store. He staggered forward while he tried to maintain his balance but he tripped over a piece of discarded lumber. I slammed the door back then added a kick to it just for good measure. I smiled when I heard one of the other guys yelp in pain as I ducked into the room then looked for an exit. Unfortunately the main doors were chain locked on the inside which meant my only way out is the door I just came through.

"Great plan, idiot," I grumbled to myself.

"You screwed up royally, pal." Knife guy called out as he righted himself.

I looked around and saw that the rest of the group had pulled knives as well except for the guy that caught the door with his face. He was propped up against it holding his shattered nose and bleeding.

"Four on one," I thought to myself. "I've had worse odds."

That thought died a quick but painful death when a giant of a man stepped into the building.

"Shit," I muttered.

"We are going to bleed you until you tell us where they really are now, asshole," the one in charge vowed.

"They're someplace you can't get to them," I stated. "None us can so how about we call it even? You cut me. I broke that guys nose. Even Steven, right?"

"Son of a bitch!" he shouted then rushed forward intending to finish what he threatened.

I side stepped his lunge then used his momentum to redirect him into one of the other guys. The two of them toppled onto the dust covered floor in a heap. Down but not out of the fight. A second attacker jumped toward me with his knife arcing downward but I lashed out with my right leg and caught him in his chest that sent him flailing back. He landed with a loud thud and an even louder groan. I wanted to make sure he was out of the fight but another guy wasn't about to let that happen. This third guy took his shot and tried to jab at me but I caught his thrust before it reached me. I held his wrist then drove my elbow up under his shoulder. I heard the pop as his shoulder dislocated just before he lets out a scream and dropped to the floor.

"He's out," I allowed myself to think for the briefest of seconds but that thought was very nearly knocked out of my head.

A two by four to my back drove the air from my lungs. I fell to my knees as I tried to suck oxygen back into my lungs. I somehow managed to dodge the follow up swing by mere inches when by simply falling forward onto my knees. Before the guy with the board could take another swing the guy I caught with the door yanked me to my feet.

"You broke my fucking nose!" he shouted at me.

A glimmer of recognition sparked as I found myself staring into his face.

"I know this guy from somewhere," I thought but the from where would have to wait as he gave me a solid punch to my face.

My nose held but tears filled my eyes which blotted out his features from me. I was able to see movement however as his arm was cocking back for another shot at my face. I slammed my forehead into his already broken nose. His grip loosened as he yowled and grabbed at his nose again. I wished I could have taken a moment to think about why he was familiar to me but an eruption of pain on my already sliced side drew all of my attention. I glanced over my shoulder and saw the one in charge had tagged me again with his knife in almost the same spot as before. I swung my elbow back and caught him in the chest. He was knocked back for a brief moment which allowed me to to turn and face him. That was when everything went wrong or right depending on how you looked at it.

Someone had grabbed me by my shirt collar and the back waist of my jeans. When he lifted me off my feet I knew that it was the giant.

"This is going to hurt," I though as a Russian epithet was hurled at me.

The curse was a familiar one which if I remember correctly loosely translated into Fuck Your Mother. I could have been wrong but I didn't have time to wonder about it as he hurled me toward the huge display window at the front of the store. The crash of shattering glass filled my ears which was followed immediately by the screams of the passerby's I went sailing past before I landed on the hot concrete path. My head bounced off the ground with a resounding smack. I saw stars as I skidded along the ground until I came to rest at the feet of a surprised looking security guard who dropped his bagged lunch and pulled out his taser.

"Don't move," He ordered me and if I had thought he wouldn't Tase me in the face I would have probably laughed at how ridiculous that sounded to me.

I raised my arms as best I could.

"Don't worry, I had everything under... control," I slurred out.

The moment the last syllable left my lips the world went black on me as I passed out.

****

Alex glanced into the rearview mirror for what felt like the hundredth time since he had left the estate. No one in the back of the SUV's expressions seemed to have changed much since he last checked. Mr. Voss still looked worried and pissed off. Addison matched his look while Mrs. Voss only looked worried but he figured that she was hiding her anger until she made sure that her Karly was all right. Alex thought about opening up his mouth to make up some excuse as to why Grayson did what he did but thought better of it.

"The less I say at this point the better," He thought.

He already knew how close he'd come to getting fired when he gathered the family in the study to explain what was happening.

"Why would he go to the aquarium of all places? Doesn't he think this estate is secure enough?" Mr. Voss had asked Alex.

"I'm not sure what he was thinking, sir," Alex answered.

"Or even if he was thinking." Cassidy uttered then turned to Mr. Voss. "I told you not to trust that guy."

"Now is not the fucking time Cassidy," Mr. Voss answered angrily.

"If anything happens to my sister or my friend..." Addison had left the threat to hang in the air.

With her first hand experience with these guys already, she more than any of them, knew how dangerous they were.

"Now is not the time to ask these questions, not until we get our baby back home." Mrs. Voss stated.

Alex started to breathe a sigh of relief that she was playing the voice of reason until she added. "We'll figure who all to fire once that's done."

"Great." He thought. "Grayson, if those goons don't kill you I just might."

"What are we waiting for Mr. Kortesis? Let's go retrieve my daughter." Mr. Voss stated.

"Sir, I don't think that..." Alex started to say but stopped when Mr. Voss glared at him.

"We're going, end of discussion," He stated. "You can escort us or you can quit, either way is up to you."

Alex gave him a curt nod then spoke to Joe via his earbud.

"Joe, have our SUV's pulled to the front door and have me a team of six guards meet us there as well. Mr. Williams and the family are with me in the SUV. I want two of them in the lead car and the other two in a follow car. Everyone armed and ready to roll out in thirty seconds," he ordered.

"Copy that," Joe had answered.

Now they were riding in silence toward The Carolinas Aquarium. Alex was in the passenger seat while Cassidy drove at his insistence.

"Everyone keep alert and call out if anything seems suspicious. Rear detail keep a close eye on your six to make sure we haven't picked up a tail," He radioed the other cars.

"Your man put Karly and Michelle in danger Mr. Kortesis," Cassidy commented. "I doubt they have enough manpower to stage two kidnappings at the same time."

"I don't know what these people are capable of, Mr. Williams. For all I know this could be a trap to lead us out into the open or they could have had a trap waiting for Karly, Michelle and Ken just as they had for Addison and Lissa," Alex argued. "I'd just as soon play it safe with the whole family."

Cassidy started to argue some more but Addison spoke up first.

"Dad, that's what happened when Lissa picked me up. One of them started following us and ended up trapping us in when we rounded the curve. If it nearly worked once, who's to say they weren't going to try it again with Karly." Addison pointed out.

Mr. Voss pondered this for a moment then nodded.

"It is possible that Mr. Grayson took them some place with a lot of witnesses," he said. "Much safer to be in a crowd than on a nearly deserted road."

Alex wanted to jump into the back and kiss Addison for helping out like that but he contained himself. He pulled out his cell phone to call Michelle for an update when another thought struck him. He dialed a different number and waited.

"This is Young," Det. Young answered her phone.

"Detective this Alex Kortesis," he stated.

"Yes Mr. Kortesis, how can I help you?" She asked.

"You and your partner are going to want to meet us at The Carolina's Aquarium." he told her then explained what was happening there.

"Are they all right?" She asked hurriedly as she snapped her fingers at her partner.

Lang looked up and she gestured toward the car keys on his desk. He nodded, grabbed them up then followed her toward the stairs.

"I was just about to call Ms. Ripley back to check that but she assured me earlier that she and Karly were safe," Alex answered. "They weren't sure about Grayson."

"All right," she said. "We're heading toward you and rolling closest available units to the aquarium as well. See you there."

****

Alex then called Michelle back.

"We're about halfway there," he stated. "Are you two still all right?"

"We're both still fine but Kenny..." Michelle started to answer but she hesitated.

"Kenny what?" He prompted her.

"He led those guys to this store that's under construction but he hasn't come back out," She whispered to him.

"Ken knows what he's doing, Michelle," he assured her. "I'm sure he's..."

Karly screamed which cut him off then he heard the phone clatter as it fell to the floor.

"Michelle? Michelle?" He called out.

He didn't hear her pick back up but could hear them in background talking frantically.

"Get a medic to the Stingray area now!" Michelle ordered. "Karly do not move from that seat!"

"But he's..." Karly cried out.

"I can see that. Don't you move!" Michelle stated. "Glen, get more security down there too and stop anyone that leaves that store! Tell them to not take chances with any of them."

"Yes, ma'am," A male voice answered and Alex assumed that was Glen.

"Where the hell is the medic?" Michelle shouted.

"I've got a couple of guards joining her. They're en route," Glen answered.

"Tell Roger to stand down. That's our friend lying there," Michelle stated. "Is he moving? Don't let him move and do not shoot him!"

* * *

"You scared the crap out of me." Alex told Michelle as they all reunited in the waiting area of the medical facilities at the aquarium. "I thought they'd found you guys."

"I'm sorry. I heard the crash through the monitors then saw him hit the ground. He was so still that I thought..." She paused and tried to force her hands to stop shaking. "I just... I had to do something."

He thought about telling her that he heard her take charge and was impressed but from the look she was giving him it was not something she wanted to hear right now.

"It's going to be all right," He tried to assure her. "What are the doctors telling you?"

"I haven't talked with her yet. I felt like I needed to stay with Karly until you guys got here," she shared. "She's pissed at me because of it. About all of it."

"The doctor," Alex asked confused.

"Karly," Michelle clarified. "She wanted us to go back out and find Kenny when we were separated but he told me that I had to make sure she stayed safe. I did that but she hates me now because of it. Not that I blame her. I kind of hate myself right now."

"Michelle, you did the right thing," He told her as he gave her shoulder a squeeze.

"It sure doesn't feel like it." she sighed then looked at Karly who was trying her best not to glare at her.

"What exactly happened? Beginning to end," Mr. Voss asked wanting to know so he could decide if he was just going to fire Grayson or Alex's whole company.

"Michelle was taking Kenny to breakfast this morning and I kind of invited myself along. Mr. Williams didn't want me to go at all but I needed to get out for awhile. Mr. Kortesis wanted to send another guard along but we all figured that we'd be back in no time and he really needed everyone to help plan for tonight's party." Karly started to explain her version of the events. "We had breakfast and then..."

"We had to run by our friend Lissa's house to pick up some things for her and Scott. I kind of volunteered Kenny to help me because I didn't want to go there alone," Michelle lied.

Karly looked surprised but didn't correct her so she continued.

"We got to their place but before we got out of the car Kenny noticed this silver car sitting off to the side with these two guys just sitting there," Michelle said.

"It was strange because they didn't get out of the car at all. They just sat there watching us, it was creepy." Karly picked up with only a slight nod to Michelle.

"Kenny started the car telling us that he had a bad feeling about them. After he pulled out of the driveway the car started following us."

"Well they didn't immediately start following us," Michelle jumped back in. "Kenny figured out they were after leading them through that side street just to be sure."

"I guess us being at Scott's house was playing on his mind because he thought that they could have set up a trap like they had before so coming back to the estate was out of the question," Karly said. "We could have tried the police station but we weren't anywhere close to it. The aquarium was closer and Michelle could get us to the security office where we'd be safe and hopefully catch the guys following us on camera as well."

"The problem was that they tried to cut us off from the door to the security area but Kenny managed to lead them away from us so I could get Karly to safety," Michelle said.

"See, Daddy," Karly said "He did all that he could to keep us safe. No one needs to be fired, if anything he and Michelle both deserve our thanks for what they did today."

She let go of her father's hand and walked over to Michelle then hugged her tight.

"Thank you, Michelle. I'm sorry I doubted you," She said.

The two of them looked anxiously at Karly's gathered family and tried to see if their lies were holding up. After several moments passed Mr. Voss stepped over and hugged Michelle as well. Cassidy wanted to call out the story they just told as a hoax but without proof, it would do him no good so he went back to fuming quietly.

"Thank you for what you did to help Karly." He whispered to her then turned to his wife and Addison. "One of you will have to hug Mr. Grayson because I'm not doing it."

They laughed together and all hugged one another except for Alex who knew that story they just spun was all a load of crap. He was surprised the Voss' bought it but even more surprised that the two of them lied to save not only Ken's ass but his company's as well.

* * *

Having smelling salts shoved under my nose was never a way I liked to be brought out of unconsciousness. I could think of about a dozen other ways that were much more pleasant. The kiss of a beautiful woman or the smell of cooking bacon were examples of just two off the top of my jumbled head. Smelling salts were what I got though and I woke up with pain in my side and a mammoth headache. Looking around I found myself laying in, what I assumed to be, the medical facilities at the aquarium. Frankly, it could have been the medical bay on the Starship Enterprise for all I knew but I didn't think I had been out quite that long. A pretty blonde woman in hospital looking scrubs leaned over me and flashed a penlight in my eyes. I noticed the Carolinas Aquarium logo on the blue fabric and knew that my brains weren't that scrambled.

"Welcome back to the land of the living, Mr. Grayson." She said with just a hint of southern drawl. "We thought you might nap all day after the bump you took."

"We," I asked.

I managed to sit up which caused the room to spin on me. So much so that I had to grab her shoulder for support.

"I could have told you that was not going to end well," She shook her head at me.

"Good thing I didn't have much in the way of breakfast this morning. I'd hate to throw up on someone I just met." I joked.

"That's what the pan is for, Mr. Grayson. Make sure you put it to use if you need it," She pointed toward the silver pan that was on the nearby table.

"I'm good," I assured. "At least I think I'm good."

"You're doing far from good, Ken," A voice called from the door.

I looked toward the sound and found myself staring at Alex, well at one of the three Alex's that I see before I closed my eyes and focused. The multiples were gone when I reopened my eyes but the one that was left didn't look happy.

"How fired am I?" I asked and tried to shake the cobwebs loose.

That was a bad idea because the room spun even worse than before. Thankfully, the medic righted me before I tipped ass over teakettle to the floor.

"Thanks again." I told her as I got my balance back.

"Don't mention it. Can't have you banging your head again, now can I?" She smiled.

Alex walked over while he shook his head the entire time. Once the room slowed to merry go round speed for me I asked again.